General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Coconut -- you're welcome for the info on Retin-A. I actually went off of it for a while, and my forhead starting breaking out in little tiny bumps. I think I need that daily exfoliation from the RetinA. It did make my skin sensitive and red at first, but eventually it didn't give me any problems. You can start out using it every 3 days or every other day -- and then go to every day. My derm said you can work it into whatever skin care program you're on -- Chanel or whatever you use! I think I may start doing the mini peels (lower percentage glycolic or salicylic). The TCA peel was pretty major -- I couldn't leave my house for 10 days because I was quite the fright!!
th_crazy.gif

Meg -- I hear ya with the wrapping. I am obsessed
smiles.gif
Even if I just make a treat to take to someone, it *has* to be wrapped in a cute bakery box or cello with ribbons, or I won't take it. My husband thinks I am crazy haha And I love my kitchen aid, too -- I really love baking gormet goodies (darn sweet tooth!).
I really want to investigate Chanel skincare more! My husband will love that one -- like the makeup isn't enough
cutey.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Just give me that in a huge body sized jar
winks.gif

It does get really confusing. I called Chanel today & I could NOT believe it - they knew absolutely NOTHING about the new collection that I just bought
icon_eek.gif
So its not going to be on the .com site for quite awhile according to her
ssad.gif

I think I may have been the only person in the universe to own it
tong.gif

And I agree, we really have the best, sweetest, nicest, lovely posters here!

Agreed on all points!
winkiss.gif

I am so overwhelmed by Chanel's skincare products - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to feel like a
fool.gif
. I don't know why it has to be so complicated! Fortunately, I've been using the sheet they have for the different skin care products on one side, and the face chart on the other (for color placement when they do a makeover). This has been a huge help to me, but they'll need to add the UC LR line to it soon in the US.

I'm still on the fence about the new line, but I'm going to keep using it and see what happnes. I am just as happy with the Hydramax+Active Nutrition and the UCL serum, the lip treatment (in the black jar) and my Shiseido Benefiance eye cream. Man, I love that stuff! Stays very soothing ALL day!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Alright, I did some research!!! So the reviews I read online I think were for the Ultra Correction Eye Restructuring Anti-wrinkly firming eye cream, that's a mouth full!!! It's a square, clear glass pot.

Alrighty - I just looked at all the freebie sample tubes that I got the other day when I bought the new stuff - & Yep, that ^UCERAFEC is in there
lol.gif

It is different.

I just used the new Line Repair day cream today - that was also in the sample tubes she gave me. Man, it all smells soooo divine!

stv578

Quote:
Just give me that in a huge body sized jar
winks.gif

It does get really confusing. I called Chanel today & I could NOT believe it - they knew absolutely NOTHING about the new collection that I just bought
icon_eek.gif
So its not going to be on the .com site for quite awhile according to her
ssad.gif

I think I may have been the only person in the universe to own it
tong.gif

And I agree, we really have the best, sweetest, nicest, lovely posters here!

Lol!

I think it's a problem that Chanel doesn't know about their new collection.
lol.gif

I'm going to ask at my counter to see if they've heard anything more, but I don't think they go to "class" (like MAC's update) till next month.

elegant-one

Quote:
Lol!

I think it's a problem that Chanel doesn't know about their new collection.
lol.gif

I'm going to ask at my counter to see if they've heard anything more, but I don't think they go to "class" (like MAC's update) till next month.

That's what the Chanel CS lady said - update class next month! She said NO stores would get it before their warehouse
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif
I said well mine did.

Its shocking to me that they know absolutely nothing! She said well we have the line with Riviera etc...I'm like, no you don't - its sold out
ssad.gif
nope.gif
I finally just got frustrated & said well, I gotta go
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Lol!

Oh, I LOVE your new avatar!!! Is that your little one? And, is that a Pink Caddy or Ford??? How sweet!

Shypo

Quote:
Oh, I LOVE your new avatar!!! Is that your little one? And, is that a Pink Caddy or Ford??? How sweet!

Oh, me too! That is such a GREAT avatar!!!

stv578

Quote:
That's what the Chanel CS lady said - update class next month! She said NO stores would get it before their warehouse
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif
I said well mine did.

Its shocking to me that they know absolutely nothing! She said well we have the line with Riviera etc...I'm like, no you don't - its sold out
ssad.gif
nope.gif
I finally just got frustrated & said well, I gotta go
lol.gif

They're the same at Dior. I was asking about the summer collection, and she pointed to the spring collection that had been out for a couple of months! Two weeks later, the summer collection was available. Can they not be informed of entire collections that will be out in just a couple of weeks?!?! You would think that would actually help push some products.

stv578

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Oh, me too! That is such a GREAT avatar!!!

Thanks! Yes, that would be my baby girl. I think it's a Caddy, it was taken when we were at Universal studios last fall! She loves pink and loves to pose! Figured my little man was up there for a while, and I'm not very focused today...

User38

Quote:
OK, now I am hooked on the RA Laques....I've got Dragon and Phoenix on my list.....eek. I wish they made more colors (did I just say that?) - they're just repromoting these 2 and Ming with the Fall collection.....my wallet is hiding from me.
winks.gif

winkiss.gif
Phoenix is my summertime ls/lg, and Coromandel is my nightime summer ls/lg -- I have Santal, but don't use it much for summer as it washes me out a bit
yes.gif

Are there any RA Laques
choochoo.gif
coming out for Fall?

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
winkiss.gif
Phoenix is my summertime ls/lg, and Coromandel is my nightime summer ls/lg -- I have Santal, but don't use it much for summer as it washes me out a bit
yes.gif

Are there any RA Laques
choochoo.gif
coming out for Fall?

I broke down and got Phoenix and Dragon, and Coromandel is on my 'new' list - it is SO gorgeous!

There is a new lip product coming out in September - called Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss - Temptalia has the ad here:

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss

From what the lady at Saks said (shout out to Elegant
winkiss.gif
) they're a high shine gloss - I'm guessing the pigment of the RALs with a bit more shine maybe? I'm looking forward to seeing what colors they're going to launch!
yes.gif
sweatdrop.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Yes, that would be my baby girl. She loves pink and loves to pose!

Oh you are in SO much trouble mom - that was me when I was little
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I
There is a new lip product coming out in September - called Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss - Temptalia has the ad here:

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss

There are some very pretty colors. I got to look at all the pics in the Chanel book
greengrin.gif

I am however, not a fan of vinyl looking lips
th_dunno.gif
just sayin

Shypo

Quote:
Hey, where's Karin???

Good question! I was wondering that myself (and wondering where Michelle was and Hypathya before that) - hopefully she's doing something fun! Maybe she got that new job she went to interview for a few weeks ago?
th_dunno.gif

elegant-one

I know that I was asked what the 2 new Fall 2010 lipsticks were. I cannot remember what I said, but they are Rouge Coco

Shypo

Quote:
I know that I was asked what the 2 new Fall 2010 lipsticks were. I cannot remember what I said, but they are Rouge Coco

Yes - actually there are 3:

Chintz: a pinky coral
Rose Dentelle (sp?): a rosy pink
Chalys: a true coral

The glossimers are as follows:

Petit Peche (sp?) - a warm pink
Rose Dilemma - true pink
Pink Teaser - blue-based clear pink
Coral Love - a coral pink that would be pretty with Chintz

All of the glossimers have shimmer - I'm not sure about the RCs -

elegant-one

Quote:
Yes - actually there are 3:

Chintz: a pinky coral
Rose Dentelle (sp?): a rosy pink
Chalys: a true coral

The glossimers are as follows:

Petit Peche (sp?) - a warm pink
Rose Dilemma - true pink
Pink Teaser - blue-based clear pink
Coral Love - a coral pink that would be pretty with Chintz

All of the glossimers have shimmer - I'm not sure about the RCs -

I didn't get to see Chalys, there were only 2 in the displayer but I think it was there somewhere? Its a stronger orangey kinda coral according to the Chanel lady.
Chintz is the warmer coral pink one that I swatched & Rose Dilemma which didn't seem real pink pink to me but was lovely.

Rose Dilemma is a beautiful pink pink - it has color but can turn sheer.
Coral Love is such a gorgeous orangey peach with delicious shimmer - loved it.
The other 2 were pretty but very pale so I didn't even swatch them.

I just ordered
Rose Dentelle ls
Rose Dilemma gloss
greengrin.gif

Shypo

Quote:
I didn't get to see Chalys, there were only 2 in the displayer but I think it was there somewhere? Its a strong orangey kinda coral.
Chintz is the warmer coral pink one that I swatched & Rose Dilemma which didn't seem real pink pink to me but was lovely.

Rose Dilemma is a beautiful pink pink - it has color but can turn sheer.
Coral Love is such a gorgeous orangey peach with delicious shimmer - loved it.
The other 2 were pretty but very pale so I didn't even swatch them.

I just ordered
Rose Dentelle ls
Rose Dilemma gloss
greengrin.gif

Oooo...thanks for the descriptions! Much better than mine, which were verbal and not based on 'sight' - I ordered the same 2 as you!! And Coral Love
winks.gif

Latest posts