General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Maybe you can buying the lippies later on if you really want them since they are permanent. I'm excited about Coco Rouge. Many of the colours are used in the Golden Globes makeup. I love the one on Sandra Bullock, Beige Felin. Wonder how it looks on me.

Shadowy Lady

I'm extremely tempted by the new beige quad (Kaska Beige?). I need to stay away from this thread :/

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Maybe you can buying the lippies later on if you really want them since they are permanent. I'm excited about Coco Rouge. Many of the colours are used in the Golden Globes makeup. I love the one on Sandra Bullock, Beige Felin. Wonder how it looks on me.

My thoughts exactly!!

I always buy LE items first, then I go for what I truly love and then I let myself cool down and think things thoroughly!!!

Besides you're right, Coco Rouge is coming soon, I bet there are wonderful shades I can add to my collection!!

Hypathya

Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour!!!

Since I've noticed some excitement with the Rouge Coco launch, I've decided to open this thread to share and discuss the news and excitement.
winkiss.gif

As I told you lovely ladies in the Chanel Must Haves thread, I recently found Chanel is discontinuing Hydrabase Lipstick and launching Coco Rouge Hydrating Creme Lip Colour instead. It's supposed to be making us pay more love to lipstick than to lipgloss. I thought, as many of you, Rouge Allure was meant to do so. Apparently, to Chanel, we are a lipgloss generation and wants us to make the lipstick the must have item in our purses again.

There are going to be 30 shades named after Mademoiselle and her tastes (you know camelias, gardenias, Paris, and so). Shades are going to be available in four color families: Reds-Corals, Roses-Pinks, Violets-Berries and Neutrals-Browns. Apparently we are going to have 13 pinks, 8 reds, 6 beiges and 3 browns. As Rouge Allure, Chanel name is going to be embossed in the lipstick and the packaging seems to be the same as the Hydrabase. So, IMO, is going to be the best of both worlds!!!
yahoo.gif

Vanessa Paradis is the confirmed image of the campaign. Launch is going to be in March and each lipstick is to be retailing at $30.

Here are some pics:

100016359.jpg

100016357.jpg

100016355.jpg

100016361.jpg

The above information can be found in the following links:

Rouge Coco de Chanel. New Lipstick by Chanel for Spring 2010 | MakeUp4All, Ladies Beauty

Chanel is Bringing Lipstick Back: Introducing Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour | La Chanelphile

‚♥‚Ÿ‘S�F�A—~‚µ‚¢�I—~‚µ‚¢!! —~‚µ‚¢!!! �gƒVƒƒƒlƒ‹�h‚Ì�V’è”ÔŒû�gƒfƒrƒ…�[�b”ü“I.com

Rouge Deluxe: Chanel Rouge Coco

So, what do you lovely ladies think???

Hypathya

yahoo.gif
Les Impressions has arrived!!!
yahoo.gif

I've just received a phone call from my Chanel counter. Les Impressions has arrived and I my most wanted items are now separated and awaiting for me!!!

After reviewing swatches and my collection and after a serious thought I didn't ask for lipsticks, although I'm considering Delicieuse if it's love at first sight. Sadly, I found Khaki Dore to be a US exclusive.
thmbdn.gif

Any way, I plan to go to my counter next week and then I'll tell you what I've got and how I liked the collection in person.

yahoo.gif
Les Impressions has arrived!!!
yahoo.gif

Can you tell I'm excited???
graucho.gif

shontay07108

You gotta have Chanel glossimers. Myriade and Hibiscus are a must. You also need Inimitable mascara. I will never use another mascara ever.

elegant-one

Did you guys see the Les Regards Palette? Anyone get it?
It has 2 brow, a liner, a highlight, 2 shadows

Hypathya

I've just received the information on my email!!! Seriously considering it, if we got it because it seems to be for the US market. It's not on the french site. Le Make up studio usually has palettes so I will go and take a look!!!

I think it's very convenient, I hate carrying my brows palette in addition to my eyeshadows when on a holiday. Besides, I think it's perfect for plane touch ups!!!

The downside is, I own a couple of palettes and the shadows are not the same quality of those in the quads or the ombres essetielles.

I'll go check and I'll tell you my thoughts on it!!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Did you guys see the Les Regards Palette? Anyone get it?
It has 2 brow, a liner, a highlight, 2 shadows

I saw this at Heathrow duty free in December, I thought that maybe it was just a duty free exclusive. It looked nice, some good basic colours in there, plus the brow powders of course. However when I swatched the shades, the texture didn't really seem up to what I normally expect from Chanel. It's a nice palette, but whatever amount they were charging for it (I can't quite remember) it didn't seem all that worth it when I have quite a few neutral palettes already.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I saw this at Heathrow duty free in December, I thought that maybe it was just a duty free exclusive. It looked nice, some good basic colours in there, plus the brow powders of course. However when I swatched the shades, the texture didn't really seem up to what I normally expect from Chanel. It's a nice palette, but whatever amount they were charging for it (I can't quite remember) it didn't seem all that worth it when I have quite a few neutral palettes already.

Thanks! Well shoot, thats too bad on the texture. It's $70 US which is a lot if it stinks
ssad.gif

Hypathya

^ Yeah, it is almost $80 in here!!!

Just what I was saying, I own two palletes (2 shadows, 4 lipglosses) and the shadow's quality is not the same as those in the quads or the single ones.

Anyway, if I can, I'll check them out.

elegant-one

Oh, I did buy Tasmania ls yesterday - Gorgeous sheer rose pink with some very subtle goldish shimmer

On a funny note, the Chanel ladies at the counters really shouldn't say out loud how much anything is - when your hubby is standing right there
tong.gif

Not that he cares at all, but still...

Hypathya

^ My thoughts exactly!!

DH knows exactly how much I'm spending, but I don't think he enjoys hearing it!!

Maybe that's why he sends me to the counter by myself!!! Well, that and the amount of time I spend playing!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
^ My thoughts exactly!!

DH knows exactly how much I'm spending, but I don't think he enjoys hearing it!!

Maybe that's why he sends me to the counter by myself!!! Well, that and the amount of time I spend playing!

yes.gif

Usually he sits & waits on me, but yesterday he stayed with me at the Chanel counter
th_dunno.gif
& the Chanel lady says, Oh, that palette is $85...he looked at me & said, WOW.
tong.gif

I didn't get it, but got Tasmania instead.

Hypathya

Tasmania is lovely!!! I didn't get it because I already have similar lippies! Hope you're enjoying it!

What is lovely from DH, besides he paying for my make up, is he patiently lets me show him every goodie I've got, hearing and sharing my excitement!!

elegant-one

^ aw, I think that's wonderful! Mine is pretty much the same
smiles.gif
Its a very good feeling

bgajon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
: Sadly, I found Khaki Dore to be a US exclusive.
thmbdn.gif

Oh no it's not
th_DANCE.gif
I just bought it today at Polanco's Liverpool. They have the whole collection (I also received a call on Friday)
I went to check out everything and I'm surprised I left with far less than what I had expected.
th_dunno.gif

I only got the eye liner and Particulière n/p
ssad.gif
I feel sad that I found that the majority of the collection I could dupe with stuff from my stash, at least my wallet is happy.
Although I have to say that the Ombre d’Eau and the Ombre Essentielle are quite pigmented, go on smoothly and just beautiful.
Hope everyone else enjoys this collection.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^ aw, I think that's wonderful! Mine is pretty much the same Its a very good feeling

We're lucky girls!!!
th_DANCE.gif