General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Good evening to all the lovely Chanel loving ladies!

It is official, Aqualumiere's are finished! They have removed them entirely from the displayer at my local counter.

I am now the proud owner of the LE Confidence extrait de gloss! And so it was today, that the new Taupe Delicat ended up in my bag also. And holy s*!t are they expensive... as in almostthesamepriceasthequads expensive. Okay, so I saved $10 dollars with my bay coupon, but ya, that barely puts a dent in the price!

Good evening!
smiles.gif
It's noon here.

Thanks for the news. I have an Aqualumiere l/s and gloss, so I'm glad at least I've experienced them before.
yes.gif

Enjoy Confidence! Is it as lovely as Ming? I agree with you on the price of the new duos. I know Chanel is expensive, but somehow I find the price for these too much for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Thanks dear!! I did, but unfortunately one of my dearest friends lost his dad yesterday, so I still feel like a truck hit me.

Get Cosmic Violine ASAP!! It's gorgeous and one of my favorites.

I don't know if it's available still, as I got my last refill, a year ago and it's a total hidden gem. Solution Desesstresante, it's a light cream that takes care of skin stress.

Although I'm not particularly a fan of Aqualumiere Lipsticks, they're the only ones from Chanel that come with SPF 15. Let's not forget, along with eyes, lips are the most neglected area when it comes to sun protection and the firsts to show age. So they better replace them with something similar.

th_cheerup.gif
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad.

yes.gif
Adds Cosmic Violine to my list. I hope it is still available. How does the jar of Solution Desesstresante look like? How many mls for $30? I want to check it out the next time I'm at the counter because it sounds amazing.

Can you, or anyone else too, tell me more about using lipsticks with SPF? Most lipsticks don't have SPF but I thought they are fine since lipsticks are opaque and cover the lips sufficiently. If the lipstick has SPF then will I be eating the chemicals more? I do have a pigmentation spot on my upper lip, and I got it before I started using lipsticks consistently.
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Today I went to check the fall collection one more time and got Taupe Gris eyeshadow. I was about to get Paradoxal too when I realized it was not on the display.

Hope you can get Paradoxal! It's so strange if your counters aren't getting it.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Unfortunately for those living in the north of Spain it's not sunny all the time, but down here, in the very south, it's weird not to see the sun two days in a row!

Today I went to check the fall collection one more time and got Taupe Gris eyeshadow. I was about to get Paradoxal too when I realized it was not on the display. I asked the nice lady who was getting my eyeshadow if she could look also for the purple n/p since I was decided to take it with me, when, to my surprise, she said: "there is no purple n/p with this collection"
shockt.gif

I just pointed the promotional image and said "but but ... it's this one ... the model is wearing it" She just stared at me thiking most probably that I was nuts and eventually said: "that n/p is from a older collection". Double
shockt.gif
I was not even able to say "Paradoxal" aloud ...

I was so confused that I just grabbed my eyeshadow and went to the MAC counter. I felt I was not in the position to correct her mistake since, well, she is the seller! I am trying once more tomorrow morning and most probably in another store. Wish me luck!

That is so frustrating when that happens, and it happens often! I hope you will get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya

Oh no!! Don't feel bad, it happens!!
th_dunno.gif

No it's not different, it's just we're talking about different products!!
greengrin.gif

You asked for Precision Total Eye Lift... but there's no such thing. There's Precision Ultra Correction Total Eye Revitalizer and Ultra Correction Eye Lift (total eye lift appears in the jar description of the product, like a subtitle). I let myself go for one of my favorite products.

I'm sorry you had to write the long review! The jar that I have says Ultra Correction Soin Lifting Integral Yeux Total Eye Lift Precision Chanel. I didn't know there was another Total Eye Lift too, sorry.
th_dunno.gif

Bonitinha

Nora -- Hope you are enjoying your new gloss!! I finally ordered the Enigma quad -- I will have to order a couple of new glosses, too!
cutey.gif

Glad you found your plummy pink! I have Hot Gossip, too -- I really love the Cremesheen formula.
yes.gif

Miss QQ -- I was debating between Ming (I don't have it yet) and Confidence. They look so similar in the Cafe makeup swatches. I think Confidence is a little more sheer. They both look gorgeous!

Eugenia -- my condolences to your friend for his loss. Such a hard time.
Glad to see you back on the board. I am finding the only time I have to get on is early morning before my girls wake up!!
winks.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Good evening to all the lovely Chanel loving ladies!

Which obviously means I did end up getting to my counter today, and yes, I am now the proud owner of the LE Confidence extrait de gloss! That was the plan right? To pick up the gloss and only the gloss... but as seems to happen more often than not, despite all my effort and even conviction, something more seems to end up coming home with me. And so it was today, that the new Taupe Delicat ended up in my bag also. And holy s*!t are they expensive... as in almostthesamepriceasthequads expensive. Okay, so I saved $10 dollars with my bay coupon, but ya, that barely puts a dent in the price!

May I ask which Bay? Because Holts keeps telling me mid Sept.
nope.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I finally ordered the Enigma quad -- I will have to order a couple of new glosses, too!
cutey.gif

Miss QQ -- I was debating between Ming (I don't have it yet) and Confidence. They look so similar in the Cafe makeup swatches. I think Confidence is a little more sheer. They both look gorgeous!

You will love Enigma! Thanks, I love Ming and I can't wait to check out Confidence!

Today when I arrived home after a long and tiring day, I got the Chanel mailer on the new glosses in my mailbox! It will be launched on 17 September!
th_DANCE.gif

Here is the mailer. It arrived torn at the spot under her eyes.
ssad.gif
As I said before, Chanel sometimes uses the same promo pic and changes the lip colour of the model, as in the case of Rouge Allure Laque promo pic too. In my mailer, the model is wearing pink lips and nails, probably Insolence and Rose Insolent.

IMG_3957.jpg

In the original promo pic, the model is wearing Fatale and Rouge Fatal right?
Chanel-Rouge-Allure-Extrait-de-Gloss-promo - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

And I just discovered the Soho collection has a RAL in Stunt, a soft mauve! I want it!
Want It: Chanel SoHo Collection | MakeUp4All, Ladies Beauty

stv578

Teenage muse, I'm not sure if the glosses are out on display yet, but I'm pretty sure the stores have received their stock. If you go to any Bay that has a Chanel counter, ask them if they have received it, some will let you purchase, some won't. I'm pretty sure they will be out on display in another week or so. I really don't bother much with Holt's, unless something is exclusive to that store, most of the SA's at the Chanel counter at both of the Holt's I have gone to are pretty snooty. I don't find the same thing with the SA's at Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier, so not sure what's up with that.

The duos however are already out on display.

Eugenia, the house is done! But we don't move in for another month! It is ahead of schedule, and while we did push up the date, we decided to at least to get a few more pay cheques in before we close. I love looking at houses too, all the different interiors/exteriors, decor, etc...

Michelle, I really think you'll be happy with Enigma. It's definitely worth it!

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday! I woke up today totally thinking it is Friday, bleh!

Miss QQ

^^ That must have sucked for a moment, when you realised it was only Thursday. It happens to me sometimes too.
tong.gif

color_lover456

hi guys! i finally decided to say hi after creeping on this forum for a while...i am really really new to chanel...ie the only piece of chanel i owned for 4 years before this summer was pagoda glossimer...

but because of all the wonderful reviews i read on here i have expanded my collection quite a bit! thanks ladies for making me realize mac is not the end-all line!!

oh ps. i am wondering what people's past experiences have been with chanel highlighters...i have my eye set on the soho one but i don't see many people getting excited about that, anyone care to share their past experience or even (gasp) gotten a chance to play around with the soho one already?

Almus

Hello color_lover456
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I have 0 experience with Chanel highlighters, so I am afraid I cannot help you out.

I just saw the video interview to Philips about the Soho collection and I seriously need Steel n/p and Stunt RAL. I asked today at the Chanel counter (in which btw, there was plenty of Paradoxal n/p so I got it!
th_DANCE.gif
) and they've told me they don't know anything about the Soho collection and that, even if it's released in Madrid or Barcelona, they won't do any product transfer to the city I live in. So just after the instant-happiness-due-to-Paradoxal-purchase I felt a bit down
nope.gif

Maybe I'll check out if I can ask for a CP (although I still don't know how to do that).

Hope you are having a great evening ladies. On the non-cosmetics side, I am just 4 days away to going back to work after holidays and just today I got back to "hard training" (meaning I almost die in the indoor cyclism session lol).

TealAngel

When buying makeup at a Chanel boutique does anyone ever ask for samples with their purchase/order? What samples are worth trying out?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
oh ps. i am wondering what people's past experiences have been with chanel highlighters...i have my eye set on the soho one but i don't see many people getting excited about that, anyone care to share their past experience or even (gasp) gotten a chance to play around with the soho one already?

I have the Fleurs (can't remember the exact name) highlighter palette & it is quite Gorgeous! The powders (of course) are very silky finely milled & lovely!

Welcome dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
When buying makeup at a Chanel boutique does anyone ever ask for samples with their purchase/order? What samples are worth trying out?

All the time
tong.gif
I ask for samples of the most expensive skin care items (of course) & then they have already packaged samples that they will give you when you buy something - makeup remover, mascaras, lipstick bubbles, face wash etc. & perfumes

Shadowy Lady

ughhhh, I'm having the worst couple of weeks, besides being still sick (and having to go to ER yet again), my work is super stressful, I'm dealing with major family drama and insomnia as a result. I just wanna hide under a rock until the storm passes
ssad.gif

I left work early today coz I had started at 6:30 am. I grabbed lunch (yes, I had lunch at 3 pm) from the mall and stopped by Chanel to see what's new. They had all the new glosses and the RA's out. I played with them a bit but was too exhausted to bother trying them on. I signed up for a makeover on Sept 16th though so I will grab a couple of the RA's then (either these new ones or any of the existing). Never done my makeup at Chanel before, hope I'll be happy.

Hope you guys are all having a better time than me...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
ughhhh, I'm having the worst couple of weeks, besides being still sick (and having to go to ER yet again), my work is super stressful, I'm dealing with major family drama and insomnia as a result. I just wanna hide under a rock until the storm passes
ssad.gif

Hope you guys are all having a better time than me...

th_hug.gif
I totally understand dear! I had several of those months the last few years
ssad.gif
Family drama with aging parents & everything else
th_dunno.gif

Hugs! It will get better. I keep telling myself "this too shall pass"

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
ssad.gif

That's the only good thing about storms: eventually they just go away. I hope it will be very soon for you. Stay strong and enjoy your make up session at Chanel

th_hug.gif

purrtykitty

Aww, feel better soon, Saadeh!

Welcome Tea Angel and color lover! Always nice to see new faces pop in!
smiles.gif
We're all super excited for the Khaki polishes! color lover, I also don't have any experience with Chanel highlighters. But, I will say, there are very few Chanel products that have disappointed me.

purrtykitty

Ladiessssss!! The Soho Collection product photos are online. Everything is currently listing as "Out of Stock", so I'll bet they're getting ready for the launch!

I don't see the Khaki polishes, yet. Hopefully they'll add those soon!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ladiessssss!! The Soho Collection product photos are online. Everything is currently listing as "Out of Stock", so I'll bet they're getting ready for the launch!

I don't see the Khaki polishes, yet. Hopefully they'll add those soon!

lol.gif
I got all excited when I saw you post the last time thinking ^that was what you posted
tong.gif
so funny that you actually did then

Latest posts