General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

I really like those two pink ones (shocking, I know) Insolence and Confidence, and the nude one Insouciance. Anyone know the pricepoint of these?

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oops, so sorry dear! Its an Asia exclusive blush - however, I am not sure where all it was sold - just not the USA
ssad.gif
And a few of us would like to get our hands on it
smiles.gif

Ouch, hehe. Well, it is a fact: I was totally lost in the conversation!
th_DANCE.gif

Hope you get it, it seems really really nice from the pics I've seen.

Regarding the RAL's I am almost 100% positive that I will get Insouciance first, and then maybe, I'll just throw myself into some strong colour!

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I really like those two pink ones (shocking, I know) Insolence and Confidence, and the nude one Insouciance. Anyone know the pricepoint of these?

I'm loving those pinks too...in a serious way (they're $32).

With the recent trio of "Oh shit" incidents I can only get 1 for now and I'm having a hell of a time deciding! I'm actually thinking about skipping out on MAC's feline collection entirely and getting a few more of these instead. Decisions!

Miss QQ

^^ Confidence, since it is LE.
winks.gif

Quote:
Cool - thanks, I will go look!

Oh, great - now I like the raspberry one too - Emoi.

I think I will get Fatale
winks.gif

I like Emoi.
yes.gif

Quote:
ok peeps...I am so determined to get us Pink Cloud
girlhaha.gif

She told me how she thought it was funny how there, everyone uses these whitening creams etc. on their skin & in the states everyone is into tanning their skin
tong.gif

Hope you can get Pink Cloud!

Yes, Asians like to be as fair as possible. The teenagers may like to tan, but as they grow older they realise the beauty (our concept) of being pale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I don't think I could stay away from this thread completely! Besides, I have enough now in my collection that I can contribute to the thread some of the time, i hope anyway!

And I find Enigma does the same thing for me too! And ditto with Kaska Beige, so I'm telling ya, we must have extremely similar toned skin!!!

Cheers on the skin tones so alike!
yes.gif
Do share with us about all your Chanel items, even if they aren't new.

stv578

My review for the new gloss...

I'm afraid to report that the gloss does not last all that long. Not even close to the glossimers, which for me will stay on somewhat even after I've had a drink. I had my iced latte this morning, and the gloss pretty much wore off entirely using a straw. I also didn't really like the applicator, it's a variation of the doe foot applicator, only that it's tapered to a point, which I found kinda awkward to apply. The texture wasn't that great either, I much prefer the glossimers, which I find to be sticky, but not suffocating. This one definitely feels heavier, although it wasn't too bad over the Rouge Coco.

However... the coverage on this is quite good! Considering that the colour i got is supposedly the most sheer of the bunch, this definitely had decent colour payoff for a gloss on its own. I'm pretty sure that the rest will have even better coverage than this. I think the lasting power of these could benefit from the use of liner underneath. Even though I said I was on a no-buy, I will pick up Confidence because it is LE and because of the coverage that these offer. I also think that colour will be a nice light dusty pink shade for the fall.

And finally... I wore Imaginaire today over Chintz, and the combo made for a really pretty light corally-pink shade, a very happy colour!

So there it is, my review, clearly I have mixed feelings on this product, but the colour payoff and packaging (outside part!) outweigh the cons!

bis

^^ Thanks for your review. I actually liked the applicator more than I expected. Works great to apply the colour around the cupids bow.

To me they feel like Cremesheen Glosses with more coverage, just a bit heavier and more pigmented.

And I bought Confidence yesterday, I have three now. For Insouciance I had high hopes, but it looked too brown.

Honey&LemonGirl

The Extrait de Gloss collection (glosses, matching RAs, and LVs) is on the website now. Now the dilemma is how many/which ones to purchase!!
ssad.gif

Do we know if the new RAs are LE or perm? Insolente is looking very cute.
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Ouch, $32?! I'm supposed to be on a lippie no-buy, but maybe I just get Confidence, for now. It's LE, after all.
greengrin.gif
My Felines and Villains hauls are going to be tiny. Being away from the discussions have allowed me to truly view the products as they are, rather than falling for the hype. I'm allowing myself three items from each (and no lippies). So far, the swatches haven't really impressed me...so maybe I won't even end up getting all three items.
th_dunno.gif
I guess I could always save up for more Chanel!
th_wink3.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
And I bought Confidence yesterday, I have three now. For Insouciance I had high hopes, but it looked too brown.

Would you describe the color of Confidence ?

TIA

genduk26

Quote:

The texture wasn't that great either, I much prefer the glossimers, which I find to be sticky, but not suffocating. This one definitely feels heavier, although it wasn't too bad over the Rouge Coco.

that's what i'm afraid of.
ssad.gif

Should i get Confidence even though it's too light & sheer for me?

anyway, i found this link
Lushious Beauty Blog Archive Les Khakis de Chanel - Vogue’s fashion’s night out
she said it will be available at the Chanel Fashion boutiques. there's a hope.
th_dunno.gif

bis

Quote:
Would you describe the color of Confidence ?

TIA

Dirty pink, rose. I can get you a swatch tomorrow if you want.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Dirty pink, rose. I can get you a swatch tomorrow if you want.

th_worship.gif
I would SOOO appreciate that dear!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ouch, $32?! I'm supposed to be on a lippie no-buy, but maybe I just get Confidence, for now. It's LE, after all.
greengrin.gif
My Felines and Villains hauls are going to be tiny. Being away from the discussions have allowed me to truly view the products as they are, rather than falling for the hype. I'm allowing myself three items from each (and no lippies). So far, the swatches haven't really impressed me...so maybe I won't even end up getting all three items.
th_dunno.gif
I guess I could always save up for more Chanel!
th_wink3.gif

Me too. I'm only getting like 1 thing - a quad from Felines & 3-4 things from VV 3 blushes & maybe one lippie - thats it.

elegant-one

Quote:

I'm afraid to report that the gloss does not last all that long.

However... the coverage on this is quite good!
So there it is, my review, clearly I have mixed feelings on this product, but the colour payoff and packaging (outside part!) outweigh the cons!

I'm on the fence about Imaginaire
th_dunno.gif
I think I will just wait until I see all the colors in person just to be sure. Did you swatch the pink ls Insolence (sp)

shontay07108

I didn't notice the applicator on the new glosses until I looked around on the website the other day. I have to sit these out for that reason. I hate that kind of applicator, seriously. Like, I hate it with a passion. So sad.

elegant-one

Quote:
1) Woo hoo! I'll make sure to stock up on the spirits!
graucho.gif

2) I just told my husband we're going to have visitors from the U.S. in the new house, he looked quite confused!

3) This is quite amusing!

th_worship.gif
The queen enabler, to become the queen supplier?

1)
girlhaha.gif
drinkup.gif
In that case Thelma & Louise will pick up Karin too

2)That is hilarious! I love to throw out a curve ball like that..& laugh to myself
greengrin.gif
...men
nope.gif
tong.gif

3)
lol.gif
What a twist of events eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm loving those pinks too...in a serious way (they're $32).

With the recent trio of "Oh shit" incidents I can only get 1 for now and I'm having a hell of a time deciding! I'm actually thinking about skipping out on MAC's feline collection entirely and getting a few more of these instead. Decisions!

I HATE that crap! But yes, the pinks look delicious.
th_hug.gif

My MAC desires have waned just a lil with all the new Chanel
th_dunno.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
^^ Thanks for your review. I actually liked the applicator more than I expected. Works great to apply the colour around the cupids bow.

To me they feel like Cremesheen Glosses with more coverage, just a bit heavier and more pigmented.

Got my package. Love, love, love Taupe-Delicat. The light side is so eye-brightening. So far I like the new glosses, they seem less scented than the RALs to me. The applicator will take a little getting used to but I don't hate it, it's just something different. ITA on Insouciance
ssad.gif
-- too brown. If you like Praline glossimer you may like it tho. The candy pink one (whatever the name is, I cannot keep these things straight) is very pretty.

Latest posts