General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Are they as thick as Nouvelle Vague or thicker? I found NV quite thick.

I think Steel is a bit thinner than NV, and Strong is the same consistency. It's not that they are super thick, they just seem less runny than those 3-free polishes.

I haven't received a cancellation notice, but I haven't received a shipping notice, either. Still crossing my fingers!

That holiday quad is pretty, but definitely passable for me. Coppers and pinks are two colors that are really difficult for me to wear.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Do any of you use Chanel foundations? I'm always trying to find the perfect foundation and so far, everything has been "ok". I've decided the great foundation hunt will be over before 2011, so I need to start kicking my search into high gear.

I haven't tried any Chanel foundations because of my darn sensitivities. All of the ones I checked contained things I can't use, but if you are in a place where you can check out Chantecaille I highly recommend Future Skin. It is wonderful, truly makes my skin look like my skin but way better! Chantecaille is not widely available here and as a result counters are usually very nice about sending out foundation samples so you can get a match. Here's Karla's review with swatches:

Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

Although it's very expensive a jar lasts me at least 6 months. My first jar actually lasted about 9 months! It's so blendable that I can use it only where needed. I'm a light NC15 and use Porcelain. In Real Skin SPF30 I've used Fresh, but like other reviewers on MUA I found that I went thru that really fast so it was alot more pricey than FS. HTH!
winkiss.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I haven't tried any Chanel foundations because of my darn sensitivities. All of the ones I checked contained things I can't use, but if you are in a place where you can check out Chantecaille I highly recommend Future Skin. It is wonderful, truly makes my skin look like my skin but way better! Chantecaille is not widely available here and as a result counters are usually very nice about sending out foundation samples so you can get a match. Here's Karla's review with swatches:

Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

Although it's very expensive a jar lasts me at least 6 months. My first jar actually lasted about 9 months! It's so blendable that I can use it only where needed. I'm a light NC15 and use Porcelain. In Real Skin SPF30 I've used Fresh, but like other reviewers on MUA I found that I went thru that really fast so it was alot more pricey than FS. HTH!
winkiss.gif

I second this. The Chantecaille Future Skin is amazing and really don't need a lot of product. I've never had luck with the Chanel foundations myself.

Good luck!

elegant-one

Quote:
I highly recommend Future Skin. It is wonderful, truly makes my skin look like my skin but way better! Chantecaille is not widely available here and as a result counters are usually very nice about sending out foundation samples so you can get a match. Here's Karla's review with swatches:

Ahh crap, I forgot all about this foundation. I know you told me about it before. I really want to try this out. Thanks for reminding me
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I'm a light NC15 and use Porcelain. In Real Skin SPF30 I've used Fresh, but like other reviewers on MUA I found that I went thru that really fast so it was alot more pricey than FS. HTH!
winkiss.gif

So, the Porcelain isn't too light? I noticed some of the comments said it was too white.

Camnagem

Possible break outs (yeah, I'm prone...dammit, lol), problems with sensitive skin (yep, me too!) and a foundation that's good but not good enough for Elegant to stop looking elsewhere means I'll probably just move on to other brands!

Thank you so much ladies for your thoughts.
friends.gif

Winthrop, that Chantecaille foundation sounds great. I'll try to get a sample of that one ASAP. I'm also thinking about Laura Mercier's new Creme Smooth Foundation, it sounds wonderful but being so new there isn't much info about it yet.

Nora, you asked about Chanel's loose powder recently right? I haven't tried it but I'd really like to. Hopefully someone who has used it can let us both know if it's worth it or not.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
So, the Porcelain isn't too light? I noticed some of the comments said it was too white.

It's not too light on me, but I am pretty white (with neutral to yellow undertones). Karla was matched to Porcelain at a counter and she is not as light as I am...I think she's NW20? I'm not positive but I know she's not as white as me. Remember I am not slathering it on either though. I don't think I'd want to see what it looks like slathered on in any shade...I really think it's meant to be applied sparingly....and sheered out.
lol.gif
I did use Alabaster for almost a year before Porcelain came out, so I think that speaks to how blendable it really is. If the Porcelain is too light the next set of shades up are Ivory (pink undertones)-Alabaster (neutral but imo it has quite a bit of yellow in it)-Chamomile (yellow undertones). If I was an NW15-20 I would try to get samples of Porcelain, Alabaster and Ivory.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid

How is the highlighter? I'm on the hunt for a highlighter. Natural and glowy not sparkly. Is this a good one to go for or is there a better option out there?
Thanks!

If you are talking about the SOHO face powder -The stone/vanilla & champagne peach pink colors are natural slight pearl matte & silky, the darker shade has slight shimmer but the powder as a whole is very finely milled - glorious
winks.gif

MzzRach

I'm another fan of Mademoiselle - just a great universal shade. I also love Rouge Orage, which I don't hear much chat about. It's such a lovely, face brightening shade.

mrslid

Quote:

I'm more a NC/NW10 and use Porcelian so I am a bit surprised it works on a 15. It is fairly light coverage though so maybe it works across a broader shade range.

elegant-one

I just wanted to say how great it is to have so many new Chanel lovers/contributors! It really helps to receive information from everyone
winks.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
WOW! Im loving magnolia RC!!
smiles.gif

Thanks for the link! I LOVE that promo pic!! Maybe I should only get a couple more permanent RC's now and save my $ for this collection. I wonder how much of this is LE and how much will become permanent?

edit...oops I meant to quote the original post with link from elegant-one. Thanks!

mrslid

Quote:
If you are talking about the SOHO face powder -The stone/vanilla & champagne peach pink colors are natural slight pearl matte & silky, the darker shade has slight shimmer but the powder as a whole is very finely milled - glorious
winks.gif

Thank you....yes I was speaking of SOHO. Ahhh now I'm totally lemming something I'll likely never be able to get my hands on LOL.

elegant-one

Quote:
Thank you....yes I was speaking of SOHO. Ahhh now I'm totally lemming something I'll likely never be able to get my hands on LOL.

Oh, how great - you posted your lovely pic!
smiles.gif
Ah, I feel bad if you cannot get it - maybe somewhere?

elegant-one

Quote:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm Legende never looks frosty in any of the pics I see but I've heard in reviews people complaining it was too frosty? What gives? Is it frosty and it just doesn't come across in pics?

No, legende isn't frosty that I remember

I LOVE the look of Stunt

Latest posts