General Chanel Chat

TheTeenageMuse

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

I finally broke down and bought the Enigma quad, I dare say it's love.

On the other hand FF came out today and I like 3 of the new eyeliners (Gold,Olive,Navy) + the Old Gold Piggy. Should I buy them...I legit have negative dollars.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
greengrin.gif
And yes! I love Insolence & all the colors I got. My Saks Chanel lady told me that they sold out of Fatale. I didn't get it the day I was there because I got Exces instead - so I HAD to have it.

Enjoy the glosses! I'm waiting for them to launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Hi Nora! Do you have Legende yet? It's sort of a mid-toned plummy pink on me........

I have brought my mini sample of Legende out with me today!
love.gif
It is very pigmented.

Sass

So I was a little disappointed with MAC yesterday so I went to the Chanel counters afterwards and I purchased that Enigma quad. Yay! I was actually going over there to see Paradoxal in person, but I like the quad better!!! Yay again!!!! Now, let's see if these shadows will look good on me. Cheeeese!!!!
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Okay, recs for a light to mid tone plummy pink? It can be either a Rouge Allure or Coco, i like 'em both! I'm in the mood for a nice plummy pink!

I have been looking for the same color! There was a l/s from the FF collection called Aristo-cat that looked gorgeous, until I realized it was a frost (I can't pull those off). So I have been looking for a great plummy pink too. Let me know if you find the perfect shade
smiles.gif

I am not as impressed with the FF collection as I thought I would be -- so more money for Chanel!
tong.gif

I have been crazy busy with back to school stuff for the kids and their activities starting again . . . I have become a taxi once again lol

purrtykitty

ITA, MAC has just been phoning it in, lately. I guess that's a good thing (for my wallet) because at least I'm not spending loads of cash on the must-haves from BOTH MAC and Chanel.

Sass

I'm late, but this Enigma quad is hot. I applied everything effortlessly. I think I picked up my 224 two times...one eye each. I love the shimmer in it. Lovely evening palette although I worked it out for daytime as I am wearing it now at work. Pure love. I want another palette.

Shhhh don't tell anybody...

I feel like I should take back all the MAC ish I bought from FF and get another Chanel quad and Paradoxal. *hiding under her desk*

Ingenue

Quote:
LADIES!!!!! I found a Chanel.com FREE ship code!!!!! NO WAITING until Sept 1 WOOT!

But you have to do it a certain way:

When you are ready to check out select the cheap ground shipping FIRST -
then add this code into the promo box - 0610NYLON

th_happy1.gif
Happy shopping!!!! I just ordered Fatale
greengrin.gif

Dang!
ssad.gif
I just spent a MINT at Chanel.com too! Ah well, I can't really be so sad... shipping wasn't that expensive. Still, it would have been nice to save a few $$.

I saw that pixiwoos tutorial... GORGEOUS!
th_wink3.gif

Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
Dang!
ssad.gif
I just spent a MINT at Chanel.com too! Ah well, I can't really be so sad... shipping wasn't that expensive. Still, it would have been nice to save a few $$.

th_wink3.gif

Which is how I ended up Enigma palette and almost that blush as well.
th_LMAO.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
I'm late, but this Enigma quad is hot. I applied everything effortlessly. I think I picked up my 224 two times...one eye each. I love the shimmer in it. Lovely evening palette although I worked it out for daytime as I am wearing it now at work. Pure love. I want another palette.

I feel like I should take back all the MAC ish I bought from FF and get another Chanel quad and Paradoxal. *hiding under her desk*

I need Enigma in my life! I keep buying glossimers and lipsticks, but I need some quads!

Quote:
Dang!
ssad.gif

th_wink3.gif

I know, I don't like that $10 shipping charge at Chanel.com. I really think high end companies should offer complimentary shipping!

elegant-one

Quote:
I'm late, but this Enigma quad is hot.

yes.gif
ahh, I agree - I LOVE love it! Every color in it
heart.gif

Quote:
Dang!
ssad.gif

th_wink3.gif

Ah crap! You do get free ship at $150 any time. Shopping at Chanel adds up pretty darn fast. I make sure that I never ever pay shipping no matter where I shop
th_dunno.gif
tong.gif

Camnagem

Quote:

Enigma is perfection!
love.gif

No desk hiding, not when you're looking smokin with that quad on!
graucho.gif

More and more of my "MAC budget" is spent on Chanel now, and it's just a constant love train for me. Don't be ashamed, be proud! All of us here in this thread can totally relate.
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I need Enigma in my life! I keep buying glossimers and lipsticks, but I need some quads!

Yes! You need Enigma! Besides being an awesome quad...I think it'll look stunning on you!
heart.gif

elegant-one

If you love the Enigma quad, you will love (need) Cassis to go with it!

I paired up Cassis with some of the new FF MAC & its one of the best liner colors.

purrtykitty

I still haven't gotten the Enigma quad! There are just so many other things I want to get my hands on...like those LE polishes!

I think I need to weed through my MAC stash and see if there's more stuff I can sell to support my new Chanel habit.
graucho.gif
lol.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:

Meh, I'd wait it out. Yet still return the FF stuff. Neither the quad or polish are LE so get other Chanel products instead! Plum Attraction JC was amazing on NC45. Plus the LE Khaki polishes are coming up!

Also glad to see that I wasn't the only one Pixiwoo's vid motivated. I never try to copy they're looks or use their techniques I just like to watch them work. But I came home and froze every frame trying to emulate it. Twas a fail.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
More and more of my "MAC budget" is spent on Chanel now, and it's just a constant love train for me

Same here! I am so proud of myself. I actually went to my MAC counter and left empty handed and had stuff in my online cart twice and emptied it both times. I am officially FF-less and over it! In the meantime I got Rivoli and Rouge Noir Rouge Cocos and Fatale and Exces Extrait de glosses! Love them all.
heart.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I got Rivoli and Rouge Noir Rouge Cocos and Fatale and Exces Extrait de glosses! Love them all.
heart.gif

Really! How's Fatale on?

well, I was a wee bit on both sides of the Chanel MAC fence this week
tong.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Same here! I am so proud of myself. I actually went to my MAC counter and left empty handed and had stuff in my online cart twice and emptied it both times. I am officially FF-less and over it! In the meantime I got Rivoli and Rouge Noir Rouge Cocos and Fatale and Exces Extrait de glosses! Love them all.
heart.gif

Can u PLEASE PLEASE swatch Rouge Noir for me? I'm dying to see a swatch and no one seems to have it
ssad.gif
. It would be lovely if you could compare it to other vampy lipsticks u might have in ur stash
winkiss.gif

Winthrop44

Absolutely.
smiles.gif
I will try to do it early next week.

In the meantime, Karla has a swatch:

Chanel-Rouge-Coco-Reds - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

Cafe Makeup has some pics too:

Chanel Rouge Coco Review and Swatches – Rouge Noir Café Makeup

Chanel Vamp – The Battle of the Two Rouge Noir Lipsticks Café Makeup

Here she compares RN and Rivoli to Burberry Prune:

Burberry Beauty – Prune Soft Satin Lipstick Café Makeup

Quote:
Really! How's Fatale on?

It's gorgeous! I think you might have said you don't see the brown in it? I don't either. I love all of the shades I got but I think Insolence is still my fave.

elegant-one

Quote:
It's gorgeous! I think you might have said you don't see the brown in it? I don't either. I love all of the shades I got but I think Insolence is still my fave.

I agree, I absolutely love Insolence. It just may be my fave gloss of all time. Yeah, there's no brown in Fatale
tong.gif
Mine just shipped.

elegant-one

^Rivoli looks beautiful! I will have to check that one out for sure. I am going to get Ballet Russe eventually.

Latest posts