General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Oh, with our 'return love-fest' here, I almost forgot to report back on the Le Coton Pads
girlhaha.gif

They are so very incredibly soft soft soft on the eye area skin. And like the other reviewer said, they definitely use way less product! It doesn't just soak into the pad & so you don't lose more liquid like it does with an ol' cotton ball
smiles.gif

Also, I cut the pads into thirds & the smaller pieces seem to be enough.

shontay07108

Sooo, here I go again. I just drop in out of nowhere
lol.gif
. Looking at the stuff on Temptalia, I sooo want Pink Explosion and Plum Attraction blush. Plum Attraction is calling me, begging to be mine. It can be what Dirty Plum by Mac wishes it could be (did not care for that one). I also want Coral Love glossimer. Who can say no to coral??? By the description, I think I'll getChalys lipstick, but I want to see it in person first b/c I am not the biggest fan of Chanel lipstick.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the eye kohls? How well do they last on the waterline? I really want like a flesh colored pencil for the eye. I am so disappointed with the Mac one.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Hi ladies!!!
wavey.gif
I'm back!!
yahoo.gif

That's exciting news!! Now we'll be able to compare and discuss things properly!!!
thmbup.gif

I'm just praying they don't stop making the quads and JC baked!!

Cheryl I'm soo excited for you!!
th_DANCE.gif

... and a bit jealous of course!!
graucho.gif
Thanks for your gorgeous review!!
yes.gif

Can't hardly wait!!

"Gods in everyman" by J.S. Bolen. Very, very interesting book. It's an exploration through greek gods of men archetypes and psychology. Really impressive.

OH Shontay!! I'm soo sorry!! It's incredible what people can do!! I can only imagine your anger and frustration!! Have to go trough that at your own place!!!

My bet it's Rose Dentelle + the sheerest of glosses from the collection.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!!
kissy.gif

Rude Chanel SAs are the worst thing!! Can't they notice they sell expensive items that we buy with hard earned money???
angry.gif

So glad you found it!!
thmbup.gif
Enjoy it dear!!
love.gif

I know!!
th_cheerup.gif
Not having family close it's the absolute worst thing!!
ssad.gif
The minute I left my dad at the airport I began missing him!! I no longer cry when I left mom and dad, but definitely feel broken and incomplete!!
cry.gif
Hubby always tries to make it up to me, but nothing can compensate my loss... Anyway, aren't our guys sweet or what??
love.gif

Hypathya -- missed you!
heart.gif
heart.gif
Glad you are back. That is hard about leaving your parents after a visit! I live close to family, and there is a good chance we may be moving. Sobs
cry.gif

Thanks for your book recommendation. Sooo, maybe one day we can all have a book club, Chanel party, baking convention, and craft day all in one! haha Wouldn't that be fun??
yes.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Hey darlin! Glad you're back here. That was so sweet what you wrote about your dad.
heart.gif
Incomplete is a good word to describe it. Good caring hubbies do help it a bit.

You would think that the Chanel ladies would consider it a wonderful almost privilege to work for Chanel, but I'm not feeling that from them lately.
th_wink3.gif

th_kiss.gif

Well, maybe Chanel would consider hiring us???
graucho.gif

I'd give you "full size" samples!!
lol.gif

Quote:
Oh, with our 'return love-fest' here, I almost forgot to report back on the Le Coton Pads
girlhaha.gif

They are so very incredibly soft soft soft on the eye area skin. And like the other reviewer said, they definitely use way less product! It doesn't just soak into the pad & so you don't lose more liquid like it does with an ol' cotton ball
smiles.gif

They do sound dreamy!! I hope I can grab some!!
sigh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Sooo, here I go again. I just drop in out of nowhere
lol.gif
. Looking at the stuff on Temptalia, I sooo want Pink Explosion and Plum Attraction blush. Plum Attraction is calling me, begging to be mine. It can be what Dirty Plum by Mac wishes it could be (did not care for that one). I also want Coral Love glossimer. Who can say no to coral??? By the description, I think I'll getChalys lipstick, but I want to see it in person first b/c I am not the biggest fan of Chanel lipstick.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the eye kohls? How well do they last on the waterline? I really want like a flesh colored pencil for the eye. I am so disappointed with the Mac one.

Don't you dare making Plum Attraction suffer!!
nonono.gif
Be a good caring soul and get it!!
yes.gif
It is begging you, be merciful!!
cutey.gif

Why aren't you a Chanel lipstick fan??
th_confused_new.gif

I never wear my Chanel kohls in waterlines cause I prefer Le Stylo Waterproof for that, but I'll test it tomorrow and give you my report, dear!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Hypathya -- missed you!
heart.gif
heart.gif
Glad you are back. That is hard about leaving your parents after a visit! I live close to family, and there is a good chance we may be moving. Sobs
cry.gif

Thanks for your book recommendation. Sooo, maybe one day we can all have a book club, Chanel party, baking convention, and craft day all in one! haha Wouldn't that be fun??
yes.gif

th_hug.gif
Missed you too, dear!! With my dad visiting, had no time for Specktra!! Had to make the most of my dad's company!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

I hope you don't have to move so far away from your family!!
heart2.gif

OMG!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! That'd be soo much fun!!
party.gif

Meanwhile, I already took note on the books you all were discussing during the weekend.
thmbup.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Could you ladies give me some advice with Chanel foundations? Every foundation I've used from Chanel has been too dark and a bit too strong in yellow tones (I have a brand new vitalumière éclat comfort radiance compact makeup in beige pastel which I haven't yet used and I'm hoping it would be better in colour for me! But I want a liquid too
tong.gif
).

I'm NC15 in Mac (in summer a bit darker, the darkest I go is prolly NC25), porcelain/0 in Bobbi Brown (sand 2 in summer). I've tried for example the Teint Innocence naturally luminous compact makeup in 20 Clair and that was too dark and yellow (I do have some yellow undertones but I'm leaning towards being neutral, not too much pink in me I guess). I'm hoping to find something that is light enough for me in winter, it is easier to get darker shades for summer.

So, I would like to try the shades you have available in US that we don't have here, but I don't know which one to choose as I have to order it online. I was looking at the Vitalumière moisture rich radiance foundation. Should I go with Diaphane 0.2 or Ivoire 0.5? I see this one at saksfifthavenue.com but not at chanel.com for some reason. Is Diaphane just lighter than Ivoire or does it go pink? Would either one compare to Mac NC15 in colouring? Also I would love to hear if somebody has used this updated formula!
yes.gif
TIA!

I can't help you with those light shades, but I'll try to look at them and compare with MAC NC15 my next time at those counters. Hope you can wait!!

Miss QQ

Quote:
girlhaha.gif

smiles.gif

I forgot the check out the cotton pads when I was at the counter! Still wondering if we did get them.
sneaky.gif

Shadowy Lady

My wishlist for the fall collection is so big that I'm scared of typing it
ssad.gif

I know I want:
- quad (Enigma)
- Joues Contrast in Rose Temptation
- Paradoxal np
- Rose Dentelle RC
- Pink Teaser and Coral Love glossimers

I need to stay off Nars and MAC so I can support my Chanel habit, lol!

PlatinumV

Hmmm I hope this is the right place to ask...
I've bought a week ago Nouvelle Vague (I put it last Thursday and it's still good looking, wonderful! Vendetta actually lasts on my nails about 2 hours -_-' ). But I'd seen it on line in April. Now I would like to buy Illusion d'Or, but I am still blind about release date. Any of you knows when it is supposed to arrive in shops? Thank you

Miss QQ

It is already released. Maybe you should go and check if they are still available.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I can't help you with those light shades, but I'll try to look at them and compare with MAC NC15 my next time at those counters. Hope you can wait!!

You are the best! THE BEST!
th_DANCE.gif
I can wait for sure, this is something I don't need asap, just covet!
lol.gif
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to foundations...
sneaky.gif
Thank you so much!
th_hug.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Very quick update - my Le Coton just shipped!
th_DANCE.gif

Hi! I'm waiting
sigh.gif
to see what you think of Rose Dilemma & Rose Dentelle!!!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

stv578

Sooo, on my way back from the lawyer's office yesterday, I stopped by a Bay store that I don't normally frequent and happened to go by the Chanel counter! First off, just when some of us have had experiences with less than pleasant SA's, I got a super nice SA. Asked her about the fall collection, and she said it wouldn't be out till after they get updated, so not till mid-August.
ssad.gif
But she did take my name and number down to call if it was out early.
smiles.gif

And there, at this counter, was a small collection i had not seen before. Maybe it was mentioned here, but it included the Plein Soliel quad? Have we discussed this quad? It had the square pans, which we don't normally get here, and that alone had me intrigued because it was different
lol.gif
. I swatched it, but a couple of the shades didn't seem too pigmented. But they were all so pretty, so I got it!!! !!! I tried it today and really liked it! It applied fine over a shadestick and the colours are soft, good for day time and for quick application. Does anyone else have this?

Quote:
smiles.gif
No, its really not that bad. Its very soft, but may have a tendency to go brown plum on some skin tones I think. I liked it.

I have the bronze plum JC from years and years ago. This new plummy JC looks a lot like it in the pics.

Quote:
Hey darlin! Glad you're back here. That was so sweet what you wrote about your dad.
heart.gif
Incomplete is a good word to describe it. Good caring hubbies do help it a bit.

Do they ever. DH was being rather silly this morning to cheer me up since i woke up very sleep deprived and crabby!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Maybe it was mentioned here, but it included the Plein Soliel quad?

I have the bronze plum JC from years and years ago. This new plummy JC looks a lot like it in the pics.

Do they ever. DH was being rather silly this morning to cheer me up since i woke up very sleep deprived and crabby!

I have never seen or hear of that quad. It sounds interesting. Quads are nice so that you don't have to really think about pulling a quick look together.

The plum is very pretty, but I think that I have a few similar shades (watch me end up getting it)
th_wink3.gif

I have SDC (sleep deprived & crabby) a lot of days
lol.gif
That was so sweet of him. Silly is good in my book
greengrin.gif

Shypo

I haven't heard of that quad either!! Sounds like a US-version, given the square pans.....must investigate
winks.gif

Update: it's a Lumieres Facettes - must have come out last year (I see a 2009 reference to it on Google) - here is a link I found with some looks done with the quad, and a pretty good photo of it too:

http://www.coloruza.com/2009/04/01/l...n-soleil-quad/

This girl wasn't wowed by it, but it looks like the colors I always gravitate to - I may have to try to find it somewhere like Izzy's or Strawberrynet -

stv578

That's the one! Not sure why she doesn't like it, it looks really nice on her!

I for one do. While it's nothing overly special, there's a rosy iridescence to the colours that makes it work. It is what I was hoping the Dior holiday e/s palette to be, an easy neutral quad I could use in a pinch. Sadly, the Dior shadows in that particular quad creased quickly, and the colours were towards the cooler side.

Strange that we got Plein Soliel now...
th_dunno.gif
I got the very last one at this counter, she actually took the one out of the little plastic display case (it was covered) and had to find the box for it. I don't even recall seeing it at the counter I normally go to.

Shypo

I think so too!!!
yes.gif
It looks great on her, and it's just something I would buy (how did I miss it before???).

It looks like you were lucky to get it - I can't find it anywhere in my cursory search online (it's sold out of my usual haunts) - we always want what we can't have :sad: ........

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I forgot the check out the cotton pads when I was at the counter! Still wondering if we did get them.
sneaky.gif

lecture.gif
How dare you???

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Very quick update - my Le Coton just shipped!
th_DANCE.gif

So excited for you dear!!
th_DANCE.gif
Enjoy them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
My wishlist for the fall collection is so big that I'm scared of typing it
ssad.gif

I know I want:
- quad (Enigma)
- Joues Contrast in Rose Temptation
- Paradoxal np
- Rose Dentelle RC
- Pink Teaser and Coral Love glossimers

I need to stay off Nars and MAC so I can support my Chanel habit, lol!

Awesome list!!

The Nars and MAC strike will worth it!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Hmmm I hope this is the right place to ask...
I've bought a week ago Nouvelle Vague (I put it last Thursday and it's still good looking, wonderful! Vendetta actually lasts on my nails about 2 hours -_-' ). But I'd seen it on line in April. Now I would like to buy Illusion d'Or, but I am still blind about release date. Any of you knows when it is supposed to arrive in shops? Thank you

Illusion d'Or was launched before NV!! But only at special retailing points such as Le Make Up Studio or Chanel Boutiques. Go check yours, maybe they still have it!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
You are the best! THE BEST!
th_DANCE.gif
I can wait for sure, this is something I don't need asap, just covet!
lol.gif
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to foundations...
sneaky.gif
Thank you so much!
th_hug.gif

th_kiss.gif
You are the sweetest!! It'll be my pleasure hun, it may take a while, since I'm trying hard to stay away from "trouble"
greengrin.gif
and a bit busy. Won't forget, I promise.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Sooo, on my way back from the lawyer's office yesterday, I stopped by a Bay store that I don't normally frequent and happened to go by the Chanel counter! First off, just when some of us have had experiences with less than pleasant SA's, I got a super nice SA. Asked her about the fall collection, and she said it wouldn't be out till after they get updated, so not till mid-August.
ssad.gif
But she did take my name and number down to call if it was out early.
smiles.gif

And there, at this counter, was a small collection i had not seen before. Maybe it was mentioned here, but it included the Plein Soliel quad? Have we discussed this quad? It had the square pans, which we don't normally get here, and that alone had me intrigued because it was different
lol.gif
. I swatched it, but a couple of the shades didn't seem too pigmented. But they were all so pretty, so I got it!!! !!! I tried it today and really liked it! It applied fine over a shadestick and the colours are soft, good for day time and for quick application. Does anyone else have this?

Glad you found a nice SA!!
thmbup.gif

Plein Soleil it's a Lumieres Facettes quad. It's not baked but you can still use it wet. It was from Cote d'Azur (Summer 2009).

I have it and love it. The two shades you say lack of pigmentation give a wonderful, subtle, "i'm not wearing anything" glow. The left side, bottom row one has a wonderful coppery sheen. Very unique IMO.

Hope you feel better!!
winkiss.gif

Hypathya

Forgot to say: Lumieres Facettes quads are always and only launched on summer. This year was the first in a long time there wasn't one. Their texture it's more creamy and velvety than usual quads (remember I get the Euro version quads). They are never frosty but most shades have a sheen/sparkle that comes within, if that makes sense. They don't have visible sparkle particles but the sparkle it's there, if you know what I mean.