GENERAL FAQ: De-potting/De-panning

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello89
Yesterday I went to a MAC freestanding store and asked if the accepted the pots without the pans. This was her answer :
'' I can't really answer that. *Pause*. If we dont realize it then we accept it. If we realize it, we dont.''

hahaha I love that answer!

Jello89

I find this stupid
ssad.gif
Im so eager to depot. They should just take the damn thingsss!!! I understand that they want us to use up the products before giving us a free one butttt....
ssad.gif

If I had time and money to waste. Id buy 5 dollar e/s at the pharmacy that fit in the mac and id remove the shitty eyeshadow inside and just stick the pan in! LOL. But that would be wasteful
ssad.gif

macmistress

quick question!

you know the actual plastic that holds the pan? if that is burnt but u still have containers left about 25..can we still return em?

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
quick question!

you know the actual plastic that holds the pan? if that is burnt but u still have containers left about 25..can we still return em?

I would assume that you mean the little part that cradles the pan, and not the entire pot ( the cover, and bottom). If so, that's fine.

ri0tdorque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello89
Yesterday I went to a MAC freestanding store and asked if the accepted the pots without the pans. This was her answer :
'' I can't really answer that. *Pause*. If we dont realize it then we accept it. If we realize it, we dont.''

That's interesting. I went to a MAC store in the mall and asked a sales person about it. I told her that I had depotted all of my shadows and would they still take them if they were melty and whatnot. She said yes for sure so I guess it depends on who you get.

On a side note I've found that using a fondu fork thing works well for holding them over a candle I did all of mine that way and it didnt take very long at all (I had over 20)

erine1881

before i worked at the counter that i do, i used to depot using the oven. i would leave the lid open, and stick the entire thing in the oven (before i found much simpler a faster methods) and would take them in all melted into little heaps!
th_LMAO.gif
i was so embarrassed, but they took em. even tho i work there now, we still take em if custies bring em in like that.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
Can't you just buy the pans without shadow in them, stick them in there and go?!!

Ha Ha, I take some with me, just in case the pots w/o a pan are a prob, but I haven't had to pop some in there, yet.

majckena

Hello.
I am wondering if there is any dupe of pallets that Mac blushes will fit in.
Sorry for my bad English.
Tanks a lot

eidetica

CoastalScents.com has palettes that fit MAC blush and shadows.

Depotting; I cut and pop the front like EnKore but I broke shadows- Pushing metal in there can bend the pan. I started using this flat green plastic toothpick thing, the ones with dental floss on the other end? The plastic can't bend a metal pan but it'll still make a space and you hear the glue pulling apart. Works for me.
Everybody finds a different method...

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
before i worked at the counter that i do, i used to depot using the oven. i would leave the lid open, and stick the entire thing in the oven (before i found much simpler a faster methods) and would take them in all melted into little heaps!
th_LMAO.gif
i was so embarrassed, but they took em. even tho i work there now, we still take em if custies bring em in like that.

th_roll1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I am on a depotting marathon right now, can I do blushcreme??

You can! Just don't use heat.
Pop the plush pan out of the compact. Take some wire cutters and cut a little fraction of the black plastic part that the pan is glued in off, and drip some rubbing alcohol down under the pan. It will loosen and dissolve the glue and the pan will come out with ease :3

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I am on a depotting marathon right now, can I do blushcreme??

It seems I am all thumbs at depotting.. so I bought some thin slats and asked my hubbs to sand them down and we glued some velcro on them and also on my products (ES, Bls, even pencils) and I just stick them on by colors... when I use them it is really easy to get them back in order
greengrin.gif

moopoint

I don't get the issue. I mean, isn't the idea of the recycling program to handle the waste of the plastic pans in a green way? Doesn't matter if we've just moved them to a palette, we are disposing of the waste in an earth-friendly way. Seriously, how many times could we do this? It's not like we are trying to rip them off. We just want our reward that is promised to us at purchase, our treat for recycling.

That's just my opinion. I'm not on the MAC committee, so I doubt my opinion really matters.

I hope that doesn't sound too bitchy, that's not my idea. I just think they should lighten up. They shouldn't try and find loop-holes to honoring their guarantee.

fintia

So.. i would like to depot... Only freestanding stores have the empty palettes? how about the counters?

hello_kitty

I depotted my HK quads! You gotta pop out the plastic surround with something like a small flathead screwdriver or a knife (be careful!). The pans are stuck in there with adhesive, so you gotta then do the typical depotted thing of melting the adhesive. I use the "unorthodox" method of a candle (everyone seems to prefer hair straightners), so I held each pan over the candle and then popped out the pans, and that's all!!

Definitely a bit trickier than the normal MAC quads.

I hope that helps!

na294

I wanted to add a brand to the list of eyeshadows that will fit in the palettes.
Lancome colour design shadows!

Meisje

I just depotted successfully for the first time using a candle, and when the larger pot with the sticker still on it was empty I gently waved it upside down over the candle and was able to desticker them, too. It really *is* terribly satisfying.

Latest posts