General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Legende probably isn't all that frosty. Just frosty in comparison with most of the other RC's.

Hey FYI - I didn't get a ship email confirmation, but I just checked my Chanel account online & it shipped today. woot

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Hey FYI - I didn't get a ship email confirmation, but I just checked my Chanel account online & it shipped today. woot

Yay! I checked my account, and both my packages have shipped as well! I love that the distribution center is in TN. I get my packages so much faster than most other online retailers.

Hypathya

Hi ladies!!
kissy.gif
Hope you had great weekends!!

Quote:
It really is a nice mascara isn't it. I kinda wanted the burgundy color, it looked so pretty when she swatched it yesterday. I have 3 sample tubes of it, but when those are out, I am def. buying a full size. Ooh, you got the purple one - I heard that color was very popular.

I love to wear a coat of purple mascara over my 2 coats of black one. It really brings out brown eyes!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
funny, I had swatches of almost all the red lipsticks on my hand & dh picked out Excessive as his fave. I walked around in different lighting to see if the colors changed before I made my final decision.

AND I missed telling you guys one of the highlights of my day - I tried on the $4700 white Chanel watch (that's the one without the diamonds)
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif

yeah, another priceless look on dh face when the guy told him the price
lol.gif

Awesome!! I bet your hubby bought you the diamonds one!!
winkiss.gif
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
So I'm almost out of my current translucent loose powder (have used LM's for years and years now), and was thinking of getting Chanel's translucent powder, I think it's called Cristalline? Anybody have this or tried it? The site isn't working that great atm, but it says it's an ultra fine powder. Loose powder is one item I don't mind spending a bit on, because I always finish it up, which usually takes about 2, sometimes closer to 3 years!

Hi Nora!!

Cristalline it's the most finely milled loose powder I've ever seen... but it has some shimmer. The shimmer it's also very finely milled but it's there. I don't use it as a setting powder, but as a highlighter. It's meant to be used both face and body.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Steel is nearly a one-coater, as is Strong. I found Strong to have a thicker formula than Steel.

Thanks Karin, it's good to know!!

Quote:
img3507x.jpg

Sept. Allure
Chanel Quadra Tentation Culvre

& I got my nails in the shot done in Steel
greengrin.gif

OMG!!!
yummy.gif
That quad to me!! My collection would be incomplete without it, right??
cutey.gif

Elegant your nails are incredible!! Is there anything in you that isn't gorgeous??
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Hello my fellow Chanel junkies!! I just joined Specktra yesterday and I'm looking forward to getting caught up on this thread and getting to know you all better. I just fell fast and hard for Chanel several months ago and I'm loving it. My favourites from the line would have to be the Rouge Coco lipsticks. I have many JC's and quads as well as some Glossimers.

Hi sweetie!!
wavey.gif
It's so nice to see we're more and more Chanel junkies each day!!
heart2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Do any of you use Chanel foundations? I'm always trying to find the perfect foundation and so far, everything has been "ok". I've decided the great foundation hunt will be over before 2011, so I need to start kicking my search into high gear.

Really helpful formula wise, but now I'm left wondering...are they any good?

If you use a Chanel foundation (or have in the past), what are your thoughts? Do they have good wear time? Do they oxidize? How was the formula and coverage? Do you prefer another brand?

I'll be heading out sometime this week to get a few samples, but I'd love to hear what you guys think (as always!). Love you guys!
heart.gif

Hi Megan!!
th_kiss.gif
I've tried all Chanel foundations and none has broke me out. As I've said I have really complex complexion
lol.gif
It's waay to oily in the center of my face (forehead, nose, cheeks), waay too dry on the outer (temples, chin and lower part of my cheeks) and huge pores. I'm really prone to blackheads. That said: Mat Lumiere it's the best one I've tried for my complexion, but doesn't last flawless for more than 4 hours. None Chanel foundations oxidize. Teint Inocence has a gorgeous finish. Vitalumiere it's great for dry skins or winter. If your complexion it's normal, Pro Lumiere it's simply amazing. All of them give that healthy glow Chanel it's so well known for, but none photographs nicely. I'm currently using Temptu S/B as airbrushing my skin gives me better results and lasts longer (up to 15 hours).

If you have any further questions, please ask!!

Quote:
I just wanted to say how great it is to have so many new Chanel lovers/contributors! It really helps to receive information from everyone
winks.gif

iagree.gif

Miss QQ

Hi, Eugenia!
wavey.gif

lol.gif
I saw the new but pricier 22mm J12 with diamonds and they are smaller than the 28mm J12 without diamonds. The 22mm would look elegant on my tiny wrist, while the bigger one looks sporty.
love.gif
We all need a J12 in our lives.
tong.gif

Today I'm wearing Kaska Beige without the coppery beige shade and it is all right on me - doesn't make me look sick. This quad has been ignored by me and I decided to wear it because I saw the holiday quad last night. Quite sure I'm pass the holiday quad.

Quote:
Thank you! I've noticed Legende seems pretty popular but wondered if it would be too OTT pink? Not that pink looks bad on me but because of my colouring everything ends up darker and much more vibrant on me.

I LOVE using Karla's swatches as a reference too since she has colouring closer to me than a majority of the other swatchers out there.

It is a deep raspberry pink on me. My lips are medium pigmented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Hi and welcome! I haven't been able to get on this forum as much lately -- I have lots of catching up to do!
I got a sample of Legende and it is really pretty. It is a deeper raspberry pink on me. It seems to have a hint of golden sheen. Really pretty -- it is a brighter pink on me and not something I'd wear every day. I tried it with a sheer pink gloss on top and that really toned it down. Hope that helps
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
I got a sample tube of it too. Not something I will wear every day but it's pretty.

Quote:
Do any of you use Chanel foundations? I'm always trying to find the perfect foundation and so far, everything has been "ok". I've decided the great foundation hunt will be over before 2011, so I need to start kicking my search into high gear.

If you use a Chanel foundation (or have in the past), what are your thoughts? Do they have good wear time? Do they oxidize? How was the formula and coverage? Do you prefer another brand?

I'll be heading out sometime this week to get a few samples, but I'd love to hear what you guys think (as always!). Love you guys!
heart.gif

I had the fluid Teint Innocent in 020 and I love it. The finish is gorgeous on me. It doesn't oxidise or break me out. I will buy a new bottle when I finish using my current Dior Extreme Fit.

I like my foundations to give light/medium coverage. I have a powder White Essentiel (probably Asia only) in 030 but I bought the wrong shade since I'm NC20. But the finish is very smooth as well. I've tried samples of cream Vitalumiere, powder Vitalumiere Eclat, Mat Lumiere fluid and powder and they are all good.
smiles.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Cristalline it's the most finely milled loose powder I've ever seen... but it has some shimmer. The shimmer it's also very finely milled but it's there. I don't use it as a setting powder, but as a highlighter. It's meant to be used both face and body.
winkiss.gif

Hi Megan!!
th_kiss.gif
I've tried all Chanel foundations and none has broke me out. As I've said I have really complex complexion
lol.gif
It's waay to oily in the center of my face (forehead, nose, cheeks), waay too dry on the outer (temples, chin and lower part of my cheeks) and huge pores. I'm really prone to blackheads. That said: Mat Lumiere it's the best one I've tried for my complexion, but doesn't last flawless for more than 4 hours. None Chanel foundations oxidize. Teint Inocence has a gorgeous finish. Vitalumiere it's great for dry skins or winter. If your complexion it's normal, Pro Lumiere it's simply amazing. All of them give that healthy glow Chanel it's so well known for, but none photographs nicely. I'm currently using Temptu S/B as airbrushing my skin gives me better results and lasts longer (up to 15 hours).

If you have any further questions, please ask!!

Thank you so much for your wealth of information as usual!!!
friends.gif
love.gif
th_kiss.gif

My skin has totally changed since the move to Colorado from So Cal. It used to be pretty oily and now it's for sure on the dry side and very sensitive. It totally made all of my former skincare and base items obsolete so I've been hunting for quite a while now...why does it take so long to find what works?!? Oh well, I'll probably try a few samples from Chanel when I try others...might as well. I'll be trying a bunch anyway, so if I break out from any of them I'll just hide for a week or so.
lol.gif

Is Cristalline the same as the Poudre Universelle Libre loose finishing powder? I really don't need another highlighting powder, so that's out for me if they're the same. When my current finishing powder runs out I'm looking to try another brand and of course my first thought was Chanel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Today I'm wearing Kaska Beige without the coppery beige shade and it is all right on me - doesn't make me look sick. This quad has been ignored by me and I decided to wear it because I saw the holiday quad last night. Quite sure I'm pass the holiday quad.

Thank you for your thoughts on the foundations!
friends.gif

Kaska Beige is one of the quads I go back and forth on all the time. I'm so glad you were able to find a way to make it work for you. I eventually decided to pass on it and pick up Dior's Iridescent Leather quint for my neutral fix instead. I love the IL quint, but for some reason I still think about Kaska Beige...sigh.
lol.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:

Kaska Beige is one of the quads I go back and forth on all the time. I'm so glad you were able to find a way to make it work for you. I eventually decided to pass on it and pick up Dior's Iridescent Leather quint for my neutral fix instead. I love the IL quint, but for some reason I still think about Kaska Beige...sigh.
lol.gif

I have IL too! IL is a true neutral quad for me, maybe just slightly warm, but almost undetectable. It is very easy and safe, and it is so neutral that it looks like a no makeup look, or in other words a little boring. Kaska Beige is trickier for me, but if it works on your skintone, it can look sultry, like the model in Chanel's promo pic. Kaska Beige goes well with Cassis
love.gif
(which goes with so many things).

I am using the Poudre Universelle Libre, the loose powder, and it gives a velvety finish and no shine (you can check out the description on the website). I haven't try Cristalline before but it says that it gives a sheen. If you don't want any shine I would say go with Universelle.

User38

Quote:

yahoo.gif
I just got my money credited from my cancelled Chanel orders..lolol.. only took 12 days
shockt.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

frankly, buying from Chanel is way too stressful for me personally -- and, the SOHO collex as nice as it is, is quite dupable now that I have seen it in vivo(sorry to all who totally love it..jmho)
winkiss.gif

User38

^ as refers the Kaska Beige quad.. I finally hit the pan on the med golden shade.. which appears to be the one I run to the most
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I love to wear a coat of purple mascara over my 2 coats of black one. It really brings out brown eyes!!
winkiss.gif

Awesome!! I bet your hubby bought you the diamonds one!!
winkiss.gif
lol.gif

OMG!!!
yummy.gif
That quad to me!! My collection would be incomplete without it, right??
cutey.gif

Elegant your nails are incredible!! Is there anything in you that isn't gorgeous??
love.gif

Teint Inocence has a gorgeous finish.

Ooh, that sounds pretty - I did not think of using the color mascara over the black!
I am liking the quad too!
Yeah, I wish - on the watch
sigh.gif
it is a BEAUTY on
lol.gif
umm, yeah..but I wouldn't post it here
girlhaha.gif
That was such a sweet thing to say
winkiss.gif

Yes, the finish of the Teint foundation is beautiful. My DIL loves it - its what she has been using for awhile.

stv578

Miss QQ, I also skip the brown shade in the Kaska Beige quad and it looks okay. I've actually been using the Taupe Delicat duo for a week straight now, because it's just so quick and easy to use!

Eugenia, Miss QQ, thanks for the info on the loose powders. I'll have to go and have a look. I figure I can stretch the remainder of my LM powder for about 2-3 more weeks!

RedRibbon

My mum loves their Rouge Hydrabase lipsticks. Before she had those, her lips were super dry. They were flaking and peeling and it was just not nice. She tried so many lip balms and nothing worked. I bought the Chanel Hydrabase lipstick randomly and within a few days, it had sorted her lips out.
thmbup.gif

Shadowy Lady

I had a sample of Teint Innocense in 020 and thought it was ok but not too fantastic. It's weird that it matched me too though I'm darker than Miss QQ and cooler toned (I'm NW25). I think I'm gonna try a sample of vitalumiere next. I don't know if it can compete with my HG's (Nars sheer glow and MUFE HD) but we shall see.

I moved my makeover appointment from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. Still not sure what I want to get as my two purchases with the makeover. I'm thinking of the new inmitable mascara in burgundy perhaps? I have golden brown/hazel eyes and burgundy always looks great on me. Then for my next item I'm thinking either the plum blush from fall or an eyeshadow. I could also get another Rouge Coco coz I love them. I already have Rouge Noir, Orchidee, Cambon and Teheran.

Any suggestion girls?

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Hi, Eugenia!
wavey.gif

lol.gif
I saw the new but pricier 22mm J12 with diamonds and they are smaller than the 28mm J12 without diamonds. The 22mm would look elegant on my tiny wrist, while the bigger one looks sporty.
love.gif
We all need a J12 in our lives.
tong.gif

Hi dear!!
th_kiss.gif

That would be heaven, a world were we all had J12!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Thank you so much for your wealth of information as usual!!!
friends.gif
love.gif
th_kiss.gif

My skin has totally changed since the move to Colorado from So Cal. It used to be pretty oily and now it's for sure on the dry side and very sensitive. It totally made all of my former skincare and base items obsolete so I've been hunting for quite a while now...why does it take so long to find what works?!? Oh well, I'll probably try a few samples from Chanel when I try others...might as well. I'll be trying a bunch anyway, so if I break out from any of them I'll just hide for a week or so.
lol.gif

Is Cristalline the same as the Poudre Universelle Libre loose finishing powder? I really don't need another highlighting powder, so that's out for me if they're the same. When my current finishing powder runs out I'm looking to try another brand and of course my first thought was Chanel.
Thank you for your thoughts on the foundations!
friends.gif

Hi Meg!!
kissy.gif

It's my pleasure to be able to help.
winkiss.gif

Why don't you give Chanel Mousse Comfort and Lotion Comfort a try. The Solution Desesstresante I adore so much and totally saved my skin during PhD and moving to this dry city, it's no longer available
cry.gif
. But I do think that cleanser and tonic could help you. They're meant to sooth, gently hydrate and depollut stressed and sensitive skin. Ask for some samples or to try with them at the cabin during your next visit at a Chanel counter.

Cristalline loose powder it's not the same as Poudre Universelle Libre. Cristalline is transparent with sheen and Poudre Universelle it's a coloured loose powder, gives a natural matte finish and it's gorgeous on it's own on a bare face. When I don't have enough time to do a full face I put just PU on and I look pretty decent.

Quote:
Ooh, that sounds pretty - I did not think of using the color mascara over the black!
I am liking the quad too!
Yeah, I wish - on the watch
sigh.gif
it is a BEAUTY on
lol.gif
umm, yeah..but I wouldn't post it here
girlhaha.gif
That was such a sweet thing to say
winkiss.gif

Yes, the finish of the Teint foundation is beautiful. My DIL loves it - its what she has been using for awhile.

You should give puple or burgundy mascara a try, you'll love it. It'll bring out your eyes. I do it when I don't have enough time to do my eyes properly. It's simple but effective!!
winkiss.gif

girlhaha.gif
You're gorgeous, elegant!!

Quote:
Eugenia, Miss QQ, thanks for the info on the loose powders. I'll have to go and have a look. I figure I can stretch the remainder of my LM powder for about 2-3 more weeks!

Hi Nora!!
th_kiss.gif
I'm glad to help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
My mum loves their Rouge Hydrabase lipsticks. Before she had those, her lips were super dry. They were flaking and peeling and it was just not nice. She tried so many lip balms and nothing worked. I bought the Chanel Hydrabase lipstick randomly and within a few days, it had sorted her lips out.
thmbup.gif

Sadly, Rouge Hydrabase it's discontinued!! But your mom should give Rouge Coco a try!!
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I moved my makeover appointment from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. Still not sure what I want to get as my two purchases with the makeover. I'm thinking of the new inmitable mascara in burgundy perhaps? I have golden brown/hazel eyes and burgundy always looks great on me. Then for my next item I'm thinking either the plum blush from fall or an eyeshadow. I could also get another Rouge Coco coz I love them. I already have Rouge Noir, Orchidee, Cambon and Teheran.

Any suggestion girls?

Hi Sadeeh!!
th_hug.gif
Hope you're fine now!! Those are awesome picks for your next visit to the Chanel counter. What do you think of Madmoiselle, Cambon, Gabrielle or Paris RC?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

Hi Sadeeh!!
th_hug.gif
Hope you're fine now!! Those are awesome picks for your next visit to the Chanel counter. What do you think of Madmoiselle, Cambon, Gabrielle or Paris RC?

Thank you sweetie
winkiss.gif
, I'm in the same place actually IRL but trying to be positive about everything. There are things that are outta my control and being stressed about them won't help anyone.

I have Cambon already and love it! Mademoiselle hardly shows up on me
ssad.gif
. My lips are this bright pinky red shade so I need really pigmented stuff, lol! I'm gonna check out Gabrielle and Paris. I remember swatching Paris and loving it a while back.

purrtykitty

Ahhh, I'm getting so impatient! My Les Khakis have arrived in Omaha, but won't be delivered until tomorrow. I wish I could go pick them up!

mrslid

I'm hoping some of you lovely Chanel lovers can help me out. I'm considering purchasing Muse or Bois des Iles RC's online and have never seen them in person as I'm not near a counter. The only swatches I've seen are on Temptalia and KarlaSugar. Does anyone own either of these or know of any other swatches out there I can see. They aren't the more popular shades so I'm having a hard time finding more info on them.
Thanks!!!

stv578

Quote:
Ahhh, I'm getting so impatient! My Les Khakis have arrived in Omaha, but won't be delivered until tomorrow. I wish I could go pick them up!

That was actually pretty quick though! They got the package to Omaha faster than it took to actually order it!!!

Quote:
I'm hoping some of you lovely Chanel lovers can help me out. I'm considering purchasing Muse or Bois des Iles RC's online and have never seen them in person as I'm not near a counter. The only swatches I've seen are on Temptalia and KarlaSugar. Does anyone own either of these or know of any other swatches out there I can see. They aren't the more popular shades so I'm having a hard time finding more info on them.
Thanks!!!

If you can hold off a day or so, i'll try to swatch Muse for you. I think it's one of the one's I have. Nice colour, but I personally am not a huge fan of it, since it wears as a dusty, neutral slightly brownish pinky-red on me, and even though it's quite flattering on, I'm just not that into that particular type of colour. It's a lovely colour with a lovely sheen though. (Ya, I realize that didn't make much sense!).

purrtykitty

Quote:
That was actually pretty quick though! They got the package to Omaha faster than it took to actually order it!!!

Haha, pretty much true! Most online retailers' distribution centers (at least the ones I order from) are on the east coast. Chanel's is in Tennessee, so it only takes two days to get to Omaha. One of the reasons I love ordering from Chanel.

mrslid

Quote:
If you can hold off a day or so, i'll try to swatch Muse for you. I think it's one of the one's I have. Nice colour, but I personally am not a huge fan of it, since it wears as a dusty, neutral slightly brownish pinky-red on me, and even though it's quite flattering on, I'm just not that into that particular type of colour. It's a lovely colour with a lovely sheen though. (Ya, I realize that didn't make much sense!).

LOL hmmm I think you've confused me more ;-)

Thanks I would love to see it!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Thank you sweetie
winkiss.gif
, I'm in the same place actually IRL but trying to be positive about everything. There are things that are outta my control and being stressed about them won't help anyone.

I have Cambon already and love it! Mademoiselle hardly shows up on me
ssad.gif
. My lips are this bright pinky red shade so I need really pigmented stuff, lol! I'm gonna check out Gabrielle and Paris. I remember swatching Paris and loving it a while back.

th_kiss.gif
Being positive always helps!! I try to remember myself: "We can't change things, but we can change the way we deal with them"
winkiss.gif

Hope you find a gorgeous RC to cheer up!!

Quote:
Thanks!!!

Sorry I can't help you... I have a huge stash of Hydrabases and still very few RC. If I'm near a counter next weekend I'll be glad to swatch them both for you!!
kissy.gif

Latest posts