General Chanel Chat

stv578

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

so i went by Chanel, and I actually forgot to ask about the khaki polishes!!! When I first got there, it was a new girl, and I was going to pick up Confidence. She didn't even know about the rouge allure glosses, since they're not actually out yet! I opened up the drawer they were in and showed her!!! Anyway, she couldn't find that colour, but she did have Insolence. Aaaahhh, why don't I have any will power? So much for my vow, good thing I take the vows of the marriage kind more seriously!!! So I will be getting a phone call when they do receive Confidence!!! When i was paying, the usual SA came back from lunch and she had Confidence on, she had it over Pink sugar (?) liner, which made it look like a medium rosey pink colour. Not overly unique, but the intensity of the colour for a gloss combined with the shine makes it definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I want to go with you too - that sounds like fun! I love PB too
smiles.gif

I found a really nice coffee table, finally, except it doesn't have the matching side table. Why would they do that?! But they did have really cool throw pillow covers, which I shall be getting!!! Love that place!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
When i was paying, the usual SA came back from lunch and she had Confidence on, she had it over Pink sugar (?) liner, which made it look like a medium rosey pink colour. Not overly unique, but the intensity of the colour for a gloss combined with the shine makes it definitely worth it!

I agree - there's something different about the shine that I really like - they aren't that thick yet they have an almost jelly-ish shine to them...not sure how else to describe it. Pink sugar liner is very pretty. I was thinking earlier that it would look really nice with Confidentielle RA but I haven't tried them together yet.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
I wonder if they'll do phone orders for everything!
drools.gif

Unless their policy has changed, I'm pretty sure they will
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
but she did have Insolence. Aaaahhh, why don't I have any will power?

Ahh, please describe Insolence! Tomorrow (my saks got them yesterday)I'm getting Insolence lg, the Insolent ls & the Rose Insolence np
smiles.gif
Since all the names are so close, I don't even know if I got them right - but yeah, I'm getting the matching 3 & then whatever else looks good in person.

That beautiful holiday brush set is $120
nope.gif

And yes, that makes no sense to not have a matching side table
th_dunno.gif
you have to have a side table!

coconut

I want to hear about Insolence too!

I don't want to know about collections that won't be available to me! Lol!

Yeah, I want the brush set, but I think it is too rich for my blood.

I put Paradoxal on my toes after work today. LOVING it! Unlike many, I don't have any problems with Chanel nail polish (I love how the brush is smaller than OPI...must have small nails...and no problems with application or wear), but this one is particularly good. Applied like a dream. Could have almost done 1 coat, but 2 was perfect, no streaks or bubbles, easy to apply, not much nail polish on the skin despite being a darker colour, nice shiney finish. To top it off, it is a really unique, beautiful colour! I also have Particuliere and Nouvelle Vague, but this is my favourite for sure! Will be loving this one all through fall!

Let us know how you like your new things tomorrow Elegant!

Winthrop44

Insolence gloss is a gorgeous bright candy pink. The color is closer to how it looks on the wand (bolder) than in the swatch on Cafe Makeup. Can't wait to hear what you think of all the other shades elegant! I forgot to mention the other day that I had ordered Rose Insolence np as well - it is gorgeous too!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
I put Paradoxal on my toes after work today. LOVING it!

Let us know how you like your new things tomorrow Elegant!

I will! Hope I remember to take my camera. I haven't worn Paradoxal yet...I'm saving it for fall - which I cannot believe that next month is Sept already!

The saks lady told me that the brush set is so divine - umm, yeah that didn't help
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Um, I had no idea there were LE Le Vernis with the Extrait glosses! Uh-oh!

Yep! The saks lady agrees with Winthrop - she said Rose Insolence np is gorgeous! She even sighed when she told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Insolence gloss is a gorgeous bright candy pink. The color is closer to how it looks on the wand (bolder) than in the swatch on Cafe Makeup. Can't wait to hear what you think of all the other shades elegant! I forgot to mention the other day that I had ordered Rose Insolence np as well - it is gorgeous too!

Aw, that is so nice to know. I just had this feeling today that Saks got everything in already - & yep they did
sneaky.gif
I'm so excited about the set of 3 pinks
yes.gif
I will prolly end up with Fatale too.

Hope you're feeling better!

purrtykitty

My mom's been paying me to clean her house every couple of weeks...hopefully it needs to be cleaned next week. That'll get me a couple of those polishes!

greatscott2000

I'm hoping for some more details and swatches for the Khaki and the Soho collections. I'll be placing a call to the stores in the morning to get a head start on these as FNO is going to be INSANE.
This stuff is on my scavenger hunt list!

purrtykitty

^^You'll have to let us know if they will accept pre-orders. I don't want to miss out on those babies!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I'm hoping for some more details and swatches for the Khaki and the Soho collections. I'll be placing a call to the stores in the morning to get a head start on these as FNO is going to be INSANE.
This stuff is on my scavenger hunt list!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I will vicariously live through you for the Soho collection!
For once I wish they would make those collections available for us over here.

Winthrop44

Quote:
I found a really nice coffee table, finally, except it doesn't have the matching side table. Why would they do that?! But they did have really cool throw pillow covers, which I shall be getting!!! Love that place!

Geesh! I imagine you checked online/the catalog already too, right? I know the sales people at mine are not that aware of everything that's available unless it's in-store. Maybe they'll expand the pieces in the future?

greatscott2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
^^You'll have to let us know if they will accept pre-orders. I don't want to miss out on those babies!

I just called the Soho boutique and they are not taking pre-orders at this time
( the MUA's just had a debrief about the collection yesterday) but they will sell and possible pre-order the day of FNO - Sept 10th. She advised that I should call back later to see if there are any updates as they are still getting info for FNO.
th_DANCE.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
No, it was the Cafe link. But, thanks that helps. On the cafe link it appears that she may have called Insolent ls Imaginaire ???

There is no Imaginaire lipstick on the chanel site - so yep, I am confused. It is on KS site.

I just noticed on NM online that there is an RA called Imagination -- that may be what she swatched on Cafe Makeup. It sounds like what she swatched may not be a new shade the way she talks about it?

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:

Hey I work in furniture retail and from what I know of PB's products the concept behind not having matching side tables is to force you to by something that will compliment it and create a unique space instead of a typical one. I ADORE mixing woods and styles. Gahh you probably got something gorgeous! Send a link if you can find one. I really want to work a PB buyer...*sigh*

But back to Chanel..is everyone still hating the DUOs?

Miss QQ

I recall there was a RA called Imagination before.
yes.gif

I want Insolence np too!
love.gif