General Chanel Chat

jolener

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

i'm kind of new to chanel, and i'm from canada and we get the euro quads, i've done some research but i haven't really found anything (i'm sorry if this has been discussed before). but is there any difference in the euro/us quads? Is the pigmentation better in the US quads? If i had to choose should I get a euro one or a us one? I have the enigma US quad, that i've bought off of here, and I would like to get mystic eyes next. so I would like your opinions before I buy it

Thanks!
smiles.gif

also, i just noticed on my enigma quad that the pans are square but on the back it says made in france
th_confused_new.gif

Hypathya

Hi loved ladies of mine!!!
wavey.gif
kissy.gif

I cannot tell you how much I missed you guys.
yes.gif
I've been absent a lot and I tell this every time, but now I hope I can manage to stick around!!

Fall collection finally arrived here two weeks ago and I managed to quickly play with it all at The Make Up Studio. As my dear, loving Alma it's at a different counter (2.5 hours trip from home, but totally worth it) I didn't buy a thing. As we're totally loyal to each other,now it's all waiting for me at Alma's secret drawer!!
graucho.gif

She also talked me about three (YES, three) super limited exclusive collections aside Fall, Extrait de gloss, Duos and Holiday. One of them it's a commemorative of Mexico's Bicentennial. The other two, I bet it's Les Khakis and Soho. She didn't give the details on the remaining two, but after reading and doing a short web research I'm confident they are. So more NP for me!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm sooo happy to see new faces!!!
th_hello2.gif
Hope to stay around and enjoy our company!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
However, since it is only available online, I guess I'm not going to get my hands on this collection.

As we are getting it, I bet you're going to too. Maybe at a counter at a super exclusive department store?? Did you get the Orient collection?? Maybe you are going to get it at that location!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I'm really excited for the SOHO collection - I really want the quad, the RC and the glossimer!
th_DANCE.gif
I also hope it is going to be available online....I wonder when they 'release' the items (what time of day)?
th_dunno.gif
I hope it isn't like MAC's frenzy!
nope.gif

ISa and Eugenia, hope you are able to be back with us soon - we miss you!!!
th_hug.gif

All of the new folks,
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
!! Glad you are here!!

Hope you have all had a great weekend -

Cheryl!! I'm here!!
th_kiss.gif

I'm getting addicted to your gougeous Chanel FOTD's.
yes.gif
Last week I was thinking what you'd come up by now. Thanks so much for posting them!!!
kissy.gif

OMG!! I'm soo excited for Soho!! Glossimer, RAL and Steel are definites for me!!
yes.gif
We'll see if Strong it's different enough from Tulip Noir and if the quad truly catches my eyes.

From Les Khakis, Khaki Vert it's a must!! I don't own anything like it. Khaki Rose must be truly different from Madness, for me to purchase it and Khaki Beige must be seen in person, the swatch I saw from Laquerized it's not tempting me that much.

How's our loved Herc doing?? I pray he's fine and happy.
heart2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I've been 'around', but insanely busy with back-to-school stuff and work. Little time for 'me' it seems.....but my younger one heads back tomorrow for senior class orientation, and starts in earnest on Thursday. It will be quiet here soon enough.

I hope everyone has a great start to the week - I will hopefully be around a bit more - I love catching up on the posts, but I also feel like I miss so much!
weeping.gif

You truly sound terribly busy!! Hope you can get some sleep and recover your strenghts!

Oh! I hear you dear!!
th_hug.gif
I spent some time today catching up here, only to realize how much I missed you all!!
cry.gif
I hate reading and not being able to comment!!
angry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I have some duty free shopping coming up
graucho.gif

th_DANCE.gif
I love duty free shopping!! Enjoy and share with us what you got.
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Got hired for a new job this week, and my first paycheck will definitely be going towards a few of the Extrait de Gloss! Do I need both Exces and Fatale? Confidence, Insolence, and maybe even Genie are already on my list. And then I need to think about the holidays... (Magnolia RC, you will be mine!!)

th_thstars.gif
Congrats on your new job!!
th_thstars.gif
The best way to celebrate, it's definitely Chanel shopping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Although I am pretty sure, I am gonna ask anyway, Soho collection will be available only online in the USA right or is it making it to the counters everywhere? I haven't been able to find that information (or maybe I am just too slepy
ssad.gif
)

We are getting it!! Of course, Mexico it's a larger market than Spain, but you're likely to get it... I'm just not sure Málaga will. I guess, Chanel at Serrano (Madrid), El CI at Plaza del Sol (Madrid) and some locations at Barcelona are likely to. I'd write an email to Chanel Spain Costumer Service or have your local SA to ask about where and when this is arriving.

It's so great to be here!!
grouphug2.gif
kissy.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolener
i'm kind of new to chanel, and i'm from canada and we get the euro quads, i've done some research but i haven't really found anything (i'm sorry if this has been discussed before). but is there any difference in the euro/us quads? Is the pigmentation better in the US quads? If i had to choose should I get a euro one or a us one? I have the enigma US quad, that i've bought off of here, and I would like to get mystic eyes next. so I would like your opinions before I buy it

Thanks!
smiles.gif

also, i just noticed on my enigma quad that the pans are square but on the back it says made in france
th_confused_new.gif

Hi sweetie!!
wavey.gif
Hope you enjoy it here!!

Ok, I've answear this many times, but here goes again:

First I must say I don't own any US quad, so I'll talk mostly about Euro quads and the differences I know there are.

Euro quads are pressed then baked, US are only pressed. The baking process make them unbreakable (in case of dropping them, your compact will be ruined before the eyeshadow pans). Some say it makes them less pigmented, but I have never complained about pigmentation. They can be used wet and dry. In case of using them wet, you can dip your brush with water directly on the pan and it won't be ruined. I recommend using any of the Activateurs instead of water. Wet, the eyeshadows will last on your lids up to 8 hours without any primer on. (I have really oily lids, btw)

As you pointed out, US used to be squared and Euro round. I don't recall what we get this time, but I'm sure they are unifying US and Euro versions. At some point there won't be differences.

Hope I helped and covered everything. If you have further questions, don't hesitate and ask!!
winkiss.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
First I must say I don't own any US quad, so I'll talk mostly about Euro quads and the differences I know there are.

Euro quads are pressed then baked, US are only pressed. The baking process make them unbreakable (in case of dropping them, your compact will be ruined before the eyeshadow pans). Some say it makes them less pigmented, but I have never complained about pigmentation. They can be used wet and dry. In case of using them wet, you can dip your brush with water directly on the pan and it won't be ruined. I recommend using any of the Activateurs instead of water. Wet, the eyeshadows will last on your lids up to 8 hours without any primer on. (I have really oily lids, btw)

As you pointed out, US used to be squared and Euro round. I don't recall what we get this time, but I'm sure they are unifying US and Euro versions. At some point there won't be differences.

Hope I helped and covered everything. If you have further questions, don't hesitate and ask!!
winkiss.gif

kissy.gif
Thanks for the explanation.

Almus

Quote:

We are getting it!! Of course, Mexico it's a larger market than Spain, but you're likely to get it... I'm just not sure Málaga will. I guess, Chanel at Serrano (Madrid), El CI at Plaza del Sol (Madrid) and some locations at Barcelona are likely to. I'd write an email to Chanel Spain Costumer Service or have your local SA to ask about where and when this is arriving.

grouphug2.gif
kissy.gif

Good morning!

Thank you very much for your recommendations
th_hug.gif
It's nice to read from you again! As far as I know, les Khakis is only arriving at the Make Up Studio at Barcelona and just for the Fashion's night out on September 9th at Madrid - Serrano. I bet the Soho collection will be available at Barcelona too but they don't accept orders from individual counters at the shopping malls and / or perfumeries
ssad.gif

At least, I'll enjoy the swatches and your fotd's
th_wink3.gif

I am heading to the beach. See you later ladies!

Miss QQ

^^ Have fun! I want to be at the beach too!

Quote:

I cannot tell you how much I missed you guys.
yes.gif
I've been absent a lot and I tell this every time, but now I hope I can manage to stick around!!

As we are getting it, I bet you're going to too. Maybe at a counter at a super exclusive department store?? Did you get the Orient collection?? Maybe you are going to get it at that location!!

grouphug2.gif
kissy.gif

Hello!
wavey.gif
Great to see you here again!
th_hug.gif

I got the Orient collection so perhaps I will be getting Soho too, like you said, at that counter! I'm getting Le Khaki nps in a new Chanel store, both a boutique selling their clothes etc. and a beauty counter! I hope Soho comes to the counter of Orient, not the new store though. It is more convenient for me to go to the department store of the Orient collection.

So when are you buying the fall collection? Can't wait to hear about your haul! Pink Explosion and Chintz are amazing. I don't have Rose Dentelle but I keep thinking about it.
tong.gif

PinkBasset

Hi again all! I just got some Chanel goodies when my bf came home from his trip. The new one that I haven't tried before is the Précision Total Eye Lift. Has anyone tried this? I have high hopes for it.
yes.gif

I was at Chanel counter few days ago and I was looking at Vanites quad and was thinking how very beautiful the dark purple was. I thought I should get the quad but luckily I didn't, at home when I went through my quads I found out I already have it. This is the first time I forgot I already have something...
shockt.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Does this mean I'm getting old or I have too much makeup?

Honey&LemonGirl - that's awesome how you cut your hair! I've done it few times (cut a long hair to a _very_ short cut) and it's so refreshing isn't it? Plus a good short cut is always so stylish!
yes.gif
It brings out the face in a new way and like you said, experimenting with makeup with a new haircut is so exciting!
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Hi again all! I just got some Chanel goodies when my bf came home from his trip. The new one that I haven't tried before is the Précision Total Eye Lift. Has anyone tried this? I have high hopes for it.
yes.gif

I was at Chanel counter few days ago and I was looking at Vanites quad and was thinking how very beautiful the dark purple was. I thought I should get the quad but luckily I didn't, at home when I went through my quads I found out I already have it. This is the first time I forgot I already have something...
shockt.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Does this mean I'm getting old or I have too much makeup?

Honey&LemonGirl - that's awesome how you cut your hair! I've done it few times (cut a long hair to a _very_ short cut) and it's so refreshing isn't it? Plus a good short cut is always so stylish!
yes.gif
It brings out the face in a new way and like you said, experimenting with makeup with a new haircut is so exciting!
smiles.gif

Nah, not really. It just shows you that your decision to buy the quad in the first place was a good one. (And yes, I have to admit I have a list with all my stuff)
So, what is this quad like you are talking about
graucho.gif

bis

^^ I was googling the quad and it looks very nice, but the reviews on it were not so great.
Although I need another purple like a hole in the head...

Confidence is
love.gif
. Have you got the new glosses already in Singapore?

Winthrop44

0810SHIP for free shipping thru 9/6 on chanel.com. Interesting date since the Soho collection should be up 9/7, right?

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
^^ I was googling the quad and it looks very nice, but the reviews on it were not so great.

Confidence is
love.gif

I will go read up on the reviews some time. Makes me feel better that for not owning it. No, the glosses aren't here yet. The wait is so long. I want Confidence, Liberte, Insolence, Exces and Emoi. This list is too long, so maybe I won't buy all of these at the counter so that I have some money for the holiday collection.
th_wink3.gif

Bonitinha

I've been trying to place on order on Chanel.com for 30 minutes. It won't let me check out and keeps telling me I need to add something to my cart. :??? I was really wanting to buy the Enigma quad (finally!) and Confident Extrait gloss. I am sitting here with my credit card in my hand and it won't work
nope.gif
I'll have to keep trying!! I really want that quad for fall and the gloss looks amazing and something I could wear all the time
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Vanities is one of the quads in my wishlist.
yes.gif

This blog says January Jones is wearing Confidence on her lips. And inimitable mascara in noir and purple. The picture is small though.
Blogdorf Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

Confidence is
love.gif

Vanities is pretty to look at, but I didn't find it to have very good pigmentation. The colors were all kinda chalky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
0810SHIP for free shipping thru 9/6 on chanel.com. Interesting date since the Soho collection should be up 9/7, right?

Go figure, right? Well, I guess that confirms the release date for us!

ETA: I swung by one of the Chanel counters on my way to my orthodontist appointment, and I picked up the last Cosmic Violine Le Vernis. Such a pretty, shimmery fall polish!

elegant-one

No way, the Chanel.com cs lady told me it would be free shipping the whole month of Sept. - go figure

Winthrop44

Maybe they'll have a different promo code for the rest of the month? We can hope anyway.

purrtykitty

True, they may change it to un-coded free shipping on the 7th. Hope so...although, I'll be well over the $150 threshold with all the CPs I'm doing.

stv578

Hey everyone!

I had a message on my cell today that Confidence is in!
th_DANCE.gif

The duos are in too, I'll have a look at them, but won't be picking any up for now, since I've been using my Enigma quad quite a bit, along with a Stila quad I put together myself 6 years ago that my husband found when we were moving! I'm back to wanting Misty Soft and the Taupe duo.

Should I be concerned that my Mom is making butt jokes with my 4 and 5 years old?!

Shadowy Lady

hmmm....I'm starting to get tempted by the new RA's. I might pick one up since I'm totally off MAC it seems

Latest posts