Gerard Cosmetics

nt234

I still wouldnt buy anymore lipsticks even with that much of a discount ): I do like the look of their glosses though.. I bought a few and the packaging is all cheap and flimsy.. one of the tops of the glosses were broken so ... hmm. ill save my money and put it towards a mac collection
When I realized that the shipping was still $7.50, I changed my mind. I'll be doing the same as you. $7.50 and the lipstick doesn't even come in a box? Sheesh.

Howards End

Rebellefleur, I'm glad I watched your youtube video. The smell/taste you and others here are describing sounds like Gosh Darling lipstick, I was so excited to find it in the US but sadly it's unusable for me. But at least Gosh is a drugstore brand so I had lower expectations. I'm still curious about Nude and 1995 but I will easily wait and see if they do another 48% off PLUS free shipping (maybe for Black Friday lol). Also the no box bothers me. For $19 I find it icky that someone is handling the actual lipstick tube while tossing it into a bubble mailer. Which is especially odd when you see the gorgeous box ColourPop products come in for a $5 lipstick!

Rebellefleur

When I realized that the shipping was still $7.50, I changed my mind. I'll be doing the same as you. $7.50 and the lipstick doesn't even come in a box? Sheesh.
Shipping here is $9.50 smh. Well it could be worse I guess some companies charge customs frees to canada...

Rebellefleur

Also the no box bothers me. For $19 I find it icky that someone is handling the actual lipstick tube while tossing it into a bubble mailer. Which is especially odd when you see the gorgeous box ColourPop products come in for a $5 lipstick!
yay im glad it saved you some money :)
I have gosh darling! I havent used it in years..just because it makes me look ghostly.. I dont remember there being a weird taste but I always used it with a victoria's secret lipgloss..and of course those are heavily scented/flavored.

ahh me too .... 1995 looks cool ! sadly I prob wont be giving the brand another chance =\ maybe something similar will pop up from mac this year.

Agreed!! I really wanna try colourpop everything ive seen swatches for looks pigmented, and has cute packaging :)

missmoni

I have been dying to try Colorpop as well! All the swatches look so pigmented and the color selection...EEE!

I just got to try the Gerard Glosses, fortunately I got them on the 49% off sale they just recently had. I honestly wouldn't pay that much for these (expect for the Nude color because it's an amazing color), but with the sale it was worth it. I wasn't disappointed with the lipglosses, they are really pigmented and have a great lasting power without being too sticky. Like I said before the shade Nude is soo gorgeous I kind of can't get over it. Butter Cream was not my favorite, but I also got Seduction which is a crazy vampy shade that I probably wouldn't go outside in the day in. I would still rock it at night, though!

Does anyone who tried these notice a difference in the colors when applying? I felt that Butter Cream was a lot thicker in consistency than the other 2 I got. Wonder why.

Here's my pics for reference if anyone was interested in these colors:

CiaoBellaa

I find this company to be incredibly sleazy.
In order to place an order, I HAD to make an account.
You guys said it all, cheap packaging, cheap shipping quality, cheap smell, cheap cheap cheap.
For 19? Hell no.
I got 1995, nice color. It does stay well but the fact that this company thinks they can sell their products at these prices is laughable to me.
I will not repurchase. I left an honest, slightly negative review on the site after I received my lipstick. It disappeared off the site. (????)

It annoys the HELL out of me how much hype these lipsticks get. Its a big fat NO from me.

Dolly Snow

I find this company to be incredibly sleazy.
In order to place an order, I HAD to make an account.
You guys said it all, cheap packaging, cheap shipping quality, cheap smell, cheap cheap cheap.
For 19? Hell no.
I got 1995, nice color. It does stay well but the fact that this company thinks they can sell their products at these prices is laughable to me.
I will not repurchase. I left an honest, slightly negative review on the site after I received my lipstick. It disappeared off the site. (????)

It annoys the HELL out of me how much hype these lipsticks get. Its a big fat NO from me.
iagree.gif

Howards End

I'm still tempted to get the Nude lipstick lol. I'm going to use a VISA gift card, not going to put my personal credit card # on that site. Annoying I'll have to make an account, wish these were on Amazon lol

missmeghan

I have 1995 and I really like it. However, my friend got Tequila Sunrise and it wasn't great. Not sure if she got a bad batch or what but she said the lipstick itself turned weird after one wear and is just crap now. Which disappoints me because it looks so nice, I want it but am nervous to order something so hit or miss. Especially for the astronomical price. I really, really like 1995 but proooobably won't repurchase because it seems kind of hit or miss with the quality and the price is nuts ($21.11 CAD and shipping to here is $10.60 or something. So ~$33 for one lipstick.... for that price, f it I'll just go buy a YSL LOL).

Howards End

Glad I read your post missmeghan, I'm going to pass on this brand. I really wanted the gold bullet but MAC Wash and Dry's red/gold/green bullet will more than make up for it lol

CiaoBellaa

I really wanted the gold bullet but MAC Wash and Dry's red/gold/green bullet will more than make up for it lol
The gold bullet is nice in theory, but its bulkier and lighter weight than Mac. I'm a sucker for packaging, its half of the fun for me, and Gerard cosmetics just does not deliver in that area! Wash and Dry will be worlds ahead
heart.gif

missmeghan

Fwiw, this is 1995 on me. I loveeee the colour, and the formula is actually really nice. However, by the sound of it, the rest of them don't have the same formula. I'm on the fence and am tempted to order a few more but for what it will cost, I'm torn.

I will say, if you can get it cheap (they have so many discount codes, and if you are patient, they have free shipping promos sometimes), it could be worth it. But for their crazy prices, I dunno if I'd say it's worth it. As for the packaging.. it's pretty but feels cheap. Looks but doesn't feel like a MAC.

Howards End

I've definitely seen a lot of great reviews/lip swatches of 1995. Social media spotlight is on that shade so GC made sure it's good quality. The other lipsticks though, I don't trust. Like you said your friend's Tequila Sunrise went bad. I have a few MAC LE lipsticks that are 2-3 years old and they are perfectly fine, they have not deteriorated smell-wise, texture-wise, etc

Rebellefleur

A bit of an update -- So I finally tried their lipglosses..not expecting much.. I got them a while ago for about $10 each.. and theyre definitely a stand out from the brand..theyre the only thing I actually like..the weartime isnt as long as maclipglasses but they feel nice on the lips and theyre quite nice and pigmented... still I wouldnt pay full price for them ... one of my lids were cracked... but thats because of it not being properly package when they mailed it out to me.

BabyNurse

I was interested in getting the shade Kimchi Doll but it seems like this brand isn't worth it. Can anyone recommend a good dupe?

makesmesmile

I gave in and ordered two lipstick and two glosses.
Kimchi Doll, Buttercup, Butter Cream and Shimmer of Hope are the ones that I got.
After watching Sophia Chang's video on Kimchi Doll I'm kinda disappointed and confused.
It swatches super matte and opaque in her video. Mine needs to be built up and has quite a bit of shine to it. Also the color seems very different, mine's pretty peachy.
Anyone else with this issue? I feel similar about Buttercup.

Latest posts