General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Hey everyone!

I had a message on my cell today that Confidence is in!
th_DANCE.gif

The duos are in too, I'll have a look at them, but won't be picking any up for now, since I've been using my Enigma quad quite a bit, along with a Stila quad I put together myself 6 years ago that my husband found when we were moving! I'm back to wanting Misty Soft and the Taupe duo.

Should I be concerned that my Mom is making butt jokes with my 4 and 5 years old?!

Well, they're a lil young...how bad are the jokes
tong.gif
nope.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Kay, so I'm a major fail when it comes to describing things. I was WAY off on the quad.

The dark brown to me is a deepened Glamour Check by MAC.
The steel is indeed silver, no hints of green whatsoever..I think I was just making things up. Reminds me of Silver Fog piggy by MAC.
And the other two are just plain.

The gloss looks like it's going to be very silvery. Its not marble-y either.

Sorry if I got anyone excited.
ssad.gif

Strong nailpolish is starting to look more and more beautiful.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
Kay, so I'm a major fail when it comes to describing things. I was WAY off on the quad.

The steel is indeed silver, no hints of green whatsoever..I think I was just making things up. Reminds me of Silver Fog piggy by MAC.

ssad.gif

Big thanks! Saves me a wad of cash. Just the two nail polishes for me, then!

Does anyone else wish there was a quad coming out with the Les Khakis polishes? Can you imagine the gorgeousness that would be a coordinating quad?
th_drool.gif

User38

heart.gif
fluffy.gif
wavey.gif
Waves to all the Chanel ladies -- I have missed your lovely and well informed posts
yes.gif

Glad to see everyone is doing well and is buying up Chanel (or attempting to!) ~~ I bought some RAL in Exces and Fatale, PA blush -- which looks way dark but is fabulous when put on, as well as some Dolce Gabbana, ES, lippies and gloss which looked beyond gorgeous..

life is moving on... and I am back to the _ork world
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif
to all!

ISa

Miss QQ

^^
yes.gif
The quad would have been more unique than the Soho quad.

ShadowyLady, let us know if you buy the new RA l/s. You have such good taste for lip colours!

So it's confirmed that the new extrait de gloss will replace Aqualumiere glosses? Karla says it too. Feels to me that the Aqualumiere glosses aren't so successful after all, since they are to be replaced just slightly after two years since they premiered. At least I have bought one before they are gone.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Vanities is pretty to look at, but I didn't find it to have very good pigmentation. The colors were all kinda chalky.

ETA: I swung by one of the Chanel counters on my way to my orthodontist appointment, and I picked up the last Cosmic Violine Le Vernis. Such a pretty, shimmery fall polish!

Thanks. Money is saved!
smiles.gif
Enjoy the np! It is beautiful!

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse

ssad.gif

Hmmm well if the colors aren't too exciting I may just get some other stuff instead on my list!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
kissy.gif
Thanks for the explanation.

Always my pleasure!!
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Thank you very much for your recommendations
th_hug.gif
It's nice to read from you again!

I am heading to the beach. See you later ladies!

It's so nice to be here!! :wnkiss:
Hey!! Would you take me with you??? It's sooo rainy and cold here... I haven't seen the sun in a week!!
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Hello!
wavey.gif
Great to see you here again!
th_hug.gif

I got the Orient collection so perhaps I will be getting Soho too, like you said, at that counter!

So when are you buying the fall collection? Can't wait to hear about your haul! Pink Explosion and Chintz are amazing. I don't have Rose Dentelle but I keep thinking about it.
tong.gif

It's great to see you too!!
kissy.gif

Let's cross fingers, sweetie!! I hope you get it at the store you want it!!
winkiss.gif

I think, I might get it all!!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Hi again all! I just got some Chanel goodies when my bf came home from his trip. The new one that I haven't tried before is the Précision Total Eye Lift. Has anyone tried this? I have high hopes for it.
yes.gif

I was at Chanel counter few days ago and I was looking at Vanites quad and was thinking how very beautiful the dark purple was. I thought I should get the quad but luckily I didn't, at home when I went through my quads I found out I already have it. This is the first time I forgot I already have something...
shockt.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Does this mean I'm getting old or I have too much makeup?

lol.gif
It's not that you have too much make up, it's just you're not giving love all of it!!
th_kiss.gif

I have shared my thoughts on Precision Total Eye Lift, but I don't know where it is!!

PTEL is AMAZING!! It's a package of 10 eye-patches (each one sealed) and an eye roller. The eye roller it's the best. They're meant to be used as a cure, a weekly treatment or an emergency one.

You're supposed to apply the roller all over your eyes (it's really refreshing) and then the patches for 10-30 min.

It's perfect when you've been with the flu, cried your eyes out, or had a sleepless night. It takes almost all the damage off. It really depuffs and brightens those dark circles.

If worn everyday the 10 days, truly take time from your eye area. You can also take them to your facial therapist and have them worn during your facial or have them while having home exfoliation & mask for extra pamper.

Once you finish the patches, you'll be left with more than 50% of the roller, which it's great because it works wonders on it's own. I mostly use it every morning before my eye cream. It really helps with dark circles and moisturizes. As it's almost a liquid it's not at all greasy and absorbs real quick.

To me, after the Solution Desesstresante, it's the greatest item from the Chanel skin care line (well, from all the ones I've tried).

Any further questions are welcomed!!
greengrin.gif

Almost forgot, if you get them, place the patches at the freezer 10 mins prior usage for even more thighting/lifting/refreshing effect.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Vanities is pretty to look at, but I didn't find it to have very good pigmentation. The colors were all kinda chalky.

ETA: I swung by one of the Chanel counters on my way to my orthodontist appointment, and I picked up the last Cosmic Violine Le Vernis. Such a pretty, shimmery fall polish!

I don't find it chalky at all!! IMO it's pretty much unique. I use it mostly wet and love it!!

Cosmic Violine it's awesome, doesn't it?? I love to use it as a top coat to add dimension to "plain nps".
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Does anyone else wish there was a quad coming out with the Les Khakis polishes? Can you imagine the gorgeousness that would be a coordinating quad?
th_drool.gif

It'd be fantastic!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
heart.gif
fluffy.gif
wavey.gif
Waves to all the Chanel ladies -- I have missed your lovely and well informed posts
yes.gif

life is moving on... and I am back to the _ork world
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif
heart2.gif

Quote:
So it's confirmed that the new extrait de gloss will replace Aqualumiere glosses? Karla says it too. Feels to me that the Aqualumiere glosses aren't so successful after all, since they are to be replaced just slightly after two years since they premiered. At least I have bought one before they are gone.

Mmmm... let me check with my SA. I love Aqualumiere glosses, but from what I hear, Le Extrait de Gloss it's like Aqualumieres but better. On the other hand, they love having "lines" of products, so if they discontinue the glosses, they'll discontinue the Aqualumiere Lipsticks as well.
th_dunno.gif

It's been a delight as always. I'm off to bed, today's been a really though day.
kissy.gif

Miss QQ

Almus, is Spain always sunny? I always hear the phrase, "Sunny Spain".
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya

I have shared my thoughts on Precision Total Eye Lift, but I don't know where it is!!

To me, after the Solution Desesstresante, it's the greatest item from the Chanel skin care line (well, from all the ones I've tried).

I don't find it chalky at all!! IMO it's pretty much unique. I use it mostly wet and love it!!

Cosmic Violine it's awesome, doesn't it?? I love to use it as a top coat to add dimension to "plain nps".
winkiss.gif

Mmmm... let me check with my SA. I love Aqualumiere glosses, but from what I hear, Le Extrait de Gloss it's like Aqualumieres but better. On the other hand, they love having "lines" of products, so if they discontinue the glosses, they'll discontinue the Aqualumiere Lipsticks as well.
th_dunno.gif

It's been a delight as always. I'm off to bed, today's been a really though day.
kissy.gif

Have a good rest!
th_hug.gif

yes.gif
I know, you raved of the eye lift before, and I said I will buy it when I have a special occasion.
th_wink3.gif
Now what is this Solution Desesstresante? I need to find out more!

Here you are luring me to buy Vanities again.
lol.gif
I have swatched it a few times at the counters before, and the colours are beautiful.

Layering with Cosmic Violine sounds amazing! Thanks for the idea.
th_thdeadea.gif
But first, I need to buy it.
tong.gif

If they discontinue the Aqualumiere lipsticks, hopefully there will be a new line of lipsticks. I don't like these lipsticks very much, fortunately.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Well, they're a lil young...how bad are the jokes
tong.gif
nope.gif

Not too bad, but I don't generally perpetuate those types of jokes the way grandma does!

Quote:
Big thanks! Saves me a wad of cash. Just the two nail polishes for me, then!

th_drool.gif

That would be brilliant, seriously brilliant!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Not too bad, but I don't generally perpetuate those types of jokes the way grandma does!

Ah Grandma
nonono.gif
Probably not a very good idea.

Did you end up getting Confidentielle then?

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Nah, not really. It just shows you that your decision to buy the quad in the first place was a good one. (And yes, I have to admit I have a list with all my stuff)
So, what is this quad like you are talking about
graucho.gif

tong.gif
Oh good then! I have only my Mac items listed, but I guess it's time to list other brands too.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
^^ I was googling the quad and it looks very nice, but the reviews on it were not so great.
Although I need another purple like a hole in the head...

Confidence is
love.gif
. Have you got the new glosses already in Singapore?

I think the dark purple there is divine, the other three colours are nice, but nothing to be too excited for. It's nice to have but not a must-have.
smiles.gif

We still don't have the new glosses. Good, because I need a tiny break. A week should do it?
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya

lol.gif
It's not that you have too much make up, it's just you're not giving love all of it!!
th_kiss.gif

PTEL is AMAZING!! It's a package of 10 eye-patches (each one sealed) and an eye roller. The eye roller it's the best. They're meant to be used as a cure, a weekly treatment or an emergency one.

You're supposed to apply the roller all over your eyes (it's really refreshing) and then the patches for 10-30 min.

It's perfect when you've been with the flu, cried your eyes out, or had a sleepless night. It takes almost all the damage off. It really depuffs and brightens those dark circles.

If worn everyday the 10 days, truly take time from your eye area. You can also take them to your facial therapist and have them worn during your facial or have them while having home exfoliation & mask for extra pamper.

Once you finish the patches, you'll be left with more than 50% of the roller, which it's great because it works wonders on it's own. I mostly use it every morning before my eye cream. It really helps with dark circles and moisturizes. As it's almost a liquid it's not at all greasy and absorbs real quick.

Any further questions are welcomed!!
greengrin.gif

Almost forgot, if you get them, place the patches at the freezer 10 mins prior usage for even more thighting/lifting/refreshing effect.
winkiss.gif

I'm not giving all my makeup love equally? Now I feel bad!
tong.gif
Just kidding, but that is true - when having too much stuff something gets without attention from time to time.

Thanks dear for the info!
th_kiss.gif
The one I got is a cream in a tiny but heavy black jar. Maybe it is different in Europe?

Almus

Quote:
Almus, is Spain always sunny? I always hear the phrase, "Sunny Spain".
smiles.gif

Unfortunately for those living in the north of Spain it's not sunny all the time, but down here, in the very south, it's weird not to see the sun two days in a row!

Today I went to check the fall collection one more time and got Taupe Gris eyeshadow. I was about to get Paradoxal too when I realized it was not on the display. I asked the nice lady who was getting my eyeshadow if she could look also for the purple n/p since I was decided to take it with me, when, to my surprise, she said: "there is no purple n/p with this collection"
shockt.gif

I just pointed the promotional image and said "but but ... it's this one ... the model is wearing it" She just stared at me thiking most probably that I was nuts and eventually said: "that n/p is from a older collection". Double
shockt.gif
I was not even able to say "Paradoxal" aloud ...

I was so confused that I just grabbed my eyeshadow and went to the MAC counter. I felt I was not in the position to correct her mistake since, well, she is the seller! I am trying once more tomorrow morning and most probably in another store. Wish me luck!

purrtykitty

Definitely try again! Misinformed SAs drive me nuts! I hate to try to put them in their place by correcting them, though...I don't want to seem like a snotty know-it-all. I usually do what you do, and go to another counter, or go back on a different day and hope someone else is there.

Hypathya

Quote:
Have a good rest!
th_hug.gif

yes.gif
I know, you raved of the eye lift before, and I said I will buy it when I have a special occasion.
th_wink3.gif
Now what is this Solution Desesstresante? I need to find out more!

Here you are luring me to buy Vanities again.
lol.gif
I have swatched it a few times at the counters before, and the colours are beautiful.
Layering with Cosmic Violine sounds amazing! Thanks for the idea.
th_thdeadea.gif
But first, I need to buy it.
tong.gif

If they discontinue the Aqualumiere lipsticks, hopefully there will be a new line of lipsticks. I don't like these lipsticks very much, fortunately.

Thanks dear!! I did, but unfortunately one of my dearest friends lost his dad yesterday, so I still feel like a truck hit me.

Get Cosmic Violine ASAP!! It's gorgeous and one of my favorites.

I don't know if it's available still, as I got my last refill, a year ago and it's a total hidden gem. Solution Desesstresante, it's a light cream that takes care of skin stress. When I was at PhD, with constant stress breakouts, it saved me. I use it every time my skin it's "disturbed", when I go to a facial and get an extraction, after microdermabrasion, when temperature changes and my skin doesn't like it, after Benzoil Peroxide, Retin A, AHA's, glicolic acid, you name it. Every time, it works wonders, my skin it's relieved after 8 or so hours. I've gone to sleep with "angry skin" and woke up like if nothing ever happended. The best thing of all, it's the price, $30 USD or so.

Although I'm not particularly a fan of Aqualumiere Lipsticks, they're the only ones from Chanel that come with SPF 15. Let's not forget, along with eyes, lips are the most neglected area when it comes to sun protection and the firsts to show age. So they better replace them with something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I'm not giving all my makeup love equally? Now I feel bad!
tong.gif
Just kidding, but that is true - when having too much stuff something gets without attention from time to time.

Thanks dear for the info!
th_kiss.gif
The one I got is a cream in a tiny but heavy black jar. Maybe it is different in Europe?

Oh no!! Don't feel bad, it happens!!
th_dunno.gif

No it's not different, it's just we're talking about different products!!
greengrin.gif

You asked for Precision Total Eye Lift... but there's no such thing. There's Precision Ultra Correction Total Eye Revitalizer and Ultra Correction Eye Lift (total eye lift appears in the jar description of the product, like a subtitle). I let myself go for one of my favorite products.

Hypathya

Oh Almus that's terrible!
ssad.gif
I hope you get your hands at Paradoxal sometime
smiles.gif

Quote:
Definitely try again! Misinformed SAs drive me nuts! I hate to try to put them in their place by correcting them, though...I don't want to seem like a snotty know-it-all. I usually do what you do, and go to another counter, or go back on a different day and hope someone else is there.

I hate misinformed SAs... they take away all the fun!!
angry.gif

stv578

Good evening to all the lovely Chanel loving ladies!

It is official, Aqualumiere's are finished! They have removed them entirely from the displayer at my local counter.

Which obviously means I did end up getting to my counter today, and yes, I am now the proud owner of the LE Confidence extrait de gloss! That was the plan right? To pick up the gloss and only the gloss... but as seems to happen more often than not, despite all my effort and even conviction, something more seems to end up coming home with me. And so it was today, that the new Taupe Delicat ended up in my bag also. And holy s*!t are they expensive... as in almostthesamepriceasthequads expensive. Okay, so I saved $10 dollars with my bay coupon, but ya, that barely puts a dent in the price!

The SA showed me the info for the holiday collection as well, of course you all know what is included, but it was nice to see a picture irl. As for the quad, it looks super pretty, but the copper brown colour looks to be more coppery in the picture she had compared to the pics I've seen online.

And finally, popped by MAC in search of my plummy pink l/s, which Michelle was looking for as well. I fell in love with Hot Gossip, which is a cremesheen, yay! Love me the cremesheens. I'll be going back tomorrow to b2m.

So there it is, could've been worse, but I need to be better! I think the holiday quad will have to be a b-day present!

stv578

Eugenia (did I spell that correctly?), I asked the SA today about whether they'd be replacing the Aqualumiere l/s. She honestly didn't know, they definitely haven't been given any info that they would be, plus since right now people are more interested in fuller coverage lipstick for the fall, she didn't see it happening anytime soon.

I agree with you, they need something with SPF in it, hopefully something that is sheerer than regular l/s, but at least something that'll show up!

Hypathya

Yes sweetie, you spelled it right!!
th_kiss.gif

You're a naughty girl... enjoy your gloss and your duo!!
th_DANCE.gif

Well, I hope I won't miss the Aqualumiere glosses, the Extrait ones look divine and luscious.

How's the new house going?? I'd die to see it in person, I love houses.
greengrin.gif