General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ For all the posts that you want to quote, just click the Multi (+) tab underneath each post, and it will turn to (-). Then hit the Reply tab and all the posts will be quoted.

It sounds divine! Pure indulgence!
th_drool.gif

Miss QQ -- thank you for saving me! Sometimes I am computer challenged
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I just received the Le Coton pads!

Wow, they really are luxurious
love.gif
Now I know why they compared it to the high thread count bed sheets. They are packaged in these lovely elegant long crisp white & black top-opening boxes. ooooh

They are extremely soft to the touch without any fiber feel. A gorgeous elegant circle with the CC is raised embossed in the middle. I think they can be cut into thirds to be used as they are a fairly large size. I'm not wearing any makeup today, but I'll probably try them out later
greengrin.gif

Elegant -- these sound gorgeous for a guest bath also! But I don't know if I would be willing to share
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Well if someone deserves to be the only person in the universe to own the new Chanel collection for a while... it's you my dear!!
yes.gif

heart.gif
winkiss.gif

Quote:
I need to start my toner regime again, but first, I need to find some better cotton pads!
lol.gif

girlhaha.gif
They are like nothing I've ever seen!
sneaky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Elegant -- these sound gorgeous for a guest bath also! But I don't know if I would be willing to share
winks.gif

yeah, at that price it would have to be a very very very special guest - like any of you!
th_wink3.gif

stv578

Quote:
I had the UC eye restructuring anti-wrinkle firming eye cream two years ago which comes in a pot and I used it sparingly and didn't use it consistently. I was horrified when it turned rancid!
cry.gif
I didn't use a spatula too, which could be the reason as well. Does it still comes in a pot? I prefer the pump bottle of the UC Line repair which I'm now using.

shockt.gif
I would be horrified too considering the price they charge. It is the one in the pot, and i've already opened it, so can't take it back now. But I use my eye cream consistently morning and night. So it'll likely be gone in less than a year. I used it last night and this morning, and it's not too rich, which was one of the complaints in the reviews on MUA. The texture is just fine imo. I'll see if I notice any difference over the next week.

Quote:
Good to know about Pailettes -- I think I want it, but I wish I could swatch it first! Any other recs for peachy pink glossimers?
Every time I try to multi quote, I don't know how to do it LOL -- not sure what I am doing wrong
nope.gif

Did you get Bikini Peach? It's more a pinky peach, but so so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Oh what a thought! We'd have to get quite the stock of new items each time, so we could all get what we want and actually have some left for you know...customers.
lol.gif

I look forward to hearing about the new skincare items you picked up too!

You are so right, we would definitely need sufficient stock for all of us!
tong.gif

I'll will definitely provide a review on the skincare once I've used them enough to see if they were worth giving up my first born.

Quote:
winks.gif

nope.gif
tong.gif

Quote:
heart.gif
winkiss.gif

yeah, at that price it would have to be a very very very special guest - like any of you!
th_wink3.gif

th_hug.gif

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I also asked about the fall collection... Canadian girls, at the moment, we are being told mid to late August.

I think the SA at the counter now thinks that I am certifiably insane when I started to tell her about the fall collection. I've had her before, she's not all that into her job and looked at me like I was nuts when I told her about the info on various blogs and she then suggested that some of the info might be hearsay...

At any rate, after today's purchase, I now have enough points at the Bay to redeem a $40 gift card!

August is forever away! Oh well, I guess it gives me more time to save and decide exactly what I want.

Gotta love those Bay points
smiles.gif

Quote:

love.gif
Now I know why they compared it to the high thread count bed sheets. They are packaged in these lovely elegant long crisp white & black top-opening boxes. ooooh

They are extremely soft to the touch without any fiber feel. A gorgeous elegant circle with the CC is raised embossed in the middle. I think they can be cut into thirds to be used as they are a fairly large size. I'm not wearing any makeup today, but I'll probably try them out later
greengrin.gif

Can't wait to hear your report after you use them. They sound like such an indulgence...I'm jealous!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Omg, I LOVE Dorie's books and the Baked book as well. Baked has SUCH amazing, drool-worthy recipes!!!

thmbup.gif
winkiss.gif

Quote:

love.gif

greengrin.gif

OMG!! Now my counter should better get them!!
girl_devil.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Oh what a thought! We'd have to get quite the stock of new items each time, so we could all get what we want and actually have some left for you know...customers.
lol.gif

th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

Quote:
winks.gif

lol.gif
nonono.gif
graucho.gif

Quote:
girlhaha.gif
They are like nothing I've ever seen!
sneaky.gif

th_wink3.gif

th_kiss.gif

Shypo

Wow! Le Coton sounds like a definite must-have - here's hoping they bring them back!!

I have to say that I am rather liking the UC Line Repair line that I have been trying - I may end up getting it for Nordie's anniversary because the products won't be at any other outlets until December. I am kind of surprised that I like it (of course, it's after I JUST BOUGHT my jar of H+AN!!!). But maybe I'll start with the serum (I've not even opened my new bottle of UCL yet - have been using sample tubes!), the eye serum and the night cream. I still use my Neutrogena Retinol tinted moisturizer which has a high SPF as I think this is one area Chanel is really lacking. SPF 15? Really???
th_crazy.gif
I know they have a UV SPF 50 cream, but I dunno. Maybe one day.

Welcome back Karin - nice that you got to spend some quality time with family and have a new adventure to look forward to in Europe!!

My brother and his family are coming up from South Carolina this weekend - and my brother called to say my mom is joining them
th_DANCE.gif
- I'm so excited!! My mom won't fly, and though she has driven the 800+ mile trip up here by herself in the past, she turns 75 this year and I don't like her on the road alone (plus she gets lost easily). I can't wait to take some photos of the family to have framed - we never seem to all be in the same place at the same time!

As far as glossimers, Michelle, I have to agree that Bikini Peach is a nice summery peachy-pink. Sundress is another one that is on the peachy-pink side (also with shimmer) - it's a bit deeper than BP. There really aren't too many other ones in the perm line that fit this bill anymore......oh, and there's Seashell, but it's really light, and more of a champagne-y color.

And Meg, yes, CR is gorgeous - it's limited edition, so if you find it, you should grab it! It's almost a cantaloupe color with shimmer. Amazing how we're always comparing these colors to food!
girlhaha.gif

And an update: I used my new Josie Maran eye shadows this morning - I have to say that they have good pigmentation and staying power, and blend quite easily...but there is some very minor powdery fallout (which doesn't bother me in the least) - so they get an
ok.gif
from me!

Oh, and sign me up for that selling Chanel thing! I'm there!
yes.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
As far as glossimers, Michelle, I have to agree that Bikini Peach is a nice summery peachy-pink. Sundress is another one that is on the peachy-pink side (also with shimmer) - it's a bit deeper than BP. There really aren't too many other ones in the perm line that fit this bill anymore......oh, and there's Seashell, but it's really light, and more of a champagne-y color.

Hmmm, I think I need Bikini Peach and Sundress . . . and what the heck, I probably need Coral Reef, too
yes.gif
I was going to get Bikini Peach a while ago, but thought it was kind of close to MAC Florabundance, so I passed. But I always seem to regret passing on the LE items!

Shypo -- I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family. How exciting -- you'll have to post some pics on your blog!

elegant-one

Quote:
Wow! Le Coton sounds like a definite must-have - here's hoping they bring them back!!

I have to say that I am rather liking the UC Line Repair line that I have been trying - I may end up getting it for Nordie's anniversary because the products won't be at any other outlets until December. I am kind of surprised that I like it (of course, it's after I JUST BOUGHT my jar of H+AN!!!). But maybe I'll start with the serum

Well they really are a beautiful luxury. Still haven't tried them.

I went to Chanel.com to get the new Line repair Rectifiance Intense serum & its sold out already!
icon_eek.gif
So, if its that popular, then I know that its good & thats the one I should get. And how great that its not THE most expensive thing
tong.gif
$105

Have a great family time! Catch up, take pictures - then get the heck back here
lol.gif

We're leaving this weekend to go spend time with our son & his wife, dog & kitty
love.gif
Ah, off to the big city! But I will be back Sun. evening to annoy
th_wink3.gif
& chat.

I love to hear about all the things - makeup & skincare that you & everyone is using!

Shypo

I just went on the Chanel site to see if the Le Coton pads made a reappearance - they have them available on backorder, so I ordered some. I hope I receive them! I mean really, how hard can it be to make more?
th_wink3.gif

Free standard shipping - no code required (on the US site, anyway).....
thmbup.gif

Shypo

I love getting on here at night to see 'who's around' - it's such great fun to share interests, plans, amusements and everything else with you ladies! It would be great fun one day to try to meet up to do some shopping, or just have coffee, like you all were talking about before. Wouldn't that be a total hoot?

elegant-one

Quote:
I just went on the Chanel site to see if the Le Coton pads made a reappearance - they have them available on backorder, so I ordered some. I hope I receive them! I mean really, how hard can it be to make more?
th_wink3.gif

Free standard shipping - no code required (on the US site, anyway).....
thmbup.gif

girlhaha.gif
I have a feeling they will be a favorite of mine.

I didn't know you could place a backorder - doh! And, I didn't see the free ship - it said with $150 order...hmmm

stv578

Quote:

My brother and his family are coming up from South Carolina this weekend - and my brother called to say my mom is joining them
th_DANCE.gif
- I'm so excited!! My mom won't fly, and though she has driven the 800+ mile trip up here by herself in the past, she turns 75 this year and I don't like her on the road alone (plus she gets lost easily). I can't wait to take some photos of the family to have framed - we never seem to all be in the same place at the same time!

I'm so happy that you're going to see everyone! That'll be a great time. Let us know how your weekend went.

I'm glad you are liking the line repair range. I used the serum tonight, and find it to be thicker than a normal "serum". It's more like a lotion. I applied it to my face and neck (but avoiding that damn chin of mine!). I like the feeling of it on, definitely gives a feeling of firmness, but ultimately, I'll see what, if any difference there will be in the actuall appearance of my skin.

Quote:
I love getting on here at night to see 'who's around' - it's such great fun to share interests, plans, amusements and everything else with you ladies! It would be great fun one day to try to meet up to do some shopping, or just have coffee, like you all were talking about before. Wouldn't that be a total hoot?

I agree. I love coming on here to see what everyone's up to and talk about make-up.

Today, DH was in my car and saw the box for my Exquise l/s and made a comment about all the new Chanel items lying around!!! Who says men aren't observant?!

So it sounds like some of us are busy this weekend. We are officially moving out this weekend, so we'll be super busy too, and not sure when we'll get a web account set up at my parents. But I'll be able to check in from work!

elegant-one

Quote:

Today, DH was in my car and saw the box for my Exquise l/s and made a comment about all the new Chanel items lying around!!! Who says men aren't observant?!

But I'll be able to check in from work!

lol.gif

You better my dear
winkiss.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Welcome back Karin - nice that you got to spend some quality time with family and have a new adventure to look forward to in Europe!!

th_DANCE.gif

I definitely am looking forward to planning a Europe trip. Vince isn't entirely sure he wants to spend that much time in France, but I'm going to overrule him on that one. He's concerned about the cultural differences, but with our own personal tour guides, we'll be fine. Besides, I think he will enjoy it once he's there.

Sounds like you'll have quite a houseful! How nice that everyone is coming along for the visit.

Quote:

So it sounds like some of us are busy this weekend. We are officially moving out this weekend, so we'll be super busy too, and not sure when we'll get a web account set up at my parents. But I'll be able to check in from work!

Vince certainly notices when new things show up. He's quite observant when it comes to clothing and shoes. :/

Good luck with the move. Moving is never fun. I hope it goes quickly for you!

Hypathya

Cheryl enjoy your family meeting!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Give a huge hug to your mom from me!! Wow 75 and still driving?? I seriously hope I'll be able to do so at her age!!
yes.gif

Elegant enjoy your children this weekend!! And the pets too!!
heart2.gif

Quote:

Me too!! I enjoy the "company & chat" from you all!!
heart.gif

To get together for real would be too awesome for words!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Unfortunately, it can be seriously hard to coordinate... let's keep our fingers crossed
winkiss.gif
!!

Quote:

Ahh!! Men always notice what they shouldn't!!
lol.gif
"Have you put on some weight? Are those a new pair of jeans?? Where's my (that one we hate and made lost) shirt??..."

And then never notice what they should!!
th_dunno.gif

Good luck with moving!!
th_thstars.gif
Moving can be seriously stressing... I hope you stay calm, patient, grounded and with enough energy to bear with it all!!

I hope to see you soon here, I'm sure everyone here, as I, will be missing you!!
heart2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I definitely am looking forward to planning a Europe trip. Vince isn't entirely sure he wants to spend that much time in France, but I'm going to overrule him on that one. He's concerned about the cultural differences, but with our own personal tour guides, we'll be fine. Besides, I think he will enjoy it once he's there.

You two should definitely make that trip. Traveling it's great, not always easy, but it always is a great experience. Cultural differences are not to be feared but to be embraced and enjoyed! What I most love from traveling it's precisely the cultural differences... they make me appreciate what I have, what I am and the fantastic ability of human beings to be and create so many different things when in essence we're all the same!!

Traveling broadens our judgments, knowledge and wisdom!! I'm sure you two will have an amazing time and will never regret it!!

It seems this will be a busy weekend for many of us!! My dad is coming to visit this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it, I'm a total daddy's girl!!
heart2.gif

Back to topic: Chanel seriously should make Le Cotton a permanent item!! It would be just cruel to give us heaven and then make us go back to regular pads!!

coconut

Oh yes, unfortunately, my SO will always notice new clothes/shoes, etc. I'm a little bit better about hiding makeup, but he's becoming more observant!!

I went to see Sex and the City 2 tonight and there were some scenes where I just loved the makeup (that movie is heaven for fashion and makeup lovers!). Carrie has really nice makeup in the scene where they are travelling on plane to their destination. I swear it looked like the new Taupe Gris eye shadow and Pink Explosion blush. I'm sure it's not, but the colours looked very similiar and that makes me want them even more! I think those two items are definites on my list. I am also thinking more about Enigma. I don't do well with pinks, but this pink looks slightly peachy, which I'm kinda liking!

Shadowy Lady

My weekend isn't as booked. My parents are coming back from a one month vacation so it'll be nice to see them again. Besides that I will sprnd most of it watching the World Cup
yes.gif

Quote:
You two should definitely make that trip. Traveling it's great, not always easy, but it always is a great experience. Cultural differences are not to be feared but to be embraced and enjoyed! What I most love from traveling it's precisely the cultural differences... they make me appreciate what I have, what I am and the fantastic ability of human beings to be and create so many different things when in essence we're all the same!!

Traveling broadens our judgments, knowledge and wisdom!! I'm sure you two will have an amazing time and will never regret it!!

I agree, I've lived in three continents and travelled frequently when I was younger, every culture is beautiful when you look at all the angles and approach the country with an open mind. You will come back with much appreciation for what you have and learn so much about other ppl who share this planet with you.

And you will realize in the end that ppl are always the same. The basic struggles remain untouched.

Bonitinha

Quote:

Are you loving Exquise? It has been on my wishlist forever! I can't pull off super bright pinks -- but from the pics, Exquise looks like the perfect golden pink shade
yes.gif

Good luck with your moving -- hope you get settled quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

Have fun planning your trip! I wish my husband and I had taken the time to travel more before we had kids!!

Quote:
Ahh!! Men always notice what they shouldn't!!
lol.gif
"Have you put on some weight? Are those a new pair of jeans?? Where's my (that one we hate and made lost) shirt??..."

You use the "lost" shirt trick, too? LOL My husband still believes that things just happen to get lost in the wash. haha
sneaky.gif

I just got an email today from Chanel about free shipping. Oh why do they tempt me so?? Ummm, it doesn't take much to tempt me!!
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Elegant - Is Taupe Grise anything like MAC's Satin Taupe?

Nope. Taupe Grise has a Taupe base, but its a darker charcoal grey - cool tone. ST is warmer with almost a golden sheen in comparison.

Latest posts