General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
The Sublimage moisturizer is $375 USD
icon_eek.gif
- not in my budget until my kids are out of college!
winks.gif

I am considering seeing a dermatologist to find out what my options might be for topical treatments - I'd love to tackle a couple of my hyperpigmentation issues - and if Retin-A will do that, sign me up! I think I'm getting to the point where my good genes have done about all they can for me and now it's time to boost them - maybe.
winkiss.gif

I've been away forever because we had a flood and the entire downstairs of my house had to be re-done. I do have gorgeous new hardwood and fresh baseboards throughout now (have to look at the brightside!!).
Hope you are all doing well!!
Shypo -- just saw your post about retin-a -- Retin-A works great. I was a sun worshipper all growing up in Florida. When I turned 35, I noticed sun spots (ick!). A year and a half ago I got a 35% TCA/Jessners peel combo. It got rid of *all* of my sun damage (you have to go to a specialized Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon). Anyways you might not need that drastic -- but it was a miracle worker! The Retin-a really helps to keep the skin exfoliated and clear!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Elegant and Hypathya - I'm a huge crafter. I'm always working on something crafty, and LOVE shopping for papers, punches, embellishments, anything pretty really, lol. I could spend hours on end at craft stores and not even notice!
lol.gif

Anyway, just had to share...you're not alone!

Great minds do think alike!!
th_wink3.gif
girlhaha.gif

Quote:
I USED to be a crafter....sometimes still get the urge to craft.....but I was such a fiend for supplies that I had to stop (yes, I'm addicted to a lot of things - good thing I'm a girl
girlhaha.gif
) - I even decorated my MAC palettes with stickers (I have them arranged by color) awhile back
winkiss.gif
-

I've always just loved papers and pens - I have a drawer full! When I was a little kid my favorite thing (besides my Barbies) was new school supplies. We used to have a little store at my elementary school, and I LOVED going there to get little things like the tiny Pink Pearl erasers and little notebooks they had. It must be something in the DNA!
tong.gif

Now if I'm going to craft I pretty much stick to crochet - but usually just winter scarves as I don't have the talent for it my mother does (I have beautiful pieces my mother has made)and beading (not the intricate crochet-like beadwork, but more the necklace/bracelet/earring kind) and sometimes I would prefer to read, or cook if I'm feeling creative. If I didn't have to have a 'regular' job, I would just craft and be a makeup artist!
yes.gif
Somehow though, I think if the hobby was a job, it wouldn't be as much fun anymore
th_dunno.gif

I feel like a major-league goofball regarding the UC Line Repair line
lol.gif
....I had no idea we in the US were the last ones to get it! Oh well. Not much of a scoop, eh?
winkiss.gif
I'm trying to make my samples last as long as I can - I would like to dive into this line, but don't think I can swing that AND the fall collection, so I may just wait and see. Have college tuition yet to pay.....

Hope you ladies have a great day today!!

And a quick edit - I got the Lotion Douceur, not the Lotion Confort - I really like how it makes my skin feel! Not at all tingly or stinging like I expected it to!

See?? Great minds DO think alike!!
girlhaha.gif

I'm addicted to a lot too!!
blush-anim-cl.gif
Good thing hubby doesn't complaint!! I think it amuses him!! I'm such a kid in a candy store!!

I miss so much new school supplies!! It was one of my favorite things as a child!!
sigh.gif

Well a hobby turned a job, can be so much fun too!! Not a job at all!!
th_DANCE.gif
I guess the trick it's keep the stress at distance.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Me too - big time! I'm the same way - I can meander away the time in any craft store. Paper, scissors, punches, beads etc...... I love it all. I collect ribbons like crazy too.

Wow, so funny how we are all very much alike - it makes me happy to all of you to share my great love of all think girly & beautiful & fun!
smiles.gif

It is funny.
smiles.gif
It's sooo good to have you all to share the things we love!!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
How do you use Lotion Douceur? Do you pour some on a cotton pad and dab all over your face, including eyes and lips, to remove makeup? And follow with a rinse-off cleanser? That's what the MA said. I have a sample but I haven't use it. It smells divine!

Just to clarify things out... There's a "tonic" called Eau Douceur. It's a make up remover water. Just like you said, you pour some on a cotton pad and dab all over your face, lips and eyes included. It will remove all your make up and leave your face moist, clean and fresh. It's for sensitive skin and won't remove waterproof make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Just dropping in to say that I am in love with the Reflets d'ombre quadra eyeshadow. The colour payoff is utterly fantastic and the colours are gorgeous. The deep teal blue in this quad is especially sublime.

Hope everyone is well, I've not the time lately to keep up with this thread....it's jumpin'!

winkiss.gif

Hi Rachael!!!
wavey.gif
We miss you!!
kissy.gif

Btw, Reflets d'ombre it's awesome!!

Quote:
Cool eh!

The pink shade is a slight, very slight coral/salmon pale pink with subtle gold shimmer.
The shade right next to it (upper right) is a goldish khaki slight taupe with silver shimmer
The bottom left color is a gorgeous blued darkish grey with slight greyed purple hints with silvered shimmer.
The bottom right color is a blackend deep purpley plum with an almost rainbow/multicolor/silvery shimmer

Hope that helps!

drools.gif
Can't wait to have enigma.

The pictures you posted with the items you got from the collection are just pure love!!! This is going to be a long, long wait.
yes.gif
Eased by lots of MAC, of course!!
cutey.gif

Quote:
Chanel Paradoxal Nail Polish
I am wearing Chanel Riviera
th_drool.gif
Nail Polish in the pic
greengrin.gif

Paradoxal is a taupey greyed mushroom color with beautiful shades of purple & a duochrome effect.

Attachment 11276

Attachment 11277

Elegant, you nails are fantastic!! I'm jealous!!
th_wink3.gif

Paradoxal is definitely going to be mine!!
yes.gif

Have I said this is going to be a long wait??

Quote:
ok, so I have to share a very humorous thing from yesterdays shopping excursion.

I'm at the Chanel counter paying for my items & my phone rings. Its hubby (he's sitting out in the mall on a bench), & he says, "why didn't you tell me that my zipper was down?".....
girlhaha.gif
well, I wasn't looking there!.... & I could not stop laughing
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
Why men can't understand that as much as we love them, they can't compete with make up, clothes, shoes, and all things girly!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I've been away forever because we had a flood and the entire downstairs of my house had to be re-done. I do have gorgeous new hardwood and fresh baseboards throughout now (have to look at the brightside!!).
Shypo -- just saw your post about retin-a -- Retin-A works great. I was a sun worshipper all growing up in Florida. When I turned 35, I noticed sun spots (ick!). A year and a half ago I got a 35% TCA/Jessners peel combo. It got rid of *all* of my sun damage (you have to go to a specialized Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon). Anyways you might not need that drastic -- but it was a miracle worker! The Retin-a really helps to keep the skin exfoliated and clear!

OMG dear!! I had no idea!! It's so nice to know you're taking things with a good mood!! It's always great to look at the brightside.
heart2.gif

I've missed you so much!!
yes.gif
th_kiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Great minds do think alike!!
th_wink3.gif

drools.gif
Can't wait to have enigma.

The pictures you posted with the items you got from the collection are just pure love!!! This is going to be a long, long wait.
yes.gif
Eased by lots of MAC, of course!!
cutey.gif

Elegant, you nails are fantastic!! I'm jealous!!
th_wink3.gif

Paradoxal is definitely going to be mine!!
yes.gif

Have I said this is going to be a long wait??

winkiss.gif

I'm glad that you enjoyed the eye candy pics
yes.gif
Everything is just so lovely in person.

Its too bad that the collections, both Mac & Chanel aren't released at the same time so all of us can enjoy them together. Why not?

Quote:

I am soooo sorry to hear that! That is just awful to have happened to you
ssad.gif
Hopefully you will be able to get things back to normal soon. hugs

Shypo

Quote:

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear that - but I'm glad for your new floors - that must be a nice end to the catastrophe!

Thanks for the info about Retin-A - I may have to make that appointment.....

Shypo

Quote:
Hey look at these pics!

New Chanel Eyeshadow Duo’s – Quick Pictures Café Makeup

OK, now these do not look like one is a cream and one is a powder.....I wonder what the deal is? I still like Misty and Berry Rose but I may skip them this go-around since they're perm, in favor of some of the fall items.
yes.gif

Thanks for sharing these elegant!
kissy.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
OK, now these do not look like one is a cream and one is a powder.....I wonder what the deal is? I still like Misty and Berry Rose but I may skip them this go-around since they're perm, in favor of some of the fall items.
yes.gif

Thanks for sharing these elegant!
kissy.gif

smiles.gif

Oh. they're perm!? I missed that.

Hypathya

Quote:
winkiss.gif

I'm glad that you enjoyed the eye candy pics
yes.gif
Everything is just so lovely in person.

Its too bad that the collections, both Mac & Chanel aren't released at the same time so all of us can enjoy them together. Why not?

I am soooo sorry to hear that! That is just awful to have happened to you
ssad.gif
Hopefully you will be able to get things back to normal soon. hugs

Of course I enjoyed them!! Pure lust!!
girlhaha.gif

I've always wondered why oh why collections are released at different timing worldwide!! I guess cosmetics companies want to test the market first!! But that's not fair to us addicts!!
nonono.gif

Quote:
Hey look at these pics!

New Chanel Eyeshadow Duo’s – Quick Pictures Café Makeup

OMG!! Why can't we have those duos already???
th_dunno.gif

I'm not planning to get them already, as there's soooo much coming... but I'm dying to see them and test them!! Come on we're starving here!!

Bonitinha

Thanks everyone -- it is good to be back with my Chanel friends
winkiss.gif

I am loving the look of the duos -- and can't wait for the Fall launch. Oh my, I am in trouble
yes.gif

Off topic -- I didn't know so many of you are closet crafters. I have a serious thing for gorgeous papers and ribbons. Boxes and boxes of ribbon! Isn't anything packaged in cellophane and tied with ribbon just too cute? I also love baking . . . don't get me started!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Chanel Eye Candy
smiles.gif
Its really hard to get great pics & swatches. More in the Chanel swatch forum

Chanel Enigma Quad, Pink Explosion Blush, Taupe Grise Eyeshadow & 2 pairs of eyeglasses
greengrin.gif

Attachment 11271

I love your pics! All of those colors are right up my alley!! I am seriously dying right now (in a good way LOL)
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
winkiss.gif

I am loving the look of the duos -- and can't wait for the Fall launch. Oh my, I am in trouble
yes.gif

Off topic -- I didn't know so many of you are closet crafters. I have a serious thing for gorgeous papers and ribbons. Boxes and boxes of ribbon! Isn't anything packaged in cellophane and tied with ribbon just too cute? I also love baking . . . don't get me started!

Oh wow - really! I've been collecting beautiful (a lot of handmade) papers & ribbons - especially vintage ribbon

stv578

Hey ladies!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Bonitinha, sorry to hear about your house. Hopefully everything was repaired to your satisfaction.

I had a busy weekend packing and trying to keep the kids entertained. Things are just too hectic for my liking and will likely be that way till our home is finished... (still October). I miss having the time for crafts or baking, but getting so excited to see our house when it's finally done!

So needless to say, I haven't done much hauling lately, though I did manage to order a few things from J Crew (DH is not gonna like that!). I've gotten into cardigans in a big way lately. Perfect for work, since it's hot out but pretty damn cold with the AC in the office.

Got these...
Women's sweaters - cotton - Cotton-wool ruffled placket cardigan - J.Crew

(in the heather stone)

Women's sweaters - linen blends - Canterbury bells cardigan - J.Crew
(in blue)

and

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...6137/26137.jsp

(in black)

Quote:
icon_eek.gif
winks.gif

I am considering seeing a dermatologist to find out what my options might be for topical treatments - I'd love to tackle a couple of my hyperpigmentation issues - and if Retin-A will do that, sign me up! I think I'm getting to the point where my good genes have done about all they can for me and now it's time to boost them - maybe.
winkiss.gif

$375 us is like 800 cdn (okay, j/k, sort of). It'd probably be over $400 here.

Shypo, the Retin-A is really great, but it does cause peeling and flakiness, especially in the drier months. And it also increases skin and sun sensitivity. My derm increased the strength of mine for my chin area, since I'm tolerating the lowest strength really well, but I started using it around my mouth and forehead as well and those areas are a lot more sensitive.

Quote:
Chanel Eye Candy
smiles.gif
Its really hard to get great pics & swatches. More in the Chanel swatch forum

Chanel Enigma Quad, Pink Explosion Blush, Taupe Grise Eyeshadow & 2 pairs of eyeglasses
greengrin.gif

Attachment 11271

Elegant, I think I need a cigarette after seeing those pics!
tong.gif
But seriously, loving the blush and the quad. I'll be getting these with the two singles I ended up liking (Lotus and Trace iirc). That'll be a big haul for me.

Quote:
Haha...Yes, I quite like that idea alot! Do you think I could talk people into buying things
girl_devil.gif
tong.gif

Hehehe, no, not you! *adds Pink Explosion to list*

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

Got these...

(in the heather stone)

tong.gif
But seriously, loving the blush and the quad. I'll be getting these with the two singles I ended up liking (Lotus and Trace iirc). That'll be a big haul for me.

th_roll1.gif
That was freakin funny!!!
lol.gif

I just looked at that cardigan today online
smiles.gif
Its adorable. I like the others too. I was eyeing the canterbury skirt. I was just at J crew - LOVE. Got a belt & a tank top. Their sales are super great.

You know, I waited up for you to post tonight
winkiss.gif

You like the colors in the quad?

All the work/waiting/stress for the house will be great when everything is done.

stv578

Quote:
th_roll1.gif
That was freakin funny!!!
lol.gif

I just looked at that cardigan today online
smiles.gif
Its adorable. I like the others too. I was eyeing the canterbury skirt. I was just at J crew - LOVE. Got a belt & a tank top. Their sales are super great.

You know, I waited up for you to post tonight
winkiss.gif

You like the colors in the quad?

All the work/waiting/stress for the house will be great when everything is done.

Aww, thanks Elegant! You made my night. Would've been on here earlier, but my kids really use all their delaying tactics before bedtime when DH isn't here (playing baseball).

I really like the colours in the quad, though not sure how the blue/greyish colour will work on olive skintones. The quad plus Lotus will be gorgeous!

I wish we had an actual JCrew store here, but none yet, hate having to pay shipping and duties. Not sure how I came across the catalogue years ago, because there's not much in terms of advertising or exposure here, but I love it as well.

And ya, the house will be worth all the stress and work, and the week before will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. I booked us a weekend at Niagara-on-the-lake, including a visit to a winery for some wine tasting and dinner. So if we can make it till October, we've got a lot to look forward to!

(Sorry momma spy, just realized I posted the link to the Canterbury cardi twice, fixed it now, there was a pair of shoes as well!!!)

Meryl

Quote:
icon_eek.gif
winks.gif

winkiss.gif

I'm NW20 with sensitive skin - I can't use Retin-A, my skin will get too red... but I have had some laser to keep my skin really even and clear.

Meryl

Quote:
Aww, thanks Elegant! You made my night. Would've been on here earlier, but my kids really use all their delaying tactics before bedtime when DH isn't here (playing baseball).

I really like the colours in the quad, though not sure how the blue/greyish colour will work on olive skintones. The quad plus Lotus will be gorgeous!

I wish we had an actual JCrew store here, but none yet, hate having to pay shipping and duties. Not sure how I came across the catalogue years ago, because there's not much in terms of advertising or exposure here, but I love it as well.

And ya, the house will be worth all the stress and work, and the week before will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. I booked us a weekend at Niagara-on-the-lake, including a visit to a winery for some wine tasting and dinner. So if we can make it till October, we've got a lot to look forward to!

(Sorry momma spy, just realized I posted the link to the Canterbury cardi twice, fixed it now, there was a pair of shoes as well!!!)

JCrew and Target - the only two stores we don't have. I will be so happy when we get them!!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Bonitinha, sorry to hear about your house. Hopefully everything was repaired to your satisfaction.

I had a busy weekend packing and trying to keep the kids entertained. Things are just too hectic for my liking and will likely be that way till our home is finished... (still October). I miss having the time for crafts or baking, but getting so excited to see our house when it's finally done!

So needless to say, I haven't done much hauling lately, though I did manage to order a few things from J Crew (DH is not gonna like that!). I've gotten into cardigans in a big way lately. Perfect for work, since it's hot out but pretty damn cold with the AC in the office.

Love all of your cardis! Adorable -- I love that you can wear them with skirts, pants, shorts, dresses -- everything!
Thank you -- the house is back together. Pretty much all of the downstairs flooring had to be ripped out -- then days of fans drying everything, then sub floor out, then installment. It was a major headache, but so glad to have my house back. Insurance did cover a hotel/food a few days while they were putting the stain/varnish on the hardwood, so we did get a bit of a "staycation" out of it LOL
Good luck with the house!!
I felt so out of the loop while I didn't have access to my computer -- how sad that I was thinking "what if there are new products coming out that I don't know about???"
Hypathya and Elegant -- now we can feed out craft and beauty addictions. Why don't we live close to each other??

JustAddSparkles

Hi there
smiles.gif

I was wondering if anyone who was super fair (like me) has tried the Soleil de Chanel Tan makeup base? I'm lusting after it in a major way, but I just can't take the dive because (get this), my counter doesn't have a tester of it. :confused: What is it like? Do you think it will look unnatural on my NC15 face?

Thanks for any help
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
winkiss.gif

yes.gif

th_kiss.gif
It's good to have you back!!

Ribbons are the cutest, elegant, girlie things in the world!! I love ribbon!! Just only recently we began having here pattern ribbon!! It drives me nuts!!

Quote:
Oh wow - really! I've been collecting beautiful (a lot of handmade) papers & ribbons - especially vintage ribbon

Oh my!! Vintage ribbon!!! I wish i could get my hands at some!!
sigh.gif

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Got these...

(in the heather stone)

Women's sweaters - linen blends - Canterbury bells cardigan - J.Crew
(in blue)

and

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/sweaters/linenblends/PRDOVR~26137/26137.jsp

(in black)

Shypo, the Retin-A is really great, but it does cause peeling and flakiness, especially in the drier months. And it also increases skin and sun sensitivity. My derm increased the strength of mine for my chin area, since I'm tolerating the lowest strength really well, but I started using it around my mouth and forehead as well and those areas are a lot more sensitive.
tong.gif

Hehehe, no, not you! *adds Pink Explosion to list*

Thanks dear!! I did some furniture shopping with hubby and then just had a peaceful weekend at home trying to catch up with all I've missed from Specktra lately!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Your goodies are just lovely!!
heart2.gif
Enjoy!!
th_DANCE.gif

Your cigarette remark was hilarious!!
th_roll1.gif

Quote:
Love all of your cardis! Adorable -- I love that you can wear them with skirts, pants, shorts, dresses -- everything!
Thank you -- the house is back together. Pretty much all of the downstairs flooring had to be ripped out -- then days of fans drying everything, then sub floor out, then installment. It was a major headache, but so glad to have my house back. Insurance did cover a hotel/food a few days while they were putting the stain/varnish on the hardwood, so we did get a bit of a "staycation" out of it LOL
Good luck with the house!!
I felt so out of the loop while I didn't have access to my computer -- how sad that I was thinking "what if there are new products coming out that I don't know about???"
Hypathya and Elegant -- now we can feed out craft and beauty addictions. Why don't we live close to each other??

So glad your house is back together.
yes.gif
You must have gone through overwhelming days!! Funny that you get a "staycation" out of it!!
greengrin.gif

I know!! It would be awesome to live close to each other!! We could share our passions and going shopping together, not to mention the endless coffee-crafting meetings!!!
th_e2cloud9.gif