General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Well, July 7th isn't too terribly far away. I can definitely wait that long for the fall collection. I hope the SA will hold my items until I get back from vacation, though. I'll be in Colorado through the 9th.

Man alive! I spent the better part of today editing photos for my blog. I have a tonnnnn of pictures. Plus I got up early to mow the long since it's so hot and steamy today.
thmbdn.gif

Shypo

Oh goody goody goody! My box of fall collection came today!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm going to save it to open tomorrow - like Christmas!!!

yahoo.gif

Shypo

It always takes me about 2 weeks to decide what to pack - and I used to travel a LOT for work! I used to use my son's room as a 'staging' area - would get things out over the course of days....would even keep spreadsheets of what clothes to wear with what jewelry and shoes, and what makeup to bring. Then I'd pack, have too much, try to consolidate it down to just what was necessary, and then end up with a carry-on that weighed a ton.

Boy am I glad I don't have to travel so much anymore!
amazed.gif
sweatdrop.gif

purrtykitty

Lucky for me, we're not going anywhere metropolitan. We'll be in the mountains, and a couple of days will be spent hiking. Definitely don't need to worry about being a fashion-plate. Plus, we're driving, so plenty of room to pack what I want, anyway.

Europe will be another story. I'll have to get really good at mixing 'n' matching. I'll need lots of room to bring home all sorts of European fashion and makeup!
yes.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Are you loving Exquise? It has been on my wishlist forever! I can't pull off super bright pinks -- but from the pics, Exquise looks like the perfect golden pink shade
yes.gif

Good luck with your moving -- hope you get settled quickly!

I actually really ended up liking Exquise more than I thought I would. I have swatched that lipstick at least 15 times, but for some reason passed on it many times. But after trying it on, I really liked it, it's not super bright at all, but definitely a warm pink.

Thanks also for all the well wishes for our move! I'm not stressed at all, one way or another, it's all gotta go, but I'd rather have things packed in an organized fashion.

Shypo

^^ I'll be thinking about you this weekend! And in October, when you get to your new home, enjoy the unpacking part - you get to unpack memories, and that's always a lot of fun!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Oh goody goody goody! My box of fall collection came today!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm going to save it to open tomorrow - like Christmas!!!

yahoo.gif

th_DANCE.gif
Yay, it came!! Wow, you have so much restraint to wait to open it!! Let us know how you like everything!!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Is this the new neutral quad that some of you talked about from the collection Les Natural Dores de Chanel? The quad is Quatuor Boutons de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette.

A blogger that Falls in love with Makeup: Chanel Fall '10 for Nordstrom Anniversary

There appears to have two n/p, one is Gold Lame and what is the other? There are also two Rouge Cocos in the displayer.

Here is more info. I found about this quad and nail polish:
Chanel for Nordstrom Anniversary 2010 - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself
Interesting about Chanel going global to standardize names/numbers worldwide!

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I posted this too but you were faster.
smiles.gif
The quad looks pigmented, which is good.

I thought Chanel's names and numbers are relatively standard worldwide. Dior's is terribly confusing and can be a turn off for me at times.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ Thanks! I posted this too but you were faster.
smiles.gif
The quad looks pigmented, which is good.

I thought Chanel's names and numbers are relatively standard worldwide. Dior's is terribly confusing and can be a turn off for me at times.

I swatched the quad at Nordie's last week - for me, it was anything BUT pigmented - mostly colors that I would use as highlighters. I was really very
noworry.gif
about them - but that's just me. If you used a primer and layered it the color would be deeper I'm sure - just on my hand, though, it was hard to see one color from the next.

Shypo

I opened my box today in good daylight - wow!! I am so pleased with everything!

The quad, as Elegant said, is a must-have. Soooooo pretty! I also got Pink Explosion, which is a beautiful vivid pink in the pan (I haven't swatched anything yet - busy today housecleaning for my family's visit and the book club get together I'm hosting this evening....whew!)

I also got the 4 glossimers and Rose Dentelle RC. The RD is just that - a rose color, very muted - maybe less rose and more nude. When I have some time I will swatch and take photos. The glossimers are very pretty - the 2 coral ones are very lovely - one (Petit Peche) is a peachy pink like Michelle is seeking, and Coral Love is more of an orange-y coral.

Rose Dilemma reminds me a little of Rose Sand, but maybe a bit more golden, and a little deeper.

Swatches will certainly tell the story better than my feeble descriptions
winks.gif

Stay tuned for photos - I'll get them up as soon as I can!

Bonitinha

Quote:
I opened my box today in good daylight - wow!! I am so pleased with everything!

The quad, as Elegant said, is a must-have. Soooooo pretty! I also got Pink Explosion, which is a beautiful vivid pink in the pan (I haven't swatched anything yet - busy today housecleaning for my family's visit and the book club get together I'm hosting this evening....whew!)

I also got the 4 glossimers and Rose Dentelle RC. The RD is just that - a rose color, very muted - maybe less rose and more nude. When I have some time I will swatch and take photos. The glossimers are very pretty - the 2 coral ones are very lovely - one (Petit Peche) is a peachy pink like Michelle is seeking, and Coral Love is more of an orange-y coral.

Rose Dilemma reminds me a little of Rose Sand, but maybe a bit more golden, and a little deeper.

Swatches will certainly tell the story better than my feeble descriptions
winks.gif

Stay tuned for photos - I'll get them up as soon as I can!

party.gif
Woo hoo -- I need one of everything!! I can't wait to see your swatches! Must get hands on Petit Peche!!
Good luck with your guest preparations and have fun at your book club! (What book are you reading BTW? Always up for suggestions
smiles.gif
)

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
party.gif
Woo hoo -- I need one of everything!! I can't wait to see your swatches! Must get hands on Petit Peche!!
Good luck with your guest preparations and have fun at your book club! (What book are you reading BTW? Always up for suggestions
smiles.gif
)

Thanks!! I was actually going to ask you ladies if you like to read, and if so, what are you reading now? We just read Olive Kitteridge.....I can't decide if I liked it or not. It's a Pulitzer Prize winner, but I have to say it wasn't the best book I ever read
th_dunno.gif
...but I'm looking forward to discussing it tonight!

I'm currently reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - it really has me intrigued thus far - given how busy our summers are, it will likely take me the summer to finish it!
winks.gif
I have several others I've picked up - my tastes are run quite the gamut - I like easy reads like Robert B. Parker, Janet Evanovich, Dick Francis, Jonathan Kellerman, Sue Grafton, Martha Grimes, Anne Perry and other more involved writers like Elizabeth George, PD James, Pat Conroy, and Anne Rivers Siddons. I tend to enjoy English mysteries (mysteries in general) and sweeping novels like Siddons and Conroy write. I also like some of Anna Quindlen's work.

We read a wide variety of books in our book club - our last book was Jane Eyre, which was great (I had never read it in high school) and prior to that we read The Thirteenth Tale, which was inspired by Jane Eyre and also a great read. I'm a fan of Charlotte Bronte, and after seeing the PBS version of Wuthering Heights, feel that is a must-read as well.

Oh, and we read The Help a couple of times ago - now THAT was a great book IMHO. I grew up in the South for the most part, and found it to be quite a good representation of what it was like in the 60s.....

Gosh, I didn't mean to just go on and on
blush-anim-cl.gif
- but I love to read, and love to find out what others like!

Shadowy Lady

I posted my Genial RA + Venus glossimer look in FOTD section if you guys wanna check it out
th_DANCE.gif

Have a fabulous weekend everyone! I'm off to watch soccer yet again

purrtykitty

I can't wait for swatches, either!

I just joined my SIL's book club. We read The Post-Birthday World last month, and this month we're reading Sarah's Key.

Camnagem

Someone posted a link to this on Temptalia's site and I just had to share!

Paradoxal Nail Lacquer (on the nails!): LINK HERE

Happy Friday everyone!
friends.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Thanks!! I was actually going to ask you ladies if you like to read, and if so, what are you reading now? We just read Olive Kitteridge.....I can't decide if I liked it or not. It's a Pulitzer Prize winner, but I have to say it wasn't the best book I ever read
th_dunno.gif
...but I'm looking forward to discussing it tonight!

I'm currently reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - it really has me intrigued thus far - given how busy our summers are, it will likely take me the summer to finish it!
winks.gif
I have several others I've picked up - my tastes are run quite the gamut - I like easy reads like Robert B. Parker, Janet Evanovich, Dick Francis, Jonathan Kellerman, Sue Grafton, Martha Grimes, Anne Perry and other more involved writers like Elizabeth George, PD James, Pat Conroy, and Anne Rivers Siddons. I tend to enjoy English mysteries (mysteries in general) and sweeping novels like Siddons and Conroy write. I also like some of Anna Quindlen's work.

We read a wide variety of books in our book club - our last book was Jane Eyre, which was great (I had never read it in high school) and prior to that we read The Thirteenth Tale, which was inspired by Jane Eyre and also a great read. I'm a fan of Charlotte Bronte, and after seeing the PBS version of Wuthering Heights, feel that is a must-read as well.

Oh, and we read The Help a couple of times ago - now THAT was a great book IMHO. I grew up in the South for the most part, and found it to be quite a good representation of what it was like in the 60s.....

Gosh, I didn't mean to just go on and on
blush-anim-cl.gif
- but I love to read, and love to find out what others like!

Cheryl -- I read The Forgotten Garden a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed it. It is a long book -- but it really held my attention -- and I liked how it flipped back and forth from the different characters perspectives.
Loved The Help, too. The characters were amazing! I can't count how many times I have loaned that book out!
smiles.gif
I just finished Sarah's Key. It is a heartbraking story -- but an interesting one based on what happened to French born Jewish citizens in France during the Holocaust (not exactly a "light" read). Have you read The Book Thief"? That is on my list as well. I could go on and on about books, too. The book club I was in is now defunct -- it fizzled out
cry.gif

I just checked out the promo pics of the fall Chanel launch on Temptalia -- I wish she had swatches of everything! I have a feeling this could be an expensive one for me
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Could you ladies give me some advice with Chanel foundations? Every foundation I've used from Chanel has been too dark and a bit too strong in yellow tones (I have a brand new vitalumière éclat comfort radiance compact makeup in beige pastel which I haven't yet used and I'm hoping it would be better in colour for me! But I want a liquid too
tong.gif
).

I'm NC15 in Mac (in summer a bit darker, the darkest I go is prolly NC25), porcelain/0 in Bobbi Brown (sand 2 in summer). I've tried for example the Teint Innocence naturally luminous compact makeup in 20 Clair and that was too dark and yellow (I do have some yellow undertones but I'm leaning towards being neutral, not too much pink in me I guess). I'm hoping to find something that is light enough for me in winter, it is easier to get darker shades for summer.

So, I would like to try the shades you have available in US that we don't have here, but I don't know which one to choose as I have to order it online. I was looking at the Vitalumière moisture rich radiance foundation. Should I go with Diaphane 0.2 or Ivoire 0.5? I see this one at saksfifthavenue.com but not at chanel.com for some reason. Is Diaphane just lighter than Ivoire or does it go pink? Would either one compare to Mac NC15 in colouring? Also I would love to hear if somebody has used this updated formula!
yes.gif
TIA!

shontay07108

I was robbed! A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my beloved Inimitable mascara was missing. Ok, sometimes I misplace things so I looked all around the floor, the shelves that I put it on, around the toilet (I always keep it in the bathroom) and...not there. So I go through my massive stash piece by piece in my bedroom and still nothing. I know for a fact that if it's still here, it should be in the bathroom.

I am more than certain one of my mom's friends took it. They spotted the fancy Chanel logo and took it, not really caring about make up probably. I kept some mac blush and my setting powder in there, but no one wants that, especially if you don't really wear make up.

To be certain, I live only with my mom and dad and my mom NEVER wears make up and unless my dad is hiding something, he sure as hell has no use for it. I just told my dad and he is so angry. On the weekends my mom brings her friends over to hang out before they go out for the night. They use the bathroom while here and I am sure that's when it was swipped. $30 down the drain b/c it was brand new. What the hell man? No damn respect for someone's property. My dad can't wait to tell my mother about her "friends". I just had to rant.