General Chanel Chat

Hypathya

re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgajon
Oh no it's not
th_DANCE.gif
I just bought it today at Polanco's Liverpool. They have the whole collection (I also received a call on Friday)
I went to check out everything and I'm surprised I left with far less than what I had expected.
th_dunno.gif

I only got the eye liner and Particulière n/p
ssad.gif
I feel sad that I found that the majority of the collection I could dupe with stuff from my stash, at least my wallet is happy.
Although I have to say that the Ombre d’Eau and the Ombre Essentielle are quite pigmented, go on smoothly and just beautiful.
Hope everyone else enjoys this collection.

Thanks so much Bianca!!! I'll recheck with my MA at PH Perisur, if not at The Make Up Studio.

Being a neutral shades collection, I think it's easily dupable for most girls. But as a devote Chanel costumer, I find very hard to find that luxury both in package, texture and color everywhere else. Besides, I've been seriously collecting for 6 years now and the levres scintillantes, the quad and the exclusive creation for the collection are a MUST to me. It's a matter of completeness!!!

bgajon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Thanks so much Bianca!!! I'll recheck with my MA at PH Perisur, if not at The Make Up Studio.

You're welcome
winks.gif

Quote:
It's a matter of completeness!!!

I totally get you, I also love everything you said about Chanel but I promised myself that at least this year I would be a smart shopper and only get things that are unique and look like nothing I have in my stash. That way I can say that I did it. I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea BUT I must be strong.
yes.gif
It's only a year.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Did you guys see the Les Regards Palette? Anyone get it?
It has 2 brow, a liner, a highlight, 2 shadows

I don't think my counters will be getting this palette but I am not interested anyway. I have been too lazy to draw my brows ever since I had lots of small pimples popping out at my brows last October. Thankfully they have subsided.
yes.gif
Thanks for sharing. I saw pics of the palette in an email from US Chanel.

Hypathya, we have Khaki Dore at my counters too.

Anyway, my final item from the Les Impressions collection is Sunkissed. I mixed it with my foundation and it gives a subtle glow and darkens my foundation a little, which is great because I am darker than NC20 now but I only have NC20 foundation at the moment.

I received a mailer from my local Chanel for a new collection, a whitening one. I'm not sure if it is Asia exclusive because Asians are more obsessed with whitening. There will be a new tweed blush, Rose Subtil, and I'm definitely getting it! I'll upload pics here soon after I have taken them with my camera.

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour!!!

drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
I hope the lipsticks have the lovely rose scent of Rouge Hydrabase. I want a beige and pink/rose one. So excited!

Hypathya

Re: Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour!!!

I'm lemming for a hot pink and a beige greyish one!!!

anita22

^ Ooh, a new Tweed blush. I have Tweed Corail, which is very pretty (although much more of a summer colour for me). More colours = good
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I don't own any of the tweed blushes. I'm excited to get my first! I have the tweed highlighter from Christmas last year and I love it.

The collection is called White Blossom. It consists of:
tweed - rose subtil
eye quad - white whisper
rouge allure - incognito
glossimier - futile and galactic

I believe only Rose Subtil is new. White Whisper was released last year in the collection with the flowers highlighter. elegant-one, I know you have it!
winks.gif
I passed white whisper but I am considering getting it this time.

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

Hypathya

Thanks for the pics dear!!! You're right, only Rose Subtil is new, the quad was released in US, as well as Make Up Studios, between fall and holiday collections. The quad was released along with 2 nail polished (pink and white), 2 lipsticks (if I remember properly) and a gorgeous highlighter with two shades, pink and peach, separated by white roses. The collection was called Symphonie Blanche.

chanel-symphonie-blanche.jpg

Funny, I don't own Tweed Blushes. I don't like the fact that after uses, the gorgeous pattern vanishes!

Spikesmom

I have the new Kaska Beige quad, and I think it's some of the prettiest eyeshadows I've ever bought. I am in love!

Hypathya

^ Glad you're enjoying it!!!

This week I'm picking up the Kaska Beige that's been waiting for me since last Wednesday!!! Yay!!!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Thanks for the pics dear!!! You're right, only Rose Subtil is new, the quad was released in US, as well as Make Up Studios, between fall and holiday collections. The quad was released along with 2 nail polished (pink and white), 2 lipsticks (if I remember properly) and a gorgeous highlighter with two shades, pink and peach, separated by white roses. The collection was called Symphonie Blanche.

Funny, I don't own Tweed Blushes. I don't like the fact that after uses, the gorgeous pattern vanishes!

I have the white nail polish, Blanc Petal.
love.gif

Do you have White Whisper? What are your thoughts about it?

I see the tweed blushes at Chanel counter. After the top layer is used up, ultimately the rectangle pan of powder split into two colours so you have to mix your brush to get both colours. It turns me off a little.
th_dunno.gif

Hypathya

^^Much to my own amazement I don't own White Whisper quad. A little time before it was released here, Style Black, Les Noirs and Venise were released. I did major damage to my dh's wallet with those collections.

I remember checking it out and found it really similar to Sparkling Satins, which I do own. The shades are really close, with exception of the white one that is silver in the SS. The finishes are slightly different, the black from WW is nearly matte (I own 2 quads with that shade) while the one in SS is sparkly; the pink and goldy from WW are less shimmery than the ones in SS and a bit paler; the white in WW is a satin while in SS the fourth shade is a sparkly silver.

As it was a Make Up Studio exclusive, I didn't think it's absence in my collection was disturbing enough and as it's still available, I might pick it up if I truly feel so inclined one of this days.

What is great of the tweed blushes is the fact that ultimately, you can carry two shades in your purse. However, that doesn't tempt me enough. They are really gorgeous and it's a complete shame the loss of the top layer, so big that it'll prevent me to use them. I loved dearly the Irrelle ones that were replaced the Tweeds. I loved how sheer and transparent they were and to me, it was a terrible loss not at all compensated by the tweeds. I think that too, keeps me from getting any tweed blush.

As a side note, I've been so busy this week, I still don't make it to my Chanel counter. During the weekend it will be impossible. Must wait till next week.

greatscott2000

Wow! the white shisper quad looks pretty nice! I would like to see how the colors swatch but unfortunately, I don't think NYC will get this collection.

I've been on a Chanel kick since this year and its been quite addicting but exciting to know that i love and use all the stuff that i buy! And lately their collections have been exciting.

Miss QQ

^^ I agree. Chanel's collection is getting more exciting!
th_DANCE.gif
I swatched White Whisper last year and I remember the colours were pale and shimmery, as the name suggests.

Hypathya, thanks for your comparison. I don't own Sparkling Satins but I heard good reviews for it. I hope to pick it up one of these days.

Yeah thanks for pointing it out that the tweed blush is in fact two blushes. I'm guessing Rose Subtil is pink and silvery white, so one is actually a highlighter, which is a bummer! I never own any Irrelle blush. It was discontinued before I purchased any. What a shame!

I hope you get to go to the counter next week!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
Wow! the white shisper quad looks pretty nice! I would like to see how the colors swatch but unfortunately, I don't think NYC will get this collection.

Maybe not but Symphony Blanche was released during the fall in every Make Up Studio. Why don't you look for the nearest to you?? Maybe there are some quads and highlighters left!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ I agree. Chanel's collection is getting more exciting!
th_DANCE.gif
I swatched White Whisper last year and I remember the colours were pale and shimmery, as the name suggests.

Hypathya, thanks for your comparison. I don't own Sparkling Satins but I heard good reviews for it. I hope to pick it up one of these days.

Yeah thanks for pointing it out that the tweed blush is in fact two blushes. I'm guessing Rose Subtil is pink and silvery white, so one is actually a highlighter, which is a bummer! I never own any Irrelle blush. It was discontinued before I purchased any. What a shame!

I hope you get to go to the counter next week!

Hopefully I'll get to my counter this week... if get rid of this allergic flu i'm with right now!!

Miss QQ

I hope you feel better soon to go to the counter! What is causing the allergy? You can take some antihistamines to relief the symptoms.

Hypathya

^^ Thanks for your nice wishes!!!

What's causing my allergy is the cold and humid weather!! My mucuses are really sensitive because even the touch with one other causes them to react!! They really hate cold and humid weather and here they have me locked in my home. This allergic crisis may low down my defenses and since I'm asthmatic too, I could be seriously ill if I don't take good care of myself. No antihistamines for me, since secondary effects of eastern medicine compromised my whole health many years ago. Now I take homeopathic and herbal remedies. They are a bit slower than antihistamines, but I'll be completely fine in two days.

Hopefully, I'll get to go to my Chanel counter on Friday!!