FNO Chanel Exclusives

Winthrop44

If anyone still "needs" La Provocante l/s you can call the Chanel counter at Bloomingdales on 59th Street in NYC and they will send it to you.:)

Winthrop44

Not the right thread but I couldn't find the other one,

I tried Apparition (the darker blue es) for the first time today & I love it on. It has a real beautiful depth of color to it. I used it over my usual MAC Root just up the the crease & then used MAC's Sparkle Neely Sparkle from the crease up. SO beautiful.
Would you say it's similar to MAC Deep Truth or is it more navy or blackened or more grey in it? I'm still having a hard time figuring out whether I could pull it off from swatches.

elegant-one

Would you say it's similar to MAC Deep Truth or is it more navy or blackened or more grey in it? I'm still having a hard time figuring out whether I could pull it off from swatches.
Let me see if I have deep truth & I will swatch them to see exactly. I'm not even sure that I have it. I would say that It is more of a blackened navy deep blue no gray.

elegant-one

Next to DT it looks a bit more subtle with just a tad lavender. Much prettier on than DT. DT is a much brighter blue.

Color in the pic looks really true, but Apparition wears a deep darkened blue. It looks lighter on my finger than what it does on unless you wear just a wash of it. Its pretty & I don't wear blues :)

Apparition left, DT right

elegant-one

Oh thanks so much -- that's a huge help!
So is that a yes or a no on it
girlhaha.gif
I loved it over root. It made it a day wearable smokey look

mtrimier

Finally got my tube of La provocante.

i wanted to hate it so hard, but couldn't lol. i lurv it.

more than makes up for the "meh" of young rapunxel for me, but i don't think i'll be buying from chanel.com ever again. i'll just have to get off ma arse and go in to the counters from now on for my doses of fancy.

Winthrop44

Glad you love it after all that! It's too bad your experience with chanel.com was so terrible. I haven't had any bad experiences with them personally (other than wishing they were better informed) but I sure wish I had a counter I could go to!

lenamonster

I can hardly believe it, according to UPS my FNO plum twinset & Skyline nailpolish should arrive today. Could the Seattle store finally have come through??

elkaknits

I can hardly believe it, according to UPS my FNO plum twinset & Skyline nailpolish should arrive today. Could the Seattle store finally have come through??
I just spoke to Tressa yesterday and she made no mention of the polish arriving. Meanwhile I got the lipstick last week.

lenamonster

I just spoke to Tressa yesterday and she made no mention of the polish arriving.  Meanwhile I got the lipstick last week.
Ohh do you like it? I got it and it looks super dark & matte but I haven't tried it yet! I hope the polish comes eventually.

elkaknits

Ohh do you like it? I got it and it looks super dark & matte but I haven't tried it yet! I hope the polish comes eventually.
I do love it. It does not go on that strong on me.... but then I am infamous for merely 'looking at' the lipsticks as one MUA put it. I am not heavy handed in application

elkaknits

bumping since I figured I should review instead of on the fall collection like I have been

So I received the infidel nail polish and provocante lipstick {I know I am misspelling everything but don't feel like pulling stuff out for fancy frenchified spellings} shortly after the FNO event and I liked the lippie but felt the polish was not very flattering. To be honest I was kinda meh about both of them and almost cancelled the infidel lipstick since the color was so not good for me. And the provocation~ I have so many similar vampy colors :( I of course love vampies so .....

This week I finally, finally!, got the other half of my FNO order and I LOVE the infidel lipstick and am meh about the provocation nail polish. I feel as if the Infidel is my lips but better. I wore it and my daughters said they couldn't tell I was wearing lipstick but I looked nice. My husband didn't comment on it so I assume he also couldn't tell I was wearing lipstick. I feel like backing up the infidel lipstick like mad although honestly I rarely wear lipstick unless it is kapow in your face. It feel as if it is a super classy color on me. Total LOVE LOVE LOVE.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by elkaknits
{I know I am misspelling everything but don't feel like pulling stuff out for fancy frenchified spellings}

lmao.gif
Can I be your friend? For serious?

That's a tough call, elkaknits. You will likely never find this lippie again as they were EXTREMELY limited edition. I think feeling classy is a very good thing and certainly has its place in life. If you have the money I say go for it. You can always sell or swap in a few months if you realize you'll never get through tube #2.