General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

^^ The makeup robot you got is cute! I love that one more! I'm curious about the grey e/s too, it looks like one of those from Dior. Dior has been putting out lots of greys lately, both shimmery and matte.

Now that we know what the collection consist of, I'm quite sure we read it somewhere before. I have both the JCs. Pink Cloud came out in fall last year with Rose Temptation and PE. It is mainly a highlighter for me, it is very light and I can't see how it can be used as a blusher by itself. This collection is interesting with so many cheeck products. I already have Tendresse np and Chance RCS. I potentially can own the whole collection!

ETA: I received an email today from chanel with the pic of the collection. :)

QueenOfSnark

I have the Euro Rose Petale. It's nice, but I'm not sure it's a must-have if you have Pink Explosion and Rose Tourbillon. If you do want it you can usually get it from strawberrynet.com. All of their JCs are the baked versions.
I don't have Pink Explosion (I wasn't into Chanel when it came out), but I have Rose Tourbillon. Been looking for a warm pink since RT runs a little cool. Is strawberry.net decent to buy from? Their reviews seem to be hit or miss...

I think I'm going to skip this mini collection entirely. Everything will be too light for me, but again I'll take my chance with Rose Petale if it's the EU version. The highlighter is incredibly pretty but if it's going to be in the $65-$72 range I'd rather wait for the highlighter from the holiday collection.

Shypo

I've always had good luck with strawberrynet - I get my packages insanely fast. I think Izzy's has PE too......

Winthrop44

If you want a warmer pink have you tried US Rose Petale?

I don't have Pink Explosion (I wasn't into Chanel when it came out), but I have Rose Tourbillon. Been looking for a warm pink since RT runs a little cool. Is strawberry.net decent to buy from? Their reviews seem to be hit or miss...
I think I'm going to skip this mini collection entirely. Everything will be too light for me, but again I'll take my chance with Rose Petale if it's the EU version. The highlighter is incredibly pretty but if it's going to be in the $65-$72 range I'd rather wait for the highlighter from the holiday collection.

QueenOfSnark

Quote: Originally Posted by Winthrop44

If you want a warmer pink have you tried US Rose Petale?

It's a dusty light pink on me...like an Easter egg exploded on my arm. >_>

Winthrop44

Miss QQ, per an older post on Cafe Makeup Sublime is reportedly going to be coming to the US in August, so I don't think you have to worry about that one going away anytime soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ
But all the mascaras are discontinued? Which means Sublime, and Exceptionnel? I'll be so sad! Although I don't buy chanel mascara, I always try to get a sample when I purchase anything. I don't wear mascara everyday so I get by with samples.

Miss QQ

^^ Great! Good to know I can buy it if I wear mascara daily. I was contempting to buy one a few weeks ago but I held back as I don't want it to dry out after only a few uses.

TealAngel

So, while looking at swatches of the new Chanel eyeshadows, the Illusion D'Ombres, I came across swatches of the Spring eyeshadow palette, Ombres Perlees...and I absolutely love that palette!! Unfortunately, I realize Im a little late for that party, as it was part of their Spring release! Would Chanel counters still have products from Spring collections? Summer collections (that rose platine eyeliner looks gorgeous)?

Nicala

So today I splurged on my first Chanel product! I got Vitalumiere Aqua. Kinda funny thing though. I ask if they can color match me. Ask me to sit down and then ask "so do you want to look paler, the same as your skin, or half a shade darker?" The look on my face was like
WTF2.gif

But anyways, got matched to b20. Actually thought I was going to be b30 for summer! But anyways. Wore nicely today. Time to put it to the ultimate test going to school on monday lol

LMD84

So today I splurged on my first Chanel product! I got Vitalumiere Aqua. Kinda funny thing though. I ask if they can color match me. Ask me to sit down and then ask "so do you want to look paler, the same as your skin, or half a shade darker?" The look on my face was like
WTF2.gif

But anyways, got matched to b20. Actually thought I was going to be b30 for summer! But anyways. Wore nicely today. Time to put it to the ultimate test going to school on monday lol
congrats in buying your first chanel! that was my first chanel purchase too and i really love the foundation. when i go back to using revlon it feels so heavy on my face!

LMD84

Oh and I heard back from Janice about having a separate section for the Chanel colour stories. Sadly because Chanel don't put out as many collections as MAC there isn't much of a need for it. However I will be creating the colour stories as and when collections are released so we can have them in the blue sticky box at the top of the forum. Because I don't follow Chanel quite as much as MAC, it would be great if somebody could pm me whenever a new collection is released (or we have news on the new collection). Then I can get the colour story up asap for you guys.

Miss QQ

Thanks, Lou! I'm sure we have no problems letting you know. :) Nicala - congrats and enjoy the foundation. The VA range is slightly darker so I think that is why b20 matches you. I think b20 would match me now. It was slightly too dark on me late last year and earlier this year.

Shypo

Thank you Lou! We will definitely let you know when the new stuff is coming out - we have a lot of stalkers ;). And thanks for checking with Janice - I understand - just having them in the blue sticky section is very helpful!

Nicala

Nicala - congrats and enjoy the foundation. The VA range is slightly darker so I think that is why b20 matches you. I think b20 would match me now. It was slightly too dark on me late last year and earlier this year.

Thank you! That might explain it. I'm roughly NC25-NC30 in Mac shades, not completely sure as I typically don't wear MAC foundations. I was Med+ in MSFN though. I hope I don't tan more in the summer ahhh

LMD84

Thank you! That might explain it. I'm roughly NC25-NC30 in Mac shades, not completely sure as I typically don't wear MAC foundations. I was Med+ in MSFN though. I hope I don't tan more in the summer ahhh
well i have tried controling myself but as well as the foundation i have - the loose powder, lilium quad, topkapi quad, byzance lipstick and pensee gloss!

Misoxx

Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is the must-have from chanel. Its the best foundation, it covers my flaws inc acne scars and leave sme glowy and hydrated from a 20minute walk to work followed by an 8 hour day and it's still on. [no primer]. I found the glowy ness is better without a primer.

I'm looking to purchase the mouse like tan and maybe a rouge coco in a colour to ever hip by MAC, so any suggestions would be fantastic. ;)

Latest posts