General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

I managed to buy Bird of Paradise today! And I got a sample of Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon!
th_happy1.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I managed to buy Bird of Paradise today! And I got a sample of Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon!
th_happy1.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

How are you liking the Rouge Allures? I'm tempted to get Ming, it looks so pretty (plus I already have the nail polish in Ming
yes.gif
).

Lollie

I really love Bronze universel. It looks like a VERY thick foundation in a jar. I apply it with a make-up sponge and it makes you as tanned as you want (very buildable).
I've also tried their Inimitable mascara and it was good, but not fantastic.

trixibella

Quote:
th_happy1.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

Woohoo!
th_DANCE.gif
Hope you love them!

Hypathya

Miss QQ: I'm so glad for you!!! I hope you enjoy it!!

Trixibella: You didn't love Nymphea??? I'm in love of the golden pink in it and the brown. Maybe it is because that golden pink really suits me. And yes Electric is to die for... I use to wear it with the golden pink in Nymphea. Scintilliance is another gloss I adore, it's also a light pink with golden iridescence very similar to that in Nymphea.

Marilyn is incredible too!! I often wear it with Lollipop gloss from the same collection that Electric was from. And Shangai Red is such a lovely shade, I wore it on my wedding too!!! But paired with Erotic (from the very same collection of Electric and Lollipop) I wanted it more pinkish than burgundysh... I shall try it with Dragon!!

Joues contraste are incredible!! And that compact, Lumieres Magiques is beyond amazing!! It's my HG Blushing, the one I use when I don't "wear makeup" , it makes me look natural, glowy and pretty!!

I have never touched my Coromandels!!! Nor have I my Lumiere Artifices, my 4 fleurs, my 4 camellias...

I'm simply a Chanel Make Up Freak & Addict!!!

Hypathya

Rouge Allures are gorgeous!!! Very creamy, silky, pigmented and so comfortable to wear... they're my favorite lipsticks ever... I prefer them better than Hydrabase which are amazing, so go figure!!

Ming is very pretty!!! If you love reds, you shouldn't miss Lover(09) or Passion (14).

trixibella

Hypathya - ooohhh, I really wanted the Camellias.. I'm keeping my eyes out on swaps and eBay to snap one up. They're gorgeous.

Nymphea didn't do it for me I'm afraid
ssad.gif
I wanted to love it, I especially love the green/gold pink/brown combination, but it just didn't love me back. It was the only one I had that didn't show up. I do love their eyeshadow singles, I need to stock up on a few more...

Miss QQ

Thanks, ladies. I'm sure I will love Bird of Paradise!
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
How are you liking the Rouge Allures? I'm tempted to get Ming, it looks so pretty (plus I already have the nail polish in Ming
yes.gif
).

I love the texture and finish of Rouge Allure and the packaging is amazing. In the beginning, I didn't like the scent of the lipstick but now I am neutral to or almost liking the scent. I love the scent of Rouge Hydrabase but the finish is not luminous like Rouge Allure. IMO Rouge Hydrabase has a wider and prettier colour range than Rouge Allure but Chanel has been coming out with lots of new shades for Rouge Allure, not to mention next Spring too! I'm excited!

I love Rouge Allure Laque. I am addicted and want to reapply it frequently but I have to resist the temptation because it is pricey. The act of applying it is truely a "Chanel experience".
th_wink3.gif

Hypathya

Trixibella: So sorry Nymphea didn't do it for you and I hope you get to own the Camelias!!!

Miss QQ: You're so right about Rouge Allure and Rouge Allure Laque... truly a Chanel experience.

anita22

Quote:
Thanks, ladies. I'm sure I will love Bird of Paradise!
heart.gif

I love the texture and finish of Rouge Allure and the packaging is amazing. In the beginning, I didn't like the scent of the lipstick but now I am neutral to or almost liking the scent. I love the scent of Rouge Hydrabase but the finish is not luminous like Rouge Allure. IMO Rouge Hydrabase has a wider and prettier colour range than Rouge Allure but Chanel has been coming out with lots of new shades for Rouge Allure, not to mention next Spring too! I'm excited!

I love Rouge Allure Laque. I am addicted and want to reapply it frequently but I have to resist the temptation because it is pricey. The act of applying it is truely a "Chanel experience".
th_wink3.gif

I just realised I meant to write "Rouge Allure Laque" (silly me) but you answered that question already - thank you!
tong.gif
. I think I will give it a go as I have a giftcard to use up.

star25

I recently picked up the Rouge Allure Laque in Ming, and so far so good.
It's one of those "my lips only better" colours on me.

It's very creamy and smooth when you apply it, and non-sticky which unfortunately means a lot of re-applying (I'm all for sticky gloss), but I'm liking this one and would definitely get more!

PinkBasset

I'm very excited for the upcoming Les Impressions de Chanel collection! It looks so gorgeous, like the perfect Chanel collection!
th_worship.gif
Looking forward for it to hit the counters.

My latest lemmings from Chanel have been the rouge allure laque in Dragon and the nail polish in Jade. I know, Jade is propably impossible to get unless you pay ridicilous amounts for it on ebay. But it's soooo pretty!

Dragon I managed to resist the last time I went to the counter. I have so many red lipsticks that I sometimes have to remind myself that I don't need a new one. What can you do, reds are so hot! Dragon on the other hand do seem a bit more unique, I don't have any of the laques so that is new to me and the colour was simply stunning. Are they permanent by the way?
graucho.gif

forevernars

Honestly the first product I ever tried of theirs was their foundation and it was horrible!! felt like I was putting something very cheap on my skin and it smelled bad along with giving me bad breakouts! I never bought any other products from them again after that. And the sad thing was I paid $55 for that foundation
ssad.gif

Simply Elegant

I tried the mat lumiere foundation and was disappointed. It's just ok, not worth $71 after taxes.

Hypathya

Mat lumiere works so so in me, but again almost every foundation I've tried is not good on my extemely oily combination skin. Then, Mat lumiere along Clinique's Super Fit are the best of all I've tried.

Miss QQ

There are beautiful pics on the Spring 2010 collection here:

The Beauty Look Book

drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
I love everything, even the nail polishes. I want to get all three polishes but maybe I will pass Inattendu to keep to my budget. The blogger said that the polishes have no shimmer though.

bowsandhearts

I really really like their blushes and lipglosses.
I find that their blushes stay on for a reallllly long time!

greatscott2000

I'm in love with the Exceptionnnel Mascara in Violet. Call me crazy but I sampled the one in black and didn't care for it. But I love the Violet one, it makes my eyes pop with gold eyeshadow.

MzFit

The only Chanel product I own outside of perfume is Bronze Universal I absoluslty love it. I am a bronze queen I have to use some kind of bronzer every day and I have tried almost all of them this is by far the best natural bronze effect IMO.

Latest posts