Guerlain discussion

laurennnxox

But think they be ok
I'm not exactly sure my Mac foundation tone, as I don't really use mac--- but I'm really pale. I use typically the palest foundations from brands and sometimes they're still too yellow/dark. The holiday balls look lovely on me. :) They aren't too bronze or dark. I believe they will look great on you!

Kaidan

But think they be ok
I agree with laurennxox's comment.

You'll look fine with the holiday pearls; just make sure that the meteorites don't arrive crushed and powdery. I'm NW20 and Teint Dore (Dore in the new version) works as a barely there soft bronzer that gives a natural warmth without looking unnatural.

Anitacska

Just ordered the holiday Rouge G! Yay!

PS. UK ladies, it's in stock at John Lewis. House of Fraser also has some of the collection, but not the lipstick.

beautycool

Just ordered the holiday Rouge G! Yay! PS. UK ladies, it's in stock at John Lewis. House of Fraser also has some of the collection, but not the lipstick.
Hi Hun hope your well Thanks for heads up I wish I would of held back ordering from sephora the balls as I didn't think uk would get it in that quickly lol Was going to order the lippy though I'm in two minds of that Some pics I see I really like it then some I see and it's really bright Some reds I suit some I don't It's a lot of money to waste if don't like it Can you swatch it when it comes please Hun Do you think you like it are you a red lip girl ? And what skin type are you I'm a nw22-25 apperently I cannot wait for my balls to get to the uk I'm actually frightened that coming from usa that they will get crushed getting knocked about :( I didn't think I just wanted them since they came out and was In Two minds of getting them but after the fourth day I bought My first purchase of balls Have you got any ? Stupid question lol you prob got them all I really want the white ones but not seen them about only on ebays Do the balls ever go funny or off ? After a few years Hun Thanks for any thing you can answer

beautycool

I'm not exactly sure my Mac foundation tone, as I don't really use mac--- but I'm really pale. I use typically the palest foundations from brands and sometimes they're still too yellow/dark. The holiday balls look lovely on me. :) They aren't too bronze or dark. I believe they will look great on you! 
Hi Hun just seen this Don't check emails regularly don't have time most days Thanks for the feedback Hun I just hope mine don't get crushed on way to uk :( I be gutted x

katred

Specktra Bestie
This might well be of interest to some here who've wondered about the Rouge G lipsicks- Temptalia has posted new photos/ swatches of all the permanent shades, with dupes/ comparisons given. As she says, some of the shades are ones that she reviewed five years ago, so she's updated the comparisons and photos so that they're more in line with what she's been doing lately. (I find that it helps to be able to see them in consistent lighting):

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-4
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-3
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-2
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-1

This doesn't include any of the limited Rouge G shades, although there are some dupes/ comparisons available.

Anitacska

UK Ladies, Escentual has most of the Guerlain holiday collection (the shimmer spray isn't in stock) at 10% less than RRP!

pnfpn

UK Ladies, Escentual has most of the Guerlain holiday collection (the shimmer spray isn't in stock) at 10% less than RRP!
Ugh I knew this would happen. I got mine from John Lewis where I got free brush set. Not that I paid for any of it but I figured it'd pop up on there after I got it.

NaomiH

This might well be of interest to some here who've wondered about the Rouge G lipsicks- Temptalia has posted new photos/ swatches of all the permanent shades, with dupes/ comparisons given. As she says, some of the shades are ones that she reviewed five years ago, so she's updated the comparisons and photos so that they're more in line with what she's been doing lately. (I find that it helps to be able to see them in consistent lighting):

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-4
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-3
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-2
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-g-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-part-1

This doesn't include any of the limited Rouge G shades, although there are some dupes/ comparisons available.
I am having such a hard time deciding which one to get right now.

Kaidan

For some reason she doesn't have it in her swatches, but I think you would love Gigolo (#70). It's a deep plum and one of the best they've ever done.
I don't remember if Gigolo was LE or not, but if it was in the permanent range, then it was silently discontinued. :(

Naomi, start with a color that you wear often and can go with everything. It can be either a red, pink, orange, or beige. If you like pinks and willing to hunt an LE shade, I think that Rose Grenat would look lovely on you. I second Megdal and katred's recommendations as well. If you can find Gigolo in stores, buy it asap. As for the permanent ones, either Gladys and Greta would be lovely additions.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I don't remember if Gigolo was LE or not, but if it was in the permanent range, then it was silently discontinued. :( Naomi, start with a color that you wear often and can go with everything.  It can be either a red, pink, orange, or beige. If you like pinks and willing to hunt an LE shade, I think that Rose Grenat would look lovely on you. I second Megdal and katred's recommendations as well.  If you can find Gigolo in stores, buy it asap. As for the permanent ones, either Gladys and Greta would be lovely additions.
I thought it was LE, but it never stopped being available up here. Just checked the Guerlain web site and it's no longer listed. Dang.

beautycool

7292d65f_image.jpeg
Hi ladies my geurlain metorite brush turned up yesterday A few bristles were sticking out abit Then I thought I wash it anyways worse brush to wash it took most of the day to dry I washed it with johnsons baby shampoo at first and I couldn't seen to reshape it Anyhow I used my toddlers new baby shampoo that I had bought last week for £18.00 and it did the trick it reshaped but some bristles were sticking out still and it annoyed me anyhow when it was near enough dried I fluffed it out abit and now it looks good and better I knew the reviews were mixed before I bought it And i had ten pounds off anyhow if I would of paid full price for it I wouldn't even bothered ordering Anyhow a it took me ages to clean and to reshape and to dry It was a brush that wound me up loads My stuff has to be perfect like most of yours Otherwise it bugs me badly :(

NaomiH

For some reason she doesn't have it in her swatches, but I think you would love Gigolo (#70). It's a deep plum and one of the best they've ever done.
Oh that's gorgeous! If I can ever track it down, I'll definitely grab it in a heart beat!

NaomiH

I don't remember if Gigolo was LE or not, but if it was in the permanent range, then it was silently discontinued. :( Naomi, start with a color that you wear often and can go with everything.  It can be either a red, pink, orange, or beige. If you like pinks and willing to hunt an LE shade, I think that Rose Grenat would look lovely on you. I second Megdal and katred's recommendations as well.  If you can find Gigolo in stores, buy it asap. As for the permanent ones, either Gladys and Greta would be lovely additions.
Thank you, I'll definitely keep an eye out for Gigolo and I'm really liking the look of Gladys.

Anitacska

Just received my holiday Meteorites pearls! They are lovely, but I'm shocked how little there is in there. The weight is 25 g, it used to be 33 g! I got two red pearls though and all in good condition, so not complaining. :) The packaging is gorgeous too.

chsai

I don't remember if Gigolo was LE or not, but if it was in the permanent range, then it was silently discontinued. :(

Naomi, start with a color that you wear often and can go with everything. It can be either a red, pink, orange, or beige. If you like pinks and willing to hunt an LE shade, I think that Rose Grenat would look lovely on you. I second Megdal and katred's recommendations as well. If you can find Gigolo in stores, buy it asap. As for the permanent ones, either Gladys and Greta would be lovely additions.

It was permanent but discontinued around 2-3 months back.

Latest posts