General Chanel Chat

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] Which spring color did you try Lauren?  I'm sure La Sensuelle looks amazing on you.[/COLOR]
Thank you! I tried "La pet" (my nickname to make up for my horrible french spelling :haha: ) the strawberry red. It was a little too bright and oddly pulled a little.. Orange on me. But i love the RAV formula! I shall pick up more in the future. :)

Medgal07

But i love the RAV formula! I shall pick up more in the future.
smiles.gif
La Pet as you've affectionately called it, is very bright. Most of my RAVs are pretty bright, except for Rouge Allure Velvet, La Desirèe (Burgundy Red) 327
and Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte, L’adoree (Burgundy) 45

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   La Pet as you've affectionately called it, is very bright.  Most of my RAVs are pretty bright, except for Rouge Allure Velvet, La Desirèe (Burgundy Red) 327 [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   and Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte, L’adoree (Burgundy) 45[/COLOR]
I looked up both of those shades and they're beautiful-- right up my alley! :)

laurennnxox

Today I had myself a "merry, post-christmas" haul, as I like to call it. :haha: Most of it was from Chanel! So I'm guessing this would be the most relevant thread. I picked up Tisse Venitien, the Spring 2015 Crazy Fuchsia Glossimer, Holiday 2014 La Flamboyante RAV, Chanel Joues Contraste #80 Jersey, Armani Lip Maestro #400, Guerlain glosses in #400 & #421, and 2 Tom Ford minis in Jack and Tomas! Jersey is my first JC blush. It's amazing! So soft and the color is simply beautiful on my fair skin. I've only swatched TV, but I can only imagine the beautiful looks I'll be able to create with the quad both wet and dry. I was lucky to pick up La Flamboyante, as my local Macy's still had some of the Holiday collection out. It's a wonderful shade I'm glad I didn't pass up on. (I almost did, but recently caved because of beautiful swatches I saw in Instagram!) Finally, the CF glossimer is crazy pigmented! Pun Intended! :angel: It looks lovely by itself. Which is generally how I prefer my glosses. Alright, mini rant over! What has everyone else picked up recently? I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday!

Medgal07

pompom.gif
Gorgeous haul Lauren!!! I'm glad you finally decided to pick up La Flamboyante.....there's nothing worse than skippers remorse!!! Tissé Venitien is
beautiful. There are videos on various looks to create with it on Chanel.com. I hope you enjoy everything!!!!!

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR]:pompom: [COLOR=0000FF]Gorgeous haul Lauren!!!  I'm glad you finally decided to pick up La Flamboyante.....there's nothing worse than skippers remorse!!!  Tissé Venitien is[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     beautiful.  There are videos on [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]various looks to[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] create with it on Chanel.com.  I hope you enjoy everything!!!!![/COLOR]
Thank you so much!! I an certainly giddy over my new purchases! Skippers remorse is most definitely the worst. With the extra christmas money, I didn't have to think twice about snagging La Flamboyante. You're really making me interested in the Phenix nail polish! That may just have to come home with me soon. :)

Medgal07

Thank you so much!! I an certainly giddy over my new purchases! Skippers remorse is most definitely the worst. With the extra christmas money, I didn't have to think twice about snagging La Flamboyante. You're really making me interested in the Phenix nail polish! That may just have to come home with me soon.
smiles.gif
It's so pretty and vibrant. I keep looking at my nails
girlhaha.gif

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] It's so pretty and vibrant.  I keep looking at my nails[/COLOR]:haha:
I may not have Phenix *yet* but I just painted my nails red with all this talk of pretty red polish. :) nothing special, just OPI because I left my polishes at my apartment while I'm home on winter break. All I have down here is Paradisio.

xfarrax

I'm eyeing up tisse cambon as my next purchase but it's permanent so I can wait. Then followed by the spring 2015 things which are yet to release here - from that will be getting tisse fantasie and the blush for sure. Not really into chanel glossimers I only own one shockingly.

xfarrax

Today I had myself a "merry, post-christmas" haul, as I like to call it. :haha: Most of it was from Chanel! So I'm guessing this would be the most relevant thread. I picked up Tisse Venitien, the Spring 2015 Crazy Fuchsia Glossimer, Holiday 2014 La Flamboyante RAV, Chanel Joues Contraste #80 Jersey, Armani Lip Maestro #400, Guerlain glosses in #400 & #421, and 2 Tom Ford minis in Jack and Tomas! Jersey is my first JC blush. It's amazing! So soft and the color is simply beautiful on my fair skin. I've only swatched TV, but I can only imagine the beautiful looks I'll be able to create with the quad both wet and dry. I was lucky to pick up La Flamboyante, as my local Macy's still had some of the Holiday collection out. It's a wonderful shade I'm glad I didn't pass up on. (I almost did, but recently caved because of beautiful swatches I saw in Instagram!) Finally, the CF glossimer is crazy pigmented! Pun Intended! :angel: It looks lovely by itself. Which is generally how I prefer my glosses. Alright, mini rant over! What has everyone else picked up recently? I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday!
You will love tisse venetien definitely surprised me!! I have never worn green on my eyes, but this has won me over for sure. I couldn't stop staring at my eyes after I put this on.

Medgal07

I may not have Phenix *yet* but I just painted my nails red with all this talk of pretty red polish.
smiles.gif
nothing special, just OPI because I left my polishes at my apartment while I'm home on winter break. All I have down here is Paradisio.
I'm wearing La Flamboyante for the first time today. I'm not even sure how long I've had it. I needed a face brightening lipstick today. I'm exhausted from yesterday's
festivities, and it shows!!!

laurennnxox

I'm eyeing up tisse cambon as my next purchase but it's permanent so I can wait. Then followed by the spring 2015 things which are yet to release here - from that will be getting tisse fantasie and the blush for sure. Not really into chanel glossimers I only own one shockingly.
I absolutely adore Tisse fantaisie! I've made so many unique looks with it. I hope you like it when you can get your hands on it! The blush is very nice, too. I've always been eyeing TV, but your photos of your eyeshadow look with it a few days ago definitely pushed me to get it sooner. :haha: it's a beautiful quad!

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] I'm wearing La Flamboyante for the first time today.  I'm not even sure how long I've had it.  I needed a face brightening lipstick today.  I'm exhausted from yesterday's[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   festivities, and it shows!!![/COLOR]
La flamboyante is definitely a face brightener! Plus some guerlain white balls, and bam! A perfect complexion pick me up! :)

xfarrax

I absolutely adore Tisse fantaisie! I've made so many unique looks with it. I hope you like it when you can get your hands on it! The blush is very nice, too. I've always been eyeing TV, but your photos of your eyeshadow look with it a few days ago definitely pushed me to get it sooner. :haha: it's a beautiful quad!
I'm glad I assisted in this absolutely necessary purchase ;) I was going to wear it on Christmas but thought that would be overkill. Ended up wearing some mac club eyeshadow-dupe and my charlotte tilbury confessions lipstick along with the chanel camelia de plumes highlighter. The chanel highlighter gives such a surreal glow, need to use it way more than I do. Looking forward to tisse fantasie I had a couple of chanel quads in the past but they were so bad!! Hard to pick up colour, really frosty, I'm just so glad they've revamped their formula.

xfarrax

Also was wondering is jersey too light for my skin tone I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about it. For reference I'm a nars sheer glow Barcelona, mac nc37 (can sometimes go slightly lighter)...

urbis

I may not have Phenix *yet* but I just painted my nails red with all this talk of pretty red polish. :) nothing special, just OPI because I left my polishes at my apartment while I'm home on winter break. All I have down here is Paradisio.
Opi does wonderful things ... And what matters is being in the mood !

Latest posts