General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Elegant, I bet your house looks lovely surrounded by beautiful roses. I am really looking forward to a rose garden in our new yard.

Sooo... I went to Chanel on my lunch and came back a whole lot poorer! I picked up the UC Line repair serum and almost fainted when I saw the price and also got the Ultra Correction eye restructuring anti-wrinkle firming eye cream. This stuff better work!!!

I also asked about the fall collection... Canadian girls, at the moment, we are being told mid to late August.

I think the SA at the counter now thinks that I am certifiably insane when I started to tell her about the fall collection. I've had her before, she's not all that into her job and looked at me like I was nuts when I told her about the info on various blogs and then suggested that some of the info might be hearsay...

At any rate, after today's purchase, I now have enough points at the Bay to redeem a $40 gift card!

That is too funny about the SA at the Chanel counter. I find that a lot -- even at MAC I'll ask about something and they are clueless! I guess they aren't as excited about upcoming launches as we are!! Let me know how the eye cream works -- I have been noticing those pesky fine lines creeping up . . .

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ Thanks for the details! I wish I bought Kaleidoscope!

The purple inimitable mascara is calling my name, but I've never worn coloured mascara, only black or brown. I don't think I need purple mascara though.
lol.gif
I will see and test the lipsticks, lip glosses and the single e/s before deciding. I'm also thinking if I should get Jade Rose, but I think I will like Mistral more, which I'm still considering getting.
th_confused_new.gif
Are the micro glitters in Jade Rose visible and pretty on the nails?

ETA: Temptalia said the three JCs are all LE, but not sure though, it's preliminary info.

And just to share, I'm wearing Petals & Peacocks from GMLOL lightly dabbed on my lips, and top with Courtisane. It looks beautiful on my skin tone.
heart.gif

You're welcome dear!!

Just to let you know, purple mascara on brown eyes it's AMAZING!! What I do, to keep it discreete, it's put on a coat or two of black mascara and then a bit of purple mascara. It creates a reflection or a highlight that makes brown eyes pop!!
th_wink3.gif

I can't help you on Jade Rose as I don't own it.
th_dunno.gif

As I said, things have changed since Peter Philips took charge on things at Chanel cosmetics. Maybe, Temptalia is right!!

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like a truly pretty lip combo!!
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Ooh! So I'm thinking Chintz and Rose Dentelle RC's, and Coral Love and Rose Dilemma glossimers! Somehow if they put rose in the name I want it, imagine that.
lol.gif

I'm actually thinking about getting my first (and second!) Nail Lacquers from Chanel with my fall stuff. I have to get Paradoxal (taupe + purple, it's Tauple!) and I've been really wanting Illusion D'Or for a while now, so I'll get that too. So excited!

Ok, this is just getting out of hand (in a good way of course)! I do wish we all lived nearby...getting together for crafting and coffee, chatting about make-up and shopping would just be too much fun. All of you bring so many smiles and laughs to me on a daily basis, even from a distance. I feel so lucky to have met you all here!
heart.gif

Baking wise, the only cookbook I use is an ancient Betty Crocker book that used to be my Grandmother's. It's HUGE...like an encyclopedia! I highly recommend anything by Betty Crocker, it's hard to go wrong there.

Same here, Rose calls my name everytime!!
cutey.gif

Hope you get Illusion D'Or, it's really unique!!
love.gif

Oh yes!! Getting togheter would be too much fun!! And yes, I do enjoy you all even from the distance, my day it's never complete without my Specktra time and all the love, laugh and smiles you bring to my life!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
I do feel blessed to have you all in my life, even if it's from a distance!!
grouphug2.gif

And thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check the book!!
th_kiss.gif
You're so lucky to have your grandmother's, I wish mine would even cook!!
sigh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Yes!

Chanel
Crafting
Coffee

I LOVE all 3!!!

I love to do the gift wrap thingy too
smiles.gif
Especially with baby & wedding gifts! I have to make matching gift tags, ribbons & baubles for every package
smiles.gif

thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I know some of you have recommended Paillettes glossimer (a peachy pink nude, right?). I also saw a swatch on Temptalia for Coral Reef, which also looked like a gorgeous peachy pink (they still have it at Neimans, not sure where else). Which one of these is a must-have? I can't get enough of this color for summer -- I love layering them over nude lipsticks . . . which reminds me, why haven't I bought Mythic yet??
th_dunno.gif

Hypathya -- I really got into baking when I was i college -- I started watching the Food Network a little bit. I have a bazillion books on baking. I love to collect them -- especially the ones filled with gorgeous photos
drools.gif

I haved ordered quite a few through Amazon. Some of my faves are: Baking From My Home to Yours (Dorie Greenspan), Williams Sonoma Dessert, Baked: New Fronteirs in Baking, The Sweet Melissa Baking Book, Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey by Jill O'Connor, and Death by Chocolate Cookies. The recipes all range from beginner to more advanced -- but I'm sure you could find quite a few that you could start with. Williams Sonoma cookbooks usually have standard US measurements and metric units also. Happy Baking!!
smiles.gif

I'm sorry I can't help with Coral Reef... It was a US shade and don't have it.

Thanks sooo much for the books recommendations!!
th_kiss.gif
I'll be sure to check them out!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
yes.gif
on both
tong.gif

I LOVE Roses - can't ever get enough of them.

All around my house I've planted an English Garden & add new color rose bushes every year. This year I've added 5 in various pink, pink/red & 1 gorgeous pale lavender rose bush
love.gif

Oh!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Your garden sounds like heaven!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

stv578

Quote:
lmao.gif
nocomment.gif

Hey, I just put that UC line repair day serum in my cart this morning! It says it gives the skin an over all radiance as well. But, its the DAY serum - is that the one you got?

Chanel.com was not working this afternoon
ssad.gif

You will love planting beautiful flowers around your new home. Maybe your little girl will enjoy planting with you too. She is just soooo adorable!
I love all my flowers & gardening so much, its a lot of work but therapy at the same time. You should see my ivory & white roses this year - some are trimmed in a rose pink
heart.gif
I have 4 different white/ivory rose bushes.

I can't wait to hear what you think of your new items.

What is up with the Chanel ladies
th_crazy.gif
Mine told me the other day I should work for Chanel! Hubby said get that in writing
smiles.gif

I have the Ultra Correction Line Repair Intensive Anti Wrinkle concentrate (had the box on my desk to make sure I got it right, wouldn't have been good if my manager walked over!!!). It doesn't specify day or night. I believe the bottle is white.

Elegant, you need to post pics of your roses. They all sound beautiful.

I bet if the lot of us got together, we could run a Chanel beauty boutique and post incredible profits!!!

Quote:
That is too funny about the SA at the Chanel counter. I find that a lot -- even at MAC I'll ask about something and they are clueless! I guess they aren't as excited about upcoming launches as we are!! Let me know how the eye cream works -- I have been noticing those pesky fine lines creeping up . . .

I think that's exactly it. This particular SA seems to have no interest in being there!

I will definitely report back about the eye cream. I'll give it a few days, and believe me, I hear you about those fine lines slowly appearing. It bugs me now and then, but I know they're there for good reason... I consider them to be laugh lines!!!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Hey, where's Karin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Good question! I was wondering that myself (and wondering where Michelle was and Hypathya before that) - hopefully she's doing something fun! Maybe she got that new job she went to interview for a few weeks ago?
th_dunno.gif

Hiya ladies! Missed you! No, no new job prospects. It was just a busy weekend and then I drove my parents and grandma to Kansas City for a mini family reunion with my mom's cousins. A few live down there, but one came up from Texas with his wife and the other came over from France (where she lives!) with her husband - a Scotsman!

I'm really looking forward to the fall collection - thanks for those teasers Momma Spy!
heart.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hiya ladies! Missed you! No, no new job prospects. It was just a busy weekend and then I drove my parents and grandma to Kansas City for a mini family reunion with my mom's cousins. A few live down there, but one came up from Texas with his wife and the other came over from France (where she lives!) with her husband - a Scotsman!

I'm really looking forward to the fall collection - thanks for those teasers Momma Spy!
heart.gif

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llly missed ya
cry.gif
yes.gif

Hope you enjoyed your reunion. I'm just sure that a good job will pop up for you soon!

purrtykitty

It was nice! I hadn't met the cousin from Texas, and I hadn't seen the cousin from France since I was knee-high to a grasshopper! I guess my one cousin comes back to the US every year to visit, we've just never been able to meet up. They're super hospitable, and I hope to visit their estate in France really soon. They're selling it in a couple years and will be living just in Edinburgh, rather than having two places. Gotta take advantage of that!

elegant-one

Quote:
It was nice! I hadn't met the cousin from Texas, and I hadn't seen the cousin from France since I was knee-high to a grasshopper! I guess my one cousin comes back to the US every year to visit, we've just never been able to meet up. They're super hospitable, and I hope to visit their estate in France really soon. They're selling it in a couple years and will be living just in Edinburgh, rather than having two places. Gotta take advantage of that!

ummm, yes! I've always wanted to go to France. Our son & his wife have been there all four years they've been married
sigh.gif

th_wink3.gif
on the other thing

Hypathya

Quote:

heart.gif

I missed you, dear!!
kissy.gif

Don't worry, the perfect job will find your way!!
heart2.gif

Glad to hear you had a nice time at your family reunion!!

BTW, where's Audrey??

Shypo

I think Audrey is showing some pretty darn good discipline!! She'll be back around soon - maybe as fall gets closer?
winkiss.gif

And I think it was Michelle asking about Paillettes vs Coral Reef? CR is definitely a light tangerine color - Paillettes is as you said, a pinky-peach nude color with multicolor shimmer.....

Hope that helps!!

purrtykitty

More power to her if she can avoid us! It's hard to stay away!

Paillettes is also super sheer. Really pretty, but sheer.

Honey&LemonGirl

Quote:
I have a bazillion books on baking. I love to collect them -- especially the ones filled with gorgeous photos
drools.gif

I haved ordered quite a few through Amazon. Some of my faves are: Baking From My Home to Yours (Dorie Greenspan), Williams Sonoma Dessert, Baked: New Fronteirs in Baking, The Sweet Melissa Baking Book, Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey by Jill O'Connor, and Death by Chocolate Cookies. The recipes all range from beginner to more advanced -- but I'm sure you could find quite a few that you could start with. Williams Sonoma cookbooks usually have standard US measurements and metric units also. Happy Baking!!
smiles.gif

Omg, I LOVE Dorie's books and the Baked book as well. Baked has SUCH amazing, drool-worthy recipes!!!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Sooo... I went to Chanel on my lunch and came back a whole lot poorer! I picked up the UC Line repair serum and almost fainted when I saw the price and also got the Ultra Correction eye restructuring anti-wrinkle firming eye cream. This stuff better work!!!

I also asked about the fall collection... Canadian girls, at the moment, we are being told mid to late August.

I think the SA at the counter now thinks that I am certifiably insane when I started to tell her about the fall collection. I've had her before, she's not all that into her job and looked at me like I was nuts when I told her about the info on various blogs and she then suggested that some of the info might be hearsay...

I had the UC eye restructuring anti-wrinkle firming eye cream two years ago which comes in a pot and I used it sparingly and didn't use it consistently. I was horrified when it turned rancid!
cry.gif
I didn't use a spatula too, which could be the reason as well. Does it still comes in a pot? I prefer the pump bottle of the UC Line repair which I'm now using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
You're welcome dear!!

Just to let you know, purple mascara on brown eyes it's AMAZING!! What I do, to keep it discreete, it's put on a coat or two of black mascara and then a bit of purple mascara. It creates a reflection or a highlight that makes brown eyes pop!!
th_wink3.gif

sneaky.gif
Now I want it even more. I will see if I have the extra bit of money to treat myself to the mascara when the collection is launched.
th_wink3.gif

elegant-one

I just received the Le Coton pads!

Wow, they really are luxurious
love.gif
Now I know why they compared it to the high thread count bed sheets. They are packaged in these lovely elegant long crisp white & black top-opening boxes. ooooh

They are extremely soft to the touch without any fiber feel. A gorgeous elegant circle with the CC is raised embossed in the middle. I think they can be cut into thirds to be used as they are a fairly large size. I'm not wearing any makeup today, but I'll probably try them out later
greengrin.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Omg, I LOVE Dorie's books and the Baked book as well. Baked has SUCH amazing, drool-worthy recipes!!!

I know -- I just love them both! Baking is just another one of my obsessions, next to makeup and clothes!!
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
More power to her if she can avoid us! It's hard to stay away!

Paillettes is also super sheer. Really pretty, but sheer.

Good to know about Pailettes -- I think I want it, but I wish I could swatch it first! Any other recs for peachy pink glossimers?
Every time I try to multi quote, I don't know how to do it LOL -- not sure what I am doing wrong
nope.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
I think Audrey is showing some pretty darn good discipline!! She'll be back around soon - maybe as fall gets closer?
winkiss.gif

And I think it was Michelle asking about Paillettes vs Coral Reef? CR is definitely a light tangerine color - Paillettes is as you said, a pinky-peach nude color with multicolor shimmer.....

Hope that helps!!

Which glossimer do you like more? I can only go by online swatches and sometimes it is difficult to see what the colors actually look like. This forum is a life saver!
smiles.gif

Sorry, this is 3 posts in a row (I really need to figure out how to multi quote!!)

Miss QQ

^^ For all the posts that you want to quote, just click the Multi (+) tab underneath each post, and it will turn to (-). Then hit the Reply tab and all the posts will be quoted.

Quote:

love.gif
Now I know why they compared it to the high thread count bed sheets. They are packaged in these lovely elegant long crisp white & black top-opening boxes. ooooh

They are extremely soft to the touch without any fiber feel. A gorgeous elegant circle with the CC is raised embossed in the middle. I think they can be cut into thirds to be used as they are a fairly large size. I'm not wearing any makeup today, but I'll probably try them out later
greengrin.gif

It sounds divine! Pure indulgence!
th_drool.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
I bet if the lot of us got together, we could run a Chanel beauty boutique and post incredible profits!!!

Oh what a thought! We'd have to get quite the stock of new items each time, so we could all get what we want and actually have some left for you know...customers.
lol.gif

I look forward to hearing about the new skincare items you picked up too!

Quote:

So glad to see you back here! Your family get together sounds like fun, how nice you were able to see them all.

Quote:

Ok, I have to check CR out...a light tangerine color?
love.gif

Quote:

love.gif

greengrin.gif

love.gif

Those sound great!! I hope they decide to bring them back as perm items. I think they'd sell extremely well and I would really love to try some.
yes.gif

Latest posts