General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Got my package. Love, love, love Taupe-Delicat. The light side is so eye-brightening. So far I like the new glosses, they seem less scented than the RALs to me. The applicator will take a little getting used to but I don't hate it, it's just something different. ITA on Insouciance
ssad.gif
-- too brown. If you like Praline glossimer you may like it tho. The candy pink one (whatever the name is, I cannot keep these things straight) is very pretty.

th_happy1.gif
th_crazy.gif

Thanks!

purrtykitty

Well, now I know what I'm splurging on - those Les Khakis Les Vernis!! I'm most definitely paring down my FF and VV list.

coconut

I'm glad the nail polishes are making it to North America. I hope, hope, hope they come to Canada. I'm going to be so sad if they don't.

Thanks for the reviews about Enigma being eye brightening vs. bringing out dark circles. I guess I will have to try it directly on my eyes instead of just looking at it in the pan!

I'm not liking the reviews of Insouciance being brown. From the Cafe Makeup swatches it looked like such a nice nude!

Seems like Taupe-Delicat is getting enough good reviews! I'm almost sure I want that one! (whenever we actually get it)

purrtykitty

I'll bet the Les Khakis will be released in Canada, too. There was that rumor that the Orient collection was exclusive to the US, but a month later it was released in Canada at a couple department stores.

coconut

Oh and I used Taupe Grise again today, but I put just a little less heavy of a layer on with a bit thicker of a line of Cassis and I am actually quite happy with the look. I think I will really love it in the fall. But I think I will skip it on days when my dark circles are extra prominent!

I was saving Paradoxal for the fall, but I think I am going to have to try it very soon!

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I'll bet the Les Khakis will be released in Canada, too. There was that rumor that the Orient collection was exclusive to the US, but a month later it was released in Canada at a couple department stores.

I don't think my counter ever got the Orient collection. I'm probably not in a big enough city. Hopefully I am near a counter in a bigger city when/if the Les Khakis are released here. You've given me hope that they will be!

I so wish we could order online.

Shadowy Lady

I have to have those nail polishes. I cannot stop thinking about them since I saw the info on ALU. I really hope they make to Canada and they'll be sold at department stores. We don't have a boutique in my city
ssad.gif

Shypo

I think I'm going to get Confidence and one other - not sure which one yet, and I'm also waiting for Nordies to get them so I can see them in person.......

So glad Taupe-Delicat is a rave - I LOVE mine!! It and Khaki-Clair are my faves and the only ones I kept. I have so many things to try, and so little time
sigh.gif

I have to take hubs to the doctor tomorrow for his first colonoscopy
sick.gif
. He's not feeling too great, but by lunchtime tomorrow he'll be back in the swing of things I hope......

stv578

I need Khaki Rose. Really hope we'll get it somewhere here. Will check with my SA tomorrow.

Miss QQ

Thanks bis, can't wait to see your swatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
My review for the new gloss...

I'm afraid to report that the gloss does not last all that long.
So there it is, my review, clearly I have mixed feelings on this product, but the colour payoff and packaging (outside part!) outweigh the cons!

Thanks! I don't know how I'll like them on my lips too. Does it last as long on your lips as the Aqualumiere gloss? Aqualumiere only last 1 to 2 hours on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

My MAC desires have waned just a lil with all the new Chanel
th_dunno.gif

Me too. That is good for me since I can save the money to fund Chanel, although Chanel is so much more expensive.

Quote:
Got my package. Love, love, love Taupe-Delicat. The light side is so eye-brightening. So far I like the new glosses, they seem less scented than the RALs to me. The applicator will take a little getting used to but I don't hate it, it's just something different. ITA on Insouciance
ssad.gif
-- too brown. If you like Praline glossimer you may like it tho. The candy pink one (whatever the name is, I cannot keep these things straight) is very pretty.

I got a call from the MA saying my Pink Explosion and Misty have arrived. I want PE, but I also want Taupe-Delicat instead of Misty now, since Misty is not as good as what we expected.

The candy pink is Insolence, I guess. So Insolence is prettier than Imaginare? I'm going to buy Confidence, and maybe Insolence/Emoi if I like how they feel and look on my lips.

Anyone has Confidentielle RA? It looks like a rose pink I'll love.

Does anyone have Dynastie RAL? Is it too brown/orange? It looks very close to Mandarin.
th_dunno.gif
I love RAL and I only have Ming and Phoenix. I want to pick up more but there aren't many colours to choose from. I have a sample of Dragon and it's enough for my use. What about Santal? It looks like a nice nude.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
O.M.G!!!! The Les Khakis Le Vernis are going to be ONLINE!!!! September 10th!

Chanel Les Khakis De Chanel Preview | All Lacquered Up

Skittle swatch here: New Camouflage Chanel Collection for fashion Night Out | Sophy Robson

Oh no, that means we will not get it. Again!
There are three boutiques or something like that in all Europe.

Quote:
ssad.gif

If the RALs are even more scented than that, they are not for me. Thanks for that.
Those new glosses are really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
I'm glad the nail polishes are making it to North America. I hope, hope, hope they come to Canada. I'm going to be so sad if they don't.

Thanks for the reviews about Enigma being eye brightening vs. bringing out dark circles. I guess I will have to try it directly on my eyes instead of just looking at it in the pan!

I'm not liking the reviews of Insouciance being brown. From the Cafe Makeup swatches it looked like such a nice nude!

Seems like Taupe-Delicat is getting enough good reviews! I'm almost sure I want that one! (whenever we actually get it)

That's exactly why I wanted it, but when I saw the tester it was off my list.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Thanks! I don't know how I'll like them on my lips too. Does it last as long on your lips as the Aqualumiere gloss? Aqualumiere only last 1 to 2 hours on me!

I have not really tested lasting power on myself yet as I just played around with everything I got for color late yesterday, but...I would guess they will last longer than Aqualumiere glosses because of their thicker consistency. I love the feel of the Aqualumieres but they disappear on me practically before you can say "Aqualumiere"!
tong.gif

Quote:
The candy pink is Insolence, I guess. So Insolence is prettier than Imaginare? I'm going to buy Confidence, and maybe Insolence/Emoi if I like how they feel and look on my lips.

Anyone has Confidentielle RA? It looks like a rose pink I'll love.

I have not seen Imaginaire but I did order Confidentielle RA and I have to say I am not in love with it. Maybe it's just me or my skintone but I dunno, it just seems like the average mid-tone coolish pink to me, nothing too special.
th_dunno.gif

Edited to say: I wore Confidentielle outside in the sunlight today with cooler toned clothes and other makeup and liked it more than I did in inside lighting last night. I'm going to keep it, but I still wouldn't call it a must-have for me.

Cheryl, good luck to your hubby on the colonoscopy. I'm sure he will be feeling better this afternoon! That prep part is always the worst.

stv578

Quote:

I got a call from the MA saying my Pink Explosion and Misty have arrived. I want PE, but I also want Taupe-Delicat instead of Misty now, since Misty is not as good as what we expected.

I actually don't have any aqualumiere glosses, never really found one I really liked, so can't compare the two. But the news gloss for me was comparable to the MAC cremesheens in terms of staying power.

Woo hoo for Pink Explosion!
th_DANCE.gif
You are going to love it! I have use it a lot since getting it! And the SA at my counter swore up and down that Misty Soft was amazing! I told her I was going to skip it, and she said she would be calling me anyway when they get them to at least go and see it, lol!

I'll be heading to the mall today to ask about the khaki polishes and also to look at coffee tables at Pottery Barn!

Miss QQ

Quote:
I have not really tested lasting power on myself yet as I just played around with everything I got for color late yesterday, but...I would guess they will last longer than Aqualumiere glosses because of their thicker consistency. I love the feel of the Aqualumieres but they disappear on me practically before you can say "Aqualumiere"!
tong.gif

I have not seen Imaginaire but I did order Confidentielle RA and I have to say I am not in love with it. Maybe it's just me or my skintone but I dunno, it just seems like the average mid-tone coolish pink to me, nothing too special.
th_dunno.gif

lol.gif
I have a sample of Diamond Rose and the colour disappears in half an hour. I bought Bondi Bench this summer and this can last 1 to 2 hours.

Thanks. My excitement for Confidentielle is decreased, but that is good for my wallet. The other new RAs look pretty too!

Quote:
I actually don't have any aqualumiere glosses, never really found one I really liked, so can't compare the two. But the news gloss for me was comparable to the MAC cremesheens in terms of staying power.

Woo hoo for Pink Explosion!
th_DANCE.gif
You are going to love it! I have use it a lot since getting it! And the SA at my counter swore up and down that Misty Soft was amazing! I told her I was going to skip it, and she said she would be calling me anyway when they get them to at least go and see it, lol!

I'll be heading to the mall today to ask about the khaki polishes and also to look at coffee tables at Pottery Barn!

Thanks. I only have one cremesheen and one aqualumiere gloss. I didn't buy any aqualumiere gloss until Bondi Beach because Diamond Rose (sample I got) was such a disappointment.

Wonder what my MA will say when I tell her I want Taupe-Delicate instead. I'm guessing she will say Misty is gorgeous and I should get it too.
tong.gif

Have fun at the mall! Hopefully they will be having the polishes.

elegant-one

Quote:

I want to go with you too - that sounds like fun! I love PB too
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
th_worship.gif
I would SOOO appreciate that dear!

One swatch coming up. The lighting is not so great, but I hope they help.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
One swatch coming up. The lighting is not so great, but I hope they help.

Thats really pretty! Thanks

So how in color range does Emoi compare to Fatale & Exces - is it more of a straight down the middle cherry red? The color looks lovely

bis

Quote:
Thats really pretty! Thanks

So how in color range does Emoi compare to Fatale & Exces - is it more of a straight down the middle cherry red? The color looks lovely

Émoi is the kind of colour I always fall for. I would describe it more mauvey/purpley than Éxes. Éxes is a straight-up cherry red, like you said. Fatale is a darker cherry red, a bit brown.

Latest posts