General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

I wore Taupe eyeliner today. It doesn't do anything when I put it on my upper lash line, and I was wearing Fauve. On the lower lash line it shows up, as a intense Fauve - they are of the same shade. I also wore the Inimitable Extreme mascara sample I got. It gives good length and separation, but it doesn't hold a curl at all, just like Inimitable on me. I used my eye lash curler and curled my lashes very nicely today, and when I applied the mascara, it went stick straight! It is warm water removable, which is a plus I guess. But I didn't see the label until now so when I tried to remove it with the remover, the lancome bi-facil, it didn't come off. When I showered and gently massage my lashes, the mascara then came off. Overall I don't quite like the mascara. My favourite chanel mascaras are still Exceptionnel and Sublime. I also prefer the chanel bi-phase eye/lip makeup remover, so I'll go back to buying it when the lancome finishes.

That's a bummer about the mascara. It looks like here - at least on Chanel.com and Nordstrom online - all mascaras except variations of Inimitable are discontinued? Still looking forward to the Taupe liner!

LMD84

guys I am still trying to sort out if we can get the chanel forum like the MAC forum - where there is a sub forum for the colour stories and such. janice has been very busy with work and I am waiting to see what her thoughts are on the matter. If it gets the ok I shall start doing colour stories in the same format I did the tester Byzance one :)

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for thinking of ways to improve the chanel forum!

Quote: Originally Posted by Winthrop44

lol when I quote what you said only the above appear, without any body. Another bug? But all the mascaras are discontinued? Which means Sublime, and Exceptionnel? I'll be so sad! Although I don't buy chanel mascara, I always try to get a sample when I purchase anything. I don't wear mascara everyday so I get by with samples.

LMD84

lol when I quote what you said only the above appear, without any body. Another bug? But all the mascaras are discontinued? Which means Sublime, and Exceptionnel? I'll be so sad! Although I don't buy chanel mascara, I always try to get a sample when I purchase anything. I don't wear mascara everyday so I get by with samples.
no problem! and let me know if the quoting thing continues - i can get the web guys to take a look at it for you.

Shypo

Thanks so much for your efforts, Lou - I know that Janice is busy with her new job - we'll wait patiently! ;)

Miss QQ

Do you ladies still remember the peachy pink highlighter that we read about and saw pics of in the spring 2011 haute couture show? I came home today and got a mailer from chanel. The new makeup studio has opened and there will be the exclusive Aquarelles de Chanel collection on 1 Aug!
yahoo.gif
I'm so excited and of course I called the store immediately and according to the MA, only the e/s single and the highlighter are LE, so I have them reserved! The mailer has no pictures of the collection at all, but it has the 3d card (what are those called?) of the makeup studio animation. Here are the pics but in my excitement, they are slightly blurry. Also I googled about the collection and found the pics. From the pic here there are 2 JCs, a RCS, a np, the e/s and the highlighter. Wonder what the JCs are. The RCS looks like Boy but I'm not sure. Do we have a breakdown of the makeup they used in the show?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150211402866188&set=a.10150211402751188.315029.114417841187&type=1&theater

More pics.

http://beautyeditor.ca/2011/01/26/paris-ss-11-couture-as-usual-chanel-turns-something-so-simple-eyeliner-blush-into-utter-gorgessity/

Now 1st August couldn't come sooner!

Shypo

^^ OH MY!!! That's sounds fabulous! You lucky girl! Can't wait to see pics of the JCs! Hmmm......
hmm.gif
......wonder how we US girls can get our mitts on these?
type.gif

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- that highlighter is amazing! I thought I read somewhere that it would be available in the US in July -- but maybe I am mistaken?? I haven't heard anything more about it. Can't wait to hear you review!!

Miss QQ

I think I read it too. I believe the US will get it, and also other parts of the world. Hope everyone gets it! I will report back when I get it, which is 3 more weeks. What a long wait.

Almus

Oh Miss QQ, I love that card with the little make up ... robot?! I'll be waiting for the full report, although I am completely sure we won't even smell that collection in here (I am used to that, so I live vicariously through you ladies
girlhaha.gif
)

QueenOfSnark

Dunno if this information is correct/accurately translated, but did some digging in Google....http://www.womensbeauty-secrets.com/beauty/chanel-make-up-collection-les-aquarelles-de-chanel/

• The blush/eyeshadow/highlighter hybrid is Ombres Tissées in Beiges
  • The single eyeshadow is Gris Exquis
  • The lippy is Rouge Coco Shine 56 Chance
  • The nail polish is Les Vernis 507 Tendress
  • The JCs are Pink Cloud (former Asia exclusive) and Rose Petale. Thanks Winthrop for clearing it up! :3

According to the link this collection was supposed to be exclusive to Chanel's Milan and Rome stores starting mid-July (isn't that now?), but that might be just for Italy. I'm only interested in the hybrid thing and maybe the darker JC.

EDIT: Whoa, my post was being weird. >_> I guess it didn't like the pic. It's the one Miss QQ posted that was a link from Facebook.
EDIT2: Just saved the pic to my comp and reuploaded, it should be showing below.
EDIT3: Fixed names based on Winthrop's observations.

Shypo

Hmmmm.....Italy......I wonder if HerGreyness is heading over there to check on her abode? That Pink Cloud Rose sounds right up my alley (I can't see the pic right now)........

Pink and grey.....swoon........I love that combo! And did you notice the 'Petale Joues Contraste'? I wonder if it's a new formula?

QueenOfSnark

^Shypo, I just reuploaded the pic so you should be able to see it now. :3

Since the English on that site wasn't the best I think it's less there's a new JC formulation more probably that the other JC is called Petale...but that doesn't make sense, isn't there already a Rose Petale JC? Does it look like either of those two in the pic?

QueenOfSnark

^Thanks Winthrop! Yup, dropping the JCs from any wishlist for this as they'd probably be too light. Though if Rose Petale is the EU version...I'd try to find a way to make it work, since supposedly it's rosier than the US version.

Shypo

I agree - I think Pink Cloud was Asia exclusive last year sometime - it's something I wanted at the time - if I could get it, I would be happy, but I don't think it's a must-have for me.

I think you're right, Winthrop - re-promotes.

Winthrop44

^Thanks Winthrop! Yup, dropping the JCs from any wishlist for this as they'd probably be too light. Though if Rose Petale is the EU version...I'd try to find a way to make it work, since supposedly it's rosier than the US version.

I have the Euro Rose Petale. It's nice, but I'm not sure it's a must-have if you have Pink Explosion and Rose Tourbillon. If you do want it you can usually get it from strawberrynet.com. All of their JCs are the baked versions.

Bonitinha

Thanks for the pics and info ladies! I am seriously dying over that Ombres Tissees in Beiges -- want! The grey e/s looks lovely, although I have a gazillion greys, so we'll see if it is a must have. Both blushes look gorg, but since I have the US Rose Petale, I most likely won't get that one. I am interested in seeing Pink Cloud on more skintones.
I got a different little makeup robot postcard with my last order (the one in the shape of a girl wearing a skirt). It is so cute -- I want to frame it!

Latest posts