Girlyvue.com

astronaut

I don't think they are using adsense anymore. I believe they are now using this site:

Commission Junction - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing

You know what we should also do? We should contact Sephora and Expert Village about this site since they have also stolen their videos. They probably have bigger guns than we do
sneaky.gif

MissResha

after giving this more thought...

its tricky because, just about anything you put online is public domain. as much as we dont like it, thats just how it is.

there are numerous "youtube'ish" sites that have the same content and videos. for example, you'll find a lot of the same kind of vids on collegehumor, ebaumsword, etc. which goes back to the public domain point. so you cant really stop someone from taking your vids.

it's possible but requires a ton more effort, to steal vids that dont allow people to embed. it may be an inconvenience, but you gotta weigh your options.

but BECAUSE youtube has sponsor programs, it's super annoying for folks who are making money from their vids to have them stolen and placed on other sites because thats a loss of revenue. however, there'sa slight silver lining. everyone goes to youtube first. they just do. dailymotion and all of those other sites, are way at the bottom of the totem pole. youtube will always be the most popular even if ppl go there just to steal a video. by visiting you, they probably made you money. and i'm sure there's some kind of way in the code that won't hurt your revenue although i'm not 100% sure. maybe there is, maybe there isn't.

so contacting google and youtube and asking them "do i lose money if someone steals my videos and places it on another unauthorized site?" is a great question. you can't do anything really about online thieves, sadly.

youtube could sue this site, but i doubt they will because this site poses absolutely ZERO threat on the popularity and revenue of youtube. it's "too big to fail" LOL. so for now, while its annoying, you may have to just grin n bear it. just make sure you know off the top if you get paid regardless of video placement, because if you don't then u know your frustration is really warranted and requires further action.

but also, harrass the crap out of the website/domain owner and hosting company lol

Delerium

You make valid points, most of which I definitely agree with.

But just because you post a video or picture on the internet doesn't make it automatically become public domain. Things can only become public domain in a couple ways.

1.The original author deems it so by stating this explictly.
2.The original copyright expires.

If the original creator of a video can prove that they are the creator and wants to exercise their copyright to disallow it being posted on various sites, they can do so even if it is their intent to put it on the internet. Where it does get tricky is if the copyright wasn't made clear when the content was posted.

I think it has to do with the content owners motivations behind protecting the content posted on the internet. Someone who sets their pants on fire in a video because they think it is funny and then posts it on youtube cares less than someone who puts together a makeup tutorial and spends time and effort on it.

Anyways, I'm not a lawyer, but those are just some of my thoughts.

Some helpful links that I used to research copyright, etc for a college assignment.

Public domain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Intellectual property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copyright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Youtube also has some pretty good legal info in their TOS that relates to this situation.

I agree though...harrass them to death until they help you...or harrass girlyvue until they give up!
smiles.gif