General Chanel Chat

Hypathya

re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsandhearts
I really really like their blushes and lipglosses.
I find that their blushes stay on for a reallllly long time!

Oh yes!! They're the best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I'm in love with the Exceptionnnel Mascara in Violet. Call me crazy but I sampled the one in black and didn't care for it. But I love the Violet one, it makes my eyes pop with gold eyeshadow.

Violet mascara is absolutely gorgeous!!! I have the inimitable one, whenever I "don't want to or don't have time to wear make up" I use it and instantly makes my brown eyes pop!!! Even people who know my affection to make up tells me "you look so great without make up" when I'm wearing my beloved violet mascara!!!

Miss QQ

I saw Les Impressions de Chanel today!
th_happy1.gif
I have not bought anything yet but I will haul next weekend!

Sillage and Trace are beautiful!
drools.gif
I was underwhelmed when I swatched Kaska Beige without any base on the back of my hand. With a base the colours showed up beautifully. Ladies, you must check out Imprevu. It is beautiful! I am in love with it!
love.gif

The highlighter is very pigmented, especially the interlocked Cs. The gold is to die for! The nail polishes are stunning. The colours are delicate but in no way boring. The lippies are very wearable but I will pass them because I want so many items for the eyes and face.

Overall, a stunning collection from Chanel. Chanel turns the boring and expected neutral colours into a magnificent collection. Check out the collection if you are looking for neutrals that are easy to wear and don't mind paying a little more. I will post again when I buy the items.
th_wink3.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
th_happy1.gif

drools.gif
I was underwhelmed when I swatched Kaska Beige without any base on the back of my hand. With a base the colours showed up beautifully. Ladies, you must check out Imprevu. It is beautiful! I am in love with it!
love.gif

The highlighter is very pigmented, especially the interlocked Cs. The gold is to die for! The nail polishes are stunning. The colours are delicate but in no way boring. The lippies are very wearable but I will pass them because I want so many items for the eyes and face.

Overall, a stunning collection from Chanel. Chanel turns the boring and expected neutral colours into a magnificent collection. Check out the collection if you are looking for neutrals that are easy to wear and don't mind paying a little more. I will post again when I buy the items.
th_wink3.gif

Thanks for the review! I am patiently waiting for this to be launched in the UK, no sign of it yet unfortunately. I love soft neutrals and I love Chanel, so I can't wait. I'm looking forward to Delicieuse Rouge Allure the most
smiles.gif

cetati

I've got the quad and it is the most amazing thing ever. I had to call ahead to my local department store and have it held.

Hypathya

Quote:
th_happy1.gif

drools.gif
love.gif

th_wink3.gif

OMG!! Lucky you!! I'm soo jealous... Les Impressions will hit Mexico until end of February or beginning of March. So long wait ahead
ssad.gif

Hypathya

So I had to share with you guys:

I've just found out Chanel is discontinuing Hydrabase Lipstick and launchin Coco Rouge Hydrating Lipstick. It's supposed to be making us pay more love to lipstick than to lipgloss (wasn't Rouge Allure meant to do so
th_confused_new.gif
). Anyway there're going to be 37 shades named after Mademoiselle and her tastes (you know camelias, gardenias, and so). I'm so excited and doomed!!!
th_DANCE.gif
girl_devil.gif
th_DANCE.gif

So here's one of the places I've found the info:

Rouge Coco de Chanel. New Lipstick by Chanel for Spring 2010 | MakeUp4All, Ladies Beauty

Miss QQ

^^
th_DANCE.gif
I read about the new Rouge Coco lipstick too and I suspected that they will be replacing the Rouge Hydrabase because they are so similar. Thanks for sharing!

I agree, I thought Rouge Allure and Laque are meant for us to love lipsticks more.

I'm excited about Rouge Coco. Hopefully it will have the nice rose scent of Rouge Hydrabase which I love. I know the scent is a turn off for some people. I have three Rouge Hydrabase and while I am sad that they will be discontinued, I guess it must make way for new ones for the brand to keep up to date.

I'm sorry that you have to wait so long for Les Impressions. I already bought the highlighter as the stocks were low. As for the other items, I am waiting for the department stores to have sales so that I can haul. I am hanging in there!
winks.gif

anita22

I'm excited about the new lipsticks... 37 new shades, hooray!

I finally managed to get my hands on Ming Rouge Allure Lacque. It must be a popular colour, as everywhere I've tried lately has been sold out! I love the finish and texture, though I'm a little unsure about the lasting power. I will have to do some more road testing
smiles.gif

ShesNoGhost

I love, love, love their nail polishes. I think they're amazing. And for me, their foundations are the best. I have tried the Teint Innonce, the Vitalumiere (my skin is on the dry side and it works great for me), and I've recently gotten the Pro Lumiere and it's wondeful. And I love the two blushes I have from them.

I started using some skin care stuff from them a month or two ago and I'm really liking it so far. The toner I'm using is the first toner that has not caused me to break out.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
spam

Thanks for sharing! What a gorgeous FOTD. I think this quad really suits you
yes.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Thanks for sharing! What a gorgeous FOTD. I think this quad really suits you
yes.gif

Completely agree!!

Miss QQ

Finally Kaska Beige, Imprevu, Particuliere, Tendresse and the powder highlighter Impreinte de Chanel, are mine!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Kaska Beige is amazing. I agree with you cetati, the colours are pigmented, finely milled and blend like butter. I like Imprevu but it can be too dark so I have to use a light hand. I wanted to get the liquid highlighter/bronzer in Sunkissed but I don’t know if I will use it much. Anyone has any thoughts on it?

The nail polishes are beautiful.
heart.gif
I am wearing Particuliere and I like it that it is not warm. OPI Over the Taupe is a close dupe but it is warmer. Particuliere is slightly thick, so I hope it will not harden too quickly! My only disappointment is due to my clumsy self, as I cannot apply the polish evenly with my left hand.
lol.gif

Hypathya, I can’t wait for you to get them. You are going to love them! What’s on your list?

Hypathya

Quote:
Finally Kaska Beige, Imprevu, Particuliere, Tendresse and the powder highlighter Impreinte de Chanel, are mine!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Kaska
Code:
 Beige is amazing. I agree with you cetati, the colours are pigmented, finely milled and blend like butter. I like Imprevu but it can be too dark so I have to use a light hand. I wanted to get the liquid highlighter/bronzer in Sunkissed but I don’t know if I will use it much. Anyone has any thoughts on it?

The nail polishes are beautiful. [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/heart.gif[/IMG] I am wearing Particuliere and I like it that it is not warm. OPI Over the Taupe is a close dupe but it is warmer. Particuliere is slightly thick, so I hope it will not harden too quickly! My only disappointment is due to my clumsy self, as I cannot apply the polish evenly with my left hand. [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif[/IMG]

Hypathya, I can’t wait for you to get them. You are going to love them! What’s on your list?[/I]
  [/TD]
 [/TR]
 [/TABLE]

Congratulations sweetie!!! I couldn't be happier for you and really hope you're enjoying your goodies. [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/th_DANCE.gif[/IMG]

What I hate from Chanel nailpolishes is their extremely short handle. It's really not helpful with application. Lucky me I have a steady hand and basically I'm ambidextrous. So no problems when it comes to applying nailpolish with my left hand but still not loving the Chanel short handle.

I still don't know when are we going to have this, but based on other years arrival, in the third week of February. Which makes it really convenient since my birthday is on the first week of March. As for my list, it is really large:

Empreinte de Chanel highlighter,
Kaska Beige quad,
Torrent Ombre d'eau,
Imprevu Joues Contraste,
Futile l/g,
Maline l/g,
Particulieire n/p,
Innatendu n/p,
Khaki Dore crayon yeux and 
2 rouge allures (don't know which ones still).

Also, if money and Spring Colour Forecast allows it, the ombres essentielles I found worthy and truly different from the ones I have (including quads, palettes and separate eyeshadows from Chanel, MAC or any other brand).

I know it's basically the whole collection, but it's always that way with Chanel make up collections and me. I truly love Chanel make up, it's my favorite brand and I prefer indulging myself in here even if I can't afford anything else from other brands including MAC.

In regards to Sunkissed Soleil Tan fluid, it's never sold in Europe or Latin America. I don't know if it will be the case this time. Three years ago I received 2 deluxe samples of it that arrived to my counter by mistake and I loved it. My extremely oily combination skin can't stand any oils, so this was really good alternative to Le Bronze Universel (currently Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Make up base). I used to mix it with my moisturizer for a light glow in a no make up day or with my face primer for additional glow. In my experience is more subtle than any powder highlighter.

Miss QQ

^^ I am relishing the goodies!
heart.gif

Besides the short handles of the nail polishes, I also wish the brush is wider, like OPI but slightly smaller.

Thank you for your thoughts on Sunkissed. Yes, when I swatched it, it is more subtle than Empreinte de Chanel. I think I need it now.
lol.gif

I like the lippies in this collection but I am not buying because I am sort of on a lippie no buy, unless it is a new product like Rouge Allure Laque. I look forward to Rouge Coco too! And any small in between collections, before the Summer collection.
winks.gif

Third week of February is late, but it will be an early birthday present for yourself! It is worth the wait.

Hypathya

I'm having second thoughts on lippies too, I own many and not quite sure this are not similar to the ones I already have!!! Besides, as you say Coco Rouge is coming soon!

As far as the release date, well is not out in Europe yet. We use to get the collection by the same dates they are released in Europe. As you say it will be an early gift for me and completely worth the wait!!

Latest posts