FOTD (June 8)

I love that you used drugstore products. ^_^ Like you, I'm totally too poor to afford MAC. I really love how intense your eyes look.

I'll have to try using vaseline as a base some time.
clap.gif

aziajs

You have gorgeous eyes and the color looks amazing on you. The only CC I would give would concern your brows. I think they would look amazing if you cleaned them up and filled them in a bit.
smiles.gif

ETA: What kind of brushes do you use? And, I think we would all love to see a tutorial if you have time. So many of us are curious about using vaseline as a base.

uptowngirl

FWIW, I have a ton of Milani shadows and they have never come out looking this good. Great job on all of your pics.

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrix66612
I love that you used drugstore products. ^_^ Like you, I'm totally too poor to afford MAC. I really love how intense your eyes look.

I'll have to try using vaseline as a base some time.
clap.gif

lol! Vaseline is only 97 cents!! lol

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
You have gorgeous eyes and the color looks amazing on you. The only CC I would give would concern your brows. I think they would look amazing if you cleaned them up and filled them in a bit.
smiles.gif

ETA: What kind of brushes do you use? And, I think we would all love to see a tutorial if you have time. So many of us are curious about using vaseline as a base.

Yea my brows need work lol...i just use some brushes from target, i don't remember the name, maybe studio basics, i dont know but they are like $1.99 and i like them for the most part! I'll do a tutorial with the Vaseline, maybe Sunday!

Jayne

i really love it ! gorgeous !
i have the shock e/s since a few weeks (huh months) and now I really have to try it
greengrin.gif

Showgirl

Not meaning to cast a downer on thangs (your makeup looks ASTONISHING, btw!) but..... is Vaseline eyesafe? It is made from paraffin, which doesn't sound like a particularly "want it near yer eyes" kinda thing to me.... genuinely don't know, just wondering if anyone else does.... I occasionally used to wear it to stick on glitter, but stopped when it occurred to me that Vaseline is called "petroleum jelly" because petroleum's precisely what it's made from, lol!

Wikipedia Link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_jelly

Vaseline's own site: http://www.vaseline.co.uk/

Page briefly outlining chemical properties including brief mention of possibility of carcinogens: http://www.inchem.org/documents/icsc/icsc/eics1440.htm

I should imagine it's the kinda thing that's OK to use once in a while, but you possibly don't want near your eyes everyday as that's NOT what it's designed for.... but that's just me forming a personal opinion based on caution, lack of certainty, and the bits 'n pieces I've read (ie, the links above).... if anyone knows with more surety about whether vaseline's OK to wear on your eyelids I'd much appreciate your input!

entipy

RE Vaseline safety - I know people have used it to remove eye makeup for a long time. Other than that, I don't know!

RE Vaseline base and tut - YES! A tut would be wonderful! Do you use your fingers to apply the vaseline or a brush? I'd love to see a close up pic detailing about how much goes onto each lid.
smiles.gif