Girlyvue.com

Panamenanegra

Mod edit: Please make sure to read post Nr. 18 on how to take proper action if you are affected by this theft!

Hey guys. I dont know if any of you know about this yet and even if this is the place to post it but someone sent me a message about this tonight. Girlyvue.com they are BLATANTLY stealing youtube vids!!! At first I thought it was just links to the videos but they have profiles set up and everything. Im absolutely furious that someone would even take the time to do this. Ugh. I just wanted to let as many people as I could know. I think the thing to do is to write their hosting company and ask that it be removed. Most likely the hosting company wont want the trouble and will have the site taken down.

I did a who is lookup on the site:

Registrant:
jioanni merano

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
Domain Name: GIRLYVUE.COM

I suggest anyone who had a video stolen write GoDaddy.com's customer service and NOT anyone on the site mentioned. They will not care especially if they took the time to do the kind of work it takes to steal all those videos. Write the hosting company explaining that your video has been stolen even with a link to your youtube page or website.

I havent found any of my videos on there but I am willing to write an email as well stating that I know those videos dont belong to the owner of the site.

Good luck!

Panamenanegra

Ok folks. I have a godaddy.com website so I called in as a customer and told them that other people will be contacting them soon. They urged me to have everyone send their emails to [email protected]

Please add your youtube/website link when you email so they can have a solid case to take those videos down.

If you arent affected by this but know someone who is please pass the word on.

Thanks

stronqerx

I saw a video on this last night by miss erica (i forget her youtube name). This is insane, this person basically made a make up youtube. I hope those vids get removed, that's so rude and violating.

xbrookecorex

I've been hearing about that site all weekend, seems like they just popped out of the woodwork recently!

Im a VERY small youtube guru, and their youtube channel messaged me on Thursday saying that they liked my videos and would like to feature me on their site that provides beauty tips to girls. I just figured it was spam and didn't reply to it or anything. Then this weekend PurseBuzz and MakeupByTiffanyD were twittering about the site stealing their videos. I don't know if what the site sent me was 'asking' for my consent to use my videos, or if they're just going to go ahead and post them whether I reply or not. I don't even think they bothered CONTACTING the bigger gurus that they used.

th_dunno.gif

Panamenanegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
I've been hearing about that site all weekend, seems like they just popped out of the woodwork recently!

Im a VERY small youtube guru, and their youtube channel messaged me on Thursday saying that they liked my videos and would like to feature me on their site that provides beauty tips to girls. I just figured it was spam and didn't reply to it or anything. Then this weekend PurseBuzz and MakeupByTiffanyD were twittering about the site stealing their videos. I don't know if what the site sent me was 'asking' for my consent to use my videos, or if they're just going to go ahead and post them whether I reply or not. I don't even think they bothered CONTACTING the bigger gurus that they used.

th_dunno.gif

You're right. Im pretty sure they did no such thing. They're probably only messaging people now because of the buzz thats been created. I've been in the website business a long time so I know how to get the site taken down. Making videos about it is all fine and dandy but NOTHING will happen until the hosting company is flooded with complaints about it. Even if they have permission from one person im sure they dont have permission from all. The people who did give permission not knowing what it was for can basically say exactly that.

Delerium

I would think that GoDaddy is limited in what they can do to help as they are only the domain name registrar. Your best bet is to contact the ISP who hosts the website directly...

Their host is: Welcome to SoftLayer

It's probably best if you contact them and explain to them what has happened so they can help you.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium
I would think that GoDaddy is limited in what they can do to help as they are only the domain name registrar. Your best bet is to contact the ISP who hosts the website directly...

Their host is: Welcome to SoftLayer

It's probably best if you contact them and explain to them what has happened so they can help you.

Wait so which one is it now? GoDaddy or Softlayer? Contacting the domain name would be pretty pointless, can you let me know how you found out their webhost exactly?

I had 3 of my videos stolen
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Wait so which one is it now? GoDaddy or Softlayer? Contacting the domain name would be pretty pointless, can you let me know how you found out their webhost exactly?

I had 3 of my videos stolen
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

softlayer, theyre the ones who keep the website running. godaddy is only the place where the domain was purchased.

user79

Ok, I'm just trying to ascertain how that information was indeed confirmed that Softlayer is the host, I would feel stupid writing a complaint to a company only to find out they have no idea...?

Nicala

theres certain webbys that you can go to, type in the URL of it and it gives you the info on it like the host, name of the person who owns it (if they dont pay the extra fee to keep the name private), popularity, etc.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
theres certain webbys that you can go to, type in the URL of it and it gives you the info on it like the host, name of the person who owns it (if they dont pay the extra fee to keep the name private), popularity, etc.

Yeah I know, I used whois but that only shows the domain service, so I'd like to know how that host was confirmed, ie a link. We need to definitely confirm the hosting provider before anything can be done. Whois.net says the following:

Quote:
Registrant:
jioanni merano

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
Domain Name: GIRLYVUE.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.GIRLYVUE.COM
NS2.GIRLYVUE.COM

I did some research online and apparently we would need to send a DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice to the host, if all of us sent this in I'm sure we would have very fast action taken.

This is the Digital Millenium Copyright Act:
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) - THE LAW AND HOW TO USE IT

And this is a sample of the form:
Sample Form | DMCA Notification of Infringement Letter

If we can just absolutely confirm that host, and a bunch of the affected Youtube video makers sent identical report letters, I'm sure we can get this site taken down pronto.

Rennah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Ok, I'm just trying to ascertain how that information was indeed confirmed that Softlayer is the host, I would feel stupid writing a complaint to a company only to find out they have no idea...?

whois lookup for Girlyvue.com - Girly Vue
Scroll to "Server Data"
Quote:
IP Location
us.gif
- Texas - Dallas - Softlayer Technologies Inc

Nicala

okay so asked my friend to help me find the host and this is what he said Quote:
I used whois to trace the ip of the server and it links to softlayer hosting

[email protected] <--- abuse/report email

so yes, its softlayer!

Delerium

I PMed you, but in a nutshell, the above stuff is correct.
I can provide you wayyyy more information about this than you'll probably need if you want. My computer geek fiancee did quite a bit of digging because he was irritated that videos were getting ripped off.

Needless to say, from what we've found, this doesn't seem to be the first time this person or person(s) has tried to steal the content of others to make money off it. I hate scammers.

Delerium

Oh, and yes, the DMCA would definitely be the way to go because the way that the DMCA is worded makes it pretty much imperative that the host take the sites down right away and ask questions and investigate later. Whoever is doing this would need to get a lawyer to help them get the sites back up and their case obviously wouldn't hold up in court.

user79

Ok great thanks girls! Indeed Softlayer is the webhost that we need to contact.

This is the form we should all use and send to the following:

Copyright Infringement
Dody Lira, Esq.
SoftLayer Technologies, Inc.
6400 International Parkway
Suite 2000
Plano, TX 75093
Telephone No.: 214-442-0600
Facsimile No.: 214-442-0601
[email protected]

Please copy and paste this, making the necessary adjustments, and send to them:

Quote:

(insert date here)

(write your full name, address, tel. number and email address here)

Dody Lira, Esq.
SoftLayer Technologies, Inc.
6400 International Parkway
Suite 2000
Plano, TX 75093

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in § 512(c) of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an instance of what I feel in good faith is an instance of Copyright Infringement.

The material which I contend belongs to me as the exclusive copyright holder, and appears illegally on the Service is the following:

The following website:
www. girlyvue . com (remove spaces)

contains many videos from Youtube video makers that have been captured and rehosted without attaining prior permission from the respective copyright holders, aka the video maker.

These are the links of the stolen videos in question:
(list the exact urls of all your stolen videos on girlyvue here)

The original content created by myself can be seen here:
(list the exact urls of your original videos on youtube)

I am the author and exclusive copyright owner of the videos in question. You may contact me at my given address / email address above.

I have a good faith belief that the use of the material that appears on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by operation of law.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Yours truly,

(write your full name here and signature)

Ok use that form and email it to [email protected] and [email protected] (Please send to both)

Update: A rep from the host provider has informed that you must have your handwritten signature to legally validate your complaint claim, otherwise they are not obligated to reply. If you can attach a scan of your signature along with the email, that would be good. Otherwise, you can also print out the form, sign it by hand, scan it and send it as a full scan attachment by email, or as a pdf file, whatever. Or of course write a normal letter and send it by snail mail. You can also print out, sign and fax the form to Fax Nr. 214-442-0601 (international dialing add a 1 before this number for USA calling code)

Got this information from: Copyright Infringment DMCA on their website

IMPORTANT:

Only report those videos which you have made and have full copyright of, otherwise you could get into legal trouble! (Please consider if you have used copyrighted music in the video that you do not have permission to use. I am not sure what the legal standing would he here, I thought I would point it out though.) Just to be on the safe side, do not report stolen videos of other people using the above form.

-------

Update!

We can also report this website to Google Adsense to complain of copyright infringement, so that Google Adsense will pull their advertising from the Girlyvue website so that they won't earn anymore money from our stolen videos. The process is nearly identical to the above process and you can use the same basic form. This link will show you what to do to contact Adsense:

https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...py?answer=9894

As of right now my own videos have been removed so I cannot report anything, but please do report to Google Adsense as well so we can at least stop their income source asap! Google Adsense and Youtube are both owned by Google, so hopefully there will be quick action taken if they find out these are indeed stolen Youtube videos.

-----------------

If you are not a video maker but would just like to voice your concern about this website, you can email the webhost. (Please do not send them hate mail!) [email protected] and [email protected]

prppygrl69

Ok so i have a question about this whole stealing videos thing. I google my usernames every so often to make sure people aren't stealing my stuff,and i have found TONS of sites with my videos on them as well as other guru's but i figured it was so biggie. Should we take action on those other sites too?

Latest posts