General Chanel Chat

bis

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Hi, how are you guys all doing?

Even though I initially discarded it in the shop, I am still thinking about the Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance. It looked very brown in the tube.
Do you think it might work for me? I am NC15/20, black hair and very pigmented lips.
I have some duty free shopping coming up
graucho.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I wore Exces today with a lil Salsa Rose blush & no other makeup but concealer
heart.gif
I LOVE LOVE Exces so much! How weird to be able to wear a beautiful red without a bunch of other makeup
th_dunno.gif
but it just works.

Ahhh, this makes me want to order my Chanel goodies soon!!

Got hired for a new job this week, and my first paycheck will definitely be going towards a few of the Extrait de Gloss! Do I need both Exces and Fatale? Confidence, Insolence, and maybe even Genie are already on my list. And then I need to think about the holidays... (Magnolia RC, you will be mine!!)

I cut off all of my (quite long) hair recently, to a super-short pixie cut. I think it has changed the kind of makeup I look good in (and how much makeup I look good in). It's exciting! I feel like I'm discovering/experimenting with makeup for the first time all over again!!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
^ bis, Temptalia just posted a picture of Rose Byrne at the Emmy Awards wearing Insouciance. It doesn't look too brown on her at all.

Rose Byrne @ 2010 Emmy Awards Makeup & Dress Photos

Thanks, it does not look at all bad. Same when the girl from Cafe Makeup is wearing it.
th_dunno.gif

I wish I could try them out, but the testers at this one counter are where people use the real applicator. Even the SA uses them to apply it to her lips.

I think I need to watch them again. Hope you are getting yours soon.

And congratulations on the new job and hair cut
smiles.gif

Almus

Although I am pretty sure, I am gonna ask anyway, Soho collection will be available only online in the USA right or is it making it to the counters everywhere? I haven't been able to find that information (or maybe I am just too slepy
ssad.gif
)

Miss QQ

^^ I also think that it is only available online in the US. However, previously there were location exclusive collections, eg London Madness and Tokyo collections, which made their way to only one or two counters here, and there were very limited stocks.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ I also think that it is only available online in the US. However, previously there were location exclusive collections, eg London Madness and Tokyo collections, which made their way to only one or two counters here, and there were very limited stocks.

Thank you MisQQ.

That's not nice
ssad.gif
I could have used Steel n/p, the RAL in Stunt and the RC in Stunning at least. Well anyway, I'll go enjoy my fall collection goodies
th_DANCE.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Even though I initially discarded it in the shop, I am still thinking about the Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance. It looked very brown in the tube.
Do you think it might work for me? I am NC15/20, black hair and very pigmented lips.

It depends what you're looking for. If you like Praline glossimer then you may like it. I also have pigmented lips and it was too brown on me (I was hoping it would be more like Boy Bait). I returned mine.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
So what time is everyone thinking of stalking the Chanel site for SoHo? Should have our own lil watch/haul party!
th_DANCE.gif

I was wondering the exact same thing. I do know that Chanel is not quite as reliable in their info & launching as MAC. I will be a stalker for sure
sneaky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I know, red lips needs so much work. Now I need Exces too!
th_wink3.gif

yes.gif
I don't know if its the sheerness or just the color of Exces or both, but I could wear it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Ahhh, this makes me want to order my Chanel goodies soon!!

Got hired for a new job this week, and my first paycheck will definitely be going towards a few of the Extrait de Gloss! Do I need both Exces and Fatale? Confidence, Insolence, and maybe even Genie are already on my list. And then I need to think about the holidays... (Magnolia RC, you will be mine!!)

I cut off all of my (quite long) hair recently

icon_eek.gif
really, you cut very long hair off - I don't think I could ever do that. But if you love it then that is all that matters. Congrats on the new job - that always requires a celebration of new makeup
tong.gif

My Fatale is out for delivery
greengrin.gif
so I'll comment later on the color comparison when I get it.
If you love pinks, Insolence is a must as its one of the prettiest pinks on - ever.

purrtykitty

I know the Orient Extreme products showed up online long before the actual launch. I plan to be stalking the site regularly between now and the official launch...just in case. I'm CP'ing for some people (in addition to buying for myself) and I don't want to miss out. I hate letting people down.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
It depends what you're looking for. If you like Praline glossimer then you may like it. I also have pigmented lips and it was too brown on me (I was hoping it would be more like Boy Bait). I returned mine.

I was hoping it would be a more pigmented Boy Bait. Thanks a lot for your feedback
smiles.gif

genduk26

Ladies, do you think Strong & Steel n/p will still available on September 10 when i order Khakis n/p?

purrtykitty

Given that the Soho Collection is supposed to only be available at the Soho boutique and online, I'm guessing Steel and Strong are going to sell out fast.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Given that the Soho Collection is supposed to only be available at the Soho boutique and online, I'm guessing Steel and Strong are going to sell out fast.

th_crazy.gif
^^^give me makeup anxiety
lol.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

Thanks Karin. I guess i have to order separately.

elegant-one

Just got & tried on Fatale - GORGEOUS!

It is the most beautiful red gloss ever I think. It reminds me of Cyndi Viva Glam lipstick but deeper & more blue. When you look at the applicator it looks like it has a slight plum base, but on the lips its a true gorgeous little bit deeper red.

Exces is more strawberry (slight pink base) & lil brighter on.

When I apply mine, I slightly wipe the clump of gloss off on the inside of the tube then only swipe my bottom lip & then smoosh/smack my lips together. I'll apply a lil bit more with a fairly drier foot to the upper lip line if needed. That way it isn't overly applied.

I love these glosses over anything else.

stv578

This low/no buy thing is quite hard! I bought a couple of OPI polishes today, but it's just not the same! Still waiting for Confidence extrait de gloss and may go and b2m for something, and then...
tumbleweed.gif

stv578

Thanks Winthrop! That made me chuckle, it's so true! Maybe I can actually use up a few things over the next couple years as well!!!

Miss QQ

Stay strong, stv578!
th_hug.gif
I can't wait for the extrait de gloss to come too!

I know many of you rave about Cassis and I have to join in now too! I'm a little late but I can't stop wearing it now.
love.gif
It is not as strong as black, and not really brown or plum, which is probably why it goes with almost everything!

Latest posts