General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I need Enigma in my life! I keep buying glossimers and lipsticks, but I need some quads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I still haven't gotten the Enigma quad! There are just so many other things I want to get my hands on...like those LE polishes!

You want Enigma! It is creamy, pigmented, and wearable both day and night!
love.gif

MAC doesn't excite me much any more. On the other hand, Chanel keeps me excited and satisfied with their products, leaving me wanting more.
heart.gif

stv578

Hey hey everyone!

Haven't had much time lately to come on, super busy at work and trying to get in some extra hours before we move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Hi Nora! Do you have Legende yet? It's sort of a mid-toned plummy pink on me........

Hi Cheryl!

I do!!! I have yet to wear it, but atm I want something a bit lighter.

Quote:
I have been looking for the same color! There was a l/s from the FF collection called Aristo-cat that looked gorgeous, until I realized it was a frost (I can't pull those off). So I have been looking for a great plummy pink too. Let me know if you find the perfect shade
smiles.gif

I'm going to check out the Dior addict l/s, there were a few shades that I saw on Karlasugar that may work. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Quote:
I need Enigma in my life! I keep buying glossimers and lipsticks, but I need some quads!

Hate to enable, but I am so happy with this quad as well! It's just so quick and easy to use, which is huge for me! I haven't even touched the purple shade yet, waiting for the cooler weather for that one. I highly recommend it, and definitely worth the money!

I hear ya on getting ready for school. My baby girl will be starting this year, and it's definitely bitter sweet, but also meant twice the shopping compared to last year! I even picked up their winter coats already at the Gap's f&f sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Same here! I am so proud of myself. I actually went to my MAC counter and left empty handed and had stuff in my online cart twice and emptied it both times. I am officially FF-less and over it! In the meantime I got Rivoli and Rouge Noir Rouge Cocos and Fatale and Exces Extrait de glosses! Love them all.
heart.gif

I've made a point of staying away from the MAC threads!!! I haven't even had the slightest itch lately to go by MAC, even though I've passed either a counter or a f/s store many times in my travels the last few weeks! Funny how most of us have shifted our attention to Chanel!

Honey&LemonGirl

News on the new Soho Story collection with lots of pictures and descriptions of the product from the mouth of Peter Philips himself!

Beauty Counter blog: Insider tips on beauty products, hair, makeup, skincare, fragrances, spas, and salons Blog Archive EXCLUSIVE: Peter Philips’ Chanel Soho Collection, In His Own Words

Supposedly, the collection is supposed to debut online on September 7th.

Prices:
Soho de Chanel Palette (the embossed highlighter/blush palette): $65
Quadra Eyeshadow in Stupendous (beige/brown/"prune"/steel): $56
Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Stunning (beige pink): $30
Glossimer in Star (shimmery pink): $27
Rouge Allure Laque in Stunt (soft mauve): $32
Nail Colour in Strong and Steel (blackened red shimmer & blackened steel shimmer): $23

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
News on the new Soho Story collection with lots of pictures and descriptions of the product from the mouth of Peter Philips himself!

Beauty Counter blog: Insider tips on beauty products, hair, makeup, skincare, fragrances, spas, and salons Blog Archive EXCLUSIVE: Peter Philips’ Chanel Soho Collection, In His Own Words

Supposedly, the collection is supposed to debut online on September 7th.

Prices:
Soho de Chanel Palette (the embossed highlighter/blush palette): $65
Quadra Eyeshadow in Stupendous (beige/brown/"prune"/steel): $56
Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Stunning (beige pink): $30
Glossimer in Star (shimmery pink): $27
Rouge Allure Laque in Stunt (soft mauve): $32
Nail Colour in Strong and Steel (blackened red shimmer & blackened steel shimmer): $23

They had a preview at my counter. So I don't know if you've all seen the products too. But...

-I think you all may like the Blush palette but it didn't seem all that special to me. Plus the blush portion was so small it seemed like highlighter would get everywhere.
-I wasn't too impressed by the look of the quad but it might swatch well. Actually the more I think about it the more I'm setting money aside.
-I didn't see the Rouge Coco/RAL but they sound exciting!
-The Glossimer is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS, it's what I was hoping the Rodarte-MAC lipglosses would look like. I just hope it's as nice on the lips. It looked more lilac marbled with pink?
-I'm still on the fence with the nails, Strong looks like it'll be dubaple for any dark red OPI shimmer and it looks like Steel might turn into a cult-fave but I just bought an ORLY that seems similar.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^Rivoli looks beautiful! I will have to check that one out for sure. I am going to get Ballet Russe eventually.

Too funny -- that is the other one I was looking at too!

elegant-one

Quote:
Too funny -- that is the other one I was looking at too!

smiles.gif
Its just a bit lighter burgundy/maroon I thought - not so dark but dark.

elegant-one

WOW - I HAVE to have both the steele & red nps!!!

yeppers - I really love the colors in the quad too
heart.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
They had a preview at my counter. So I don't know if you've all seen the products too. But...

-I wasn't too impressed by the look of the quad but it might swatch well. Actually the more I think about it the more I'm setting money aside.

Did the quad look like Mystic Eyes? It kinda looks that way on my monitor but it might just be my monitor!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I hear ya on getting ready for school. My baby girl will be starting this year, and it's definitely bitter sweet

Aww, all ready.
cry.gif
I cried when our son left for 1st grade, high school, college, marriage....
nope.gif
I'm such a sentimental ol softy I guess.
I'm sure she'll be smart & enjoy everything!

Did you guys see the new pigment colors for MAC's holiday Tartan Tale
th_drool.gif

Winthrop44

I had a chance to take the pic today, so here ya go:

1743328.JPG

MAC Mattenes Bing - Night Violet - Kirsch - Chanel Rouge Cocos Rouge Noir - Rivoli

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

Did you guys see the new pigment colors for MAC's holiday Tartan Tale
th_drool.gif

This is the one of the MAC collection I am dying for. I am Irish and Scottish -- if the packaging is plaid -- I will buy out the collection for myself and 2 sisters
smiles.gif

Camnagem

That SOHO collection...
graucho.gif

I have to have that Steel NP! The RC sounds promising (pink beige always grabs my attention, lol) and I really like the looks of the e/s quad.

Oh Chanel, I love you!
love.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Did the quad look like Mystic Eyes? It kinda looks that way on my monitor but it might just be my monitor!

I had to google mystic eyes but I'd say Soho's is significantly different.

The top brown isn't as blackened as the Mystic Eye's version.
The pink isn't as white.
The silver, is not a silver IMO at all. This was the one colour that stood out to me and made me go :O, "must have quad." I can't quite place the name though, let's just call it Tea Green. I googled 'names of light green' and then found that colour on Wikipedia if you want to see it. LOL.
The light sort of beige is definitely nothing like the brown of Mystic Eyes.

Sorry, I'm really bad at thinking of dupes. But yeah sorry your going to shell out 60 bucks for this baby. He's NICE. I'm going to go again Tuesday and be back with better details.

elegant-one

Quote:
I had a chance to take the pic today, so here ya go:
MAC Mattenes Bing - Night Violet - Kirsch - Chanel Rouge Cocos Rouge Noir - Rivoli

Rivoli looks so pretty! I always think that it says Ravioli
tong.gif

Quote:
This is the one of the MAC collection I am dying for. I am Irish and Scottish -- if the packaging is plaid -- I will buy out the collection for myself and 2 sisters
smiles.gif

yes.gif
I'm Irish, English & German. I think its going to be a great collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Les Khakis de Chanel collection swatches:

lacquerized. - a blog about nail polish: Chanel Les Khakis Collection Swatches!

Khaki vert looks so gorgeous!

^ They look lovely on

SmokeSignal16

So the SoHo collection will be online?! Which site will it be on??
shockt.gif
*Gets ready to mark calendar*

EDIT: Okay nevermind I read it said Chanel.com
blush-anim-cl.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Les Khakis de Chanel collection swatches:

lacquerized. - a blog about nail polish: Chanel Les Khakis Collection Swatches!

Khaki vert looks so gorgeous!

iagree.gif
I love the swatch!
love.gif
Khaki Rose is so neutral chic!
heart.gif
I'm least attracted to Khaki Brun, so let's see if I will pass when I see it iRL.

That Soho quad does look like a cousin of Mystic eyes to me. Thanks for pointing out the differences, TheTeenageMuse, you are right. However, since it is only available online, I guess I'm not going to get my hands on this collection.

I wore Pink Explosion for the first time yesterday and I fell in love with it. It is a happy, face brightening pink! I love Chintz too, so glad I purchased it. But I kept thinking about Rose Dentelle too, do I need it? Or should I wait for Magnolia RC from the holiday collection?

Miss QQ

Temptalia has swatches of Marine and Jade eyeliner. Her swatches look bright - Marine didn't look this bright to me previously. Nevertheless, Jade looks beautiful.
drools.gif

I just applied Paradoxal and it has this mysterious sheen when it captures light that draws me in. It applies so smoothly too, I skipped the top coat! I keep staring at my nails.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Latest posts