General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

The June Vogue features Chanel's Super & Genial lipsticks! I'm assuming it was Super on the Model - very very pretty on her.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
My weekend isn't as booked. My parents are coming back from a one month vacation so it'll be nice to see them again. Besides that I will sprnd most of it watching the World Cup
yes.gif

I agree, I've lived in three continents and travelled frequently when I was younger, every culture is beautiful when you look at all the angles and approach the country with an open mind. You will come back with much appreciation for what you have and learn so much about other ppl who share this planet with you.

And you will realize in the end that ppl are always the same. The basic struggles remain untouched.

iagree.gif

Enjoy your weekend, dear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Are you loving Exquise? It has been on my wishlist forever! I can't pull off super bright pinks -- but from the pics, Exquise looks like the perfect golden pink shade
yes.gif

Good luck with your moving -- hope you get settled quickly!

Have fun planning your trip! I wish my husband and I had taken the time to travel more before we had kids!!

You use the "lost" shirt trick, too? LOL My husband still believes that things just happen to get lost in the wash. haha
sneaky.gif

I just got an email today from Chanel about free shipping. Oh why do they tempt me so?? Ummm, it doesn't take much to tempt me!!
winks.gif

What I love about Exquise it's the fact it's a chameleon shade... it's bright but not bold and you can always tone it up or tone it down with gloss!! Since it's a warm shade it'll never look too bright. But that's me...
winkiss.gif

Don't worry, it you truly want to, you'll travel. Now it's easier and there's lots of options!! Maybe when your kids grow a bit?? I traveled a lot as a kid and a teenager with my parents and memories of all those travels are one of our most cherished as a family... there's no family dinner or meeting at my parents where we not revisit them!!
heart2.gif

girlhaha.gif
I don't use it that often, but I have!!
girlhaha.gif

"The washer torn it, dear"
th_dunno.gif
girlhaha.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The June Vogue features Chanel's Super & Genial lipsticks! I'm assuming it was Super on the Model - very very pretty on her.

What page dear?? I have it on my lap and must be blind or something today cause I'm unable to find it!!

Show me, show me, show me!!
th_worship.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
What page dear?? I have it on my lap and must be blind or something today cause I'm unable to find it!!

th_worship.gif

I think its page 75. I hope I have the issue right - I saw it at my hairdressers this morning. Unless it was Glamour mag., but I'm pretty sure it was Vogue.
Its featured on the inside cover I believe & then they send you to the article.

elegant-one

Quote:

th_worship.gif

Oh, & if its the same issue I saw - look on the back cover -
th_drool.gif
Its a white J12 Chanel watch
th_drool.gif

Hypathya

^ Nope dear!!
nope.gif
It's not Vogue, at least not June Vogue!!
ssad.gif

June Vogue's page 75 it's an ad!!
lol.gif
Well a Chase Saphire Card ad!!

Hypathya

Mmm, weird!! The chanel white watch it's there!!
drools.gif

I think if I could stop buying make up, I could get it!! But that's not realistic of me!!
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
^ Nope dear!!
nope.gif
It's not Vogue, at least not June Vogue!!
ssad.gif

June Vogue's page 75 it's an ad!!
lol.gif
Well a Chase Saphire Card ad!!

Quote:
Mmm, weird!! The chanel white watch it's there!!
drools.gif

I think if I could stop buying make up, I could get it!! But that's not realistic of me!!
greengrin.gif

th_crazy.gif
I was almost certain it was June - maybe July??
lol.gif
Or, maybe its a different page!

Isn't that watch beautiful!!!
love.gif
I told hubby that he could get the black one & get me the white
greengrin.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Hypathya

^^
lol.gif
th_dunno.gif
I'll look at my Vogue closely. I still don't get the July one.

Yeah that watch rocks!! Your idea it's great!! If only we could afford the two of them!!
lol.gif

Shypo

Is it possible there are different issues for different countries? I know some magazines even have different issues for different parts of the US....

th_dunno.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Is it possible there are different issues for different countries? I know some magazines even have different issues for different parts of the US....

th_dunno.gif

That's what I was wondering because I was pretty sure that it was the June issue....or I am ----->
th_crazy.gif

Any new goodies yet?

Shypo

Quote:
That's what I was wondering because I was pretty sure that it was the June issue....or I am ----->
th_crazy.gif

Any new goodies yet?

nope.gif
No, none yet - I will probably get them (if they came UPS) tomorrow or Monday (fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!) - I can HARDLY wait!!!
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Quote:

th_dunno.gif

Hi!! Cheryl!!
wavey.gif

Nope!!
nope.gif
It's the US Vogue!! It's the only I love!! It's the one I find truly artistic and tasteful!! Had no time to read or look at it carefully, yet.

Camnagem

Quote:
My brother and his family are coming up from South Carolina this weekend - and my brother called to say my mom is joining them
th_DANCE.gif
- I'm so excited!!

I'm just thrilled for you getting to see everyone this weekend! Enjoy your time together, and what a great idea about the pictures...I just know they'll turn out great.

Quote:
We're leaving this weekend to go spend time with our son & his wife, dog & kitty
love.gif
Ah, off to the big city! But I will be back Sun. evening to annoy
th_wink3.gif
& chat.

Aww, I'm so happy for you too! I know you have a great time visiting with them and I'm sure this time will be just as great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
So it sounds like some of us are busy this weekend. We are officially moving out this weekend, so we'll be super busy too, and not sure when we'll get a web account set up at my parents. But I'll be able to check in from work!

Oh how exciting...the first step in the big move! I'll be thinking of you and your family this weekend hoping everything goes smoothly without any little hiccups. Glad you'll be able to check in from work too, we'd miss you around here!

I'm so looking forward to hearing about all of your weekend events ladies! The hubby and I are going to enjoy some frozen drinks and snacks all weekend with friends while watching as much of the World Cup as possible (and calling our dads of course!). We kind of have the revolving door place...everyone comes and goes whenever they want and we love it. No kids for us yet (changing in the next few years) so we're really living it up like kids ourselves until then!

Camnagem

Some fall collection info:

I found most of the new fall collection on NM's website! It's not listed under what's new, but in the actual product sections. The new items aren't shown yet in picture form, but they're listed on the drop down boxes when you go to pick your color. I found most of the collection...minus the JC blushes (Enigma, all 4 Glossimers, the 3 Lipsticks, and both Nail Lacquers are all up now).

All of the items are on Back Order status and have the notation of "Expected to ship no later than 7/7/2010".

That's not too long to wait, hopefully the collection will start showing up elsewhere soon!

coconut

Quote:
Nope. Taupe Grise has a Taupe base, but its a darker charcoal grey - cool tone. ST is warmer with almost a golden sheen in comparison.

Oooh sounds nice. Okay, I guess I still need it! I wore Satin Taupe today and I really like the colour, but I find it looks slightly purplish and definitely has that golden sheen you describe.

Quote:
Oh, & if its the same issue I saw - look on the back cover -
th_drool.gif
Its a white J12 Chanel watch
th_drool.gif

Uhhh yeah...wouldn't mind one of those!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Oooh sounds nice. Okay, I guess I still need it! I wore Satin Taupe today and I really like the colour, but I find it looks slightly purplish and definitely has that golden sheen you describe.

Uhhh yeah...wouldn't mind one of those!

Taupe Grise is really a pretty color especially if you like smokey eyes.

That watch ranges in price from $5000.00 - 18,000.00
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Elegant enjoy your children this weekend!! And the pets too!!
heart2.gif

Ahh!! Men always notice what they shouldn't!!
lol.gif

^^^
girlhaha.gif
nope.gif

Back to topic: Chanel seriously should make Le Cotton a permanent item!! It would be just cruel to give us heaven and then make us go back to regular pads!!

cry.gif
sneaky.gif
tong.gif
Thats what I'm afraid of^ If they sold out that fast, I would hope they would keep them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

Aww, I'm so happy for you too! I know you have a great time visiting with them and I'm sure this time will be just as great.

yes.gif
love.gif
We cannot wait to see them!!!

I'm having a really hard time packing! I can't figure out what to take
ssad.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Taupe Grise is really a pretty color especially if you like smokey eyes.

That watch ranges in price from $5000.00 - 18,000.00
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif

shockt.gif
jawdrop.gif

ssad.gif
cry.gif
weeping.gif

Quote:
cry.gif
sneaky.gif
tong.gif
Thats what I'm afraid of^ If they sold out that fast, I would hope they would keep them!

yes.gif
love.gif
We cannot wait to see them!!!

I'm having a really hard time packing! I can't figure out what to take
ssad.gif

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!
th_DANCE.gif

Oh!! That's what I hate about holidays... packing!! I'm so unpractical I never know what to take and takes me ages to finish!!

Hope you're already done!!
kissy.gif