General Chanel Chat

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Well my dear, I'm sure you'll find a keeper one day
yes.gif

Excessive is a beautiful red! Very much along the lines of Exces gloss. So do you love it on?
smiles.gif

Yes, I love it! It's smooth and pigmented. I feel so sophisticated when I know I'm wearing Chanel. I think I'm going to get Emotive. Too bad they don't have these at my local Saks so I can play with them in person.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo

Nora, I'm getting ready for that road trip! Just a quick stop to get Elegant (anyone else coming along?) and we'll be on our way.......
girlhaha.gif

Woohoo! I'll be ready for you after the first week of October... the more the merrier! Plan on doing some shopping while you're here!
graucho.gif

So not sure why, but the Rouge Allure I saw yesterday (Silhouette) is not listed on the Cdn. site, and I know I haven't seen it before at some counters, so not sure what the store is with it, but I'm going to have to pick it up in case it's one of those colours that have been discontinued here. Why is it so hard to stick to my super low buy/no buy/necessities only buy?! I also saw Delicate (sp?) which I haven't seen before at my usual counter, which is also not listed on the Cdn site...
th_dunno.gif
Ugh.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
That book looks too cute! Good to know we weren't the crazy few pulling out hair out trying to order Les Khakis. Out of morbid curiosity, I checked the site today, and no problems. I guess everyone just needed to go to bed!

I can't wait to muse through it while I watch football tomorrow. The look on hubby's face when the lady mentioned ordering from the site was priceless
lol.gif
I told her to go check it again today.
He found the book at Anthropology
tong.gif

Quote:
I went shopping today as a diversion...and ended up being naughty. The Lord and Taylor near me sometimes has stock of stuff that is sold out everywhere else, and I stopped to look at their Rouge Allures.....I ended up walking away with Emotion, Desirable, Adorable and Crazed. I don't remember ever having seen these before (getting on this forum, anyway
winkiss.gif
) and I love them all! I needed them like I need a submarine, but I also needed a bit of a pick-me-up - probably picked up more than I should have
girlhaha.gif
but what the heck.

BTW Elegant, it was Emotive that I ordered. Love the pic!! So chic and sexy!
graucho.gif

Nora, I'm getting ready for that road trip! Just a quick stop to get Elegant (anyone else coming along?) and we'll be on our way.......
girlhaha.gif

lol.gif
Nothing like a great treat! So do you like Emotive on? I swatched it today & its pretty.
Thought I'd spice up the pic - except for the darn toothpaste got in the shot
tong.gif

On the road trip....good heavens, can we go already
th_DANCE.gif
I NEED it

Hypathya

I'm glad you all finally get to order!!
pompom.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Ok so...order placed!
sigh.gif

The site is working great for me now (fast, no sticking anywhere, no vanishing items). The SOHO and Khaki collections are still hidden, but the NP's are available in the actual nails section so no biggie.

I ordered all 3 polishes and Excessive RA. Then I figured I'd get the Taupe e/s duo (because I keep thinking it would be great with that red lip for a retro pin-up look which I LOVE) and I was so close to free shipping I stuck in Emoi RAEDG.
whistle.gif

Even with all of the site BS, I can't wait for this order. I'll be rocking that red lip/nude eye look in Vegas for a special night out for our anniversary...can't wait!

Happy Saturday ladies, I'm off in a bit to get ready for a full football weekend!
th_happy1.gif

ETA: Oops! I got Emoi, not Imaginaire RAEDG...I was waffling between the 2 and obviously didn't remember which one I decided on (just checked my e-mail confirmation)!
lol.gif

Glad you could place your order, hope it arrives soon!!
th_DANCE.gif

You'll be totally hot on your anniversary date!!
heat.gif
And classy!!
Is there anything better than a Chanel red lippie??
love.gif

I'm so excited football season has begun!!
pompom.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I wish thursday game was a bit more exciting.
sigh.gif
Anyway, I'm excited!!
I missed my Monday night soo much!!
sigh.gif

Quote:
nonono.gif
No is NOT an option for me
greengrin.gif
winkiss.gif

We all know!!
kissy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I went to another two counters to look for it today and they don't have it too. At my regular counter, I saw a woman, a foreigner, who picked 7 nail polishes from the displayer and told the SA she wanted all of them. Unfortunately, I believed the SA only managed to find 1 or 2 of them. Cosmic Violine was one of those the customer picked! The counter should not be displaying those that are already out of stocks.
th_dunno.gif

Oh!!
ssad.gif
Too bad.

I'd asked the sample bottle!!
sneaky.gif
cutey.gif

Quote:
img3500z.jpg

So, dh surprised me with this book today while we were shopping
love.gif

And then I bought Excessive ls
heart.gif

OMG!! I.Want.It!!
th_worship.gif
greengrin.gif

THe pic it's so perfect elegant!! Love the lippie next to the book in a sateen background!!
heart2.gif

Quote:
I went shopping today as a diversion...and ended up being naughty. The Lord and Taylor near me sometimes has stock of stuff that is sold out everywhere else, and I stopped to look at their Rouge Allures.....I ended up walking away with Emotion, Desirable, Adorable and Crazed. I don't remember ever having seen these before (getting on this forum, anyway
winkiss.gif
) and I love them all! I needed them like I need a submarine, but I also needed a bit of a pick-me-up - probably picked up more than I should have
girlhaha.gif
but what the heck.

Sorry I haven't posted my pics like I said I would, but I was crazy work busy yesterday, and had book club last night - ended up being gone most of today.

BTW Elegant, it was Emotive that I ordered. Love the pic!! So chic and sexy!
graucho.gif

girlhaha.gif

Hi sweetie!!
th_kiss.gif

It's good to be naughty!!
graucho.gif
Hope you feel a bit better.
kissy.gif
Enjoy your lippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I feel so sophisticated when I know I'm wearing Chanel.

That's why I almost never get MAC lippies!! I'm a Chanel lip babe!!
love.gif

stv578

Elegant, that book has a really good rating on the Indigo website (Indigo is a major book retailer here). Let us know what you think of it!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
OMG!
drools.gif

I was just on the nail polish swatch thread here on specktra and one of the posts had swatches of all three khakis nps shades. I must say...I am starting to like Brun more and more these days!...Ive said that before on here, but its becoming more true. LOL! It's not all brown...there is some olive-ness to it that is striking? Not entirely sure it would like best on me.

Brun is very unique and not ugly like we thought. It is not that warm too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
Is there a Chanel nail polish shade that is brown with a hint of red? If so, and you own it...can put up a swatch pic?
smiles.gif

I don't own these, but you can try Madness and Diabolic.

Quote:
img3500z.jpg

So, dh surprised me with this book today while we were shopping
love.gif

And then I bought Excessive ls
heart.gif

love.gif
Perfect!

Quote:
Oh, & it was really funny - while I was at the SAKS Chanel counter, another lady came up asking for the Khaki np
girlhaha.gif
She said omg it was so awful trying to order on the site last night...I would put something in my cart & it would take it out & then everything was gone blah blah blah & I am laughing to myself. So my chanel lady says, well perfect timing because you are standing next to the perfect person to talk to about it (me
greengrin.gif
).

She was looking for Rose Khaki, Steel & the SOHO items
tong.gif
So we had a great chat.

lol.gif
This is really funny and you must have a pleasant chat with her. It's so enjoyable to chat and fuss about makeup with another fanatic. Non-makeup fans cannot appreciate our fuss.
winks.gif

Quote:
I ended up walking away with Emotion, Desirable, Adorable and Crazed. I don't remember ever having seen these before (getting on this forum, anyway
winkiss.gif
girlhaha.gif
but what the heck.

Enjoy your new lipsticks! How does Adorable compare to Confidentielle? Are they similar? I played with the new lippies yesterday at the counter, again
lol.gif
, and Emotion is so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Elegant, that book has a really good rating on the Indigo website (Indigo is a major book retailer here). Let us know what you think of it!

yes.gif
Tell us how you find the book, elegant! I want the book too!

shimmergrass

I went to my local Nordstrom yesterday. At the Chanel counter, I inquired about the Khaki nps and the lady called Nordstrom in San Francisco, so the Nordstrom in Union Square had the collection out yesterday to celebrate 'Fashion Night out'.

So I ordered Khaki Vert over the phone and got free shipping to home.
I am so happy!!
smiles.gif

Lets hope the order pulls through and I do receive it.
SO if anyone is interested call the Nordstrom in Union Square, San Francisco.
smiles.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
I was hell bent on Excessive, but changed my mind at the last minute
lol.gif
Well, now I feel like I made a good choice (even though I will eventually get Excessive) So you really like the color on? Is it like a raspberry red on?

You are so funny & sweet - glad you were able to get your goodies in the wee hours of the morning
girlhaha.gif

oh, & the mosquito hickey
lol.gif
I bet that little bugger feels happy

blush-anim-cl.gif
th_kiss.gif
winkiss.gif

Yep, I love Emotive! It's kind of a raspberry/strawberry combo when on my lips. It's not as blue as most raspberry tones are on me, this one seems to have some more pink/red thrown in (I think my lip color pulls it a bit more red?). The formula is awesome (as usual, RA's have become my new fav lip formula), not streaky, and the color applies like a dream right out of the tube. I hope you love it!
heart.gif

BTW, I love the book pic! So perfect.
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I keep reading rumors on TPF that the Soho collection will eventually trickle down to the larger department stores here in the US, around the October/November timeframe. Same for the Les Khakis collection. I hope so. Then I'll get another chance (and time to save) at the Soho quad and Stunning (which I now want, go figure)!

I hope this is true! Of course I also want Stunning now that we can't get it (and the quad, of course). I'll probably want the RAL when we see pics of it, imagine that.
lol.gif

Enjoy your Sunday ladies. Go niners!
pompom.gif

elegant-one

I forgot. I wore the new Chanel Inimitable Intense Noir mascara for the first time yesterday & I LOVED it. Its not as vavoom as Diorshow, but really did lengthen my lashes & the brush picked up/coated every little hair. The best part - no flaking, smudging or peppering around the eye after an entire day.

And the Chanel lady gave me 2 large packaged samples of the newest Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate serum. It has some revolutionary ingredient none of the other products have. Like I could remember what it was
th_dunno.gif

I tried it last night & my skin was very very smooth. We'll see though if there is any real noticeable difference after a couple weeks.

And, I wore MAC's Bloodline pigment above the crease over the Enigma quad
love.gif
smokin

Winthrop44

Excessive looks so pretty! How does it compare to Cambon? Karla's swatches look pretty similar...are they RC/RA versions of the same color?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Excessive looks so pretty! How does it compare to Cambon? Karla's swatches look pretty similar...are they RC/RA versions of the same color?

No, I didn't think they were the same. Excessive is a brighter but still nice red - pretty much like Exces in ls form. Cambon is def. more pink red.
I also swatched Lover (thanks Eugenia) & it will be the next red I get. Its more of a blue base red - but a little deeper. Very pretty

Excessive is very Chanel red

missanne

Quote:
I forgot. I wore the new Chanel Inimitable Intense Noir mascara for the first time yesterday & I LOVED it. Its not as vavoom as Diorshow, but really did lengthen my lashes & the brush picked up/coated every little hair. The best part - no flaking, smudging or peppering around the eye after an entire day.

Thanks for your review. My MA gave me a sample of that mascara and I've been getting compliments ever since I started wearing it.
pretty.gif
I have short, curly lashes and this mascara gave me great length and volume that wasn't OTT. I agree, no flaking or smudging. Glad you like it as well. I brought the purple and I love it!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanne
Thanks for your review. My MA gave me a sample of that mascara and I've been getting compliments ever since I started wearing it.
pretty.gif
I have short, curly lashes and this mascara gave me great length and volume that wasn't OTT. I agree, no flaking or smudging. Glad you like it as well. I brought the purple and I love it!

It really is a nice mascara isn't it. I kinda wanted the burgundy color, it looked so pretty when she swatched it yesterday. I have 3 sample tubes of it, but when those are out, I am def. buying a full size. Ooh, you got the purple one - I heard that color was very popular.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I'm so excited football season has begun!!
OMG!! I.Want.It!!
th_worship.gif
greengrin.gif

THe pic it's so perfect elegant!! Love the lippie next to the book in a sateen background!!
heart2.gif

I LOVE football too! Yes, the book is so adorable! Love the lippie too. Classic Chanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

I read a few pages today & the book is so charming & informative & insightful into Chanels history & Coco's personality. I'm loving it. & dh is so proud he found it
girlhaha.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
lol.gif
This is really funny and you must have a pleasant chat with her. It's so enjoyable to chat and fuss about makeup with another fanatic. Non-makeup fans cannot appreciate our fuss.
winks.gif

She was just as excited to find someone that new about all the new Chanel products. Yep, I love love to chat makeup.

Megan - I cannot wait to get my order. I know if you love it on I will too.
yes.gif

elegant-one

funny, I had swatches of almost all the red lipsticks on my hand & dh picked out Excessive as his fave. I walked around in different lighting to see if the colors changed before I made my final decision.

AND I missed telling you guys one of the highlights of my day - I tried on the $4700 white Chanel watch (that's the one without the diamonds)
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif

yeah, another priceless look on dh face when the guy told him the price
lol.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
It really is a nice mascara isn't it. I kinda wanted the burgundy color, it looked so pretty when she swatched it yesterday. I have 3 sample tubes of it, but when those are out, I am def. buying a full size. Ooh, you got the purple one - I heard that color was very popular.

I am enjoying my sample tubes too. I was at a counter in Belk a few hours from home yesterday (very rare for Belk to have a Chanel counter but this one has both Chanel and MAC) and the MA showed me the purple. I thought it was really pretty. They unfortunately had NONE of the newer products - not the new RAs or extrait de glosses, not even Gris liner. That was pretty disappointing. I walked away empty-handed.
th_dunno.gif
I did swatch Misty-Soft though and confirmed my decision not to order it - for me the lighter color would have had to be lighter/more brightening and it didn't seem as blendable as the others (although that could have just been the tester I tried).

TealAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanne
pretty.gif

Does it look purple on the lashes?

smiles.gif

TealAngel

I have a question about samples...

Say, If I went to my Chanel counter in Macys...would be my first time at the counter...and took interest in some products...the lipsticks and the new mascara in the four shades, but wasn't 100% sure on a product, can I ask if they have samples of that product, to try at home first, before buying anything?

Latest posts