General Chanel Chat

ashievic

Am I the only one who finds it odd that suddenly Chanel hot ticket items that went flying off the shelves are suddenly back up at Nordie's? No other store has them, just Nordie's. You so know that Chanel did not make more. Since they are cranking out the new collections. I remember when I was in college someone I knew worked at Nordie's. She would claim they hoard makeup and literally lock it up. Then just before their Anniversary Sale begin to sell it. To generate interest in their stores. Good marketing move, but to me a bit shady. I could be wrong. But you so know to post an item online they have lots to sell. When did they actually receive this? Great for those who missed out on these products, but to me, just odd.

Shars

Am I the only one who finds it odd that suddenly Chanel hot ticket items that went flying off the shelves are suddenly back up at Nordie's? No other store has them, just Nordie's. You so know that Chanel did not make more. Since they are cranking out the new collections. I remember when I was in college someone I knew worked at Nordie's. She would claim they hoard makeup and literally lock it up. Then just before their Anniversary Sale begin to sell it. To generate interest in their stores. Good marketing move, but to me a bit shady. I could be wrong. But you so know to post an item online they have lots to sell. When did they actually receive this? Great for those who missed out on these products, but to me, just odd.
I noticed that with a lot of MAC LE items. Weeks later, hot commodity items would just pop back in stock in limited numbers. As you said, good for those who missed out but only if they happen to be stalking the website or browsing during a restock. I had put it down to the fact that they generally got more MAC stock that any of the other department stores and perhaps a box of stock that got "lost". But, the idea of a marketing move does make sense as well.

Medgal07

Don't know, maybe you should pm her.

Ooh and New Moon is on backorder. Should I back up?
I say NO-----enjoy New Moon but save room for the next amazing item that crosses your path. Realistically, you/we may never use it up given the amount of products that we have.

Medgal07

Saving it for their upcoming Anniversary Sale sound plausible
shrugs.gif
at least that's what I believe to be true too.

ashievic

I noticed that with a lot of MAC LE items. Weeks later, hot commodity items would just pop back in stock in limited numbers. As you said, good for those who missed out but only if they happen to be stalking the website or browsing during a restock. I had put it down to the fact that they generally got more MAC stock that any of the other department stores and perhaps a box of stock that got "lost". But, the idea of a marketing move does make sense as well.
The odd thing with this Chanel stock, it was last December this was being sold. Seven months later, it shows up again??? Marketing God's earned their keep on this one, at least to me.

Medgal07

The odd thing with this Chanel stock, it was last December this was being sold. Seven months later, it shows up again??? Marketing God's earned their keep on this one, at least to me.
I noticed the Guerlain Holiday palette is back too. They're just having a field day!!!

Vineetha

Oh that makes sense too!! I was assuming that they consolidate the unsold stock from Counters after a while and put it up online!!! :haha:

meka72

Last weekend, the Chanel counter manager at Nordstrom told me that Blue Notes would come out in August. I hope he's right because I need to get my money ready.
Iam glad iam not the only one with this reaction, I am much more excited about the blue rhythm which no one knows anything about!

ashievic

Oh that makes sense too!! I was assuming that they consolidate the unsold stock from
Counters after a while and put it up online!!!
girlhaha.gif
Not the Reve d'Orient, it was held back with intent, at least to me....

Medgal07

That is true! Ah well. I had been deciding between Reve d'Orient and the Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel and realised I only wanted them both because of the stars lol. Neither of them were terribly unique but oh so pretty!

Wow. Definitely!
Think I'll run over and see what they've slipped out while we were sleeping
th_happy1.gif

starletta8

Not the Reve d'Orient, it was held back with intent, at least to me....

I wouldn't go as far as to infer intent, to be honest. What you're alleging would require duping the system both in-store and online. What I think is more likely is something along these lines: SAs take limited items out of stock, either for themselves or for customers, squirrel them away in drawers or other hiding spots. Before the Anniversary Sale, every single item is accounted for, revealing these items that were previously not seen by the system.

I was able to get TF's In the Pink trio from NM last summer because of a hoarder SA whose stash was discovered months later. So this happens. I didn't assume NM had intent.

starletta8

How do you like Dior brushes??? I've never tried them, but I've looked repeatedly. They're also currently 10% at Nordies

I only have the one (http://www.thenonblonde.com/2013/04/dior-summer-blush-brush.html), so I can't comment overall. I just couldn't resist a red brush (I also have the red Shu 18R).

I will say that I find it to be too big for a blush brush, and I have better brushes for other general powder application. But... it's red.

Medgal07

I only have the one (http://www.thenonblonde.com/2013/04/dior-summer-blush-brush.html), so I can't comment overall. I just couldn't resist a red brush (I also have the red Shu 18R).

I will say that I find it to be too big for a blush brush, and I have better brushes for other general powder application. But... it's red.
girlhaha.gif