General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I actually used it for the first time this morning, after washing my face....I was shocked at the additional 'dirt' it got off of my face!!
icon_eek.gif
But it felt really clean without feeling stripped!

I think this is the one Elegant uses before she cleanses.....I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to be using it, so I guess I will figure that out -
fool.gif

Thank you, maybe this is the right way to use it.

Elegant, how do you use it? Sorry if I missed it earlier on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Chanel Eye Candy
smiles.gif
Its really hard to get great pics & swatches. More in the Chanel swatch forum

Chanel Enigma Quad, Pink Explosion Blush, Taupe Grise Eyeshadow & 2 pairs of eyeglasses
greengrin.gif

Thanks! Very beautiful!
drools.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Just dropping in to say that I am in love with the Reflets d'ombre quadra eyeshadow. The colour payoff is utterly fantastic and the colours are gorgeous. The deep teal blue in this quad is especially sublime.

Hope everyone is well, I've not the time lately to keep up with this thread....it's jumpin'!

winkiss.gif

Which quad is that and when was it released? Is it the one from fall 08? But that has no teal so I guess I'm wrong.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

Which quad is that and when was it released? Is it the one from fall 08? But that has no teal so I guess I'm wrong.

I think this was released in 2008, but I'm not sure - I've seen it in several stores, so it should be fairly easy to obtain?

elegant-one

Quote:
Thank you, maybe this is the right way to use it.

Elegant, how do you use it? Sorry if I missed it earlier on.

I have both - but the one I use is Lotion Purete, the green one. I will use the pink one which is the Lotion Douceur but I prefer the green to clear the pores. It may be a little drying for some skin types, even though I have dry skin & it does not bother me.

Sorry ladies - I missed this post
th_dunno.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAddSparkles
Hi there
smiles.gif

I was wondering if anyone who was super fair (like me) has tried the Soleil de Chanel Tan makeup base? I'm lusting after it in a major way, but I just can't take the dive because (get this), my counter doesn't have a tester of it. :confused: What is it like? Do you think it will look unnatural on my NC15 face?

Thanks for any help
smiles.gif

Yes, many very fair ladies here and elsewhere love it on!

I am very pale & it looks so lovey & natural. Sunkissed. Its very buildable so you can go as light or dark as you want. Its beautiful & worth it.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
It's from Fall 2008 - here is a photo on Temptalia: Chanel for Fall 2008: Gold Fever Joues, Reflets D’Ombre…

The shade in the lower right is a gorgeous rich smoked teal, at least on my skintone. I love this quad!

drools.gif
Thanks! That is the quad I'm refering to. I passed the quad but instead bought Gold Fever, the highlighter. I used the highlighter a lot when I just got it but rarely reach for it now. The colours in the quad didn't appeal to me then. Now I want it, especially when the payoff is good!
winks.gif
I saw it at the counters a few weeks ago, so I hope it is still available. I'm going to get it before it's gone!

Quote:
I think this was released in 2008, but I'm not sure - I've seen it in several stores, so it should be fairly easy to obtain?

I still see it at my counters too! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
I have both - but the one I use is Lotion Purete, the green one. I will use the pink one which is the Lotion Douceur but I prefer the green to clear the pores. It may be a little drying for some skin types, even though I have dry skin & it does not bother me.

Sorry ladies - I missed this post
th_dunno.gif

Thanks! I remember you said you have the green one. I have dry skin too and since you say it's all right for you, I want to try it too. Maybe I'll get a sample to try when I buy the quad. But I have stopped using toner for a few years. I don't like the cotton fibres being left all over my face when I use a toner. I'm still resisting the chanel cotton pads, and I haven't seen them at my counters too.
tong.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
JCrew and Target - the only two stores we don't have. I will be so happy when we get them!!

I would love to have both of these stores here. I'm glad that we at least have Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn.

So I got a call today from a Chanel counter to let me know that the Ultra Correction Line Repair Serum is in. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, I may try the eye cream as well, though I also saw one from NeoStrata that looks decent. Will have to check the reviews on these. I'm using Clinique's All About Eyes Rich atm & it's doing nothing for me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Thanks! I remember you said you have the green one. I have dry skin too and since you say it's all right for you, I want to try it too. Maybe I'll get a sample to try when I buy the quad. But I have stopped using toner for a few years. I don't like the cotton fibres being left all over my face when I use a toner. I'm still resisting the chanel cotton pads, and I haven't seen them at my counters too.
tong.gif

smiles.gif
on the Le Coton pads. I can't stand the fibers either, especially when they get wrapped around my eyelashes.

The Toners also help remove pollutants from the skin. So, I use them after I garden & the like, and when we go to the big cities
smiles.gif
I swear that the toners are what is keeping when skin so clear.

I may have to learn French just to be able to spell most of Chanels products
tong.gif

coconut

Quote:
The Sublimage moisturizer is $375 USD
icon_eek.gif
- not in my budget until my kids are out of college!
winks.gif

Wow, that is pricey! Think I'm going to have to stick my with Hydramax for now. Maybe when I'm older I would consider investing in a more expensive facial cream. Is it supposed to be really amazing?

Quote:
Chanel Eye Candy
smiles.gif
Its really hard to get great pics & swatches. More in the Chanel swatch forum

Chanel Enigma Quad, Pink Explosion Blush, Taupe Grise Eyeshadow & 2 pairs of eyeglasses
greengrin.gif

Thanks for the pictures! I definitely need the blush. That seems like a stand-out to me.

Quote:
Cool eh!

The pink shade is a slight, very slight coral/salmon pale pink with subtle gold shimmer.
The shade right next to it (upper right) is a goldish khaki slight taupe with silver shimmer
The bottom left color is a gorgeous blued darkish grey with slight greyed purple hints with silvered shimmer.
The bottom right color is a blackend deep purpley plum with an almost rainbow/multicolor/silvery shimmer

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the detailed description! It sounds really lovely. Pinks, blues, and purples don't look so good on me though, so not sure if this is the quad for me. I tend to like browns/bronzes and greys. It does sound perfect for fall.

Quote:
Chanel Paradoxal Nail Polish
I am wearing Chanel Riviera
th_drool.gif
Nail Polish in the pic
greengrin.gif

Paradoxal is a taupey greyed mushroom color with beautiful shades of purple & a duochrome effect.

Uhh, yeah...I am DEFINITELY getting this. What a great fall colour. It's almost like the fall version of Particuliere. I better get to the counter right when this is released to avoid missing out. I think it will sell out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I've been away forever because we had a flood and the entire downstairs of my house had to be re-done. I do have gorgeous new hardwood and fresh baseboards throughout now (have to look at the brightside!!).
Hope you are all doing well!!
Shypo -- just saw your post about retin-a -- Retin-A works great. I was a sun worshipper all growing up in Florida. When I turned 35, I noticed sun spots (ick!). A year and a half ago I got a 35% TCA/Jessners peel combo. It got rid of *all* of my sun damage (you have to go to a specialized Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon). Anyways you might not need that drastic -- but it was a miracle worker! The Retin-a really helps to keep the skin exfoliated and clear!

Sorry to hear about your house, but I'm glad you got some new hardwood and baseboards to cheer you up! Thanks for the info on Retin-A and peels.

Quote:
Hey look at these pics!

New Chanel Eyeshadow Duo’s – Quick Pictures Café Makeup

These seem like really great basics. I like the Gris one and the Misty one. I usually like taupes, but this one seems more like a boring brown than a taupe. I think I will definitely hold out on these for now since they are perm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
So needless to say, I haven't done much hauling lately, though I did manage to order a few things from J Crew (DH is not gonna like that!). I've gotten into cardigans in a big way lately. Perfect for work, since it's hot out but pretty damn cold with the AC in the office.

Great cardigans! I am seriously obsessed with cardigans. I always seem to buy them when out shopping. But I actually do use them all! They are so versatile.

coconut

Just saw your pictures in the Chanel swatches thread, Elegant. I am LOVING Taupe Gris. I think that one is right up my alley. Enigma looks like it might give me the bruised-eye look...I hope not. Pink Explosion looks so pretty. How is the colour pay-off? I was hoping it would be quite pigmented because of how bright it looks.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Thank you so much for the detailed description! It sounds really lovely. Pinks, blues, and purples don't look so good on me though, so not sure if this is the quad for me. I tend to like browns/bronzes and greys. It does sound perfect for fall.

These seem like really great basics. I like the Gris one and the Misty one. I usually like taupes, but this one seems more like a boring brown than a taupe. I think I will definitely hold out on these for now since they are perm.

This quad may still work, since by the looks of it, two look like grey-based shades and the purple looks like a smokey purple! (Not enabling though, I'll leave that to Elegant!)

I agree about the taupe duo, based on that pic. It does look kinda bland, which is why I'll be getting the two singles that I ended up liking, since they are both rich for a cream and a brown!

stv578

So I reviewed both eye-creams I was considering on MUA. Like the sound of both!!! The NeoStrata could be better for daytime, and the Chanel one sounds perfect for my needs for night.

Had a question though, only review on MUA for the eyecream was the Precision Ultra Correction cream, not line repair. Are there two separate products? The precision uc cream sounds great, as I really prefer really rich eye creams.

Camnagem

Quote:
I've been away forever because we had a flood and the entire downstairs of my house had to be re-done. I do have gorgeous new hardwood and fresh baseboards throughout now (have to look at the brightside!!).
Hope you are all doing well!!

I'm so sorry to hear about that! Glad to have you back, and staying on the positive side is wonderful to hear. New hardwoods sound lovely, hope everything is all settled for you now!

Quote:
Hey look at these pics!

New Chanel Eyeshadow Duo’s – Quick Pictures Café Makeup

Ok, those look awesome again! I'm still wondering if one side is a cream shadow, and if so these will be a pass for me. If not, I'm still loving Misty color-wise and might have to get that one!

Quote:
Off topic -- I didn't know so many of you are closet crafters. I have a serious thing for gorgeous papers and ribbons. Boxes and boxes of ribbon! Isn't anything packaged in cellophane and tied with ribbon just too cute? I also love baking . . . don't get me started!

I'm kind of obsessed with crafting.
lol.gif

My hubby gets a kick out of it when I have to wrap a gift, it takes me a few days to get each one totally finished. I won't admit to how long Christmas takes, lol! I also love to bake!!!! I recently got a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and I've been going to town with it...I have no idea how I got by before without it!

Quote:
I had a busy weekend packing and trying to keep the kids entertained. Things are just too hectic for my liking and will likely be that way till our home is finished... (still October). I miss having the time for crafts or baking, but getting so excited to see our house when it's finally done.

That sounds like quite a handful! I'm glad to see you got a little bit of Specktra unwind time. I'm still so excited for you and the new house, here's hoping time flies over the next few months for you and your family. Oh, and I love the cardi's, they'll go with everything!

elegant-one

Quote:
Had a question though, only review on MUA for the eyecream was the Precision Ultra Correction cream, not line repair. Are there two separate products? The precision uc cream sounds great, as I really prefer really rich eye creams.

Do they mean Precision Ultra Correction Lift - if so, that is what I use & Love. It comes in the smokey grey/brown packaging. Its getting easier I think, to just go by the color
th_dunno.gif

I use all the lift line & the serum

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Thanks for the pictures! I definitely need the blush. That seems like a stand-out to me.

The blush is def. pigmented but doesn't apply like clown cheeks
smiles.gif
You can sheer it out or build it up. Its beautiful.

No, it will def. NOT give you a bruised eye look. The pink is a gorgeous highlight pink. They used it above the crease in the promo pic. And, the colors are smokey nothing brash. If you love smokey eyes - you will love it. All I do is smokey brown/grey/black/grey-blues. The purple is gorgeous deep smokey blackened plum. cause I don't do purples either
smiles.gif

Oh, the Taupe Gris is such a deep rich smokey steel grey with maybe a little taupe - gorgeous. I absolutely love love it on!

coconut

The blush sounds great then!

I think you may have convinced me on Engima. It sure did look awesome on Emma Watson!!
smiles.gif
And I absolutely love smokey eyes. You will have to let us know what combos you come up with using that quad!

stv578

Alright, I did some research!!! So the reviews I read online I think were for the Ultra Correction Eye Restructuring Anti-wrinkly firming eye cream, that's a mouth full!!! It's a square, clear glass pot.

The other one is the Ultra Corrction Line Repair anti-wrinkle eye cream, comes in a small bottle.

The only thing I saw that was smokey was the Sublimage eye cream, which I'm guessing by the earlier posts, would be the priciest product!

I'm so confused!

BTW, thanks for all the nice comments about our move and such! Everyone on here is so sweet.

elegant-one

Quote:
Anti-wrinkly

Just give me that in a huge body sized jar
winks.gif

It does get really confusing. I called Chanel today & I could NOT believe it - they knew absolutely NOTHING about the new collection that I just bought
icon_eek.gif
So its not going to be on the .com site for quite awhile according to her
ssad.gif

I think I may have been the only person in the universe to own it
tong.gif

And I agree, we really have the best, sweetest, nicest, lovely posters here!

Latest posts