General Chanel Chat

Molly_lyon

New User
I’m totally new to this site, and a little lost and unsure of what I’m doing. My apologies. I came hoping to find out what actually happened to the original formula of the Chanel Le Vernis? I’ve googled, and find no information on it being discontinued, yet it seems to have been pulled from most websites. (I have had health problems so haven’t been to a counter in some time, so can’t speak for this.) anyone know what’s going on? I absolutely loved the shade Secret, I’d be devastated to not be able to buy it again.

Winthrop44

I’m totally new to this site, and a little lost and unsure of what I’m doing. My apologies. I came hoping to find out what actually happened to the original formula of the Chanel Le Vernis? I’ve googled, and find no information on it being discontinued, yet it seems to have been pulled from most websites. (I have had health problems so haven’t been to a counter in some time, so can’t speak for this.) anyone know what’s going on? I absolutely loved the shade Secret, I’d be devastated to not be able to buy it again.

They reformulated and that's when they pulled all the old shades. I'm not sure why or what the particulars are in terms of what they changed. Maybe you could call Chanel's 800 number and ask if there is anyplace you could still buy the shade you're looking for, or have a friend bring a bottle to a counter and see if anything in the new formula comes close? If you can find any dept store web sites that still have some of the old formula maybe try calling a store and ask them to do a store search as well. Maybe Saks would be your best bet to call, since they still had some when other online dept store sites didn't:

Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colours in Ballerina, Organdi, Monochrome, Garconne, Vamp and Rouge Noir - New Formula | The Beauty Look Book

Last edited:

elegant-one

They reformulated and that's when they pulled all the old shades. I'm not sure why or what the particulars are in terms of what they changed. Maybe you could call Chanel's 800 number and ask if there is anyplace you could still buy the shade you're looking for, or have a friend bring a bottle to a counter and see if anything in the new formula comes close? If you can find any dept store web sites that still have some of the old formula maybe try calling a store and ask them to do a store search as well. Maybe Saks would be your best bet to call, since they still had some when other online dept store sites didn't:

Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colours in Ballerina, Organdi, Monochrome, Garconne, Vamp and Rouge Noir - New Formula | The Beauty Look Book

Are you getting Silver Screen eyeshadow?

GreenEyedAllie

Been missing you all! Between finishing up my degrees and the two kiddos, it’s been a bit insane. Thank you for all the info, laughs, and swatches! Elegant, these all look fab on you! I’m having a hard time deciding between No. 3 and 4...I’m currently leaning towards 3!

elegant-one

Been missing you all! Between finishing up my degrees and the two kiddos, it’s been a bit insane. Thank you for all the info, laughs, and swatches! Elegant, these all look fab on you! I’m having a hard time deciding between No. 3 and 4...I’m currently leaning towards 3!

Ohmygoodness dear I've missed you so much!!! Yes, that is a lot to keep up with. I so admire you for it. I would say 3 if you want a deep red, even though 4 is a sultry orange red.
:heart:

Winthrop44

I got it and love it..I'm shocked it was only $30.
I got one of the brush rolls for myself but it was OOS very quickly and then was removed from the web site completely yesterday. I wanted to buy one for a friend. One day it appeared to be in stock and I purchased it and one other item, only to receive the other item alone with an email about the brush roll being cancelled after the other item (which I had only ordered to reach the free shipping cutoff) was already shipped. Grrrrr

GreenEyedAllie

Who’s getting the lion highlighter?? I’m eyeing the rose gold myself. I have so many light gold/pearl ones, but if it’s fantastic I may change my mind!