Fur - hot or not?

MACLovin

I don't think it's hot, at all... I think it's kind of stupid, actually. No offense to anyone who wears it but there are plenty of fabrics you can make clothing out of. This isn't the year 1525 like you're some native american who has to make their clothes out of fur and hide.. please.

And like you said, the way the animals are slaughtered for their fur is horrendous and cruel. So why support something like that?

If you like the look that much, wear fake fur or something..
th_rolleye0014.gif

animacani

^ I agree! I saw this video some days ago and all I can say is OMG! I got so pissed when I saw that video! It was a fur farm in China or something they were hitting the animals so bad then cutting the fur while the animals were alive! I serously dont even know how I watched the whole video..

carrieann07

I think it's one of the farthest thing's that should be considered "hot". I wouldn't be wearing a humans skin around as clothing, so why would I wear fur? It's gross and inhumane IMO.

Shimmer

I love leather.
I eat cows.
I don't eat fox, mink, rabbit, or chinchilla, so I don't want to wear their fur.

EllieFerris

My husband and I are the same way!

We don't eat baby seals, python, crocodile, etc., so why would I want a seal coat, python headband, or a crocodile bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I love leather.
I eat cows.
I don't eat fox, mink, rabbit, or chinchilla, so I don't want to wear their fur.

hhunt2

Fur= Not!

I truely think fur looks ugly.
I'm not a PETA member or whatever (b/c I think leather is hot), but fur (for example, like what Rachel Zoe wears) is ugly.

Fur on indigenous people (rural to the snow)... that's alright (there's a purpose why they wear it).

Mabelle

fur is NOT hot! Sometimes i can dig a FAUX fur trim, but really thats as much as i can handel.

I dont understand the whole fur coat deal. First, you look like a yetti. Second, how can you wear that and not think about the huge amounts of mink that were skinned for that jacket? Only ugly people wear fur, and thats a fact.

Furs on indiginous peoples in one thing... they usually have huge amounts of resepct for the animals they kill. They eat them, they wear their skins. They do not keep in them in teeny cages, where they suffer there entire lives and then skin them alive (in many cases).

I used to work in retail, i did stock. One holiday season we got in this horrendous cropped faux fur jacket. It was supposed to be "old hollywood glamour" but honestly, it looked like someone had skinned a golden retriver. I was making fun of the jacket and then said something about how disgusting fur is. My boss jumped in, going nuts about how "they kill them humanly, there are regulations! People eat the meat after wards. Im part native american, we belive in living off the land." There were so many things wrong with what she was saying, i really had to bite my tongue. How completly ignorant can some people be? Well, thats the kind of person that wears fur.

Malena

Wearing fur is NOT hot - it´s disgusting!!!

I can not understand why anyone wears it - why would I want to wear something for that an animal was killed in a very brutal way?
I´ll never get that...but I believe in karma!

k.a.t

I want to skin the people who wear fur. Skin them and then make myself a nice new jacket.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
I want to skin the people who wear fur. Skin them and then make myself a nice new jacket.

freckle jacket!!!

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t

haha, that reminds me of ace ventura.

I don't wear fur..I mean I couldn't afford it if I wanted to...But I would never. I feel like these days it's really more of a status symbol than anything. Hair grosses me out so I would never want to be wearing it, but again even if it didn't it's completly unnecessary. It's 2008, we don't need to be wearing animal fur to keep warm.

kimmy

i like faux fur on some things. not a fan of real fur though, the faux stuff is so close in appearance and texture i don't think using real fur is really necessary.

Mabelle

Coming from a costume designer's point of view, no matter how good the synthetic, it will never look as good as real fur. That being said, theres no flippin way i would use real fur. nevr never never! I can comprimise my "vision" if it means i dont have to aid in the murder of an innocent animal.