favourite adult beverages

martiangurll

Straight tequila would be my primary choice since I am low carb'ing it. I like Petron. Of course I am a bit of a candya$$, so I have my training wheels nearby (salt shaker and limes). Best with a back of Mexican beer, I like Corona Light, Bohemia, Dos XX, Pacifica or Sol.

Other good low carbs one is SugarFree Red Bull plus Vodka. Jager plus Vodka shots are good too.
Captain Morgan Rum and Sprite or Diet Sprite plus 4 limes. The 4 limes are not optional.
Vodka Gray Goose martini, extra olives, extra dirty
and Bourbon and diet coke are always good. If I am just sipping the bourbon, its gotta be Crown Royal.

Bloody Mary with Gray Goose or better yet, Stoli with pepper infusion. Very tasty and I can count the stalk of celery towards my vegetable servings of the day...and this counts about 10 grams of carbs, so okay for an indulgence...

Margaritas if I am going to indulge in the carbs. are excellent. If I make those myself, I like the Tarantula tequila mixer (its blue!) with white/silver tequila, preferably Tres Generations.

Italian margaritas made at Olive Garden and other similiar places are delicious. They encorporate Amaretto into the classic margarita formula and other stuff I don't know about--probably vodka.

If I am feeling fruity, a Cosmo with Gray Goose or Stoli Vanile is good.

Lava Flow (pina colada swirled with strawberry daiquiri like substance) was my all time favorite until I developed a strawberry allergy. Dang.

Screw driver with Stoli or Gray Goose is good if I am at a basic bar where I am afraid the bartender doesn't know how to mix drinks and needs something easy or I am too wasted to think.

For just straight getting plowed, I like the Mind Eraser. (Vodka layered over Kahlua and drink with a straw--I think is how its made.) I don't recall exactly, because it achieved the objective hinted at by its name.

Lets not forget about the Hurricane. I have no idea what's in that, but it tastes like Hawaiian punch and it really gets you wasted fast.

That pretty much sums up my favorites.

Swirlgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Margaritas if I am going to indulge in the carbs. are excellent. If I make those myself, I like the Tarantula tequila mixer (its blue!) with white/silver tequila, preferably Tres Generations.

I am something of a tequila snob and I think my favorite drink ever is a margarita made with the Tres Generation. But I love, love all different kinds of tequila.

But if I'm not a place that specializes in Mexican food or margaritas/tequila my fail safe drinks are Ketel One and tonic or UV Blue Vodka and lemonade.

I've also been getting more and more into wine.

m4dswine

My current fave beverage is Koko Kanu rum, with lime juice and soda water. Yum, yum
smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

My fav drink is a Long Island. But I've never mastered the knack of making them myself, so for at home drinking, White Russians are absolutely delish. Screw drivers are also yummy, and I recently tried Passion Fruit Rum with Sprite and it was pretty darn good as well.

But I'm a Long Island drinker... I get one every where we go and everyone knows that that's what I'm going to order LOL.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
For a pool party/day at the beach:
Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade
Vodka instead of water to mix. Throw fruit of your choice in there as well.

Or for a more homemade flavor:
Take the zest of 7 lemons and boil with 1.5 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water. Boil until it's a lemon flavored simple syrup.
Fill a half gallon pitcher with ice. I like Sonic's ice, because it's aerated and crushed, but you can use anything.
Pour 2 cups of lemon juice over the ice.
Let the simple syrup cool, then pour it over the ice.
Finish with vodka of your choice, I like to use the raspberry flavor, but the straight is just as good. Strawberry vodka is another nice touch.
Slice some strawberries and apples up and layer when you're putting the ice in, and throw some raspberries or blueberries in along with it. Delish.
Mess with the proportions as you choose, some like a sweeter lemonade, some like one more tart. If you're feeling REALLY frisky, pour your glass of lemonade then throw a shot of Jack into it. Yeeks.

Bubble gum vodka with grape juice is just about yummy as it gets.

Sour Apple Pucker, Triple Sec, Vodka for an appletini. Go the Friday's route and pour it over yellow or blue cotton candy.

There's such a thing as Bubble Gum vodka? I never heard of that but MUST find it
th_drool.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesNoGhost
Martinis are my favorite.

I'm a big fan of adding Grey Goose to anything. Pretty sure that Grey Goose makes everything better.

Irish Car Bombs are good too.

ITA about Gray Goose. Curious about the Irish Car bomb. I am thinking that will involve fine Irish whiskey? Would you share a recipe???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
I like Washington Apples
smiles.gif
Few weekends ago I tried a Japanese Sex and fell in love. I have a thing for pineapple.

No idea what's in that, but sounds lovely. Must investigate further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
having a naturally high tolerance for alcohol, i'm going to try everything posted here FO SHO. probably not all in one night though...unless.....
smiles.gif

Love this thread, taking enabling to a new level. Now we can all get wasted and do intoxicated shopping. Probably not cheaper than seeing a shrink, but more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Lol, a friend of mine has that theory about bacon.
lol.gif

The bacon is better theory is really more of a scientific fact. Same thing with green chili (Southwestern style)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroerin
I'm mostly a Bacardi & Diet Coke girl, but one of my best friends' boyfriends makes this awesome shot--one part Jager, one part Wild Turkey, one part peppermint schnapps, and one part Goldschlager. SO delicious! It tastes like Big Red gum. mmmm, it was an instant favorite!

Totally forgot about Goldschlager. Must try this shot. Love Wild Turkey & Jager also. Although I admit I want to see if it takes like Big Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
My current fave beverage is Koko Kanu rum, with lime juice and soda water. Yum, yum
smiles.gif

Must try this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
There's such a thing as Bubble Gum vodka? I never heard of that but MUST find it
th_drool.gif

Who makes it? Not sure I like too many fruity vodkas, but have fond memories in High School involving cherry infusions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
My fav drink is a Long Island. But I've never mastered the knack of making them myself, so for at home drinking, White Russians are absolutely delish. Screw drivers are also yummy, and I recently tried Passion Fruit Rum with Sprite and it was pretty darn good as well.

But I'm a Long Island drinker... I get one every where we go and everyone knows that that's what I'm going to order LOL.

Can't do the Long Islands. No tolerance and mixing means I am going to have a bad hangover and probably a black out with obnoxious "that girl" stories the next day...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
th_drool.gif

Three Olives Bubble Vodka.

You can try it with lemonade too.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Three Olives Bubble Vodka.

You can try it with lemonade too.

drinkup.gif
Thanks. Gotta try it!

BeccalovesMAC

Blue moon beer. Don Julio tequila shots when cold. That shit is dangerous tho. Smooth tequila shot. I'm not a big fan of girly drinks.

Funtabulous

A glass of Red Wine does it for me! I especially like Cabernet Sauvignon. Wolf Blass and Jackson Trigs are usually my favourites, though I like to try many. :D

blazeno.8

My favorite is really simple. It's called sorbete de limon 'lemon sorbet'.
1 individual sized lemon sorbet or lemon ice cream
3/4 bottle of Freixinet (sparkling white wine from Catalunia)

I think Haagen Dazs' lemon ice cream (5 ingredients) is much better for the consistency of the drink than lemon sorbet.

revinn

I drink shots of lemon gin, almost exclusively. Delicious and gets the job done!

Not many bars have it though, so when I'm out I'll usually just order a vodka cranberry or a Tom Collins. I like the taste of sugary mixed drinks (Purple Haze in particular!), but they make me a little nauseaus, so I try to keep it as pure as possible.

MissPanther

I LOVE this one martini called "Hello Kitty Martini"

Hello Kitty Martini:
3 oz Strawberry Vodka
1/2 oz Gin
1 1/2 Peach Schnapps

finchkittie

I haven't tried all that many ~fancy~ drinks but Tequila Sunrises are pretty good! Long Island Iced Tea is good too.
and it's not really a beverage but jello shots are my favorite!

macgagalip

My fave's are : Cranberry juice, tsp of lime juice, diet squirt and my fave EFFEN dark cherry vodka, margaritas and mojitos .. yummy!! and Im planning to try everything post here!!

JULIA

Malibu's coconut rum with orange juice. It's the only thing I'll drink! I hate drinks where the alcohol is super strong, I like my drinks to taste like juice.