genduk26

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Shontay, i'm sorry to hear that...
th_cheerup.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Cheryl -- I read The Forgotten Garden a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed it. It is a long book -- but it really held my attention -- and I liked how it flipped back and forth from the different characters perspectives.
Loved The Help, too. The characters were amazing! I can't count how many times I have loaned that book out!
smiles.gif
I just finished Sarah's Key. It is a heartbraking story -- but an interesting one based on what happened to French born Jewish citizens in France during the Holocaust (not exactly a "light" read). Have you read The Book Thief"? That is on my list as well. I could go on and on about books, too. The book club I was in is now defunct -- it fizzled out
cry.gif

I just checked out the promo pics of the fall Chanel launch on Temptalia -- I wish she had swatches of everything! I have a feeling this could be an expensive one for me
smiles.gif

Sounds like it will be an interesting book. I haven't read The Book Thief. Maybe that will be my pick when it's my turn to host. Sounds like you guys have a few good recommendations.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I was robbed! A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my beloved Inimitable mascara was missing. Ok, sometimes I misplace things so I looked all around the floor, the shelves that I put it on, around the toilet (I always keep it in the bathroom) and...not there. So I go through my massive stash piece by piece in my bedroom and still nothing. I know for a fact that if it's still here, it should be in the bathroom.

I am more than certain one of my mom's friends took it. They spotted the fancy Chanel logo and took it, not really caring about make up probably. I kept some mac blush and my setting powder in there, but no one wants that, especially if you don't really wear make up.

To be certain, I live only with my mom and dad and my mom NEVER wears make up and unless my dad is hiding something, he sure as hell has no use for it. I just told my dad and he is so angry. On the weekends my mom brings her friends over to hang out before they go out for the night. They use the bathroom while here and I am sure that's when it was swipped. $30 down the drain b/c it was brand new. What the hell man? No damn respect for someone's property. My dad can't wait to tell my mother about her "friends". I just had to rant.

That is just awful. And why would you swipe mascara of all things? That is so unsanitary! What if you had some eye infection?! I guess that would serve her right! I hope your mom confronts her friends on your behalf.

stv578

Good evening ladies!

So just a quick review so far of the eye cream and serum...

I'm quite liking the serum. It is really light weight, but as I mentioned before, it is more like a light lotion than a serum imo. I have used it now for four days day and night (Elegant, I checked the box again, it states it's for use both morning and night). I can say for a fact that I haven't broken out at all and my skin has been behaving a lot better with it (no dry patches from retin-a) and nice and calm! It is humid here atm, so it's more than enough moisture on its own.

The eye cream so far has also provided sufficient moisture, and my concealer goes on much nicer with this on than the clinique stuff I was using. But... so far, haven't noticed any difference in terms of appearance around the eye area, though I guess it's early.

So far then, I'm quite happy with the serum, but the eye cream hasn't proven to be anything special... hope it does something!

Hope you all have a great weekend. I loooove hearing what everyone is/has been reading. It's been forever that I've had the time to read a good book, so maybe once we're settled in I will pick up one of the titles mentioned on here, so thanks!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
th_cheerup.gif

Thanks, girl.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
That is just awful. And why would you swipe mascara of all things? That is so unsanitary! What if you had some eye infection?! I guess that would serve her right! I hope your mom confronts her friends on your behalf.

I know! It's so gross. I don't know what she, whoever she is, was thinking. I don't understand people who steal, especially in the home of one of your "friends". My mother won't like this at all and she will probably go off on anyone she ever let in the house. I don't really see the point b/c it's impossible to know who and it's not like I'm going to get it back (or even want it back at this point). Knowing my mom, she'll probably buy me two more
sneaky.gif

Miss QQ

I'm having some problems staying logged in at Specktra this week.
th_dunno.gif
Anyone with the same problem?

Shontay, I'm sorry to hear about that. It makes me mad. How can anyone take things from people's house without asking. This has happened to me before but it wasn't makeup that was stolen. At least your mum will be buying you mascara.
th_wink3.gif

I didn't expect the swatch of Paradoxal to look like this. Maybe it is the camera? I thought it has some shimmer in the bottle.

Thanks for your thoughts on the quad, Shypo!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Good evening ladies!

So just a quick review so far of the eye cream and serum...

I'm quite liking the serum. It is really light weight, but as I mentioned before, it is more like a light lotion than a serum imo. I have used it now for four days day and night (Elegant, I checked the box again, it states it's for use both morning and night). I can say for a fact that I haven't broken out at all and my skin has been behaving a lot better with it (no dry patches from retin-a) and nice and calm! It is humid here atm, so it's more than enough moisture on its own.

The eye cream so far has also provided sufficient moisture, and my concealer goes on much nicer with this on than the clinique stuff I was using. But... so far, haven't noticed any difference in terms of appearance around the eye area, though I guess it's early.

So far then, I'm quite happy with the serum, but the eye cream hasn't proven to be anything special... hope it does something!

Hope you all have a great weekend. I loooove hearing what everyone is/has been reading. It's been forever that I've had the time to read a good book, so maybe once we're settled in I will pick up one of the titles mentioned on here, so thanks!

Glad you are liking the serum. I have always been afraid of serums since I have oily skin -- but good to know it hasn't broken you out. Keep us posted on the eye cream (I am still waiting for the miracle product!!).

Karen -- let me know if you read The Book Thief. I need to get my hands on it!

PinkBasset

Shontay that is awful what happened! I imagine it feels much more insulting when somebody steals from your HOME when being as a guest there! How rude!! I hope your mom finds out who did it and let her have what she deserves! Uh I'm so angry!
angry.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Could you ladies give me some advice with Chanel foundations? Every foundation I've used from Chanel has been too dark and a bit too strong in yellow tones (I have a brand new vitalumière éclat comfort radiance compact makeup in beige pastel which I haven't yet used and I'm hoping it would be better in colour for me! But I want a liquid too
tong.gif
).

I'm NC15 in Mac (in summer a bit darker, the darkest I go is prolly NC25), porcelain/0 in Bobbi Brown (sand 2 in summer). I've tried for example the Teint Innocence naturally luminous compact makeup in 20 Clair and that was too dark and yellow (I do have some yellow undertones but I'm leaning towards being neutral, not too much pink in me I guess). I'm hoping to find something that is light enough for me in winter, it is easier to get darker shades for summer.

So, I would like to try the shades you have available in US that we don't have here, but I don't know which one to choose as I have to order it online. I was looking at the Vitalumière moisture rich radiance foundation. Should I go with Diaphane 0.2 or Ivoire 0.5? I see this one at saksfifthavenue.com but not at chanel.com for some reason. Is Diaphane just lighter than Ivoire or does it go pink? Would either one compare to Mac NC15 in colouring? Also I would love to hear if somebody has used this updated formula!
yes.gif
TIA!

sorry, no idea about liquid foundation, but you could check Karlas site, the Sephora Q&A section of the product (and you can ask there as well) and maybe the Temptalia foundation matrix helps?

Does anyone of you have the ombres constraste duo in misty-soft? I swatched it at Sephora and it looked super-glittery. Is it as glittery irl?
TIA.

Winthrop44

Quote:
For all of you ladies lucky enough to have a Chanel counter close by -- if you can find out what the model is wearing on her lips in this promo pic
Sneak Peek: Chanel Fall - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself
I would be forever grateful!!
th_kiss.gif

I don't have a counter but I just asked Karla to try to find out.
smiles.gif
The whole collection looks gorgeous. I'm not planning to buy any MAC for quite awhile so that I can feel ok about spending alot on this collection...and because no future MAC that I've heard about really interests me anyway.

Edited to say: In case you do not read the comments on her site, Karla says she will ask but her guess is Rose Dentelle + Rose Dilemma

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I'm excited too. I only want a couple of single e/s and Stereo Rose and Petticoat from MAC. When I was at the counter today to buy Reflets D'Ombre quad, I asked when would we be getting the fall collection and the MA said 27th July! One month to go for me!
th_DANCE.gif

I also asked for a sample of the new mascara and the purite toner but unfortunately, there is no sample for the toner and she gave me the Hydramax toner instead.

Camnagem

Shontay - Grrr! How annoying and aggravating! I'm so sorry, hopefully your mom figures out who took it and throws down.

PinkBasset - I have no experience with Chanel's liquid foundations and can't help there, sorry! Check out Karla's site, she has some swatches for a few different formulas (not the new one, though) that may help, or at least point you in the right direction.

I got a box last night from Chanel.com with my Illusion D'Or and Phoenix RAL! I had checked gift packaging for a treat and OMG...the box and packaging is so pretty! I'll be keeping it and finding something special to tuck away in it.
heart.gif

Illusion D'Or is my first Chanel NP and it's gorgeous!!!! I could just look at it sparkle in the sunlight for hours...stunning! I already knew I loved Phoenix and I'm thrilled to finally have it! I can't wait to wear it (WAY too hot this weekend to put much on my face).

Hope all of you are having a great relaxing weekend so far, I'm off to make lunch for everyone here.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Shontay - Grrr! How annoying and aggravating! I'm so sorry, hopefully your mom figures out who took it and throws down.

PinkBasset - I have no experience with Chanel's liquid foundations and can't help there, sorry! Check out Karla's site, she has some swatches for a few different formulas (not the new one, though) that may help, or at least point you in the right direction.

I got a box last night from Chanel.com with my Illusion D'Or and Phoenix RAL! I had checked gift packaging for a treat and OMG...the box and packaging is so pretty! I'll be keeping it and finding something special to tuck away in it.
heart.gif

Illusion D'Or is my first Chanel NP and it's gorgeous!!!! I could just look at it sparkle in the sunlight for hours...stunning! I already knew I loved Phoenix and I'm thrilled to finally have it! I can't wait to wear it (WAY too hot this weekend to put much on my face).

Hope all of you are having a great relaxing weekend so far, I'm off to make lunch for everyone here.

Meg -- I love the free gift packaging from Chanel.com! So fun opening that black box/ribbon! How fun. Hope you enjoy your new products.
th_DANCE.gif

Shontay -- did you ever find out who took the mascara? Wow, I know the economy is hard right now -- but people resorting to stealing makeup, seriously??

purrtykitty

Ooh, enjoy your goodies, Meg!

I think coconuts was the one who asked...I just did the post for my Paul & Joe stuff on my blog, and I did a comparison of Oasis and Nouvelle Vague for anyone who is interested. They're both very different and definitely worth owning!
smiles.gif

coconut

Quote:
For all of you ladies lucky enough to have a Chanel counter close by -- if you can find out what the model is wearing on her lips in this promo pic
Sneak Peek: Chanel Fall - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself
I would be forever grateful!!
th_kiss.gif

Ooh, love that lip look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I don't have a counter but I just asked Karla to try to find out.
smiles.gif
The whole collection looks gorgeous. I'm not planning to buy any MAC for quite awhile so that I can feel ok about spending alot on this collection...and because no future MAC that I've heard about really interests me anyway.

Edited to say: In case you do not read the comments on her site, Karla says she will ask but her guess is Rose Dentelle + Rose Dilemma

I was thinking it might be Rose Dentelle because Shypo describes it as rose-nude, which looks similar to this. Or it could be Chintz perhaps because that is supposed to be a pink-peach. I would love to find out for sure. I didn't think I needed any lip products from this collection, but now I might need a few things!

shontay07108

Quote:
Shontay -- did you ever find out who took the mascara? Wow, I know the economy is hard right now -- but people resorting to stealing makeup, seriously??

I still have no idea who took it. Probably never will. I see my little area in the bathroom is all organized. I know it's from my mother making sure it wasn't really there. I haven't spoken to her yet.

Shypo

Bonitinha, I too am thinking it's Rose Dentelle with Rose Dilemma....it's very pink compared to what RD looks like alone. I will try later next week to swatch them together to see if we can get close....I will of course post pics!
yes.gif

Shontay, so sorry to hear about your mascara - how low can yet get? People amaze me sometimes - I hope your mom finds out who walked off with it.
angry.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Bonitinha, I too am thinking it's Rose Dentelle with Rose Dilemma....it's very pink compared to what RD looks like alone. I will try later next week to swatch them together to see if we can get close....I will of course post pics!
yes.gif

Shontay, so sorry to hear about your mascara - how low can yet get? People amaze me sometimes - I hope your mom finds out who walked off with it.
angry.gif

Thanks Cheryl -- can't wait to see the swatches!!

shontay07108

Ok, so just to update my mom doesn't believe my dad. He told her someone told my mascara and all she did was search through the bathroom to look for it, which I had already done. Go figure. Now I gotta keep my stuff in my bedroom from now on.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
th_cheerup.gif

A real picture of YOU!!! You are absolutely beautiful!!!!!
heart.gif