General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

I was thinking about the red and the burgundy, but I am kind of landing on the red. It swatched well. And also there are not that many wearable red blushes so something that can be buffed out and worn with a matching gloss and a clean eye look with liner definition. I like that.

I so agree!

I ordered the PALETTE ESSENTIELLE 180 Rose Petale today. I could not resist it any longer LOLOL

elegant-one

Don't feel embarrassed! A pale blue wash over the entire lid can really lift the eye area. I wear it often, and even though not that may potential husbands ask for my number, I do get many compliments. :)

Oh boy, you're making me want it & I don't ever wear light blue shadows! I bought this white Tshirt with pale blue skinny stripes on it at Nordies today & that could be a fun shadow to wear with it.

Monsy

I am not gonna even look at the price. I am sure it is insane. I want two of the new yls balms - 4 and 12

elegant-one

Teasing Pink Lip Blush - A very pretty Cherry Blossom pink. The texture is very silky, not quite gel like. It's very thin, sheer & lightweight. You cannot even feel it on. It blends onto the skin like a second skin. On the lips, it doesn't really have any shine, but still looks like a fresh just bitten natural lip shade. I LOVE this shade on my lips. Very youthful & fresh looking on both lips & cheeks.
I just ordered Tender Rose & the red shades.

IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG

awickedshape

Teasing Pink Lip Blush - A very pretty Cherry Blossom pink. The texture is very silky, not quite gel like. It's very thin, sheer & lightweight. You cannot even feel it on. It blends onto the skin like a second skin. On the lips, it doesn't really have any shine, but still looks like a fresh just bitten natural lip shade. I LOVE this shade on my lips. Very youthful & fresh looking on both lips & cheeks.
I just ordered Tender Rose & the red shades.

View attachment 63167
View attachment 63168
View attachment 63169
View attachment 63170
View attachment 63171
View attachment 63172

Ooh, lovely!

SlugPower

I really don't like it here. Looks sick, like she is half drunk, after the night out, messy, dirty...

I think it's deliberate, because I've seen this type of advertising done before in other brands. A kind of "down to earth" vibe so the target doesn't feel bad and can relate, with gallons of photoshop which is counter productive anyway. I don't know which one is more insincere, this type of marred idealism or the instagram fashionista "everyday cute" (I'm sorry, I don't know how to classify this) that they're trying to pass off here:

tumblr_on4tct3bz61qaqbwto1_500.gif

I don't know who did this first, them or Dior. It might have been Dior with Bella, then again Chanel has been promoting IRL Bella Swan for awhile now. I've been told this is to broaden their demographic target, but personally, I don't find it appealing. I keep looking at it and I'm like, what the hell (same for most of Bella's advertisement for Dior). I expect this from like... Bobbi Brown, Too Faced, and similars; not Chanel or Dior. Kind of odd, really.

Last edited:

Monsy

they sent me email 2 days ago with code for beauty gwp. never worked. i tried multiple times.

awickedshape

No. What is it all about? I buy from NM a lot & never saw that.

They sent an email :
"Spend at least $1 on Cosmetics between 02/04/2018 and 02/11/2018 and earn $5 off your regular-price purchase with your email address at checkout. Order must be placed with the email address to which the offer was sent. The value of your order must total at least $1 before shipping and tax."

Latest posts