General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Karin - is there a lipstick or gloss???

Never mind I googled it. Chanel's swatches suck & there are no other pics that I could find of either of the 2

shimmergrass

hey ladies

the Soho collection is online at Chanel.com

it says out of stock under the products for now

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Karin - is there a lipstick or gloss???

Never mind I googled it. Chanel's swatches suck & there are no other pics that I could find of either of the 2

Their swatches do suck, but I don't think they have all the swatches up yet, anyway. The swatches for Strong and Steel polishes are the same. The swatches for the quad are up, though.

color_lover456

OMG!!! i just woke up from a nap and was groggy, but now that i have read that soho is online my heart is beating like i just did a 50 yard sprint...anyone else experience anything like this??

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
OMG!!! i just woke up from a nap and was groggy, but now that i have read that soho is online my heart is beating like i just did a 50 yard sprint...anyone else experience anything like this??

Lol, totally! I'm a little afraid to go to sleep tonight, lest the collection appear online overnight. I don't want to miss out on those polishes!

elegant-one

why yes
th_crazy.gif

lol.gif

TealAngel

Quote:

All the time
tong.gif
I ask for samples of the most expensive skin care items (of course) & then they have already packaged samples that they will give you when you buy something - makeup remover, mascaras, lipstick bubbles, face wash etc. & perfumes

OOooh! lipstick samples! I have never tried their lipsticks before! With all the talk about the Rouge Allure lipsticks, I want to try one...but oh $32!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ladiessssss!! The Soho Collection product photos are online. Everything is currently listing as "Out of Stock", so I'll bet they're getting ready for the launch!

I don't see the Khaki polishes, yet. Hopefully they'll add those soon!

OMG!...
th_DANCE.gif
launch day is near!

By new glosses do you mean the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss?
And the Rouge Allure Laque is liquid lipstick?

Im new to their lipstick terms, so if this has been answered before...sorry for the re-asking!

TealAngel

Oh! Has anyone tried Chanel's Inimitable Intense mascara? That Rouge Noir color..it looks dark purple on the screen..looks in intriguing (that's the first word that came to my mind, anyway) Has anyone tried this shade?...Does it look purple on? How are the other colors?

purrtykitty

Yep, the "new" glosses are the RA Extrait. The Rouge Allure Lacque is an ultra-pigmented gloss.

I'm excited to try the new Inimitable Intense, especially Rouge Noir. From what I understand Rouge Noir is a blackened red, not purple. I believe there is an eggplant hue, also, but it's named something else.

elegant-one

ok Bummer news - I just called Chanel CS - She said we will not be able to purchase it online until the 10th
cry.gif

They just wanted to have the pic online for the fashion week thingy whatever boo

I told her that wasn't nice of them to tease us like that
girlhaha.gif

purrtykitty

Uh, I don't know if that's true. ALL the blogs and press say it's available online on the 7th...which is Tuesday, and lines up with previous releases. I'm calling BS on this one. Collections are almost always released online first.

Besides, why else would they be getting the products up this early? It's a three-day weekend because of the holiday. The stuff is up so they can launch it live on Tuesday when everyone returns to work.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
Oh! Has anyone tried Chanel's Inimitable Intense mascara? That Rouge Noir color..it looks dark purple on the screen..looks in intriguing (that's the first word that came to my mind, anyway) Has anyone tried this shade?...Does it look purple on? How are the other colors?

I have 2 sample tubes but haven't tried it yet. I probably will this weekend.

stv578

Quote:
Uh, I don't know if that's true. ALL the blogs and press say it's available online on the 7th...which is Tuesday, and lines up with previous releases. I'm calling BS on this one. Collections are almost always released online first.

Besides, why else would they be getting the products up this early? It's a three-day weekend because of the holiday. The stuff is up so they can launch it live on Tuesday when everyone returns to work.

Love the executive decision making! You're clearly on top of things!

Saadeh, sorry you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the make-up class.

I saw the posts asking about the highlight powder, and while this is the Chanel thread, I saw a gorgeous pink highlight powder from Lancome, with a rose imprint. Elegant, have you seen this? I thought of you, and me too, as in how am I going to resist temptation?!!! Why do I continue to peruse, why?!

elegant-one

Quote:

Yeah, I know...I didn't trust what she was saying. I asked her 3 times if she was absolutely sure & she said yes. But then we all know how that goes with CS
nope.gif

I told her that I would be mad at her if it goes live sooner
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I saw the posts asking about the highlight powder, and while this is the Chanel thread, I saw a gorgeous pink highlight powder from Lancome, with a rose imprint. Elegant, have you seen this? I thought of you, and me too, as in how am I going to resist temptation?!!! Why do I continue to peruse, why?!

Ahhh
love.gif
thats so sweet

I keep forgetting to look at it darn it. I heard its pretty. Someone else was talking about it - smokesignal maybe?

I may see if my crappy local mall has it to swatch
sneaky.gif

Winthrop44

Saadeh, hope things turn around for you soon and that your Chanel makeover will help cheer you a little.

I agree we can't put too much stock into what the Chanel lady who answers the phone says. Sadly they are often way off base in their answers. I am going to go to sleep tonight, lol, but...will be checking a couple of times each day starting tomorrow.

stv578

Quote:

I may see if my crappy local mall has it to swatch
sneaky.gif

I'm going to go by on my lunch tomorrow to see if it's there! Hopefully it's not, or it just plain sucks. Damn that Julia Roberts for getting my onto the Lancome site!

TealAngel

Do they send samples with a chanel.com order?

Does anyone think that free ship code out now will work Tuesday?...even though Monday is supposedly the last day?

So, the Khaki nail colors come out the 8th online? The day after SOHO nail colors!? I would be a nervous wreck trying to think the best strategy to buy a color from each collection! Do I wait one day until the khaki colors come out and buy both then?...by then Steel np may be sold out. If I wait one day, until the 8th, I would only have to pay shipping once (that's just assuming the free ship code doesn't apply). I would hate to pay shipping twice! When I ordered the two Jade polishes last year from a NYC Chanel boutique, it was $10 just to ship both together. Online I think shiping is $7.95 for orders up to $50.

Latest posts