General Chanel Chat

laurennnxox

Also was wondering is jersey too light for my skin tone I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about it. For reference I'm a nars sheer glow Barcelona, mac nc37 (can sometimes go slightly lighter)...
Hm, good question! I like Jersey because it's pretty pigmented on me. I'm wear the lightest shade of MUFE MV+ and I think... Mont Blanc in nars? I'm not sure it's been a while since I used that formula. I believe @medgal07 said she uses Jersey to keep her cheek color toned down in certain looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, Meddy! I think it would be buildable on you. But that's purely a guess.

Medgal07

La flamboyante is definitely a face brightener! Plus some guerlain white balls, and bam! A perfect complexion pick me up!
smiles.gif
YES!!! You hit the nail on the head Lauren!!!

Medgal07

Hm, good question! I like Jersey because it's pretty pigmented on me. I'm wear the lightest shade of MUFE MV+ and I think... Mont Blanc in nars? I'm not sure it's been a while since I used that formula. I believe @medgal07 said she uses Jersey to keep her cheek color toned down in certain looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, Meddy! I think it would be buildable on you. But that's purely a guess.
You're totally correct...again, Lauren

Medgal07

I'll soon become the owner of two Chanel blushes: Canaille and Plum Attraction. I'm hoping to get my store pick-up confirmation today.
wavey.gif
Hi there Yazmin!!! You selected two really good ones! You won't be disappointed w/either. Both are very
pigmented---a little goes a long way!!!

Medgal07

I'm eyeing up tisse cambon as my next purchase but it's permanent so I can wait. Then followed by the spring 2015 things which are yet to release here - from that will be getting tisse fantasie and the blush for sure. Not really into chanel glossimers I only own one shockingly.
Not shocking at all. I have several but I prefer the Rouge Allure Colour & Shine over the glossimers.

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF] Not shocking at all.  I have several but I prefer the Rouge Allure Colour & Shine over the glossimers.[/COLOR]
I was the glossimer queen back when more of them were opaque. They had beautiful colors that they don't even make anymore. Who remembers the aqualumiere glosses? I loved them so much. Still, I think rouge allure is the best thing they've done as far as lips go. Then, rouge coco lipstick.

Prettypackages

I was the glossimer queen back when more of them were opaque. They had beautiful colors that they don't even make anymore. Who remembers the aqualumiere glosses? I loved them so much. Still, I think rouge allure is the best thing they've done as far as lips go. Then, rouge coco lipstick.
I remember!

Medgal07

Why they get rid of what we love just baffles the hell out of me!!!! I'm obsessed with RAs Audace, Distinction & Controversy. I also find their matte lipsticks
to be comfy & long wearing.

Yazmin

Why they get rid of what we love just baffles the hell out of me!!!! I'm obsessed with RAs Audace, Distinction & Controversy. I also find their matte lipsticks
to be comfy & long wearing.
I stopped by the Chanel counter at Macy's to swatch a few things. I had already ordered Elegante, Foudroyante, Distinction and Audace on line. Seeing that Audace is LE I wanted to see whether I needed a backup. It's a nice neutral shade on me, but I didn't feel a backup was necessary - we'll see if that holds, lol. It wasn't love at first sight with Foudroyante, so I may return that one when my order comes in. What I did end up picking up was Farouche, which was on my list of things to check out but I hadn't realized it at the time since the name wasn't obvious on the tester, just the number.

Controversy is one I want to check out, but I forgot to do that while I was there.

Medgal07

I stopped by the Chanel counter at Macy's to swatch a few things. I had already ordered Elegante, Foudroyante, Distinction and Audace on line. Seeing that Audace is LE I wanted to see whether I needed a backup. It's a nice neutral shade on me, but I didn't feel a backup was necessary - we'll see if that holds, lol. It wasn't love at first sight with Foudroyante, so I may return that one when my order comes in. What I did end up picking up was Farouche, which was on my list of things to check out but I hadn't realized it at the time since the name wasn't obvious on the tester, just the number.

Controversy is one I want to check out, but I forgot to do that while I was there.
Great haul, as always Yazmin!!! Call me crazy but I like Foudroyante better than Elegante, and I love pairing Foufroyante w/Audace!! Talk about a match made in lip
product heaven. I don't have anything like the two in my stash. I'm obsessed!!!

You know, Farouche looks (at least online) like I wanted the Pantone Marsala to look more like. When I first saw Farouche it reminded me of Foudroyante!!!! So guess what? Farouche is going on my list.

​Controversy is a must. Debbs pointed me in that direction and she was spot on.....it's amazing!!!

Did you get anything from Chanel spring 2015 yet???

Prettypackages

Great haul, as always Yazmin!!! Call me crazy but I like Foudroyante better than Elegante, and I love pairing Foufroyante w/Audace!! Talk about a match made in lip

You know, Farouche looks (at least online) like I wanted the Pantone Marsala to look more like. When I first saw Farouche it reminded me of Foudroyante!!!! So guess what? Farouche is going on my list.

​Controversy is a must. Debbs pointed me in that direction and she was spot on.....it's amazing!!!

Now I have to check these out. LOL

Yazmin

I have to go back to counter and check that tester. Maybe it was the store lighting, but Farouche looked darker on me when I tried it at home vs. when I was at the counter. I'll try Audace with Foudroyante when I get them and see if I like the pairing enough to keep the lipstick. I've put a note in my phone to check out Controversy next time I'm near a Chanel counter.

I haven't seen anything from the spring 2015 collection that I want, so that will likely be a skip.

Medgal07

I have to go back to counter and check that tester. Maybe it was the store lighting, but Farouche looked darker on me when I tried it at home vs. when I was at the counter. I'll try Audace with Foudroyante when I get them and see if I like the pairing enough to keep the lipstick. I've put a note in my phone to check out Controversy next time I'm near a Chanel counter.

I haven't seen anything from the spring 2015 collection that I want, so that will likely be a skip.
I fell in love with pics of Farouche!!! Check out the link below:
chanel farouche lipstick

Yazmin

I fell in love with pics of Farouche!!! Check out the link below:
chanel farouche lipstick
It was the pics on Mostly Sunny's blog that enticed me to check out Farouche in the first place. I know it may sound weird, but I swear the tester marked 122 was much lighter than the 122 Farouche I brought home. I'm going to keep it, but now I'm on the hunt for something a tad lighter. Perhaps Ambigue.

allthingsglam

omgosh my first birthday gift my bday is (jan 3)I loveeeeee it I thought these were all gone from the stores lucky me I'm so happy to have it its a beautiful gift I'm
0cbce82e_image.jpeg
in love Chanel controversy

MandyVanHook

For those who own Vendome, what do you think of it? I am considering making it my first Chanel lipstick.
yes.gif

Also, if anyone has both Vendome and MAC Hot Tahiti, could you swatch them together for me? At first glance, Vendome reminds me a little bit of Hot Tahiti, but I might be off base.

Medgal07

It was the pics on Mostly Sunny's blog that enticed me to check out Farouche in the first place. I know it may sound weird, but I swear the tester marked 122 was much lighter than the 122 Farouche I brought home. I'm going to keep it, but now I'm on the hunt for something a tad lighter. Perhaps Ambigue.
Oh that's odd!!!
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

For those who own Vendome, what do you think of it? I am considering making it my first Chanel lipstick.
yes.gif

Also, if anyone has both Vendome and MAC Hot Tahiti, could you swatch them together for me? At first glance, Vendome reminds me a little bit of Hot Tahiti, but I might be off base.
wavey.gif
Hi there Mandy!! When I first saw the name Vendome I immediately thought of the Chanel e/s palette of the same name. I was looking at those recently and wondering why they didn't get much buzz and thinking I need to check those out. It's a Rouge Coco & I happen to enjoy that formula. Vendome must have been popular because i can't find it on Nordies or Chanel.com. The pics that I found are gorgeous and the color would be beautiful on you. You now have me thinking of ordering Gabrielle before it disappears!!!

Latest posts