General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

^^ I noticed the LE labeling too.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ladiessssss!! The Soho Collection product photos are online. Everything is currently listing as "Out of Stock", so I'll bet they're getting ready for the launch!

I don't see the Khaki polishes, yet. Hopefully they'll add those soon!

Thanks, I saw them! Stunt, the RAL, looks dark. Not sure if I will wear it often. I like the look for the quad. The blush/highlighter looks a little brown to me, not sure if I'll like it. I wasn't very excited about this collection but seeing the pictures up, big and clear, is getting me excited!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I saw the posts asking about the highlight powder, and while this is the Chanel thread, I saw a gorgeous pink highlight powder from Lancome, with a rose imprint. Elegant, have you seen this? I thought of you, and me too, as in how am I going to resist temptation?!!! Why do I continue to peruse, why?!

I saw the rose absolu powder and played with it but I decided to pass. I really liked it when I saw its pictures but was underwhelmed when I saw it irl. It is very light and mauvey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Yes indeed it was lil ol' me!
greengrin.gif
Hah that rhymed! But yeah I got the Rose powder it is pretty! Although I will say and warn it doesn't show up a lot and I'm pretty white (Nw15ish). It comes off as a light pinkish mauve on me, I mean you can build the color up, it just takes a lot to show up, but it's good for me because it's on my 'lazy blush days' list of colors to use where I can slap a little bit on and look alive.

Thanks for the review. I will pass although the rose print is beautiful. I don't think it will show up much on me.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
The promo pics for the Soho collection that have been floating around are tinted very blue for some reason. It makes Strong vernis look practically purple (it isn't!), and it looks as though the quad comes with a aqua shade (it doesn't!). The colors in the video and, of course, in the swatch posts are much more accurate, I think.

Have you actually seen the np irl Honey&LemonGirl? Would love to know if Strong is actually red or plum. The person who swatched in Australia:

Beauty Verdict: Chanel Soho Collection - now sold in Sydney

compared it to LM Avant Garde which is called aubergine/blackened plum in MUA reviews, and the bottle pic on Chanel.com and elsewhere looks like it would fit that description too, but in the Chanel video the collection creator calls it an almost black red??? I have enough blackened plums to last me a lifetime so I'd like to skip it if that's what it is.

bis

I just heard back from the Chanel customer service. Both collections, the SoHo and the Les Khakis, are going to be superduper-limited in Europe.
Les Khakis is invitation-only for a Vogue event in Berlin.

Thanks a lot, or not. I am really mad. I thought they are an European brand, but apparently they think we are not worth it. I think I will stop buying stuff.

Maybe one or two Extrait de Gloss first, but then.
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

^^ It baffles me as well, as I thought Europe is Chanel's birth place.
th_cheerup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Have you actually seen the np irl Honey&LemonGirl? Would love to know if Strong is actually red or plum. The person who swatched in Australia:

Beauty Verdict: Chanel Soho Collection - now sold in Sydney

compared it to LM Avant Garde which is called aubergine/blackened plum in MUA reviews, and the bottle pic on Chanel.com and elsewhere looks like it would fit that description too, but in the Chanel video the collection creator calls it an almost black red??? I have enough blackened plums to last me a lifetime so I'd like to skip it if that's what it is.

Thanks for asking! Yeah, I heard Peter Philips saying it is black red in the video. I see purple in the swatch, but overall both nps look very dark in the pictures.

elegant-one

So what happened to that pale baby blue np we saw the chanel model wearing? Wasn't that supposed to be with the holiday collection?

stv578

I tried the Taupe Delicat duo today. My quick review, the texture and application is phenomenal, both colours went on true to the colour in the pan and applied smoothly and evenly. The colours are really nice, but the taupe colour doesn't do much for my skintone. I will probably use it quite a bit though, because I only used the two shades, the ivory shade on my lid, taupe in the crease, and lightly applied the ivory again for highlight/browbone, and was done is under two minutes! I had to add some liner on my upper lash line, since this duo doesn't provide much definition on its own. So it's a great product, but worth the price? I don't think so. IMO, the Enigma quad was well worth the money, but this one should've been priced at least $10 less.

I will likely get the Misty Soft duo eventually, but don't feel any real urge atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
just curious as to what chanel pieces everyone is into lately...i have been using my candy glow aqualumiere a lot...it's a light gloss that is great for the summer, but because it's so light it doesn't stay on that long...maybe about 2 hrs for me, but it sure feels nicer than a heavy mac one in the summertime...

I know a lot of us on here were really happy with the fall collection, especially the single e/s, the Enigma quad and the glossimers. Have you tried a glossimer? They last quite a bit on and I don't have them too heavy. Trouble is, the glosses that feel lighter and less sticky generally have less staying power. But I agree, MAC's are really heavy, and for me really drying. I have so many, yet rarely reach for them. Glossimers are my favourite gloss in terms of formula.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
That pic makes me want the quad
winks.gif

iagree.gif
I'm falling for the quad.
love.gif
The nps, not so much.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
ok Bummer news - I just called Chanel CS - She said we will not be able to purchase it online until the 10th
cry.gif

They just wanted to have the pic online for the fashion week thingy whatever boo

I told her that wasn't nice of them to tease us like that
girlhaha.gif

According to the site, it says 'available at chanel.com starting September 7' so someone needs to get their stories straight (oh, how usual
winks.gif
).......

I haven't finished reading all of the posts yet, so someone probably already noted this.....

I'm off today so perhaps I'll do a FOTD
hmm.gif
-

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
According to the site, it says 'available at chanel.com starting September 7' so someone needs to get their stories straight (oh, how usual
winks.gif
).......

I know
tong.gif
but fat chance in that me thinks.

missed ya! hope all is well

Shypo

Quick post:

I'm getting the quad....will regret it if I don't I think.......and maybe the RAL. I cannot believe that things are going to be that limited in Europe
angry.gif
- could this be another case of bad customer service info?

After seeing that Lancome quad I'm a bit tempted....the colors are really pretty!!

Saadeh, I really hope things look up for you soon!
th_cheerup.gif
Hang in there and know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you well!

Eugenia, I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss.....it is such a difficult thing!
th_hug.gif

Herc is hanging in there - has good days and bad days. He's very spoiled, though, and knows that he is loved.
heart.gif

Thanks for all of the updates ladies, and welcome to our newbies!!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

stv578

Hi Cheryl. Glad that we were able to hear from you. Herc is lucky to have such a loving family. Hang in there.
th_cheerup.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass
if i were to buy one lipgloss/lipstick from chanel which one would u guys recommend? i am nc40 / mufe hd 153 for color reference. i want something which is natural looking, doesnt make me dead but not too much color either.

thanks!
smiles.gif

You might try the Insouciance Rouge Allure Extrait. Beige Felin or Cashmere Rouge Cocos might also work. The Extrait is going to have the least color.

Shypo

Y'all were talking about Vanites, so I decided to pull it out of the back of the drawer
winks.gif
....my fall-ish look for today. I have to say that Vanites isn't one of my faves, BUT, the color payoff (pigmentation) is decent. I especially like the dark purple, and the highlight color - could take or leave the middle two shades
noworry.gif

What I used (all Chanel unless noted):

Eyes:
Vanites
Cassis
Inimitable Intense in black

Cheeks:
Orchid Rose
NARS Albatross

Lips:
Pink Sugar l/l
Confidentielle RA
Confidence RAL

CIMG2699-1.jpg

CIMG2690-1.jpg

CIMG2698-1.jpg

purrtykitty

Vanities looks great on you Cheryl! Maybe mine was a bad batch, or they've updated the formula (mine was several years old).

elegant-one

Those colors really make your eye color pop! & wow I love ls & lg on you big time. Very pretty!

elegant-one

Just think how stoked we would be right now if we could've ordered the new soho stuff last night
sigh.gif
poo!

purrtykitty

I know. I've been checking off and on today, and nothing. I'm going to try to keep checking this weekend, but we are doing stuff, so we won't be home a lot.

I wish they'd put up the product photos for the Les Khakis already!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I wish they'd put up the product photos for the Les Khakis already!

iagree.gif

Latest posts