General Chanel Chat

Shypo

Hi Misoxx!
wavey.gif

I am trying to think what might be like Ever Hip - I'll have to 'noodle' on that a bit, but I'm sure the other ladies on here will jump right in with recs too......

I was working with a nice sample I had of VA, and just ordered the full size today. I LOVE that foundation! Glad to hear you like its staying power, and thanks for the tip about it being better without a primer!

Miss QQ

^^ What shade did you order? All this talk on VA makes me want to buy b20 to match my skin now. I'm using the BO20 which is slightly pale for me now. I used my sample of diorskin nude b30 but it is slightly too dark. I hate to be in between 20 and 30 during summer, wish I could go more tanned to 30 but it never happens.

Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is the must-have from chanel. Its the best foundation, it covers my flaws inc acne scars and leave sme glowy and hydrated from a 20minute walk to work followed by an 8 hour day and it's still on. [no primer]. I found the glowy ness is better without a primer.

I'm looking to purchase the mouse like tan and maybe a rouge coco in a colour to ever hip by MAC, so any suggestions would be fantastic. ;)
Great that VA is loving your skin! I don't have both of these lipsticks, but how about Peregrina?

shadowaddict

Thanks for the pics and info ladies! I am seriously dying over that Ombres Tissees in Beiges -- want! The grey e/s looks lovely, although I have a gazillion greys, so we'll see if it is a must have. Both blushes look gorg, but since I have the US Rose Petale, I most likely won't get that one. I am interested in seeing Pink Cloud on more skintones.
I got a different little makeup robot postcard with my last order (the one in the shape of a girl wearing a skirt). It is so cute -- I want to frame it!
Oh my gosh, I know it is so gorgeous. I googled and like you guys I saw July but can't find anything else about it.

Ikram

Hi

just a simple question:

what are the Chanel must-haves from perm or now-available items? Im having appointment with national MA and want to start puting a list of my items together.

Im sort of new to chanel so my collection is not that big, and Iam mostly looking for eyeshadow quads.

I own Les Perles (the spring one) Lilium, Prelude and Topkapi, first 2 I loooooove, Topkapi I havent touched yet.

I am think about getting one of these:
Murano
Regard Perle
Kaska Beige
Dunes
Spices

Which one is your most favorite one?

Bonitinha

ShadowAddict -- I know, I hope we get some info soon on that Ombres Tissees in Beiges!! It is almost too pretty to use!

Ikram --
I have Dunes and Mystic Eyes -- here is a link and if you scroll down, you can compare some of the quads (the newer ones aren't in this post):
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2009/12/all-in-one-convenience-with-chanel.html

I also have Enigma which is great for smokey eyes and Topkapi (you will love that one when you break it out).

I have been eyeing Spices for a while. Dunes is a good one because it is an easy neutral quad to use. You really can't go wrong!

Shypo

Hi Ikram - your list is a very good one. I happen to LOVE Murano - it is one of my absolute faves. And I love Spices too. Like Michelle said, you can't go wrong with Dunes or Mystic Eyes either IMO.

EngineerBarbie

Just got the Rouge Byzantin l/s from Chanel.com today and OMG I am in total LOVE!!! It's my first Chanel lipstick (I had a glossimer and a polish years back) and the blue red looks so nice against my skin. Of course it cost a $$$ so I feel guilty even using it. Going to savor it until I can save enough to buy a backup.

stv578

Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is the must-have from chanel. Its the best foundation, it covers my flaws inc acne scars and leave sme glowy and hydrated from a 20minute walk to work followed by an 8 hour day and it's still on. [no primer]. I found the glowy ness is better without a primer.

I'm looking to purchase the mouse like tan and maybe a rouge coco in a colour to ever hip by MAC, so any suggestions would be fantastic. ;)

I think Chintz is the Rouge Coco closest to Ever Hip, but it's been a while since I've used either of these, so ladies, feel free to comment! And iirc, it was added on to the line as a permanent item, but I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.

User38

oh oh.. the Beiges looks awesome
cheerleader.gif

I agree with Nora about Chintz.. but again if someone is looking to sub something, be careful and try to test on lips as the lips have their own chemistry and will change the colour.. I know I had a shock when I bought Genial.. lol. That one too looks like Ever hip but is way more orange.

Nicala

So I actually found VA went on a little patchy on my nose. It goes on smoothly over a primer though. Doesn't entirely cover my acne scaring, but it makes me look naturally *flawless* if you guys know what I mean. It doesn't rub off on my cell phone like Tarte SO has and has held up really well in the heat! Looks like I'm getting my moneys worth :)

Nicala

Thats a very nice collection so far :D! Topkapi quad looks soooo beautiful but the price tag makes my heart shatter!

EngineerBarbie

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase!! It is really gorgeous! But don't feel guilty - you are SO worth it!!
pretty.gif
Thanks! I was freaking out because I've *never* spent that much on a lippie and I swore I was throwing my money away. But after I put it on and it wore for such a long time I am sold! Saving up to get a few more.

Here's a pic of me wearing the lippie:

Shypo

Thanks! I was freaking out because I've *never* spent that much on a lippie and I swore I was throwing my money away. But after I put it on and it wore for such a long time I am sold! Saving up to get a few more.
Here's a pic of me wearing the lippie:

That looks SO gorgeous on you!!! Worth every penny!!!

Beautiful look - thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

Iluvmidge2

I'm on the hunt for the Bronze Corail Bronzer from the summer collections, but it's sold out online everywhere :( Has anyone seen it at their counters or boutiques by any chance? I'm trying to find a counter that has it in stock to ship it, since there isn't any counters anywhere near me. Any help is appreciated, TIA! :)

Rinstar

So I really want either the Prelude quad or the Nordies exclusive. I can't get both.... I don't know which one to get! Any thoughts?

Shypo

I think Prelude is perm......so if you're into LE items, the Rose Envolee quad is probably your best bet. But if you're not, I would get Prelude........but then again, RE is really pretty (the dark eggplant color is my fave).....I'm surely not much help. I guess it depends on which colors you like better......I'm not sure if you're in the US or not - the Prelude quad is the US version, and RE the 'European' version, so I don't know if that makes any difference to you or not.......

Prelude is much more neutral-toned, and RE just has that pink pop that I love.

th_dunno.gif

Someone, please...... stop me...............
blinks.gif
th_crazy.gif

Rinstar

I am actually in CT as well! I think RE is most tempting because it is LE and the European version. I have quite a few pink and brown combos that I like to wear.... But then again, I do love to wear pink and brown!

Latest posts