Guerlain discussion

Pinky & Poodle

So there is no perfect shade for nc20 in ldp here in the states?
ssad.gif
i quite like the formula!
It looks like Sephora has both 01 Beige Pale (pink-ish) and 31 Ambre Pale (yellow-ish) in LdP
Not sure if I can link here?

beatlegirl

I love the finish of Lingerie de Peau and 02 is about the right level for me (I'm NC20-25), but it's off a bit. It's a bit too pink for me; if there was a yellower version it would be perfect. 03 has more yellow but it's WAY too dark.

The search for the ultimate foundation continues...
I'm the same shade as you, NC25 and the perfect shade match for me would be 23 Dore Natural. But Sephora doesn't carry that shade. I haven't shopped around yet but I'm sure someone has that shade.

Audrey C

I'm the same shade as you, NC25 and the perfect shade match for me would be 23 Dore Natural. But Sephora doesn't carry that shade. I haven't shopped around yet but I'm sure someone has that shade.
Thanks for this. I don't know their numbering system very well, but would 23 be the same level of darkness as 03? If so, it was way too dark for me. I may have to try shade 31, but I think it might be a bit too light.

Foundation is so fiddly.
rants.gif

beatlegirl

Thanks for this. I don't know their numbering system very well, but would 23 be the same level of darkness as 03? If so, it was way too dark for me. I may have to try shade 31, but I think it might be a bit too light.

Foundation is so fiddly.
rants.gif
I'm not sure of their system either, but I've been told that 23 is for yellow based skin. But I haven't been able to find this shade anywhere. I'm wondering if it's only available overseas, and why do they only have shades for pink & neutral undertones in the US? It doesn't seem like any of the shades are good for yellow undertones. Really frustrating!

If you go to T's website here, you can get color matched on just about any foundation.. http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix

stacekang

Try 31 at a counter if you are nc15-nc20 and more yellow undertone like me. It's my perfect match foundation color

User38

this is my main beef with Guerlain foundations, the colours need to be mixed and fiddled around with. I don't have the time on a daily basis -- so I slap on whatever works fast and easy. I save my Guerlains for hot dates.. lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ooh... Looks like kind of a "blonzer"... Blush and bronzer in one. Sadly, the pics of the Rouge Automatique lipsticks coming out say that they're Russian exclusives (although they may be shades that have already been released here). There's also a whack of pics from other summer collections. Good find, Detective Naynadine!

Debbs

I keep looking and drooling over this 'blonzer' . I have nothing like it and think it may work great as a bicolor blush on my skintone. Orange/bronze and pink/bronze. Does that actually make sense? It just look too pretty. I am infatuated. I have Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs (14 Les Fauves) which is amazing so I ought to look into something else from this brand.