General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Ahhhh - Hello girlies!

I got to stop at a different Nordies & this Chanel gal was...ummm, rude
ssad.gif

But anyways, I tested & got 1 sample *eyeroll* of the new anti wrinkle line repair. I loved the serum (at least on my hand) it made my skin look so glowy radiant & smooth. I wanted a sample to try but she only gave me the day cream
th_dunno.gif

But, when I went to Chanel tonight - it doesn't say "serum" like I thought it did.
th_crazy.gif

Chanel.com has only 1 of the new duos for purchase! the black/grey one!!!

we had a super fantastic fun time with the kids this weekend
love.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
A real picture of YOU!!! You are absolutely beautiful!!!!!
heart.gif

thank you, Momma Spy
blush-anim-cl.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Ok, so just to update my mom doesn't believe my dad. He told her someone told my mascara and all she did was search through the bathroom to look for it, which I had already done. Go figure. Now I gotta keep my stuff in my bedroom from now on.

Hey Shontay!

Here's hoping it just rolled under something
th_wink3.gif
I would be crazy knowing there was a thief in my home
angry.gif

shontay07108

Hey, Elegant
smiles.gif
!

I'm just shrugging it off. I'll buy another one at some point. I guess something that belongs to my mother has to be stolen before she wakes up. Knowing her though, she won't even notice.

Miss QQ

I wore Reflets D'Ombre quad yesterday and it is pigmented.
yes.gif
Glad I managed to find the quad. It was sold out at a counter and I had to go to another one for it.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Ahhhh - Hello girlies!

ssad.gif

But anyways, I tested & got 1 sample *eyeroll* of the new anti wrinkle line repair. I loved the serum (at least on my hand) it made my skin look so glowy radiant & smooth. I wanted a sample to try but she only gave me the day cream
th_dunno.gif

But, when I went to Chanel tonight - it doesn't say "serum" like I thought it did.
th_crazy.gif

love.gif

I wonder what is up with the rude Chanel ladies? Don't they know if they are super nice and helpful, people will buy more
th_confused_new.gif

Let us know how the line repair works. I need something for the area around my eyes (fine lines begone!!).
Glad you had such a nice weekend! Time to get back to the drill
winks.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
yes.gif
Glad I managed to find the quad. It was sold out at a counter and I had to go to another one for it.

Isn't it gorgeous? I'm glad you found one!

Sorry about the theft, Shontay. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Plus how gross is it to take someone else's mascara??
th_hug.gif

stv578

Hey everyone!

So no internet at home yet, but the move is just about done and we are off to the lawyer today to settle everything. I'm insanely sleep deprived getting used to being in such a loud house again! (It all came back to me the first night we stayed there and my mom had the pressure cooker going around midnight...). And my mom is constantly grabbing the kids to squish them and give them her loud kisses. My son asked her yesterday if she was going to keep doing that for the next four months?! He's starting to run away, lol!

Quote:
^^ Thanks! I'm excited too. I only want a couple of single e/s and Stereo Rose and Petticoat from MAC. When I was at the counter today to buy Reflets D'Ombre quad, I asked when would we be getting the fall collection and the MA said 27th July! One month to go for me!
th_DANCE.gif

Yay! I would guess that we will get it around that time as well! I'm so excited!

Quote:
Ahhhh - Hello girlies!

ssad.gif

th_dunno.gif

th_crazy.gif

love.gif

Elegant, great to hear you had a nice weekend. It must be extremely hard not being close to your son & daughter-in-law.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I wonder what is up with the rude Chanel ladies? Don't they know if they are super nice and helpful, people will buy more
th_confused_new.gif

Let us know how the line repair works. I need something for the area around my eyes (fine lines begone!!).
Glad you had such a nice weekend! Time to get back to the drill
winks.gif

Who knows why they are like that
th_dunno.gif
It makes me sad that they do. I love the day cream. I'm wearing it today, it makes the skin look & feel very soft.
The Chanel lady told me that if I'm already using the Lift series, that I don't need the new Wrinkle series because the lift is a 'step up'. hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Hey everyone!

So no internet at home yet, but the move is just about done and we are off to the lawyer today to settle everything. I'm insanely sleep deprived getting used to being in such a loud house again! (It all came back to me the first night we stayed there and my mom had the pressure cooker going around midnight...). And my mom is constantly grabbing the kids to squish them and give them her loud kisses. My son asked her yesterday if she was going to keep doing that for the next four months?! He's starting to run away, lol!

Elegant, great to hear you had a nice weekend. It must be extremely hard not being close to your son & daughter-in-law.

I wish you nerves of steel
girlhaha.gif
Your little guy is so cute. If I was a grandma - yep, I would be squishin him too
heart.gif
Heck, I did that to our son's dog all weekend
lol.gif
I'm sure that the time will go faster than you think. Its an exciting move!

Oh, it is so hard on us to not be geographically close
ssad.gif
We may have to change that. I do ok until my son gives me the good bye hug
cry.gif
I cry every time & most of the trip home. Hubby always takes me to this huge beautiful outdoor mall which is half way home - just to cheer me up
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Isn't it gorgeous? I'm glad you found one!

yes.gif
love.gif

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Yay! I would guess that we will get it around that time as well! I'm so excited!

Hi!
wavey.gif
I always look forward to new collection launches from Chanel!

I'm wearing Nouvelle Vague.
heart.gif
The first time when I applied it I felt it was too thick and tricky to apply with my mediocre skills but I'm getting the hang of it. Two coats is enough for an even and smooth finish! Alison, thanks for your comparison of Oasis and NV! I think Oasis is good for layering over NV but I'm not rushing out to buy it yet.

stv578

Quote:
I wish you nerves of steel
girlhaha.gif
Your little guy is so cute. If I was a grandma - yep, I would be squishin him too
heart.gif
Heck, I did that to our son's dog all weekend
lol.gif
I'm sure that the time will go faster than you think. Its an exciting move!

ssad.gif
cry.gif
I cry every time & most of the trip home. Hubby always takes me to this huge beautiful outdoor mall which is half way home - just to cheer me up
smiles.gif

Aww, that is so sweet of hubby. You'll know when the time is right to make the move, if you decide to do that.

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I think this process will bring DH and I closer than ever!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Aww, there's nothing better than Grandma kisses!
smiles.gif
That is so funny that your son asked her if she is going to keep doing that!

More promo pics for Fall on Temptalia:
Chanel Les Contrastes de Chanel Collection for Fall 2010
Why did I not realize there are 4 blushes? I seriously want almost the whole collection!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The plum JC looks pretty scary there!

smiles.gif
No, its really not that bad. Its very soft, but may have a tendency to go brown plum on some skin tones I think. I liked it.

Bonitinha

Elegant -- Did you check out the Orchid Rose blush? It looks like a gorgeous golden pink in the pics
heart.gif
And I really do want all of the glossimers -- they all look very wearable. Have you had a chance to see all of them in person? Do tell
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Elegant -- Did you check out the Orchid Rose blush? It looks like a gorgeous golden pink in the pics
heart.gif
And I really do want all of the glossimers -- they all look very wearable. Have you had a chance to see all of them in person? Do tell
winks.gif

No, they didn't have it for some reason. I really wanted to see that color in person.

yeah, the glossimers are very very pretty.2 are very pale & 2 have pretty good color. The Rose Dilemma & Coral Love are so beautiful. Well, the whole collection is just lovely! Yeah, I know that helps
tong.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
smiles.gif
No, its really not that bad. Its very soft, but may have a tendency to go brown plum on some skin tones I think. I liked it.

Exactly. Like mine. Not a problem as I have plenty else to buy from this collection!

Hypathya

Hi ladies!!!
wavey.gif
I'm back!!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Here is more info. I found about this quad and nail polish:
Chanel for Nordstrom Anniversary 2010 - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself
Interesting about Chanel going global to standardize names/numbers worldwide!

That's exciting news!! Now we'll be able to compare and discuss things properly!!!
thmbup.gif

I'm just praying they don't stop making the quads and JC baked!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I opened my box today in good daylight - wow!! I am so pleased with everything!

The quad, as Elegant said, is a must-have. Soooooo pretty! I also got Pink Explosion, which is a beautiful vivid pink in the pan (I haven't swatched anything yet - busy today housecleaning for my family's visit and the book club get together I'm hosting this evening....whew!)

I also got the 4 glossimers and Rose Dentelle RC. The RD is just that - a rose color, very muted - maybe less rose and more nude. When I have some time I will swatch and take photos. The glossimers are very pretty - the 2 coral ones are very lovely - one (Petit Peche) is a peachy pink like Michelle is seeking, and Coral Love is more of an orange-y coral.

Rose Dilemma reminds me a little of Rose Sand, but maybe a bit more golden, and a little deeper.

Swatches will certainly tell the story better than my feeble descriptions
winks.gif

Stay tuned for photos - I'll get them up as soon as I can!

Cheryl I'm soo excited for you!!
th_DANCE.gif

... and a bit jealous of course!!
graucho.gif
Thanks for your gorgeous review!!
yes.gif

Can't hardly wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Thanks!! I was actually going to ask you ladies if you like to read, and if so, what are you reading now?

"Gods in everyman" by J.S. Bolen. Very, very interesting book. It's an exploration through greek gods of men archetypes and psychology. Really impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I was robbed! ...

OH Shontay!! I'm soo sorry!! It's incredible what people can do!! I can only imagine your anger and frustration!! Have to go trough that at your own place!!!

Quote:
For all of you ladies lucky enough to have a Chanel counter close by -- if you can find out what the model is wearing on her lips in this promo pic
Sneak Peek: Chanel Fall - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself
I would be forever grateful!!
th_kiss.gif

My bet it's Rose Dentelle + the sheerest of glosses from the collection.

Quote:
Ahhhh - Hello girlies!
ssad.gif

th_dunno.gif

th_crazy.gif

love.gif

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!!
kissy.gif

Rude Chanel SAs are the worst thing!! Can't they notice they sell expensive items that we buy with hard earned money???
angry.gif

Quote:
yes.gif

So glad you found it!!
thmbup.gif
Enjoy it dear!!
love.gif

Quote:
ssad.gif
cry.gif
smiles.gif

I know!!
th_cheerup.gif
Not having family close it's the absolute worst thing!!
ssad.gif
The minute I left my dad at the airport I began missing him!! I no longer cry when I left mom and dad, but definitely feel broken and incomplete!!
cry.gif
Hubby always tries to make it up to me, but nothing can compensate my loss... Anyway, aren't our guys sweet or what??
love.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Hey everyone!

girlhaha.gif
Can't stop imagining your son and mom!!

Glad you're almost done with it!!
th_DANCE.gif
Hopefully this months will pass on quickly and you'll be at your new home in no time!! Just hang on, dear!!
th_kiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Hi ladies!!!
wavey.gif
I'm back!!
yahoo.gif

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!!
kissy.gif

I know!!
th_cheerup.gif
Not having family close it's the absolute worst thing!!
ssad.gif
The minute I left my dad at the airport I began missing him!! I no longer cry when I left mom and dad, but definitely feel broken and incomplete!!
cry.gif
Hubby always tries to make it up to me, but nothing can compensate my loss... Anyway, aren't our guys sweet or what??
love.gif

Hey darlin! Glad you're back here. That was so sweet what you wrote about your dad.
heart.gif
Incomplete is a good word to describe it. Good caring hubbies do help it a bit.

You would think that the Chanel ladies would consider it a wonderful almost privilege to work for Chanel, but I'm not feeling that from them lately.
th_wink3.gif