General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

^^I think that is reasonable. Just keep in mind, they may not have samples to give you, though. I'm pretty sure the return policy in most department stores would allow you to purchase a product and return it if it wasn't working for you...so long as the product isn't practically empty before you return it.
th_wink3.gif

missanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
Does it look purple on the lashes?
smiles.gif

Not a real bright obvious purple. It's a nice sophisticated purple.You can really see it in the sun though.
team_purple.gif

missanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
I have a question about samples...

Say, If I went to my Chanel counter in Macys...would be my first time at the counter...and took interest in some products...the lipsticks and the new mascara in the four shades, but wasn't 100% sure on a product, can I ask if they have samples of that product, to try at home first, before buying anything?

I always get samples of products before I purchase. I'm not sure if you're inquiring about samples of lip products though.I'm not sure if they'll do that. Try to build a relationship with the MA, they become more generous with samples, etc. and more forgiving with returns.HTH
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanne
I always get samples of products before I purchase. I'm not sure if you're inquiring about samples of lip products though.I'm not sure if they'll do that. Try to build a relationship with the MA, they become more generous with samples, etc. and more forgiving with returns.HTH
winks.gif

Exactly!

BTW - I just did my nails with Steel -ugghh I kinda had a hard time
tong.gif
but it looks so cool! This polish seemed so much thicker so I only did one coat.

elegant-one

I had a hard time seeing where the brush was
tong.gif

Although I do like the color, I wish it was almost a bit more silvered steel grey black

purrtykitty

I'm going to do comparisons this week between Steel and the anthracite colors from OPI's and CG's fall collections. But, based on my memory, I'm going to say that you'd probably really like OPI Lucertain-ly Look Marvelous or CG Jitterbug.

stv578

Evening ladies...

Hope everyone had a great weekend... as usual, I went into work for a bit, but otherwise had a relaxing weekend after the first, very hectic week with both kids now in school.

So I'm almost out of my current translucent loose powder (have used LM's for years and years now), and was thinking of getting Chanel's translucent powder, I think it's called Cristalline? Anybody have this or tried it? The site isn't working that great atm, but it says it's an ultra fine powder. Loose powder is one item I don't mind spending a bit on, because I always finish it up, which usually takes about 2, sometimes closer to 3 years!

I also rechecked the Cdn site again, and saw that Silhouette is on there, so it's not going anywhere soon, therefore no need to rush out and get it.

Other question, Karin, how did you find the coverage for Star glossimer? Is it as sheer as Futile?

purrtykitty

Star is as sheer as Futile and it's more pink...not that you can really tell on the lips. I took swatches today (it was sunny!) and I'll be doing that post on my blog tomorrow.
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
funny, I had swatches of almost all the red lipsticks on my hand & dh picked out Excessive as his fave. I walked around in different lighting to see if the colors changed before I made my final decision.

AND I missed telling you guys one of the highlights of my day - I tried on the $4700 white Chanel watch (that's the one without the diamonds)
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif

yeah, another priceless look on dh face when the guy told him the price
lol.gif

The white J12 is gorgeous! I only got to admire it from the display window.
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Steel is nearly a one-coater, as is Strong. I found Strong to have a thicker formula than Steel.

Are they as thick as Nouvelle Vague or thicker? I found NV quite thick.

Latest posts