General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

I purchased the AU FIL DE L'EAU eyeshadow palette and MIROIR D'EAU gloss lumière thing. Not impressed with the last one. I was hoping it would be something like Edward Bess 01 Sunlight but it's not. I used it (granted, was already dark and my light in the bathroom isn't that great) on my eyes (on top of the eyeshadow), my cheek and my lips. Didn't do anything for me. Plus when I turn it over it's kind of duo chrome which I don't like.

This is my fault btw, should have known not to buy cream Chanel anything :p
From what I can see from the eyeshadow palette I really liked it upon first application - but it was over my already existing eyeshadow so don't know how well it builds up if you start from nothing.

Yes! I feel exactly the same about Miroir d’Eau. It looks nothing like it does on the web site. In the pot it looks grey with duochrome around the edges if you move the pot around in the light, and on the lids it’s a big nothing. I’m pretty annoyed because I specifically asked the Live Chat person if it gave any color or just gloss and she said it would show up pink. I guess all she did was look at the misleading picture on the web site. Grrr. TBH it wasn’t glossy on my lids either. It was literally like nothing. :rolleyes:

elegant-one

I got mine this afternoon. It is more sheer than you’d think from the web site but the shade does look like that on my lips, not like Angela’s hand swatch. I really like it and think you will too.
Whew! lol If you like, then I will too. I figured it would be sheer but I wanted it to be more like the shade in the Chanel swatch. I'm thinking about the blush.

Winthrop44

Last edited:

elegant-one

Dreamsfashion

I purchased the AU FIL DE L'EAU eyeshadow palette and MIROIR D'EAU gloss lumière thing. Not impressed with the last one. I was hoping it would be something like Edward Bess 01 Sunlight but it's not. I used it (granted, was already dark and my light in the bathroom isn't that great) on my eyes (on top of the eyeshadow), my cheek and my lips. Didn't do anything for me. Plus when I turn it over it's kind of duo chrome which I don't like.

This is my fault btw, should have known not to buy cream Chanel anything :p
From what I can see from the eyeshadow palette I really liked it upon first application - but it was over my already existing eyeshadow so don't know how well it builds up if you start from nothing.
Wah:cry: I was hoping the gloss would be a high shine with pink flash. I have loved all of the Baumes. I returned the one highlighter that was iridescent because it was too duo chrome

elegant-one

I got mine this afternoon. It is more sheer than you’d think from the web site but the shade does look like that on my lips, not like Angela’s hand swatch. I really like it and think you will too.
Got it today and it's very pretty on the lips. I thought it would be more pink but I still like it. It is quite scented.

r0mini0n

are those liquid bronzers? seems like two shades

I don't know but I think so! They remind me of the soleil tan liquid jar, I remember reading under a youtube video that they were going to be discontinued. Maybe these will take their place? I wouldn't mind! That jar haven't been available in my country in years.

r0mini0n

Looks like the new Les Beiges product is indeed the old liquid sun fluid.
The collection is rolling out on the US site and it says "SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Sheer Illuminating Fluid has a new look", same for the creme bronzer btw (which looks like the same old packaging except maybe the white CC instead of the gold?)

Latest posts