Guerlain discussion

User38

I tried a sample packet of lingerie de peau in 02 beige clair, the shades looks kinda off though, maybe too orange or a little dark? Any other nc 20 has that problem?
I have found that the Lingerie as well as Extreme and most of the Guerlain powders run a bit dark on me too -- and may oxidize. As much as I love them I have them sent to me from the Far east where there is a lighter shade and that works well on me .. NC15-18-20 MAC ref.

IHughes

Hey my mum gave me the Crazy Paris eyeshadow palette and I really like it!!! I've already reviewed it on my youtube channel in case somebody still wanted to grab it. I have worn it twice doing two different looks and I got compliments with both looks!! I'm not sure I'd have paid full price but as it was 50% off it was a great chance to try Guerlain eyeshadows.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have found that the Lingerie as well as Extreme and most of the Guerlain powders run a bit dark on me too -- and may oxidize. As much as I love them I have them sent to me from the Far east where there is a lighter shade and that works well on me .. NC15-18-20 MAC ref.
I've only ever managed to find Parure de Lumiere in the lightest shade here. Normally, their range starts with #02, which is a bit too dark, even during the summer and, as you say, oxidizes to become even darker. For some reason, PdL is available in shade 01, which is normally sent only to Asia. Too bad, because I would love to try more of their foundations.

User38

So there is no perfect shade for nc20 in ldp here in the states?
ssad.gif
i quite like the formula!
Not really Josephine -- it is darker imo. And, it can oxidize badly.

Monsy

i had beige claire and it was dark and it did oxydize.
i do not think their foundations are that good

Audrey C

I love the finish of Lingerie de Peau and 02 is about the right level for me (I'm NC20-25), but it's off a bit. It's a bit too pink for me; if there was a yellower version it would be perfect. 03 has more yellow but it's WAY too dark.

The search for the ultimate foundation continues...

Monsy

beige claire was not yellow enough for me too, I am nc15/20 but this looked to neutral pinkish on me

Audrey C

Does a too pink foundation make us look orange? I dint really know what the problem was hmm
It makes me look pink - it looked fine in the house but when I got in the car and got a better look in natural light it wasn't pretty. If my neck looks yellow in comparison, it's off.

Foundation is always a struggle for me because my neck and chest are quite a bit paler than much of my face. I spent my early childhood at my grandparents' cottage all summer and was hugely tanned by Labour Day.I have hyper pigmentation, particularly in the middle of my face. I'm tired of MUAs trying to sell me NC35-40 because I have redness in my cheeks and chin.

When I followed Lisa Eldridge's 'how to pick foundation' series and started matching to my lighter (non sun-damaged) areas, I saw immediately how much better I looked. I'm considering going the chemical peel and/or laser treatment route now; I just need to do more research.

Knope2012

I love the finish of Lingerie de Peau and 02 is about the right level for me (I'm NC20-25), but it's off a bit. It's a bit too pink for me; if there was a yellower version it would be perfect. 03 has more yellow but it's WAY too dark.

The search for the ultimate foundation continues...
I've found this about 02 as well. I'm finishing up my bottle, but it looks a little more off than I'd like. I'm not sure which foundation to try next for NC20, as MAC and NARS tend to settle in my pores.

josephine90

I've found this about 02 as well. I'm finishing up my bottle, but it looks a little more off than I'd like. I'm not sure which foundation to try next for NC20, as MAC and NARS tend to settle in my pores.
I wanted to try vitalaumiere aqua as well, I wonder if we will be a b10 or 20? Hmm

User38

Does a too pink foundation make us look orange? I dint really know what the problem was hmm
No.. if it's too pink on yellow toned skin it will make you look flushed and be markedly different to your neck -- a too dark foundation or too yellow will make you look orange.

Vitalumiere does not oxidize, so that's a consideration

Big Discovery: I just tried Rimmell .. (yes, it's a cheapie) Poreless foundation in shade 130 -- I have been using it two days straight in hot sun and sweating.. it is an amazing formula. First time I am totally in love with a foundation for me. It does make me look poreless and the colour match is perfect.

Knope2012

I wanted to try vitalaumiere aqua as well, I wonder if we will be a b10 or 20? Hmm
I'm not sure. I usually google to try and figure out my shade (but this doesn't always work), and I've seen people go for both. I have wanted to try the Chanel as well

josephine90

I'm nc25 and I use B30. B20 and B30 are VERY similar in this formula.
I'm not sure. I usually google to try and figure out my shade (but this doesn't always work), and I've seen people go for both. I have wanted to try the Chanel as well
Thanks guys! Maybe the next time i place a chanel order, i ll call a counter instead of ordering online, think they might send me some samples? I used googled as well, and i notice people seem to use both as well,
No.. if it's too pink on yellow toned skin it will make you look flushed and be markedly different to your neck -- a too dark foundation or too yellow will make you look orange. Vitalumiere does not oxidize, so that's a consideration Big Discovery:  I just tried Rimmell .. (yes, it's a cheapie) Poreless foundation in shade 130 -- I have been using it two days straight in hot sun and sweating.. it is an amazing formula.  First time I am totally in love with a foundation for me.  It does make me look poreless and the colour match is perfect.
Oooh, so its too dark for me? Hmm, most other nc20 says its too pink, so apparently even the shade intensity is wrong for me lol. Never heard of the rimmel one, i need to check it out, then again i still have color stay and cover girl 3 in 1 outlast to check out as well lol