Fur - hot or not?

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
freckle jacket!!!

Lol i don't even know what that is but it made me laugh
tong.gif

M.A.C. head.

I have two mink coats that I inherited from my grandmother, and I have worn them before. I love them, but I don't think that I would buy myself or anyone else a fur garment.

redambition

i am not a fan of fur at all. faux fur is the way to go. there are so many myths about the fur industry, but in reality it's totally inhumane. the animals are bred for nothing except their pelt.

that said, i still buy leather shoes. i have tried and tried to wear pleather, but my feet swell so much in pleather shoes that it gets painful... all because it doesn't breathe like leather does. the only shoes i can last a whole day in are leather ones.

sweetangelkiss

Unless you live in freakn Alaska I think it's unnecessary plus fur can look so pompous on the wrong person but faux fur can be cute depending on the style...

MxAxC-_ATTACK

NOT hot.
I won't even wear Faux Fur because of what it represents.

I'm no Peta member, They take things way overboard , I just think fur is gross. My grandma had 2 mink stoles, and i would freak out when I saw them in the closet. haha .

but I am slightly bias because I am a HUGE animal lover.

ginger9

Sure fur is beautiful but that doesn't make it okay to slaughter animals for people's selfish totally materialistic desires. Fur is only hot when worn by the original owner - the animal itself.

The only exception is eskimos who wear fur as part of their living/culture/heritage. Nowadays, I don't even know if eskimos wear fur any more.

HeavenLeiBlu

I think it's tacky, more often than not. I'm guilty of having a fur trimmed coat or three (faux) and I even get annoyed at myself for wearing them, LOL

Mabelle

I must admit that i find the look of fur attractive, but as i said before, i would never wear real fur.
I went to an YSL exhibit two weeks ago and saw some amazing creations made with fur, but knowing that an animal was brutally slaughter for it... well, it really takes away from the garment. There was even a hat made with a little fox face in it. It was awful
ssad.gif

ZoeKat

Faux fur trim can be hot. I would never even consider wearing fur. A couple of years ago I received a really cute hooded sweater from a family member for Xmas. The hood had what I thought was faux fur trim...after wearing it once or twice I realized the trim was rabbit fur. I was absolutely horrified and didn't know what to do. I couldn't believe my aunt had chosen that sweater for me, but she thought it was faux fur as well. But even with faux fur, I wouldn't wear anything with more than just trim. I know someone with a full length faux fur coat and I think it looks ridiculous and tacky.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I love leather.
I eat cows.
I don't eat fox, mink, rabbit, or chinchilla, so I don't want to wear their fur.

I do eat rabbit, but actually the fur for rabbit fur usually is farmed especially for that, it's not taken from the same rabbits that are eaten. I didn't know that at first so I have some rabbit skin winter boots because I do eat the meat so I thought, waste not want not, right? Turns out the fur likely came from a fur farm.
ssad.gif

I didn't know that then so I would never buy rabbit fur anymore either, because I'm against how the animals in fur farms are generally treated. I don't own any other fur besides those boots and I hate seeing women in long fur coats. It's sickening.

Randy Rose

I guess I'm in the minority on this, but I love my furs. I have a couple coats that I inherited from deceased family members, and if I have the cash I'm going to pick up a fur lined hoodie this winter. I respect people who choose not to wear fur, just like people who choose not to eat meat, but I enjoy both.

spectrolite

Definitely not. Poor little fur balls.. I don't understand how humans can be so unnecessarily cruel. Our animal friends feel pain just as bad as we do and I wish more could be done to ensure that they are kept safe. I wonder if these "designers" could hear and see the pain inflicted on these animals if they would change their ways? Probably not! It's a clear case of vanity before humanity.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I am a meat eater, and I wear leather and I like to hunt (and eat what I hunt). I don't wear fur because it's not a necessity for me and the animals in fur farms go through extreme torture. However, I would never say that I want to kill or torture people who wear fur.